Noah Om
Unsung Hero
PSN: OmNomKnight

Re: Dreams | What weird stuff happened to you?

Aug 23, '17, 9:01pm

I love sharing this story and I still remember it very clearly after like 5 years. My favorite dream/nightmare/situation that freaked me out goes like this:

To preface, I have very vivid dreams, so sometimes I find myself in places that mirror reality to a T. One night in high school I decided to get to bed reasonably early, maybe at like 9 PM. I often wake up in the middle of the night, and so of course I woke up around 3 AM like I do. I remember my door being open, my desk light was on, and there was light from the living room shining into my room. At that moment, a figure walked past my room. (My Dad at the time would often be awake well past 4 AM). I thought about getting up and talking to my Dad for a little before going back to bed, but I decided I needed the sleep and just let myself go back to bed.

A bit later on, after a bit of rough sleep, I woke up and looked at the clock and it was only 11 PM. My desk light was off. There was no light coming from the living room. Everyone else was asleep.

Just to reiterate. I honestly thought I had just woken up and possibly forgotten to turn off my desk light. I was so creeped out by what I had just dreamt. I still wonder what I might've came across had I decided to get out of my bed and go into the living room... kfmeh

(Hey, maybe I'm just the lamest time traveler ever)

Lord_Duncho
Producer
PSN: Lord_Duncho

Aug 24, '17, 6:17pm

I too sometimes have dreams about waking up from sleep, then doing whatever, and then I wake up from the dream thinking "wait, didn't I wake up already"? weird.

Last night I dreamed that I woke up from sleeping and realized I suddenly had the power of telekinesis, I woke up my wife to show her my new powers and started doing a bunch of cool Xman telekinetic shit with objects in the bedroom. Then, when I actually woke from my dream, I was bummed to find that I didn't have telekinetic powers and that my wife was still there.
"...fuck it dude, let's go bowling."

AgentPaxieAmor
Best Friend
XBL: AgentPaxieAmor
PSN: AgentPaxieAmor

Dreams | What weird stuff happened to you?

Aug 24, '17, 6:47pm

I actually rage quit a dream I had recently. I'm not kidding.

Backstory: My aunt flew in from New York to visit me (I live in Wisconsin), and we stopped to get gas. For some reason, the pump only gave her $10 worth of gas. I didn't think anything of it because sometimes gas stations limit how much you can get, thought $10 is on the low side... but my aunt was obsessed with it. She manically checked her bank account, and was freaking out when the money didn't come out. The next morning, she was still going on about it. Now, I understand why she was worried, of course; it looked like she'd gotten gas that someone else had paid for, but there was literally nothing she could do about it. Even if she'd gotten back to the gas station we'd stopped at, the chance that the same person that was there last night would be there in the morning, and even then? What did she expect them to do? Anything that I could think of would have been impossible, especially since there had been a festival in town that weekend, and the gas station was right at the festival location. There really wouldn't be any way to... I don't know, track down whomever she accidentally got $10 of gas from? Regardless, she was pressing me to get back to that gas station before she left. She had a very set schedule, she wanted to be heading to Chicago by 10am, but she still wanted to drive back to the gas station, which was a good half an hour away from where I lived, try to get everything straightened out, then go to breakfast at Tex Tubbs Taco Palace. The Tex Tubbs part was here trying to sweet talk me into going back to the gas station, because I freaking LOVE Tex Tubbs. However, she had this plan at 8am; there was no freaking way it was going to work, and I put my foot down. We didn't go to Tex Tubbs (it didn't open until 10am anyway), and she was on the road when she wanted to be.

Now, the actual dream: I'm at my desk at work, when I get a text message from my Aunt. Her message said Hi, I replied with the same, and was about to say more when she sent another message: "So, remember that gas station?"

I kid you not, I woke up right then and there, yelling "NO, NO!" Scared the crap out of my cat, and I was very confused until I realized that I'd been having a dream. So... yeah. I rage quit that dream.
"Because I'm weird, leave me alone." - Xavier Woods (the only reason anyone needs for anything 'weird' they do)

Kinda Funny Stitch 'n Bitch: No Matter Your Stitch, Come Here and Bitch

Lord_Duncho
Producer
PSN: Lord_Duncho

Sep 01, '17, 11:41am

now that's a funny story right there haha
"...fuck it dude, let's go bowling."

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Oct 11, '17, 8:49am

Last nights dreams were weird as fuck.

