KMacDW
Pure One
XBL: KMacDW
PSN: KMacDW

Re: Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 11, '16, 8:46am

Feel they've ruined the game with all these updates and removing third party sites.

I'd catch my pokemon while walking my dog in the park or occasionally my pinging my neighborhood on Pokevision and heading out to grab particular pokemon.

Without the use of Pokevision the latter is impossible and the former is quite difficult as it's rare anything new pops up in the park and when it does it's impossible to pinpoint where it is. I haven't caught anything new in 10 days or so.

Even eggs seem to be trolling me. Every 2k is a Zubat and my 5k eggs tend to be the same few pokemon over and over; Goldeen, Meowth and Psyduck spring to mind. I still don't have a Growlithe (my favorite pokemon). Finally got a Mankey last week, only to get another one during the same walk.... such a pain.

Really my interaction with the game of late is simply grabbing the handful of pokestops in the local park, catching a couple of commons and occasionally grabbing the nearest gym.

Can't see myself playing the game for much longer tbh.

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: Danaxus82

Aug 12, '16, 4:03am

KMacDW wrote:Feel they've ruined the game with all these updates and removing third party sites.

Try: https://fastpokemap.com/

It's buggy and not as good as pokevision was (the range is much smaller, and it doesn't always find all the pokemon in an area), but it's the best alternative I've found so far.

KMacDW
Pure One
XBL: KMacDW
PSN: KMacDW

Aug 12, '16, 5:33am

Wildblood wrote:
KMacDW wrote:Feel they've ruined the game with all these updates and removing third party sites.

Try: https://fastpokemap.com/

It's buggy and not as good as pokevision was (the range is much smaller, and it doesn't always find all the pokemon in an area), but it's the best alternative I've found so far.
Thanks, I'll have a look :)

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Aug 12, '16, 9:44pm

If you were to find the fountainhead of spawning Pokémon and camp there until you got everything, I suppose that This would be that place. Perhaps this is an overestimation, but OMG it is so rich and satisfying...

“Now that is the look that softens every bone in my body, except one.” -Mortdecai

JRV
Baller

Aug 13, '16, 5:13pm

I was looking at something else and found this article which I found most interesting

"Pokemon Go" Is Satoru Iwata's Lasting Legacy
Iwata had more than just a little hand in bringing "Pokemon Go" to life.

Brittany Vincent
August 13, 2016 5:30pm CDT

If you've been enjoying Pokemon Go, you might want to thank the late and great Satoru Iwata, who sadly passed away last year. It turns out he worked quite closely on the mobile game, from the earliest planning stages up until his final months while he was in the hospital.

Iwata worked tirelessly on the game and used his computer to chat with Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of The Pokemon Company, while in the hospital to discuss how the game might turn out. The thoughts behind Pokemon Go were that kids would be able to enjoy the game without having to spend a lot of money, as an executive at a company who knew Iwata explained.

Iwata's legacy lives on, just like the entire gaming community knew it would. Thank you, Mr. Iwata, for a fun and exciting game that we can continue to share with our friends!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ing-legacy

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Aug 15, '16, 1:58pm

Did they refresh the nest spawns again? I saw Ponyta and Slowpoke on Nearby at my apartment this morning and I've never seen them around.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 16, '16, 3:51pm

We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 16, '16, 8:19pm

Deathtone wrote:pic

LOL this is great! However, there's a surprising lack of Pidgeys

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 16, '16, 8:35pm

nicktorious_BIG wrote:
Deathtone wrote:pic

LOL this is great! However, there's a surprising lack of Pidgeys

There is also master balls being used

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 21, '16, 2:41am

Chaz wrote:There is also master balls being used

I remembered rumors of them being ingame? Or were they faked?
► Show Spoiler

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 22, '16, 1:40pm

Mavryk wrote:

Someone found them when they went through the game's code. AFAIK, they're not actually available to get though.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 22, '16, 2:09pm

MannySJ wrote:
Mavryk wrote:

Someone found them when they went through the game's code. AFAIK, they're not actually available to get though.

Gotta love those dataminers. Unless your a PC gamer haha

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Pokémon Go | Discussion

Aug 22, '16, 8:41pm

Not that I'm back up at college for the semester, I've been playing a lot more recently. As it turns out, there's a Pokestop right where I sleep. I can literally hit it from my bed. I'm never gonna run dry on Pokeballs now Nickgasm

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 23, '16, 4:29am

Ok, I've found an interesting bug (I think?) with the game that lets me get free coins and stardust. Of course, if I'm a noob and never realised you can claim gym rewards WITHOUT waiting 21 hours after first conquering, then feel free to ignore this entire post and just call me a noob.

