BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Re: Switch | Master Thread

Oct 04, '17, 5:27am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Exactly! I expected at some point I'd buy a switch, but I was holding out until I really really felt like it. Then I saw the red switch as was like "it's so cool but... nah, I have enough to play on the PS4 and the SNES classic". Then I got money for my birthday and my brain went portilloSeducer

Jeez... I kinda wanted a SNES classic, but... I'm afraid I'd get a beating for it, from the missus. kftongue

Kingotnw
Best Friend

Switch | Master Thread

Oct 14, '17, 6:50am

The Switch has begun to dominate my console time. I never in a million years would have thought that this would be possible for me. I am gaming for hours every day, and it seems like every week more and more time gets devoted to playing my Switch.

Anyone else have this happening to them?

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Oct 14, '17, 7:52am

I've had the Switch for about a month and the only thing that I'm struggling with is the size of the screen and the fineness of graphic detail within those dimensions. It's the same problem with smartphones and tablets, where pixel size has become so small. Using one of these devices too long causes my eye focus to go "lazy" for a period of time afterwards. But with the smartphone, I'm less likely to spend that much time looking at it, whereas on the Switch the level of quality of game can engross me for much longer. And when you too have crossed the 40 year mark, your eyes and body will start to change in unfavourable ways. So I like the Switch and what place it holds in the video game industry, but darn it just might be the first ageist video game system I've owned.

No matter where you get to, there you are

ThePomars
Pure One
XBL: iiKiDxIronMan
NNID: OmarChaos

Switch | Master Thread

Oct 18, '17, 3:38pm

Its a sad day today, got my Switch & picked up a $35 eshop card & i scratched the code with a key and now i gotta wait 2-4 days for rhe money to show up kn my account

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Switch | Master Thread

Oct 18, '17, 7:02pm

ThePomars wrote:Its a sad day today, got my Switch & picked up a $35 eshop card & i scratched the code with a key and now i gotta wait 2-4 days for rhe money to show up kn my account

Why do you have to wait 2-4 days??

ThePomars
Pure One
XBL: iiKiDxIronMan
NNID: OmarChaos

Switch | Master Thread

Oct 18, '17, 7:10pm

MannySJ wrote:
ThePomars wrote:Its a sad day today, got my Switch & picked up a $35 eshop card & i scratched the code with a key and now i gotta wait 2-4 days for rhe money to show up kn my account

Why do you have to wait 2-4 days??

O i left out that because I scratched with a key, its scratched off like half the code before I noticed, so I had to call nintendo support & the guy on the phone explained that it takes that long to get my money back because a lot of people do the same thing

Khempel
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: DarkRytes

Switch | Master Thread

Oct 29, '17, 8:10pm

Have a standard case for my switch right now and looking to upgrade. I work nights at lea st once every couple months and take it in, then travel some too. Any recommendations? Trying to remember if it is sfbags that the kinda funny crew likes?

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Switch | Master Thread

Oct 30, '17, 3:47pm

Khempel wrote:Have a standard case for my switch right now and looking to upgrade. I work nights at lea st once every couple months and take it in, then travel some too. Any recommendations? Trying to remember if it is sfbags that the kinda funny crew likes?

Maybe not an upgrade, but I recommend the Hori NSW-038U Tough Pouch for Nintendo Switch. It's a simple case with a screen-covering flap for holding a few cartridges. What's nice about this one is that the Switch console with its Joy-Cons attached can slip in and out of the case in a second. There is no mesh elastic retainer to make things difficult. So like, if you want to pop it out for a couple minutes of SMO while your spouse left the couch to go to the washroom, then you can. Not that I officially condone such sneaky behaviour around the one that you love and respect.

No matter where you get to, there you are

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Switch | Master Thread

Oct 30, '17, 4:05pm

Khempel wrote:Have a standard case for my switch right now and looking to upgrade. I work nights at lea st once every couple months and take it in, then travel some too. Any recommendations? Trying to remember if it is sfbags that the kinda funny crew likes?

Game Traveler Deluxe Case from RDR is pretty much the standard. It's affordable, it protects the system well, it's easy to slip in or out, and it comes in Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, or Splatoon varieties.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch- ... Src=detail

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Nov 02, '17, 4:53am

Two questions:

1.)Has anyone invested in the portable battery packs for the Switch? I'm going on a 10 hour flight relatively soon and wouldn't mind playing some Switch during that time. I've looked online for some updates, but wanted to ask if anyone here personally had any experience with it.

2.) Has anyone's Switch fan kicked on to real high for no reason? I had this happen twice -- no reason, I had no been playing for a long time, unobstructed, just exploring the world. But they kicked on and just kept running high, to the point I turned off the system and turned it back on to stop it.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Switch | Master Thread

Nov 20, '17, 6:50pm

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

starhama
Best Friend

Nov 30, '17, 12:48pm

Apparently theirs a switch direct according to EA who sent an email to one reddit user (old soul 2) telling him about FE coming to switch the direct is happening in January, I was hoping for something in December but hey somethings better than nothing even if it is in January. GregGunnar

starhama
Best Friend

Dec 03, '17, 1:09pm

January 18th 2018 a direct is happening

Mrt911
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Battingmidget
PSN: Coltcalamity

Switch | Master Thread

Dec 14, '17, 6:24am

kflove hey kindafunny best friends. I don't normally do this but i was wondering if anyone had access to get me a zelda switch code. I just got a switch and no games. I have no money to buy games right now and at this moment my switch is a paper weight and I'm dying to play Zelda.

Thanks Best friends.
Marty

Return to “Nintendo”