themoose5
Pure One
PSN: biG_moose_5
Steam: themoose5

What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Jan 07, '17, 10:57am

nicktorious_BIG wrote:Finally dove into DOOM last night. Didn't get too far since I need to work out the kinks with my PS4 controller, but I enjoyed what I have played. That opening if kick-ass.

Also played an unhealthy amount of Huniepop before going off to bed...

I literally just beat DOOM this morning, it's an amazing game! There isn't anything quite like metal blasting while exploding demon heads off their bodies.

I picked up the Far Harbor DLC during the winter sale so I'm thinking that I'll jump back into Fallout 4

GO HAWKS!
ImageImage

nicktorious_BIG
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Jan 07, '17, 6:24pm

themoose5 wrote:
nicktorious_BIG wrote:Finally dove into DOOM last night. Didn't get too far since I need to work out the kinks with my PS4 controller, but I enjoyed what I have played. That opening if kick-ass.

Also played an unhealthy amount of Huniepop before going off to bed...

I literally just beat DOOM this morning, it's an amazing game! There isn't anything quite like metal blasting while exploding demon heads off their bodies.

Yeah it's one of the first games in a while where the music actually motivates you to do certain actions, like kill demons. The music really drives the experience and it's been great so far.

themoose5
Pure One

Jan 08, '17, 7:19am

nicktorious_BIG wrote:Yeah it's one of the first games in a while where the music actually motivates you to do certain actions, like kill demons. The music really drives the experience and it's been great so far.

I really appreciate the attention they paid to the music and how it fit into the game. Like Mick said in the No Clip doc, the music should be front and center in the game and they definitely nailed that aspect of the game.

I honestly can't say enough about how fun this game was to play. I'm excited to see what ID does next.

GO HAWKS!
ImageImage

The_Redback
Steam: The_Redback

Re: What are you playing on PC at the moment?

Jan 08, '17, 3:04pm

I have been working my way through Grim Dawn with lots of Overwatch in between.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
Twitter: @The_Redback
Twitch: The_Redback

APT Distraction
Best Friend

Jan 09, '17, 11:15am

Football Manager 2017 anyone?

mileshiclub
Pure One
PSN: mo1444

Jan 09, '17, 5:41pm

I'm just getting into elite dangerous, so far I'm enjoying it a lot.

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator
Steam: Frostilyte

Jan 11, '17, 7:48am

Duelyst - Managed to get my first pack of cards for the new expansion. Really hard to save up for them since they cost 3 times as much as the other packs do (and I don't have the full core set or the full 1st expansion), but you are guaranteed no duplicates and any card you get you get 3 copies of. So it's a bit of a trade off...I have to wait longer to open packs and get new cards to play around with, but when I get the new cards I have the max number of copies of them and I'm going to get a whole new set of cards when I eventually open another pack from the expansion.

One thing I have noticed now that it's been a little over a month since the expansion came out - some of the cards are very...overpowered...or at least they seem that way. Lots of the cards can be very power in a number of situations, so not having the cards (until now) has proven to make some opponents quite challenging. I'm still winning about half my games and most of my losses are close games, so it isn't like the challenge has been completely insurmountable, but I wonder if there will be balance updates to address these things, or if overtime the older cards will become complete obsolete as a result of being too weak by comparison.
Frost-Tea-Light
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

Littleraven89
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Savagechild89

Jan 11, '17, 9:18am

Playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm. Jumped back into Diablo 3 for the season and anniversary event but probably won't stick with that for long. I also decided to mess around with SWTOR again and am enjoying just playing through the story.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jan 13, '17, 11:20pm

Littleraven89 wrote:Playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm. Jumped back into Diablo 3 for the season and anniversary event but probably won't stick with that for long. I also decided to mess around with SWTOR again and am enjoying just playing through the story.

SWTOR's story is getting better and better, unfortunately the MMO side of things is degrading at the same time.
► Show Spoiler

The_Redback

Jan 14, '17, 11:41pm

Just finished 100% achievements for Hitman GO!

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Jan 15, '17, 5:31am

Most recently I played Game Dev Tycoon, which is a great deal of fun. It's one of those games that's really simple in practice, but your imagination makes it so much more than it actually is - you kinda start envisioning all of those games your studio makes, imagining what they're like in terms of gameplay and visuals, and why they were so successful or unsuccessful as they turned out to be.

The_Redback

Jan 15, '17, 1:11pm

JJGee wrote:Most recently I played Game Dev Tycoon, which is a great deal of fun. It's one of those games that's really simple in practice, but your imagination makes it so much more than it actually is - you kinda start envisioning all of those games your studio makes, imagining what they're like in terms of gameplay and visuals, and why they were so successful or unsuccessful as they turned out to be.

I have played a ridiculous amount of that game (45 hours according to Steam) and its a surprisingly deep game. It has its flaws but overall its pretty great.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jan 16, '17, 8:53pm

The_Redback wrote:I have played a ridiculous amount of that game (45 hours according to Steam) and its a surprisingly deep game. It has its flaws but overall its pretty great.

LOL when you said a ridiculous amount of time, I presumed 300+ hours... Not 45.
► Show Spoiler

Littleraven89
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Savagechild89

Jan 17, '17, 9:28am

Mavryk wrote:
Littleraven89 wrote:Playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm. Jumped back into Diablo 3 for the season and anniversary event but probably won't stick with that for long. I also decided to mess around with SWTOR again and am enjoying just playing through the story.

SWTOR's story is getting better and better, unfortunately the MMO side of things is degrading at the same time.

I feel so behind on it lol. I only really played it for the first month it was out. Loved the start of the original story. Then I didn't want to keep paying for it so I dropped it and went back to WoW. When it went f2p I jumped in again to mess around and there is so much awesome stuff there but I need to really just sit down with it and power through.

The_Redback

Jan 17, '17, 12:53pm

I finished up Far Cry Primal last night. I think I might look at playing one of the other many games in my back log. Perhaps Batman Arhkam Knight.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jan 18, '17, 12:06pm

WoW
THE END OF AN ERA

Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jan 18, '17, 7:37pm

Valhalla. On my second playthrough to clean up the endings I didn't get the first time. I rather enjoyed the game though. It's weird...the ending wasn't what I was expecting given the type of game it is, but it was oddly satisfying...
► Show Spoiler
Frost-Tea-Light
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

The_Redback

Jan 19, '17, 1:00pm

Boot up the ol' Fallout 4 to finish the DLC stories and polish off the last achievement. I really still do love fallout 4.

TheHiketeia
Producer
PSN: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

Jan 19, '17, 1:12pm

Just picked up the Table Top Simulator humble bundle deal. Definitely worth the $10 if you're into board games. The scans for games like Lords of Waterdeep and even X-Wing are really quality.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

ImageImage

krafa
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 21, '17, 6:01am

Hello,

Now I am playing NFS Underground online version with my US friend "Gustavo Woltmann" a pro gamer. I am nothing to him but he loves to play with me.
Whats your favorite game friends? SEGA is always in top in my choice list. What about yours?

Have a nice day. :)