Weidleface
Producer
PSN: Weidleface
NNID: Weidleface
Steam: Weidleface

Anyone interested in Heroes of the Storm Team League?

Jun 22, '16, 6:03am

I know a few fellow Best Friends play Heroes of the Storm, and recently I've been having the itch to get into Team League. I'm getting tired of Hero League, especially because at my MMR people tend to get very frustrated very easily and either intentionally feed or DC altogether which obviously doesn't really help our chances of winning (and thus help me escape this MMR hell). I'm interested in seeing what I can do with a coordinated team and wanted to see if any of y'all would be interested in coming along for the ride.

I consistently floated around mid to high 30s during preseason in HL, and got placed into Silver 5 at the beginning of season one. Not great, I know, but I'm convinced I could be much better with a team that's on the same page (preferable with voice chat as well). I can play a pretty good variety of roles, but my strongest characters tend to be Brightwing, ETC, Falstad, Zagara, and Abathur.

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator
Steam: Frostilyte

Re: Anyone interested in Heroes of the Storm Team League?

Jun 22, '16, 7:10am

I want to say "I'm in", but I am so god damn terrible at this game and the prospect of playing ranked terrifies me.
Frost-Tea-Light
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

Weidleface
Producer

Jun 22, '16, 8:09am

Frostilyte wrote:I want to say "I'm in", but I am so god damn terrible at this game and the prospect of playing ranked terrifies me.

Honestly it isn't too bad, especially when you're actually organized as a team. Half the frustration in HL is people going off and doing whatever because of lack of communication. You'd be surprised what communication does at lower levels of play.

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jun 22, '16, 8:24am

Weidleface wrote:Honestly it isn't too bad, especially when you're actually organized as a team. Half the frustration in HL is people going off and doing whatever because of lack of communication. You'd be surprised what communication does at lower levels of play.

Ha. You are saying that to someone who went 0-6 last night in QM playing with 4 friends over voip. Not that anyone had anything useful to say the entire time and every match 2/4 of us were hard countered by the enemy team. = _=
Sad day when Johanna has more hero damage than the team's only burst assassin.

Edit: after reading that I doubt you still have any interest, but my strongest tend to be Zagara, Johanna, and Valla.
Frost-Tea-Light

Weidleface
Producer

Jun 22, '16, 8:29am

Frostilyte wrote:
Weidleface wrote:Honestly it isn't too bad, especially when you're actually organized as a team. Half the frustration in HL is people going off and doing whatever because of lack of communication. You'd be surprised what communication does at lower levels of play.

Ha. You are saying that to someone who went 0-6 last night in QM playing with 4 friends over voip. Not that anyone had anything useful to say the entire time and every match 2/4 of us were hard countered by the enemy team. = _=
Sad day when Johanna has more hero damage than the team's only burst assassin.

Edit: after reading that I doubt you still have any interest, but my strongest tend to be Zagara, Johanna, and Valla.

If we can get a team together and actually work out a time, I'm totally still in. I'm a competitive person but like I mentioned earlier, I'm far from a high rank in game. Honestly I'd much rather have a good time with some best friends while at least knocking out my placement matches for this season. :kinda

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jun 22, '16, 8:36am

Weidleface wrote:If we can get a team together and actually work out a time, I'm totally still in. I'm a competitive person but like I mentioned earlier, I'm far from a high rank in game. Honestly I'd much rather have a good time with some best friends while at least knocking out my placement matches for this season. :kinda

I'm a bit of a salt mine in competitive stuff personally. If it at least feels like I'm making some progress or getting better at a game I don't tend to mind constantly losing so much, but Blizzard games are terrible at communicating that kind of information to players and I have a difficult time determining if I'm actually improving at HotS.

If we can get a full team together I suppose I'd be up for at least trying it, but if I'm too much of an asshole I'll either cut my mic or dismiss myself from the group. No sense bringing everyone else down. GregTongue

If all else fails I have a few friends outside the community who were somewhat looking into doing this. Would you be opposed to doing something with them if we can't get a full group together here?

Elewood wrote:.

I summon Elewood to the field.
Frost-Tea-Light

Weidleface
Producer

Jun 22, '16, 1:32pm

Frostilyte wrote:
Weidleface wrote:If we can get a team together and actually work out a time, I'm totally still in. I'm a competitive person but like I mentioned earlier, I'm far from a high rank in game. Honestly I'd much rather have a good time with some best friends while at least knocking out my placement matches for this season. :kinda

I'm a bit of a salt mine in competitive stuff personally. If it at least feels like I'm making some progress or getting better at a game I don't tend to mind constantly losing so much, but Blizzard games are terrible at communicating that kind of information to players and I have a difficult time determining if I'm actually improving at HotS.

If we can get a full team together I suppose I'd be up for at least trying it, but if I'm too much of an asshole I'll either cut my mic or dismiss myself from the group. No sense bringing everyone else down. GregTongue

If all else fails I have a few friends outside the community who were somewhat looking into doing this. Would you be opposed to doing something with them if we can't get a full group together here?

If you've got other people that are interested in this as well, I'd love to be able to jump in with them. It's super difficult finding a team through the in-game chat channels, let alone one that you mesh with well.