Here's what I did step-by-step:

1) I took over a gym in the morning, but lost it by the evening.
2) Next morning I took over the gym again. Once it was mine again, I went to my eggs, tapped on one, then pressed "Start Incubation". my only incubator (the infinite one), was in use.
3) I tapped on the store icon from the egg-incubator menu. It took me to the store (obviously). However in the top right it showed me a shield with the number '1' in it. I pressed that and it gave me 10 coins and 500 stardust, and started the gym countdown (21 hours).

4) I lost the gym again (of course), that afternoon. The following morning (Friday) I repeated steps 2-3 and got 10 more coins, and 500 more stardust. Again I lost the gym a few hours later.

5) Weekend happened and I didn't visit the gym (too busy getting Shadow of Mordor plat). I went again on Monday morning, took the gym, got more coins and Stardust.

Factors that may play a role:
  • Accessing the shop from the egg incubation menu, rather than from the main menu, after conquering a gym.
  • One time I took the same gym in the morning and had it til late at night. When I woke up the next morning, it was gone. I am fairly confident that I had the gym for over 21 hours, but lost it before I could claim my prize. Maybe this got my account entangled with that gym and caught up in an endless loop. Now, every time I take over that gym, maybe it assumes I've had it for over 21 hours.
  • I don't interact with any other gym - I'm terrified of losing my free stuff so my only gym interactions involve that one specific gym and only following the steps above.

P.S. If any of you manage to replicate my results, please don't share it with the rest of the internet, as it will get patched out pretty damn fast. That said 10 coins a day is pretty shit - best we can hope for is a free incubator every 2 weeks, so I won't cry if I end up losing it.

Weidleface
Producer
PSN: Weidleface
NNID: Weidleface
Steam: Weidleface

Aug 23, '16, 11:01am

Wildblood wrote:

It's not that you have to hold a gym for over 21 hours, it's that you can only redeem Pokecoins every 21 hours. Oftentimes I'll get a pokemon in a gym and just redeem immediately since I know they won't be able to hang out in there for long, and I have no intention of taking over any other gyms that day.

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Aug 24, '16, 12:18pm

I don't know where to look anymore. Level 24, 127 caught (129 seen) and the places I've been are tapped out of anything new and just have more of the stuff I already have. There are no clues, and waterways do not yield more water monsters than my home, nor do forests, parks, and grasslands yield anything characteristic of their environment apart from the standard triple-play of shit: Rats, bats, and pigeons. The game no longer issues 10km eggs, and the 5km and 2km ones are redundant and useless. At this point I don't need a game to motivate me explore. Rather, I feel that the game has nothing left for me and its diminishing returns for the investment of time and energy. The last "surprise" appearance was impossible to catch and ran away quickly anyways. To keep putting in feels like playing in a lottery (impossible odds). To be sure I'm not gullible to spend any more money.

I've enjoyed myself immensely but I have hit a wall

“Now that is the look that softens every bone in my body, except one.” -Mortdecai

Mavryk
Management
Management

Aug 24, '16, 6:53pm

I think city centers and tourist spots are the best place to go these days to catch more varied set of Pokemon. That being said they do seem to rotate the nests every so often (I think one is coming up) to make it easier to catch new Pokemon.
► Show Spoiler

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 25, '16, 3:33am

Weidleface wrote:It's not that you have to hold a gym for over 21 hours, it's that you can only redeem Pokecoins every 21 hours. Oftentimes I'll get a pokemon in a gym and just redeem immediately since I know they won't be able to hang out in there for long, and I have no intention of taking over any other gyms that day.

You're right, I've been a noob for weeks! I have a lot of catching up to do now to get coins *sigh*

Mavryk wrote:I think city centers and tourist spots are the best place to go these days to catch more varied set of Pokemon. That being said they do seem to rotate the nests every so often (I think one is coming up) to make it easier to catch new Pokemon.

The spawns confuse the hell out of me. Every update though, things seem to change. Charmanders never used to appear near me, now they're crawling out of the walls for example. Charizard used to be a pipedream, but if this keeps up, I'll have one relatively soon.

It's been my impression that certain rare pokemon seem to follow a path. If say, a Mime spawns near me, after it despawns it will appear appear further down the road, shortly after, then appear a few km a little bit after that. I've seen that happen with a couple of rare spawns.

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Aug 25, '16, 5:38am

I caught a Meowth with 10 CP (literally minimal) and the appraisal said that this Pokemon can battle with the best of them. Now that's being polite/diplomatic to the degree of being unhelpful.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Aug 25, '16, 8:07am

MeatCake wrote:I caught a Meowth with 10 CP (literally minimal) and the appraisal said that this Pokemon can battle with the best of them. Now that's being polite/diplomatic to the degree of being unhelpful.

That's because the appraisal is about their hidden stats, not their Combat power. If you trained that Meowth to the maximum level, it will supposedly out perform others of the same level. No two Pokemon are alike, even when you catch the exact same Pokemon over and over because they have a bunch of hidden stats that differentiate them, just like in the main games.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Nintendo”