BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Re: What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Sep 12, '17, 1:56pm

Frostilyte wrote:
BetoJR wrote:JI don't think it's terribly well-balanced for PC

Based on the rest of your post you mean "optimized", right?

Also your laptop has the graphical processing power of a toaster.

Really? That graphical processor is that bad? Thank God I opted for the PS4, then. portilloYell

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Steam: Frostilyte

Sep 12, '17, 6:58pm

BetoJR wrote:Really? That graphical processor is that bad? Thank God I opted for the PS4, then. portilloYell

Laptop GPUs, contrary to what marketing will tell you, have never been designed to perform like a desktop GPU. Excepting the same level of performance from a mobile GPU as a desktop GPU would be like expecting the PS3 to run...Uncharted 4.

I'm sure your laptop gets by fine with smaller stuff, but on a more graphically intense game you'll want to use your console, or a proper fitted desktop (whichever tickles your fancy). I did use a laptop for gaming before I built my desktop and was always pleasantly surprised when it actually did manage to run any given game.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Sep 28, '17, 6:27am

Finishing up a few things I have backlogged. Didn't pick up Divinity OS2 yet because I wanted to make sure I didn't have any impending games to play, but now that I've missed launch I'm pondering waiting for a tiny sale, so I can save a bit of scratch on purchasing it...decisions, decisions...

Either way, currently playing Monaco. I'm not a huge fan of it. I was having an alright time playing alone, but I sorta hit a wall a little over halfway through the locksmith's campaign. I'm not sure if I'm just not getting how a certain subset of mechanics work in the game, or if switching gears into the other campaign missions would give me an increased opportunity to build up to the requirements of the current mission I'm doing. I suggest this as being a possibility because the campaigns aren't entirely linear. There is 4 that apparently tell the same story from different perspectives and they run in parallel. Thinking if I dial back and play through some of the missions I've skipped getting each campaign up to the spot I am at in the timeline I might get more familiar with what's going on and be better at it.

Also have Invisgun Heroes, Mages of Mystralia, and Shantae 1/2 genie DLC to play follow that.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Sep 28, '17, 2:43pm

Currently playing through DiRT Showdown. Its a lot of fun.

Also in the pipeline is Rise Of The Tomb Raider and I wanna pick up Ruiner asap.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Sep 30, '17, 3:31am

Half way through the Division.
► Show Spoiler

toddmhardin
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Oct 02, '17, 12:17pm

Currently on rotation basically between: PUBG, GTA5,Rainbow 6,Overwatch and other games in small doses.

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Oct 10, '17, 10:23am

Played and finished Shantae 1/2 genie DLC. It is not worth the asking price. Fun enough on it's own, but 10$ for the same stages, bosses, and almost 1 to 1 identical item locations is kinda bullshit. Might be worth it at the 5$ mark for most. Glad I received it as a gift from a friend.

Gave up on Monaco because I wasn't having much fun with it. I think I finished about half the missions, but it just wasn't really grabbing me.

So with that out of the way: Mages of Mystralia and Snake Pass (with some Invisgun Heroes on the side).

Not a huge fan of Mages of Mystralia. I have numerous problems with it, but it mostly boils down to me being bored while playing it. Not tremendously engaging.

Snake Pass, on the other hand, I do like. The controls are a bit wonky, but that's by design. I think it's the kind of game you're either going to like or hate. Thus far playing around as a snake has been really fun, so I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I appear to be almost done it though, which is good because the central gimmick of the controls only holds a game for so long before it becomes irritating.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Oct 10, '17, 11:34am

Been playing a couple of things on PC as of late.

First off I dove into the original Fallout for a bit and man, this is definitely a whole different beast compared to the modern Fallout games. I knew they were different, but the original Fallout has been a little tough to get into...for a couple of reasons. First off, I'm finding the controls to be a little archaic. I found myself pressing the wrong buttons, which is devastating when you are in battle because almost every action takes up "action points." You only have so many per turn. Looking at your inventory, for example, takes up action points, which is a little unfortunate. Something as easy as that should not take up action points. I'm sure this problem gets corrected as you level up and gain experience, but the initial going has been a little tough to grasp. I think I've figured it all out, but it took some time.

I also got boned on the saving situation. Most Fallout games train you to save constantly to avoid getting into trouble. I had a lapse I guess and I decided to venture outside the first cave and into the wasteland. I was immediately met by a couple of Radscorpions who decided to fuck my day up. And fuck my day up they did. I couldn't tell if I was under-powered or if it was user error, but I promptly died. I then realized I didn't save...so I have to go through the initial cave again. I think there is some enjoyment to be had, it's just going to take a little getting used to.

The other game I've been dabbling with as of late is The Blackwell Legacy. It's a point-and-click adventure game that so far has been pretty by the books. I haven't encountered any tough puzzles yet or any other challenges. So far it's been pretty linear and everything has been pretty cut-and-dry. The writing leaves a bit to be desired and the pixel art is nothing special. It's serviceable but that's about it. I think I'm going to stick with it because I'm a geek for adventure games but so far nothing about the game has been too special.

tompi
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Oct 12, '17, 1:00am

I start my adventure with Middle-Earth Shadow of War! :D
It was a little town, at the corner of many large cities. But it was in him that there was a great love. umowa kupna sprzedaży samochodu

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Oct 15, '17, 7:28pm

Cosmic Star Heroine. I rather like what I've played of it so far. A lot of the elements that I normally find very bothersome in jRPGs are not present within it, so things are moving along at a fairly brisk pace.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Oct 27, '17, 5:27am

A Hat in Time, and Hollow Knight Grime Troupe (free) content update.

The free update to Hollow Knight is so-so thus far. I was figuring it'd be like the first where it'd be a few more boss fights, but they're making me do a fetch quest before I'm allowed to do the fighting. :(

A Hat in Time is lovely.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oct 30, '17, 1:43pm

I have been playing Worms Golf over the last few days. It was in my Steam library (I think I got it in a humble bundle) but had never gotten around to playing it. Its a good "play while listening to a podcast" game.

Tswihdiu
Best Friend

Nov 10, '17, 10:52pm

Call of Duty: Black Ops III , very fun

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nov 11, '17, 3:02am

I'm about 12 hours into Witcher 3. Really enjoying it so far.

Calrissien
Unsung Hero
XBL: Calrissien
PSN: Kuruption84
Steam: Kuruption84

Nov 12, '17, 11:38am

The_Redback wrote:I'm about 12 hours into Witcher 3. Really enjoying it so far.

Great game. I still have to get through the last expansion.

Playing Destiny 2 & Wolfenstein 2.
[url=http://steamsignature.com]

erikaray
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Nov 13, '17, 12:13am

battlefield 1

Tu7are
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Nov 13, '17, 2:17am

Elex - 10h and new South Park - 2h :) Both games are great.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Nov 17, '17, 2:23am

Just waiting for Battlefront 2 to finish downloading. 50+gb download and no disks :(
► Show Spoiler

Mavryk
Management
Management

Nov 20, '17, 12:29am

Battlefront 2

I found the campaign kinda underwhelming. Maybe I've consumed too many Star Wars stories, but it felt like well trodden ground. Also it wasn't as long as I was hoping for either.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “PC Gaming”