TheHiketeia
Producer
PSN: TheHiketeia
NNID: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Dec 28, '16, 9:24am

Mavryk wrote:
TheHiketeia wrote:I'm playing Telltale's Batman right now. Great game, 2 episodes in, but already encountering some very unfortunate bugs like none of the in-game TV/Computer displays actually showing images, etc. It's a testament to the quality of the writing that those things only bugged me a little.

On the PS4 the only graphical issue I remember having was during Ep 4 there was an invisible character, and all you could see of them is their eyes and mouth. And this was in both cutscenes and gameplay. Other than that it crashed a few times, and at the beginning of ep 5 it felt like the frame rate wasn't even hitting 20. But I totally agree, the writing does make up for all the technical issues. The games would be phenomenal if they could just fix those issues.

I'd consider it a genuine GOTY contender if it worked properly. It's a shame since the content and quality is there, but the execution is rubbish.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: Frostilyte

Re: What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Dec 28, '16, 7:57pm

One achievement away from 100% completing Axiom Verge. I inexplicably managed to get 40% items or less, 4 hour or less and complete speedrun mode all in a single go...though I suppose those things are conducive to each other. Only thing left is the ultra difficult "do not die" achievement because i have a tendency to be a fucking idiot in the latter half of the game. I'm sure with some of the same tactics I used for the speedrun + taking the time to clean up a few additional health packs + weapons should make some of the later bosses I have had difficulties with more easily beaten.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Dec 29, '16, 4:19pm

Frostilyte wrote:One achievement away from 100% completing Axiom Verge. I inexplicably managed to get 40% items or less, 4 hour or less and complete speedrun mode all in a single go...

Nice work.

I am about 60% of the way through the main story of Grim Dawn I think.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

Fuhgeddit
Producer
Position/Title: Accountant
XBL: NY MLKE G
PSN: Fuhg3ddaboud1t

Dec 30, '16, 5:20am

mileshiclub wrote:Anyone else playing Astroneer? I'm loving it bout ready to set up shop on to the nearby moon.

I am looking into getting it eventually, not sure when. Someone had told me there is enough content but maybe to wait until further updates. I was thinking about getting SUbnautica.
Steam: Fuhgeddit
Battle.net: Coming...
PSN: Fuhg3dda6oudit

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dec 30, '16, 6:37am

The_Redback wrote:
Frostilyte wrote:One achievement away from 100% completing Axiom Verge. I inexplicably managed to get 40% items or less, 4 hour or less and complete speedrun mode all in a single go...

Nice work.

Thanks. I was genuinely surprised I managed to pull that off, but in hindsight it didn't seem that difficult. Perhaps playing the game through on hard for my first playthrough of the game steeled me for the speed challenge(s)...

The_Redback wrote:I am about 60% of the way through the main story of Grim Dawn I think.

To avoid spoilers: what was the last story milestone you hit? I don't want to ask "are you at x" for risk of ruining stuff. I think the last time I checked Steam you had the achievement for beating the boss that is about halfway through the game though, so you probably aren't far off with your assessment of progress.

I presume you are finding it quite good? :P
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Dec 30, '16, 9:48am

Finally dove into DOOM last night. Didn't get too far since I need to work out the kinks with my PS4 controller, but I enjoyed what I have played. That opening if kick-ass.

Also played an unhealthy amount of Huniepop before going off to bed...

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dec 30, '16, 2:27pm

Frostilyte wrote:
The_Redback wrote:I am about 60% of the way through the main story of Grim Dawn I think.

To avoid spoilers: what was the last story milestone you hit? I don't want to ask "are you at x" for risk of ruining stuff. I think the last time I checked Steam you had the achievement for beating the boss that is about halfway through the game though, so you probably aren't far off with your assessment of progress.

I presume you are finding it quite good? :P

Yeah its quite fun. It is everything that I expected it to be.

nicktorious_BIG wrote:Also played an unhealthy amount of Huniepop before going off to bed...

That is one of the side effects of huniepop.

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dec 31, '16, 5:06am

Yes it is ^

And finished Axiom Verge for the third time - this time with no deaths, yay!
That marks the final game and final 100% of 2016 for me.
Never tried the flamethrower against the final boss in my 100% items+map hard playthrough, so I decided to grab it for the no death playthrough and see how effective it was. I beat the final boss using it in about 70 seconds...It's kinda OP. it is also really good against the sentinel that precedes the final boss.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Fuhgeddit
Producer

Dec 31, '16, 8:23am

Bah, I am so bad at deciding what game to get on my PC. Astroneer, Subnautica, Planet Coaster.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Dec 31, '16, 9:50am

Fuhgeddit wrote:Bah, I am so bad at deciding what game to get on my PC. Astroneer, Subnautica, Planet Coaster.

