Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Anyone interested in Heroes of the Storm Team League?

Jul 20, '16, 12:52pm

is HotS one of the easier Mobas to understand?

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: Frostilyte

Re: Anyone interested in Heroes of the Storm Team League?

Jul 20, '16, 12:55pm

Well I've still never played a ranked match so...I have no rank.

Chaz wrote:is HotS one of the easier Mobas to understand?

Maybe? I use to be of the opinion that it was, but then I started learning more about the games mechanics. Still learning and I've got almost 1000 matches under my belt (though that's small by moba terms).
Frost-Tea-Light
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 20, '16, 12:55pm

Frostilyte wrote:Well I've still never played a ranked match so...I have no rank.

Maybe? I use to be of the opinion that it was, but then I started learning more about the games mechanics. Still learning and I've got almost 1000 matches under my belt (though that's small by moba terms).

how much is it?

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jul 20, '16, 12:57pm

Chaz wrote:how much is it?

Free to play.

I've still spent 0$ on it. I would feel bad, but Blizzard hasn't offered any paid skins I want enough to drop 10$ on them.
I think it's a 5-10GB download. If you download it I can do a few bot matches with you and explain the basic mechanics.
Frost-Tea-Light

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 20, '16, 12:59pm

Frostilyte wrote:
Chaz wrote:how much is it?

Free to play.

I've still spent 0$ on it. I would feel bad, but Blizzard hasn't offered any paid skins I want enough to drop 10$ on them.
I think it's a 5-10GB download. If you download it I can do a few bot matches with you and explain the basic mechanics.

ok when my power comes back on friday I'll download it. What times are you available?

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jul 20, '16, 1:04pm

Chaz wrote:ok when my power comes back on friday I'll download it. What times are you available?

I'm usually off work by 4 (so now) and am around anytime after that until I need to sleep.
I'll PM you a link to the discord server I'm usually actively in (for HotS among other things). That's usually the best way to poke me as I have steam and battlenet messages muted while I'm in game.

Edit: this Friday I will not be around until later. Have a haircut scheduled after work. Need to trim the mop on my head. XD
Frost-Tea-Light

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 20, '16, 1:05pm

Frostilyte wrote:
Chaz wrote:ok when my power comes back on friday I'll download it. What times are you available?

I'm usually off work by 4 (so now) and am around anytime after that until I need to sleep.
I'll PM you a link to the discord server I'm usually actively in (for HotS among other things). That's usually the best way to poke me as I have steam and battlenet messages muted while I'm in game.

whats discord haha( im a very bad millennial haha)

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jul 20, '16, 1:08pm

Chaz wrote:whats discord haha( im a very bad millennial haha)

The latest voip application that all the kids be using. It's got a little less overhead than skype and some features skype doesn't have (such as drop in and out calling). You can use the windows, or mobile app as well as just load it within a web browser.
There is also a KFGames server that is used every month for the community game's night as well as general chatting among best friends.
Frost-Tea-Light

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 20, '16, 1:12pm

Frostilyte wrote:
Chaz wrote:whats discord haha( im a very bad millennial haha)

The latest voip application that all the kids be using. It's got a little less overhead than skype and some features skype doesn't have (such as drop in and out calling). You can use the windows, or mobile app as well as just load it within a web browser.
There is also a KFGames server that is used every month for the community game's night as well as general chatting among best friends.

ok thanks for explaining to this old man haha

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Anyone interested in Heroes of the Storm Team League?

Jul 21, '16, 3:24pm

I personally think it is. I see it as more of a moba-lite but thats why I like it. I play it when I want to play a moba that isn't so full on and has quick matches.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
Twitter: @The_Redback

Manetti
Pure One
PSN: inside_thedream

Aug 17, '16, 12:12am

Yeah sign me up for any Heroes of the Storm stuff.

Weidleface
Producer
PSN: Weidleface
NNID: Weidleface
Steam: Weidleface

Nov 10, '16, 9:31am

So I'm gonna revive this idea now that I have a PC once again. It's also worth noting that starting on 11/15, playing a certain amount of games with friends will net you some cool rewards in both HotS and Overwatch if you play either.

