The_Redback
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Re: What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Dec 02, '16, 6:25am

Man, I beat the main bosses of Far Cry Primal but cause I didn't go do every questline for every character I don't get the credits roll. So, give me another 2 hours of fucking around and it will be done.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
Twitter: @The_Redback
Twitch: The_Redback

RIK3
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Steam: rike_san

Dec 02, '16, 12:08pm

Just finishing Tina DLC in Borderlands 2 to fully start Wolfenstein Old Blood.
Steam: RIK3
Origin: R1CK3
Uplay: H3NR1CK3R
GOG: RIK3
PSN: Loading...
Live: Loading...

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Dec 03, '16, 3:54am

SWTOR
► Show Spoiler

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Dec 03, '16, 11:51am

Mavryk wrote:SWTOR

Does it still have a big community?
THE END OF AN ERA

Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

Mavryk
Management
Management

Dec 04, '16, 12:18am

Jay wrote:Does it still have a big community?

I'd say so. The server I play on is still very healthy in the Hubs, but I rarely play them to be social.
► Show Spoiler

zerofire2905
Best Friend

Dec 04, '16, 3:59am

I play Dark Soul 2 on my Laptop. Its too hard. Lol
Road to 1MMR player Dota 2 FingerBang
Ultimate Banner Plugin review

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator
Steam: Frostilyte

Dec 05, '16, 6:21am

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void's campaign, Duelyst for a timed event and Divinity: Original Sin.
Frost-Tea-Light
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

jczialcita
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Klax-Volnutt

Dec 06, '16, 8:34pm

Anyone still playing FFXIV? I played a while back but I got stuck in a few dungeon queues that made me lose interest in the game. Are the servers still populated enough to get right back?

themoose5
Pure One
PSN: biG_moose_5
Steam: themoose5

What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Dec 06, '16, 8:51pm

Been bouncing around between Siege, Diablo 3, Rocket League, Rust, and the Division. I can never really settle on something that I want to play.
PSN: biG_moose_5
Steam: themoose5

GO HAWKS!
ImageImage

Mavryk
Management
Management

Dec 07, '16, 2:22am

jczialcita wrote:Anyone still playing FFXIV? I played a while back but I got stuck in a few dungeon queues that made me lose interest in the game. Are the servers still populated enough to get right back?

I have a friend who still plays it, and hasn't mentioned anything about population issues.
► Show Spoiler

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Dec 07, '16, 5:44am

Getting close to obtaining that event chest in Duelyst and I noticed that I actually have an over 50% win rate this season. It's not much over 50%, but it's still over 50%. I don't anticipate this will give me incentive to keep playing beyond completing the event, however, given the somewhat growing collecting of other games I'd like to play. Also, I must admit playing with the alternative generals for each faction has been quite fun. I had only unlocked the majority of them toward the end of my initial stint with the game, so I didn't use them very much, but having a chance to use them now I quite like how they offer different strategies to build decks around compared to the starting general of each faction.
Frost-Tea-Light

Jacius_Ceed
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Jacius Ceed
PSN: Jacius

Dec 07, '16, 5:52am

Mostly playing CSGO Competitive. Though I am considering replaying ME 2&3 since all of the damn Andromeda hype is getting me itchy to hop back into the universe.

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Dec 09, '16, 7:58pm

I have obtained my event chest in Duelyst! I received a few really neat emotes from the crate and over the course of the past week working on the quest I've managed to net a number of new cards. I had quite a bit of fun doing that. :)

Think I'm nearing the end of the campaign in Legacy of the Void...I've only one unit left to unlock. The story is kind of all over the place, but so were the other campaigns. Not even remotely as good as the first game, but the missions and the different objectives have been interesting to play through.

Put the last part in a spoiler...i know the game is a year old, but some people might still consider me speaking of my favourite unit augmentation a spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
Frost-Tea-Light

ROFL
Producer

Dec 10, '16, 12:57am

I just started playing Dark Forces (early 90's Star Wars FPS) from GoG.com. It runs ok, but the lack of key binding is annoying, strafing is next to impossible so I end up bunny hopping into rooms and just hoping I can shoot all the enemies fast enough when I stop, which can take a few seconds since you move a million miles an hour in this game (at least two times faster than DOOM 2016, which really plays nothing like the classic shooters).
The first few missions have been pretty easy though so I have doubts that the lack of strafing will actually get me in trouble.

