WhoaNellyJake
Best Friend
PSN: WhoaNellyJake

3DS | Master Thread

Dec 06, '16, 9:30pm

Hey guys, so I just bought a New 3DS Xl, which is my first 3DS and my first DS I've ever had. Haven't owned a handheld since my GBA SP (which was lit by the way). I was wondering- what are the must have titles for the 3DS and DS to own for a first time user? Thanks! ColinApproves

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: Danaxus82

3DS | Master Thread

Dec 07, '16, 3:53am

WhoaNellyJake wrote:Hey guys, so I just bought a New 3DS Xl, which is my first 3DS and my first DS I've ever had. Haven't owned a handheld since my GBA SP (which was lit by the way). I was wondering- what are the must have titles for the 3DS and DS to own for a first time user? Thanks! ColinApproves

Plenty of good advice for that on the forums. Try checking out these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5592
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3980
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2553

Mr.Indie
Best Friend
Position/Title: Indie Game Developer

3DS | Master Thread

Jan 22, '17, 4:00pm

The new Fire Emblem for 3DS is going to be exclusive to the New 3DS very much like Xenoblade Chronicles. I think from now on Nintendo is going to make games exclusively for the new 3DS, especially Switch/3DS games, because it's more easy to port.

Like, come on, the new 3DS has twice the specs (processor and RAM) comparing with the normal 3DS. They have to make more juice from that little box...

rofl5
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: No

3DS | Master Thread

Mar 09, '17, 11:17am

WhoaNellyJake wrote:Hey guys, so I just bought a New 3DS Xl, which is my first 3DS and my first DS I've ever had. Haven't owned a handheld since my GBA SP (which was lit by the way). I was wondering- what are the must have titles for the 3DS and DS to own for a first time user? Thanks! ColinApproves

The Rune Factory 4 is a must by my standard. It has tons of features and tons of places to explore. It makes quite a few references to other games in the series but the story itself is separate. You can also get the other three games, they're pretty good though RF1 is really unbalanced and RF2 takes awhile to get to the main plot.

I would recommend Ghost Trick if you're into puzzle games. It's story is really good too. Also other good puzzle games are the Ace Attorney series and Professor Layton series.

I've heard good things about 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. Haven't played it myself though.

Super Smash Brothers, obviously another good one.

Digimon World Championship is a favourite of mine but it's only a game you might like if you enjoy raising creatures and are a completionist. The battle function sucks since you can't control any of your monsters during it.

And of course, almost any Pokemon game on the DS and 3DS are fantastic. Except Pokemon Trozei and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinite. If you only get one, get either Sun or Moon in my opinion.

Mikomono
Best Friend
PSN: Zero_915_
Steam: Mikomono

Re: 3DS | Master Thread

Mar 14, '17, 5:38pm

Does the new 3ds run games better? I've noticed when playing pokemon sun that the game will lag during battles when there's a lot going on. Although if pokemon stars is real and what I hope for, then I'm just ditching going full force into Switch.

BlueShadow88
Best Friend
Position/Title: Independent Contractor
XBL: ShadowSurv1v3r
PSN: BlueShadow17
NNID: TheSA-XProject
Steam: Shadowguy20004

3DS | Master Thread

Jun 16, '17, 11:19am

Just bought a Galaxy N3DS XL for the new Metroid 2 remake
Need some KF Best Friends for my friends list
Just add my FC and let me know so I can add you back
3411-6075-7034
Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Moon version.
Long Time Kinda Funny "Best Friend", New Forum User since 2017
OG Vita Island Member / Owns Nintendo Switch, SNES
PSN: BlueShadow17 / Level 27 Trophy Hoarder (PS3/PS4/Vita)
GameFAQs: BigBlue80
YouTube: shadowguy20004 (Unboxing/Reviews/Streaming)
Brooklyn, NY (Knicks, Mets, Giants, Rangers)

m15anthr0pe
Best Friend

3DS | Master Thread

Jul 21, '17, 9:43am

I picked up a 3DS XL yesterday on sale! I was going to ask the BFs for some games to play but I figured I'd search the forums before asking. You guys are awesome! kfsmile

JRV
Baller

3DS | Master Thread

Jul 21, '17, 5:02pm

m15anthr0pe wrote:I picked up a 3DS XL yesterday on sale! I was going to ask the BFs for some games to play but I figured I'd search the forums before asking. You guys are awesome! kfsmile

This thread might help

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3980&p=58591

Return to “Nintendo”