BuffArms
Baller

Morbius the Living Vampire in production at Sony

Nov 13, '17, 6:27pm

In what clearly seems like the worst comic book movie idea of all time:

'Spider-Man' Spinoff: Morbius the Living Vampire Movie in the Works With 'Power Rangers' Writers

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... rs-1056702

I have three questions:

1. Who greenlights a spinoff around Morbius, the weird vampire of the Marvel Universe? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

2. Who hires the Power Rangers writers to try and make such a silly side character into a hit movie? Their Movie Just Flopped.

3. Clearly they are not introducing him in a Spider Man movie, so how is he a Spin Off?
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

GregB
Baller

Nov 13, '17, 8:29pm

This whole Spider-Man universe sans Spider-Man is the dumbest fucking thing and reeks of desperation.

I will be shocked if the Venom movie isn't a huge flop, and this Morbius movie is even dumber than that idea.

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Nov 16, '17, 11:17am

BuffArms wrote:In what clearly seems like the worst comic book movie idea of all time

I mean, Sony did want to make that Aunt May spy thriller, so I wouldn't go that far...

But yeah, this is really stupid. Morbius isn't a particularly compelling villain. Hell, he isn't even a real vampire for crying out loud! Is he going to be the hero in his movie? So dumb. Venom can be alright if done correctly and Silver & Black might be a fun spy/heist movie, but I have very little faith in the studio that brought us the mess that was Amazing Spider-Man 2.

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Re: Morbius the Living Vampire in production at Sony

Nov 16, '17, 12:14pm

This would have made sense about 8 years ago when Twilight was the "in thing" -- no?
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Me
Producer
XBL: MrADay
PSN: ADay000
NNID: MrADay
Steam: ADayOOO

Re: Morbius the Living Vampire in production at Sony

Nov 16, '17, 12:19pm

If they're planning on doing Marvel vampires at least try to bring back Blade... I guess if Sony is going to ruin a character with a spinoff movie, it might as well be Morbius.

MannySJ wrote:
But yeah, this is really stupid. Morbius isn't a particularly compelling villain. Hell, he isn't even a real vampire for crying out loud! Is he going to be the hero in his movie? So dumb. Venom can be alright if done correctly and Silver & Black might be a fun spy/heist movie, but I have very little faith in the studio that brought us the mess that was Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Yeah, I don't really know what they plan on doing. Morbius has helped out heroes in the past, but as far as I know he literally cannot live without feeding on human blood, other than the brief period when he was cured of his condition (which kind of defeats the purpose of the character if they go that route). My guess is that they'll completely warp and re-write the character into some kind of anti-hero that needs to kill. Ugh...

The_Almighty_Foofy
Baller
XBL: A 2Piece Combo
PSN: PhantomPain20xx
NNID: SW-5606-2665-3891
Steam: atomic_pingas

Nov 16, '17, 12:27pm

GregB wrote:This whole Spider-Man universe sans Spider-Man is the dumbest fucking thing and reeks of desperation.

I will be shocked if the Venom movie isn't a huge flop, and this Morbius movie is even dumber than that idea.

At least Venom has a bit of a fanbase and you could eke out some kind of solo movie from it. Who the hell is asking for Morbius? If I'm gonna get a vampire movie from Marvel, it better be Blade.
"It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right."

"Ore wa Gundam da"

Return to “Movies”