I also bought Rogue Squadron 3D (PC port from the N64) but it doesn't run on my current system, apparently compatibility with that game varies depending on driver updates.

I've been meaning to play Jedi Knight again for many years now but the Steam version never worked properly, apparently GoG fixed it and reviews say that their version works, so I'll play though that once I'm done Dark Forces.
Jedi Knight (Dark Force 2) is one of my all time favorite games from the 90's. It still has some obscure level design but it's much better than your average shooter from that era and the Force powers are great, and it has full video cutscenes that (if cheesy) do a pretty good job filling in the story. Highly recommended.

TreAnomaly
Pure One
XBL: treanomaly
PSN: treanomaly
Steam: treanomaly

Dec 12, '16, 7:16am

Just finished the main story of Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'll finish getting all the collectables slowly as a break from other games. I want to play Dishonored 2 as Corvo this time. Finished it with Emily before RotTR, which was good. Finished Doom and Titanfall 2 not too long ago also.

ROFL wrote:I just started playing Dark Forces (early 90's Star Wars FPS) from GoG.com. It runs ok, but the lack of key binding is annoying, strafing is next to impossible so I end up bunny hopping into rooms and just hoping I can shoot all the enemies fast enough when I stop, which can take a few seconds since you move a million miles an hour in this game (at least two times faster than DOOM 2016, which really plays nothing like the classic shooters).
The first few missions have been pretty easy though so I have doubts that the lack of strafing will actually get me in trouble.

I also bought Rogue Squadron 3D (PC port from the N64) but it doesn't run on my current system, apparently compatibility with that game varies depending on driver updates.

I've been meaning to play Jedi Knight again for many years now but the Steam version never worked properly, apparently GoG fixed it and reviews say that their version works, so I'll play though that once I'm done Dark Forces.
Jedi Knight (Dark Force 2) is one of my all time favorite games from the 90's. It still has some obscure level design but it's much better than your average shooter from that era and the Force powers are great, and it has full video cutscenes that (if cheesy) do a pretty good job filling in the story. Highly recommended.

The Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight games were great fun. I picked up most of the Star Wars games in a bundle a couple years ago for cheap.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Dec 14, '16, 2:58am

Played a bit of Overwatch and SWTOR again. Both have holiday events on going, and I feel both have lackluster rewards. Won't stop me from trying though.
► Show Spoiler

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Dec 14, '16, 5:26am

Finished StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Pants, so I'm onto Grim Dawn.

Spent a few hours with it so far and I both like and hate the character customization in terms of the skills. There is so many different potential combinations depending on how exactly you want to play the game, but because of that it is incredibly overwhelming to nail down exactly how you'd like to start playing the game. The rest of it is fairly standard ARPG stuff (think Diablo, Torchlight, etc.), and it doesn't hold your hand at all, which is nice for anyone who already has an idea of what they are doing in these sorts of games. I'd hazard this wouldn't be a very good place to start off if you are new to ARPGs though...

D:OS has been put somewhat on hold due to my co-op partner breaking the cord for their headset. The cord can be replaced, but the company is out of stock, so...I'm glad I have other stuff to play.

Mavryk wrote:Played a bit of Overwatch and SWTOR again. Both have holiday events on going, and I feel both have lackluster rewards. Won't stop me from trying though.

I can't name a game that I've played where the seasonal stuff wasn't kinda shit unless it was also tied into a major content&balance patch.
Frost-Tea-Light

Brotherhood93
Management
Management
PSN: M_O_T1919

Dec 14, '16, 2:30pm

Football Manager 2017. KevinCEO

Mavryk
Management
Management

Dec 14, '16, 5:15pm

Frostilyte wrote:I can't name a game that I've played where the seasonal stuff wasn't kinda shit unless it was also tied into a major content&balance patch.

I've played enough games not to expect much, but I guess it's more the items they did have weren't what I really want. For example in Overwatch my mains are Widow, 76, and Sym but none of them got a cool new skin like I was hoping. So i'm just not as invested to play the game to try and get those prizes.
► Show Spoiler

superKILRbuny
Pure One
XBL: superKILRbuny
PSN: KILRbuny
Steam: superKILRbuny

What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Dec 14, '16, 11:55pm

H1Z1: King of the Kill was a pickup for me today... surprised at how much fun I'm having with it. Other than that, Overwatch, Rocket League and modding the crap out of Fallout 4 right now.

Return to “PC Gaming”