vivalavita
Pure One
PSN: xX-Gamerpower-Xx

Next Step For Zelda Opinions

Mar 27, '17, 8:08pm

I loved Breath of the Wild. I love the new take on Zelda, and how it breaks conventions. But I also think that the next game, if it has the same style of open world, should bring some of those conventions back but worked around the open nature of the game. For me, the ideal next Zelda game would be a stronger story, (more) themed dungeons that can be tackled in any order, a repair system or reworked durability (weapons degrade to a way lower damage output for example), and more inventive bosses. If there's one thing i dislike about Breath of the Wild, it's that there weren't many bosses of note, as the Stone monsters and Hinox being found in multiple places made them feel more like tougher enemies than boss types. It would've been cool if the Major Tests of Strength shrines had a unique boss, instead of the ever repeating tri-wielding guardian. If the next game had more traditional dungeons, it would make exploration even more exciting, as you could hop down a valley and realize you're at the forest temple. I would also like to see the return of twilight princess style combat, where you can unlock more moves that can help, but here they could be physics based, say one that allows you to hit the weapon out of an enemy's hand if you time your attack well, instead of a shield parry. Maybe you could come across various training grounds around the overworld to unlock these moves. That would further encourage the exploration. I guess i just went them to improve the parts I found lacking. i just wanted to spill my thoughts about this and check out what others think of my thoughts and their own.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Mar 27, '17, 11:27pm

I want a Marjora's Mask type game

More Story based....some sort of time puzzles/gimmicks...a little darker....better music and more old school dungeons...a new villain with no ties to Ganon

stratogustav
Baller
Position/Title: Contributor at CGR
XBL: stratogustav
PSN: stratogustav
Steam: stratogustav

Re: Next Step For Zelda Opinions

Mar 28, '17, 12:10am

Too early to think about this, but another pixelated Zelda in the like of A Link To The Past, or in the like if the NES version of The Legend Of Zelda, maybe even another sidescrolling game in the like of The Adventure Of Link, and if they want to go wild, perhaps a 2D Zelda maker, including the handheld versions of Link. The current one has a lot of juice though, so we won't need more Zelda for a while.

Tardis1982
Baller

Mar 29, '17, 5:38am

Make a game that actually has a story.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

GregB
Baller

Mar 29, '17, 9:00am

I think it would be neat to have a prequel to this game that takes place 100 years ago. Hyrule would be in it's pristine glory, the kingdom and all the towns and villages would be enjoying a time of prosperity. The twist would be that you play as Ganon. You take on different forms of the Calamity to defeat the various Champions and Link to take over all the areas of Hyrule.

Transfigurations
Seducer

Mar 29, '17, 9:14am

Release that 8-bit BOTW prototype.

TheHiketeia
Producer
PSN: TheHiketeia
NNID: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

Apr 26, '17, 2:10pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:I want a Marjora's Mask type game

More Story based....some sort of time puzzles/gimmicks...a little darker....better music and more old school dungeons...a new villain with no ties to Ganon

This, 100%. I beat BotW, but only because I've challenged myself to play through & beat as much as my catalog (and back catalog) as possible this year. The game play is fun, but to be honest, I found it boring.

I want a BotW-like game, but with an actual narrative. Majora's Mask was the only Zelda game I ever beat when I was a youngin' because it had more story. I'd love a legit narrative Zelda game.

Also, let me play as Sheik Zelda dammit. I am a girl of simple wants, and I want ninja-Princesses please.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

gooseysoucy
Shadow Boxer
XBL: gooseysoucy

Apr 26, '17, 2:31pm

Zelda Kart Racing and Zelda Pinball

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Apr 26, '17, 2:51pm

TheHiketeia wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:I want a Marjora's Mask type game

This, 100%. I beat BotW, but only because I've challenged myself to play through & beat as much as my catalog (and back catalog) as possible this year. The game play is fun, but to be honest, I found it boring.

I want a BotW-like game, but with an actual narrative. Majora's Mask was the only Zelda game I ever beat when I was a youngin' because it had more story. I'd love a legit narrative Zelda game.

Also, let me play as Sheik Zelda dammit. I am a girl of simple wants, and I want ninja-Princesses please.

My hope is a Zelda Story is the last DLC...but who knows with Nintendo

I really Wish Nintendo could play something like Persona 5 and be like...ok lets try a cool story like this.

Olly
Unsung Hero

Apr 26, '17, 7:51pm

After playing BOTW, I would say I just want more of the same.

GregB wrote:I think it would be neat to have a prequel to this game that takes place 100 years ago. Hyrule would be in it's pristine glory, the kingdom and all the towns and villages would be enjoying a time of prosperity.

That would be cool!

Tardis1982
Baller

Apr 28, '17, 5:29am

Have a story.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

May 01, '17, 6:15pm

Beyond the repeated more story driven concept for Zelda, I would actually love to see them explore something dark again in the vein of Majora's Mask. Ma fav

Nysown
Pure One
XBL: SilkWilkins88
PSN: SilkWilkins88
NNID: Nysown

Oct 23, '17, 12:38pm

I wouldn't mind another open world game, however, I would not mind a more story driven game. More varied shrines would be a plus. Before I moved away from Zelda I was trying to complete every shrine. Due to them being very similar it does feel like a grind trying to complete them all.
" portilloX gon' give it to ya phuck waiting for you to get it on your own portilloX gon' deliver to ya"

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Oct 23, '17, 3:55pm

I myself would love a new 16 bit style game on the switch, I think you need a palate cleanser before they do a new 3D Zelda

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Oct 24, '17, 1:13am

Anything other than another Zelda: Monster Hunter
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

Return to “Nintendo”