JawaJosh
Producer
PSN: pacpunk

Kinda Funny PC Groups

Jul 19, '15, 2:29pm

Kinda Funny PC Groups

Hi and welcome!

The purpose of this thread is to present visibility to community created groupings for PC specific games. Because a lot of games have a channel or group features as well as multiple servers it can be handy to know where your fellow best friends are playing games at.

If you know of, or have created a group/channel/clan/whatever for a specific game that is not already in this list please feel free to post it and myself or one of the other moderators will update this post with the information.
If there is a URL for said group or server information please also include that information.

Steam Groups

Steam Group 1: Link
Steam Group 2: Link
Steam Group 3: Link

Blizzard Game Groups

Diablo 3 (PC/MAC): Click Spoiler for instructions
► Show Spoiler

Heroes of the Storm: Click Spoiler for instructions
► Show Spoiler

Starcraft 2(PC/MAC): Click Spoiler for instructions
► Show Spoiler

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Re: Kinda Funny Steam Group

Jul 19, '15, 11:52pm

There is already one set up here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kindafunnygames
► Show Spoiler

Dan Oney
Producer
XBL: Dan Oney
PSN: Dan_Oney
NNID: Dan_Oney
Steam: Dan_Oney

Kinda Funny Steam Group

Jul 21, '15, 10:50pm

Nice one! I've joined. Maybe get a display picture up on it? :P
Manchester United <3

mheidinger
Pure One
XBL: Heids
PSN: mheidinger

Re: Kinda Funny Steam Group

Nov 24, '15, 10:07am

Joined!
ImageImage

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Steam: Frostilyte

Re: Kinda Funny PC Groups

Jan 09, '16, 8:10am

Updated OP to serve as a generic PC group thread rather than just a steam group thread because I'm fairly certain there are a variety of existing groups/channels/whatHaveYou across other games and it'd be nice to have all of that kind of info in one place...
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jan 09, '16, 5:35pm

Frostilyte wrote:Updated OP to serve as a generic PC group thread rather than just a steam group thread because I'm fairly certain there are a variety of existing groups/channels/whatHaveYou across other games and it'd be nice to have all of that kind of info in one place...

Good idea! Not that I can think of any other community groups atm lol
► Show Spoiler

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Jan 09, '16, 5:44pm

Mavryk wrote:
Frostilyte wrote:Updated OP to serve as a generic PC group thread rather than just a steam group thread because I'm fairly certain there are a variety of existing groups/channels/whatHaveYou across other games and it'd be nice to have all of that kind of info in one place...

I know Josh knows of or has set up some kiinda funny stuff for blizzard games and I'm positive there are others we don't know about.
Seemed like a good way to get more bang for our buck on the sticky thread. :kinda
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

JawaJosh
Producer
PSN: pacpunk

Jan 10, '16, 2:35pm

Frostilyte wrote:
Mavryk wrote:

I know Josh knows of or has set up some kiinda funny stuff for blizzard games and I'm positive there are others we don't know about.
Seemed like a good way to get more bang for our buck on the sticky thread. :kinda

Planning on updating this thread today with the blizzard groups and how to join them :)

Mavryk wrote:There is already one set up here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kindafunnygames

Added this as the first steam group

ReadyEdgemont
Pure One
XBL: ReadyEdgemont
PSN: ReadyEdgemont
Steam: ReadyEdgemont

Mar 11, '16, 12:29pm

Not sure how active the admins in the steam group are, but if you're looking for some help I'd be glad to help moderate the page :D

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Mar 31, '16, 9:10am

One day someone will join me in the kindafunny chat on HotS. One day!

ReadyEdgemont wrote:Not sure how active the admins in the steam group are, but if you're looking for some help I'd be glad to help moderate the page :D

To the best of my knowledge there is almost no activity in either group. I'm a member of both and I don't get notifications from either.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

GonzaloGodoy
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jun 04, '16, 7:51am

Is there a group in overwatch?

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Jun 04, '16, 7:03pm

GonzaloGodoy wrote:Is there a group in overwatch?