I would say go with Planet Coaster....but I'm not sure what your preferences are.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dec 31, '16, 8:01pm

Fuhgeddit wrote:Bah, I am so bad at deciding what game to get on my PC. Astroneer, Subnautica, Planet Coaster.

Keep in mind I haven't played it yet but of those 3 I would choose Planet Coaster. Heard nothing but great things.

mileshiclub
Pure One
PSN: mo1444

Jan 01, '17, 10:20pm

Astroneer has some amazing co-op and has a really active community of people trying to make it the best game it can be.

Fuhgeddit
Producer

Jan 01, '17, 10:33pm

nicktorious_BIG wrote:

I would say go with Planet Coaster....but I'm not sure what your preferences are.

The_Redback wrote:

Keep in mind I haven't played it yet but of those 3 I would choose Planet Coaster. Heard nothing but great things.

mileshiclub wrote:

Astroneer has some amazing co-op and has a really active community of people trying to make it the best game it can be.

Yeah, Planet Coaster is something I want but t hat price...I might just have to wait. I might get Astroneer although I hear t here isn't much content yet.

mileshiclub
Pure One

Jan 01, '17, 10:58pm

Fuhgeddit wrote: Yeah, Planet Coaster is something I want but t hat price...I might just have to wait. I might get Astroneer although I hear t here isn't much content yet.

Your right about there being not a lot of content but what they released is enough for the time being. You do have everything you need to get you exploring planets and expanding your base. I was in the process of building a track for a rover that was circling this huge crater on the moon before my save got corrupted. that was after 20 hours in, $1 per hour of game play i'm ultimately happy with with the game regardless of all the bugs and lack of content.

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jan 02, '17, 2:37pm

Played through the entirety of Fort Meow last night. It's a mobile game, but I picked up the steam release. It's not particularly difficult or interesting, but it was a nice little game to sink a few hours into. I had fun playing it.

I've now moved onto Poly Bridge and VA-11 Hall-A (which I'm going to refer to as valhalla from this point forward because that name is annoying as hell to type). I'm enjoying both. Poly Bridge is a game in which you build bridges to solve particular puzzles the game presents to you. It has that kind of quaint relaxing puzzle game vibe going on, which I like. I can't play it for a particularly long period before getting bored of it, but that's not really a bad thing. Planning on doing a selection of puzzles daily until I eventually run out of them. The game has 105 (15 across 7 worlds), so it should keep me busy for a while.

Valhalla is...I guess a visual novel. It has about a visual novel's worth of interactivity for the player to partake in. Like other visual novels it's less about the character who's shoes you inhabit and more about the people you meet along the way, though the lack of my ability to control Jill's (the main character) dialogue has given the story a little better pacing than it'd have if I was given some false level of agency over the story. Enjoying it so far even if it's like reading a glorified book...the score in the game is really good so far too.
Also worth noting it's one of the few times 30fps isn't negatively impacting my playing of a game!
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

mileshiclub
Pure One

Jan 02, '17, 7:08pm

I've been playing through tales of zestiria from steam. Its great with a mouse and7 keyboard, the newest one is coming out at the end month as well. The female protagonist looks pretty badass.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jan 03, '17, 5:53am

Played a bunch of Overwatch the past few days trying to grab those Winter Lootboxes. Mei's snowball challenge was good fun, and I can't wait to see what they do for the next event (Easter I presume?)

Otherwise I've mostly been console gaming lately.
► Show Spoiler

Fuhgeddit
Producer

Jan 03, '17, 6:05am

mileshiclub wrote:
Fuhgeddit wrote: Yeah, Planet Coaster is something I want but t hat price...I might just have to wait. I might get Astroneer although I hear t here isn't much content yet.

Your right about there being not a lot of content but what they released is enough for the time being. You do have everything you need to get you exploring planets and expanding your base. I was in the process of building a track for a rover that was circling this huge crater on the moon before my save got corrupted. that was after 20 hours in, $1 per hour of game play i'm ultimately happy with with the game regardless of all the bugs and lack of content.

Are there a good amount of planets to explore and can I build a base on every planet I visit essentially?

mileshiclub
Pure One

Jan 05, '17, 2:01am

Fuhgeddit wrote:
mileshiclub wrote:

Are there a good amount of planets to explore and can I build a base on every planet I visit essentially?

There are several planets and you can build multiple bases on the same planet, there is even a moon with less gravity.

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jan 07, '17, 9:14am

Hopping between Duelyst, Valhalla, Poly Bridge, and Battlerite. Sounds like a lot, but I can only play any of them for a few hours at max. Not that any of them aren't enjoyable it's just I find them more enjoyable to play in bursts. If that makes sense.

Got quite a big laugh out of Valhalla this morning when this happened:
► Show Spoiler

Odd just noticed steam also grabbed the FPS counter in the shot...usually it filters that out.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Return to “PC Gaming”