REYM3R
Producer
Position/Title: Producer/Seducer
XBL: REYM3R
PSN: TheOnlyREYM3R

The Problem With Preloading Games on Switch

Oct 26, '17, 8:10pm

So I preordered and preloaded Mario Odyssey onto my Switch this morning (because I’m on the road for work for a few days now) only to find out that the Switch doesn’t have an internal calendar and that I’m going to need to connect my Switch to wifi in order to play it. Even though it’s fully installed onto my Switch already.

That’s dumb.
TheReymMachine
Balor Club 4 Life

BuffArms
Baller

Re: The Problem With Preloading Games on Switch

Oct 26, '17, 9:55pm

WTF the switch doesnt have system clock. That cant be real.

But then who'd have guessed someone would build a console on a Tablet SOC and not have voice chat.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

REYM3R
Producer

Oct 26, '17, 10:18pm

BuffArms wrote:WTF the switch doesnt have system clock. That cant be real.

But then who'd have guessed someone would build a console on a Tablet SOC and not have voice chat.

It’s got a clock. It can tell the time. It apparently just doesn’t have any clue what day or month or year it is.
TheReymMachine
Balor Club 4 Life

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Oct 27, '17, 5:36am

REYM3R wrote:

It’s got a clock. It can tell the time. It apparently just doesn’t have any clue what day or month or year it is.

Heh. I LOL'ed so hard at this, people here at work are still looking at me funny.

portilloOMG

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Oct 27, '17, 7:28am

REYM3R wrote:

Just when you think Nintendo ran out of ways to fuck up their own hardware they go and invent brand new ones. Brilliant. ThisIsFine

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

Transfigurations
Seducer

Oct 27, '17, 7:38am

I see what you're saying, but it only makes sense that you have to be connected to the internet to unlock it, because you could just manipulate your clock, and unlock the game the moment its up to pre-load.

I'm out of town too, and had the game pre-loaded, but I just found wifi and it unlocked. The game itself doesn't need to be connected to the internet the entire time, it just needs to, to unlock the game. And again, it makes perfect sense why that needs to be done that way. Just find a coffee shop, McDonalds or a hotel. Finding wifi is easy.

REYM3R
Producer

Oct 27, '17, 12:23pm

Transfigurations wrote:I see what you're saying, but it only makes sense that you have to be connected to the internet to unlock it, because you could just manipulate your clock, and unlock the game the moment its up to pre-load.

I'm out of town too, and had the game pre-loaded, but I just found wifi and it unlocked. The game itself doesn't need to be connected to the internet the entire time, it just needs to, to unlock the game. And again, it makes perfect sense why that needs to be done that way. Just find a coffee shop, McDonalds or a hotel. Finding wifi is easy.

I realized all I had to do to fix my problem, around 10:00 last night, was turn my phones wifi hotspot on for about 60 seconds. Then I played til 3 AM and had to work at 8.

I REGRET NOTHING! FuckOff

Now I got an 8 hour drive before I can play more.

Still think it’s a dumb function, though.
TheReymMachine
Balor Club 4 Life

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Oct 30, '17, 3:50am

Transfigurations wrote:I see what you're saying, but it only makes sense that you have to be connected to the internet to unlock it, because you could just manipulate your clock, and unlock the game the moment its up to pre-load.

Yeah I have to agree with you on that one

ThePomars
Pure One
XBL: iiKiDxIronMan
NNID: OmarChaos

The Problem With Preloading Games on Switch

Nov 02, '17, 7:05pm

I don't have wifi at home & i pre loaded odyssey at my cousins house and when it came time for the game to release, i just popped the hotspot kn my phone, checked & turned it back off.. i didn't think it was that big of a deal, considering you're downloading the game, I think its fair Nintendo can assume you'll have internet when the game comes out.

Return to “Nintendo”