First dream was about me trying to get a game from a store, probably Walmart. It was at night and I could tell they were getting ready to close very soon. In the beginning I also had another person with me, a girl. Not sure exactly who it was, but it may have been a girl who works where I do. (The girl I've talked about in the relationship thread) Not sure why she was there, but eventually she just wasn't. And I believe the game I was looking for was The Evil Within 2, but for some reason it ended up turning into me trying to get Mr Robot season 3. Which doesn't make any sense because that's not a game, nor would that be out on disc yet. Anyways, I go into the store and find someone to help me. I find a woman who works there and beg her to sell the game to me despite the store closing very soon. I remember her finally agreeing to help, and walking off to get the game for me. After standing there for a few minutes I end up finding her in a different aisle helping another group of people. And when I walked up to her she hands me a Mr Robot book. I don't remember much of what happens after that, but nothing about that dream made sense.

The second dream was even weirder. It's present day, but I'm standing in the old driveway of my grandmothers house. (A location that pops up frequently even though it's located in a completely different state, and my grandmother hasn't lived there in like 6 years) My car is also parked in the driveway. At some point someone walks up to me, and I'm 99% sure it's supposed to be Jared Letos character from the new Blade Runner. (Strange since I haven't watched that movie yet). He's acting really sketchy and I don't trust him. Nothing ever happens with him, but eventually the dream cuts to me standing in a garage where a new person has appeared.( A woman that I also know is going to try and hurt me eventually, and she has some sort of powers like super strength and the ability to become very large. I'm not sure if she was supposed to be someone I knew of, but for some reason I keep thinking she was the villain from the new Mummy movie.) Shortly after another woman appears to help along side her. My dad also appears in this moment and we start looking around the garage for weapons. I come across something metal and heavy, sort of like all metal nunchucks. I try to swing them into the back of the second woman's head, but it doesn't affect her. Most of her skin is hard and isn't affected by much. Cut to the first woman standing outside of the garage, where she grows in size and everything around her turns into chaos. I run into the house attached to the garage, where I find some sort of machete/sword thing. The second woman tries to attack me and this is where things get really graphic. I shove the sword through her neck, followed by a series of really brutal attacks. Stabbing, chopping, etc. Eventually she dies. Then the first woman returns to normal size and I see her coming into the house. I run into the kitchen where the rest of my family is at and yell at them to hide. They mostly listen. Now the woman is right on me and I begin attacking her with the sword, but it's not quite as effective. Eventually I manage to get her on the ground and chop through part of her head. I'm not sure if that ends up killing her, because my memory of everything after is mostly gone.

Weird as fuck I know. After I woke up I was surprised by how graphic it was when I killed those two people. I can't really think of any other dream where things were that fucked up.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Oct 12, '17, 2:16am

The thing that amazed me about dreams is that your brain cannot dream up a person. It is always someone that you've physically seen (even if it's on a screen).

It 'creates a character' using your memories. Think about it, have you ever dreamt of someone that you've never seen before?

GreatScott
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Oct 12, '17, 2:45am

vitzpatel wrote:The thing that amazed me about dreams is that your brain cannot dream up a person. It is always someone that you've physically seen (even if it's on a screen).

It 'creates a character' using your memories. Think about it, have you ever dreamt of someone that you've never seen before?

GreatScott

Yes I'm sure I've dreamt of someone I didn't recognize. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just didn't recognize the person in the dream.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Oct 12, '17, 2:48am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
vitzpatel wrote:The thing that amazed me about dreams is that your brain cannot dream up a person. It is always someone that you've physically seen (even if it's on a screen).

GreatScott

Yes I'm sure I've dreamt of someone I didn't recognize. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just didn't recognize the person in the dream.

That's fair enough saying you didn't recognise them. Good call
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Oct 22, '17, 3:22am

Last night I had a dream where I could vividly hear a song in my head that I knew I liked but had forgotten about, so I used Shazam to identify it for future reference (like I do when I am awake). Pity I didn't remember what the song was when I woke up :( It's just a bizarre small detail to a larger dream that I had forgotten, but I still remember that.
► Show Spoiler

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Nov 14, '17, 10:43am

Last night I had the best "I'm like super man" dream. Essentially I could fly like superman, and it was awesome. Usually those kinds of dreams don't last long, and my ability to fly is never good. But this one was different. I was able to do it pretty well most of the dream. At one point I was flying low to the ground right above a road, chasing a vehicle. It actually felt like I was going really fast, and it was fun as fuck.

I need more dreams like that.

Return to “General Discussion”