gort25
Pure One
Steam: Roach

Kinda Funny Community Movie of the Week 5: Zodiac

Sep 08, '17, 12:19pm

Image As we draw nearer to Halloween, in the same way that a department store does, we got a little spookier this week.

gooseysoucy
Shadow Boxer
XBL: gooseysoucy

Sep 11, '17, 3:54pm

I've often used Zodiac as a reference whenever I speak about how good digital video can look when done right and that both it and film can co-exist. Visuals aside I remember great performances and being taken a bit by the grand scale of the story, spanning not just years but decades. I can't speak for the details of the investigation as it's a subject that I'm not educated enough on but the atmosphere is top notch stuff.

GregB
Baller

Sep 12, '17, 5:16pm

Yeah this movie is great. Ruffalo, Gyllenhaal, and RDJ are at the top of their dramatic game in this thing. This is probably my favourite Fincher film too, even moreso than Seven and Fight Club.

When I rewatched it last night it was my first viewing of it since Gary Whitta was on GOG talking about Ruffalo being perfect as Columbo in a reboot, and that is so very apparent in this movie. It's all I could think about in every scene his character was in.

BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Re: Kinda Funny Community Movie of the Week 5: Zodiac

Sep 12, '17, 5:30pm

Am I the only one who really disliked this, on a first watch? Maybe I need to give it another go...

gort25
Pure One
Steam: Roach

Re: Kinda Funny Community Movie of the Week 5: Zodiac

Sep 13, '17, 9:16am

BetoJR wrote:Am I the only one who really disliked this, on a first watch? Maybe I need to give it another go...

Nah, I can see how someone might not like the movie. It's pretty slow and relies a lot on context clues in scenes to make sense of what's happening. It might be something that just doesn't interest you too. I think that it's a cool film because of how much of it is digital effects and how they researched the real case so much. But you don't have to like it. SeemsGood

Return to “Movies”