If anyone is interested in jumping into HotS for the first time, I'm also gonna go ahead and plug my refer-a-friend link. Sign up with it, and we both get some cool rewards. https://battle.net/recruit/FTMRGHWJV5

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nov 23, '16, 7:24am

Just as an update as I was originally interested in doing this - I've not touched the game since April-May earlier this year and don't have a strong desire (or any desire for that matter) to return to it. =__=

Sorry, Weidleface. :\
Frost-Tea-Light

Weidleface
Producer
PSN: Weidleface
NNID: Weidleface
Steam: Weidleface

Nov 28, '16, 11:26am

Frostilyte wrote:Just as an update as I was originally interested in doing this - I've not touched the game since April-May earlier this year and don't have a strong desire (or any desire for that matter) to return to it. =__=

Sorry, Weidleface. :\

It's cool, there's a pretty niche community for the game right now so I wasn't really expecting people to be busting doors down.

I'm still down to team up for HL or QM if anyone else wants to play one day. :kinda

zombiedano
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Marketing Assist. for Skylight
PSN: MarsselNassar
NNID: Mushgo

Looking for players still?

Jan 03, '17, 3:33pm

^

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Apr 12, '17, 6:12am

Well I'm back to playing HotS. Still crap terrible, but this time I'm at least trying to break into Ranked.
Frost-Tea-Light

Littleraven89
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Savagechild89

Apr 24, '17, 3:11pm

I play at least 1 game a day (or try to anyway). Been terrified to try ranked even though I am pretty competent at the game. That said I have games where I murder and others were I get stomped.

My problem is I tend to play a hero and then stick with it for so long that by the time I am "done" with them I suck with everyone else but them again lol

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Apr 25, '17, 5:33am

Littleraven89 wrote:I play at least 1 game a day (or try to anyway). Been terrified to try ranked even though I am pretty competent at the game. That said I have games where I murder and others were I get stomped.

My problem is I tend to play a hero and then stick with it for so long that by the time I am "done" with them I suck with everyone else but them again lol

I had the same problem. Started playing ranked...it's so much better from the few matches I have done. It is so much easier to play specific heroes well when you actually have a team that works with and supports said hero as opposed to the fucking trash teams that QM will come up with. I thought for the longest time that I couldn't play any of the mage characters for shit. Turns out when you have a front line that constantly lines up kills playing a mage character is a lot easier. Same goes for playing a front line tank when you have a support, or playing a support when you aren't expected to keep 4 squishballs alive while they constantly dive in.

Definitely recommend playing some ranked. Worst case scenario you end up losing almost all of your placement games and you are put in bronze (similar to what will likely happen to me) where the majority of the people are interested in having fun instead of being try-hards.
Frost-Tea-Light

Littleraven89
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Savagechild89

Apr 25, '17, 2:38pm

Frostilyte wrote:I had the same problem. Started playing ranked...it's so much better from the few matches I have done. It is so much easier to play specific heroes well when you actually have a team that works with and supports said hero as opposed to the fucking trash teams that QM will come up with. I thought for the longest time that I couldn't play any of the mage characters for shit. Turns out when you have a front line that constantly lines up kills playing a mage character is a lot easier. Same goes for playing a front line tank when you have a support, or playing a support when you aren't expected to keep 4 squishballs alive while they constantly dive in.

Definitely recommend playing some ranked. Worst case scenario you end up losing almost all of your placement games and you are put in bronze (similar to what will likely happen to me) where the majority of the people are interested in having fun instead of being try-hards.

Yeah I may have to just jump in. I feel comfortable enough with each hero type I just don't feel like the try hards raging at me. I don't really care at the end of the day but it's just not worth the energy lol.

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Apr 26, '17, 5:16am

Littleraven89 wrote:Yeah I may have to just jump in. I feel comfortable enough with each hero type I just don't feel like the try hards raging at me. I don't really care at the end of the day but it's just not worth the energy lol.

Only speaking (typing?) from limited experience, but I run into more tryhards in QM than I do in ranked (again...playing in the lower brackets which is likely why). I had one match where someone got a little frustrated, but it was at a guy who spent the entire match trolling and cursing at our entire team (I was also frustrated with the twat, so that might be why I remember it as not being that bad).

I say give it a go. Worst case scenario you find it intolerable and you resume playing QM.
Frost-Tea-Light

Return to “PC Gaming”