Page 1 of 1

World of Warcraft

Posted: Sep 18, '16, 11:42am
by Jay
How is everyone enjoying Legion?

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Nov 28, '16, 3:40am
by nabeyu
Just came back from long break from WoW. Seems ok, but Wow is still not holding my attention like it used to.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Nov 28, '16, 4:55am
by Jay
nabeyu wrote:Just came back from long break from WoW. Seems ok, but Wow is still not holding my attention like it used to.

Well, it is a old game.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Nov 28, '16, 1:50pm
by The_Redback
I played it for a little while and then go over it. I am sure in 6 months time I will pay for another month just to do stuff till I get bored 2 weeks later.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Nov 30, '16, 5:42am
by Jay
The_Redback wrote:I played it for a little while and then go over it. I am sure in 6 months time I will pay for another month just to do stuff till I get bored 2 weeks later.

There is nothing wrong with that. A 12 year old game doesn't need a ongoing subscription. Pay for what you play.

People bitch about how sometimes WoW will go a long time without content but nobody asks them to have an ongoing subscription 24/7. It takes time to make content.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Nov 30, '16, 8:40am
by Frostilyte
Jay wrote:There is nothing wrong with that. A 12 year old game doesn't need a ongoing subscription. Pay for what you play.

People bitch about how sometimes WoW will go a long time without content but nobody asks them to have an ongoing subscription 24/7. It takes time to make content.

Good point and applicable to most MMO games, not just WoW. Though I'd hazard the ones who complain the loudest are the ones who play it quite frequently throughout the year (or it is the only thing that they play throughout the year).

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Nov 30, '16, 1:42pm
by The_Redback
Jay wrote:
The_Redback wrote:I played it for a little while and then go over it. I am sure in 6 months time I will pay for another month just to do stuff till I get bored 2 weeks later.

There is nothing wrong with that. A 12 year old game doesn't need a ongoing subscription. Pay for what you play.

People bitch about how sometimes WoW will go a long time without content but nobody asks them to have an ongoing subscription 24/7. It takes time to make content.


Yeah, I got my fill of full time sub when I was playing non-stop from launch till cata.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Dec 25, '16, 7:54am
by nickcarter
How I still havent hit 110 yet and seeing literally everyone I know on GD that plays already grinding Heroics/Mythics

tryhards I tell ya
on the serious side Demon Hunter is really fun, being a paladin player for 4-5 years then swapping to a class with real mobility is amazing.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Dec 27, '16, 6:55am
by Jay
nickcarter wrote:How I still havent hit 110 yet and seeing literally everyone I know on GD that plays already grinding Heroics/Mythics

I mean, it has been out for a very long time.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Jan 11, '17, 9:26am
by Littleraven89
I am enjoying it quite a bit. Played heavily at launch and have fizzled off as time has passed but I still at least pop on daily to either do some world quests or maybe do a dungeon or some PvP before logging out.

I don't like it as much as I liked MoP at the same time in its life but I think that has more to do with where I am in life now compared to 4 years ago.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Feb 06, '17, 7:14pm
by Jay
I just bought all of the StarCraft II stuff with WoW gold. lol.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Feb 10, '17, 6:10am
by JJGee
Are Murlocs playable yet? I'll get back to WoW once Murlocs are playable.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Mar 14, '17, 5:28pm
by Mikomono
Still no murlocs. My game time ran out 2 weeks ago, honestly legion was really fun at the start, and then everyone realized just how big of a grind this new expansion was, AP farming, legendaries, in addition to gear. It gets stale quick if you arent willing to run M+ constantly. It also incredibly alt unfriendly, which kinda sucks cuz this is the first time I've ever had an interest in alts.

World of Warcraft

Posted: Mar 24, '17, 4:37pm
by Lord_Duncho
Hi all, I've been off of WoW for years, haven't been gaming much and want to get back into WoW. Is Warlords of Draenor a standalone game or is it an expansion pack where I need to have the basic Wow platform installed first? thx -Lord_D

World of Warcraft

Posted: Mar 28, '17, 6:19am
by JJGee
Lord_Duncho wrote:Hi all, I've been off of WoW for years, haven't been gaming much and want to get back into WoW. Is Warlords of Draenor a standalone game or is it an expansion pack where I need to have the basic Wow platform installed first? thx -Lord_D


It's an expansion pack, just like all the other ones so far. But I think you can get all the "old" expansions as well as the core game for a total of something like 20 bucks, and the latest expansion for a bit more. Could be wrong though.

World of Warcraft

Posted: Mar 28, '17, 2:10pm
by The_Redback
JJGee wrote:
Lord_Duncho wrote:Hi all, I've been off of WoW for years, haven't been gaming much and want to get back into WoW. Is Warlords of Draenor a standalone game or is it an expansion pack where I need to have the basic Wow platform installed first? thx -Lord_D


It's an expansion pack, just like all the other ones so far. But I think you can get all the "old" expansions as well as the core game for a total of something like 20 bucks, and the latest expansion for a bit more. Could be wrong though.


Yup. Its $25 Australian Dollars for the whole game (expect for the most recent expansion) from the online store here so I imagine it would be a similar price everywhere else.

Re: World of Warcraft

Posted: Mar 28, '17, 3:47pm
by Jay
Patch 7.2 today!