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jun 23, '16, 9:39am

Weidleface wrote:If you've got other people that are interested in this as well, I'd love to be able to jump in with them. It's super difficult finding a team through the in-game chat channels, let alone one that you mesh with well.

They are definitely interested. We've a team of steady 4 with you included. We have some drop in and out people who can fill the 5th, but a steady 5th slot would be nice.

The one (Elewood who I quoted before) can play just about anything reasonably well, but I believe he does best in the damage carry roles (he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's a slick assassin).
The other gent is fairly good at running warriors in both full tank and damage builds.

I believe you already have me on bNet. What do you typically use for voip? Recently we've become big fans of discord.
Frost-Tea-Light

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jul 06, '16, 12:01pm

Weidleface wrote:notification

Hey Weidleface, when are you typically online? I see you some days, but haven't been able to work out if there is a pattern to when you are typically online.

I've got 2 other guys, so we just need 1 more for a full team...
Frost-Tea-Light

Weidleface
Producer

Jul 07, '16, 4:46am

Frostilyte wrote:
Weidleface wrote:notification

Hey Weidleface, when are you typically online? I see you some days, but haven't been able to work out if there is a pattern to when you are typically online.

I've got 2 other guys, so we just need 1 more for a full team...

I don't have a regular schedule per se, being that my work hours can vary from time to time. Generally I'm on in the evening/later at night on weekdays and more scattered times during the weekends depending on what I have going on. I'd say between 8p-12a EST would be my ideal time, but I can probably arrange something else if need be.

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jul 07, '16, 5:22am

Weidleface wrote:I don't have a regular schedule per se, being that my work hours can vary from time to time. Generally I'm on in the evening/later at night on weekdays and more scattered times during the weekends depending on what I have going on. I'd say between 8p-12a EST would be my ideal time, but I can probably arrange something else if need be.

That should work. I'm usually around 4:30-10:30pm.
Frost-Tea-Light

Weidleface
Producer

Jul 11, '16, 2:59am

Frostilyte wrote:
Weidleface wrote:I don't have a regular schedule per se, being that my work hours can vary from time to time. Generally I'm on in the evening/later at night on weekdays and more scattered times during the weekends depending on what I have going on. I'd say between 8p-12a EST would be my ideal time, but I can probably arrange something else if need be.

That should work. I'm usually around 4:30-10:30pm.

Sounds good, do you want to try to get something going sometime this week? I may have to work out a few kinks with my mic first though.

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jul 11, '16, 5:34am

Weidleface wrote:Sounds good, do you want to try to get something going sometime this week? I may have to work out a few kinks with my mic first though.

Sure though I still don't think we have enough for team league. One of the guys on my end who said he'd be up for it is prepping for the new Monster Hunter game that releases this Friday at which point he will disappear from this plain of existence for a month.

Either way, I'm PMing you with a link to the discord server we (my friends and I) use.
Frost-Tea-Light

TheHiketeia
Unsung Hero
PSN: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

Jul 19, '16, 3:32pm

I have a totally rubbish rank (#healerprobs), so I don't know how helpful I would be in TL.

However, if any HotS Best Friends want to do any QM together, feel free to add me on BNet @ TheHiketeia#1135.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

ImageImage

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jul 20, '16, 6:14am

TheHiketeia wrote:I have a totally rubbish rank (#healerprobs), so I don't know how helpful I would be in TL.

However, if any HotS Best Friends want to do any QM together, feel free to add me on BNet @ TheHiketeia#1135.

What do you main?
Frost-Tea-Light

TheHiketeia
Unsung Hero

Jul 20, '16, 12:02pm

Frostilyte wrote:
TheHiketeia wrote:I have a totally rubbish rank (#healerprobs), so I don't know how helpful I would be in TL.

What do you main?

Mostly support - Reghar, Lt. Morales and Li Li. I do also run Johanna quite a bit.

ImageImage

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jul 20, '16, 12:06pm

TheHiketeia wrote:Mostly support - Reghar, Lt. Morales and Li Li. I do also run Johanna quite a bit.

Nice. We might actually have a full team now. If only we were online at the same time. FailFish
Frost-Tea-Light

TheHiketeia
Unsung Hero

Jul 20, '16, 12:26pm

Frostilyte wrote:
TheHiketeia wrote:Mostly support - Reghar, Lt. Morales and Li Li. I do also run Johanna quite a bit.

Nice. We might actually have a full team now. If only we were online at the same time. FailFish

It's alright - feel free to add though if you ever just wanna knock out some dailies in QM together or whatnot.

ImageImage

Frostilyte
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator

Jul 20, '16, 12:38pm

TheHiketeia wrote:It's alright - feel free to add though if you ever just wanna knock out some dailies in QM together or whatnot.

Will do.
Frost-Tea-Light

Weidleface
Producer

Jul 20, '16, 12:48pm

TheHiketeia wrote:
Frostilyte wrote:

It's alright - feel free to add though if you ever just wanna knock out some dailies in QM together or whatnot.

Feel free to add me as well- Weidleface#1238. I got all excited about organizing this team league thing, and now life's gotten hold of me. My PC gaming time might be limited over the next few weeks, but rest assured I still really want to do this, regardless of everyone's rank!