Vices_9
Seducer
PSN: Vices_9

Nintendo DIrect Mini 1/11/18 Reactions

Jan 12, '18, 12:59am

I also agree that any disappointments that people felt were more than likely due to their own self-created hype. I still maintain that the mini direct was awesome. However, I admit the euphoria I felt has worn off and I no longer care about Kirby. But DK and TWEWY are still awesome.

I just wanted to ask, did anyone notice Tom Nook’s face on one of the Mario balloons? I didn’t think their universes were the same. Is this a tease for a new Animal Crossing or just fun because they have Pocket Camp out now? Idk if Nintendo does that kind of thing.

Tardis1982
Baller

Jan 12, '18, 4:55am

This is what I was afraid of Nintendo blew their load in year one and have nothing planned for year two. Kirby and Yoshi is not enough. I want as many Wii U ports as possible but they should not be used to pad out a direct. At the most a press release or tweet for something that small.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Re: Nintendo DIrect Mini 1/11/18 Reactions

Jan 12, '18, 5:21am

I thought the Mini was fine, mainly because while I like many expected the Direct, I knew it would be a taster to kick off the year. And it was a solid one at that I think. Yeah, the Switch is getting lots of ports, but they are solid ports for a system that is already being leapfrogged hard. And the fact that the Switch also announced a few new games, including being a part of the Dark Souls trend, is pretty awesome. Switch on the go, if it can do solid 30FPS even in Blighttown while on the mobile form, man that is an enticing offer in my book.

While it stinks that there wasn't a huge "Oh SNAP! NEW DK!" or a new Pikman or something new and big, my hope is that is because E3 is having a few surprises as well. Either way, I doubt Nintendo blew their load already, seemingly to me they've learned quite a lot from the Wii U and later Wii era. But I'm an optimist, they could prove me quite wrong.

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jan 12, '18, 8:07am

Tardis1982 wrote:This is what I was afraid of Nintendo blew their load in year one and have nothing planned for year two. Kirby and Yoshi is not enough. I want as many Wii U ports as possible but they should not be used to pad out a direct. At the most a press release or tweet for something that small.

Yep, this is it. They showed everything that's going to be coming out in 2018 in their self proclaimed 'mini' direct on January 11th. FailFish

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Jan 12, '18, 8:38am

gwnner wrote: A few remasters and a tennis game, even though they look very cool just aren't really reasons to be massively excited. I think this is example 11,456,889 of people looking at Nintendo at holding them to a lower standard than they do with Sony and Microsoft. If I knew as little about Sony's 2018 and beyond as I do about Nintendo's then I'd probably just go down the PC route.

Preach!

I love my switch. I loved Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids.

But none of the games in this direct got me excited to buy on day 1. I am happy that they have a lot of indie's on their marketplace, and the DLC that's coming out, but eh. Okay. Maybe they are holding something back for the summer/fall, but doesn't seem like anything that would be another "tent pole" franchise...or even without a tease of what would also be coming leaves me kind of "eh its fine" about it.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Transfigurations
Producer

Jan 12, '18, 9:29am

I didn't see anything I wanted to play, but it's not that big of a deal, as this was just a mini. We'll get a full Direct in about 3 months from now, and they'll show off more games coming out. There's a ton of indies I'm interested in, and I still haven't played the Zelda DLC, so I'm good for a bit.

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Jan 12, '18, 8:23pm

theindieboy wrote:Well still not managed to sell me on a switch, can't justify the money for zelda and i commute 2 days a week for 2 hours each day, guess i will keep chipping away at my vita backlog. Guess Ninetendo games have not spoken to me since n64 sad as they used to be my main consoles till playstation turned up

Consider that in August 29th, 2017, I reported there being 109 titles on the Switch available for download. Today, January 12, 2018, there are 362 titles available for download. That's a growth of over 250 games in 4.5 months.
Put that flag down and lift up your neighbour instead

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Jan 12, '18, 8:26pm

Tardis1982 wrote:This is what I was afraid of Nintendo blew their load in year one and have nothing planned for year two. Kirby and Yoshi is not enough. I want as many Wii U ports as possible but they should not be used to pad out a direct. At the most a press release or tweet for something that small.

Their release dates cover the first quarter of the year -- maybe up to half of the year. You know there will be more that needs to be said later this year.
Put that flag down and lift up your neighbour instead

Tardis1982
Baller

Jan 15, '18, 10:05am

touchfuzzy wrote:

Yep, this is it. They showed everything that's going to be coming out in 2018 in their self proclaimed 'mini' direct on January 11th. FailFish

You are missing the point the NS is great but if they don't announce more things more consistently its just a fancier Wii U. But Nintendo always seems to get a pass.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

Return to “Nintendo”