Not that I'm aware of.
Was going to direct you here, but it appears you've already been there yourself.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

zerotheclown
Best Friend

Jun 11, '16, 2:20am

I've been addicted to this game, but don't have many people irl to play with. I'd totally be down for getting a group together for regular Overwatch play.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Jul 11, '16, 7:08am

Frostilyte wrote:One day someone will join me in the kindafunny chat on HotS. One day!

ReadyEdgemont wrote:Not sure how active the admins in the steam group are, but if you're looking for some help I'd be glad to help moderate the page :D

To the best of my knowledge there is almost no activity in either group. I'm a member of both and I don't get notifications from either.

MOBANerd

I'm not shocked to hear that since it seems most this community is PS centric(makes sense with C&G's expertise)

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jul 14, '16, 6:36am

Chaz2132005 wrote:I'm not shocked to hear that since it seems most this community is PS centric(makes sense with C&G's expertise)

I think its more that the place needs "leadership" and someone putting the time and effort into building that as an official community rather than just creating and forgetting about it. Though interactions with the KF crew on steam, even if we just see them online, would go along way.
► Show Spoiler

TheHiketeia
Producer
PSN: TheHiketeia
NNID: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

Aug 18, '16, 3:05pm

Is there any interest in an Overwatch PC group? I'd be more than happy to host a Discord server for KF Best Friends who'd wanna play. I play at least an hour or so a night, so I'd be cool with getting it started.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Aug 18, '16, 6:15pm

TheHiketeia wrote:Is there any interest in an Overwatch PC group? I'd be more than happy to host a Discord server for KF Best Friends who'd wanna play. I play at least an hour or so a night, so I'd be cool with getting it started.

There already is a Kinda Funny discord server and there is usually lots of people in there who play and you can join. Its KindaFunnyGames.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

TheHiketeia
Producer
PSN: TheHiketeia
NNID: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

Aug 19, '16, 1:36pm

The_Redback wrote:
TheHiketeia wrote:Is there any interest in an Overwatch PC group? I'd be more than happy to host a Discord server for KF Best Friends who'd wanna play. I play at least an hour or so a night, so I'd be cool with getting it started.

There already is a Kinda Funny discord server and there is usually lots of people in there who play and you can join. Its KindaFunnyGames.

I've been there, but it's hard to organize for specific games in real time (since Discord can't have any nested groups.) I haven't had much luck contacting KFBF on that server to organize a game of OW, even though I know a large part of the community plays OW. I was hoping to put a list/group together similar to what the Heroes of the Storm players did recently.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 19, '16, 4:59pm

TheHiketeia wrote:
The_Redback wrote:

I've been there, but it's hard to organize for specific games in real time (since Discord can't have any nested groups.) I haven't had much luck contacting KFBF on that server to organize a game of OW, even though I know a large part of the community plays OW. I was hoping to put a list/group together similar to what the Heroes of the Storm players did recently.

Ah fair enough.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

ReadyEdgemont
Pure One
XBL: ReadyEdgemont
PSN: ReadyEdgemont
Steam: ReadyEdgemont

Kinda Funny PC Groups

Aug 25, '16, 2:32pm

JawaJosh wrote:Kinda Funny PC Groups

Hi and welcome!

The purpose of this thread is to present visibility to community created groupings for PC specific games. Because a lot of games have a channel or group features as well as multiple servers it can be handy to know where your fellow best friends are playing games at.

If you know of, or have created a group/channel/clan/whatever for a specific game that is not already in this list please feel free to post it and myself or one of the other moderators will update this post with the information.
If there is a URL for said group or server information please also include that information.

Steam Groups

Steam Group 1: Link
Steam Group 2: Link

Blizzard Game Groups

Diablo 3 (PC/MAC): Click Spoiler for instructions
► Show Spoiler

Heroes of the Storm: Click Spoiler for instructions
► Show Spoiler

Starcraft 2(PC/MAC): Click Spoiler for instructions
► Show Spoiler

Could you add this url to the groups?

Kinda Funny Gaming

Since non of the other group's admins responded to me and the pages both look pretty dead, I made one that I will actively moderate and host weekly gaming nights on. If you could help me get the work out to the best friends that would be awesome. Thanks!

Return to “PC Gaming”