User avatar
BuffArms
Baller
Posts: 1748
Joined: Jan 28, '16, 12:30pm

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 07, '17, 10:17am

So I want this to happen for 2 reasons.

1. This could become a reality again.
https://youtu.be/FgcPhuIELbg

2. This could become a reality in the MCU.

Image


Those 2 things outweigh any other concerns I have.
Image
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

User avatar
Jay
Tim's Disney Princess
Posts: 5975
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 07, '17, 3:21pm

It's kinda sad that Civil War already happened. Mr. Fantastic vs Spider Man could have been insane. Hulk vs Thing too.

User avatar
HavokX
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 721
Joined: Jun 07, '15, 8:19pm
PSN: Havok83

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 07, '17, 5:19pm

Jay wrote:It's kinda sad that Civil War already happened. Mr. Fantastic vs Spider Man could have been insane. Hulk vs Thing too.

CW isnt needed for those matchups to happen, especially the latter

Jay wrote:Anything that gets the Star Wars fanfare back.

Also, I dunno if Marvel would merge X-Men in to the Avengersverse or if they would create a X-Menverse. Imagine how insane that would be to have 2 big universes going at the same time. If so, I'd like the X-Menverse to be Rated R while the Avengersverse is for the family.

The one thing I worry about is what happens to all of the good stuff that fox is doing. I remember when Disney bought Star Wars they killed Clone Wars so would a show like Legion be killed? What would happen to Deadpool?

Marvel could always reboot the X-men into their own universe to establish them and then after a film or 2, use Secret Wars to merge everything

Legion isnt a Fox project; its a joint Marvel/Fox project. This deal isnt going to kill it
Image

ThePomars
Pure One
Posts: 55
Joined: Dec 02, '16, 10:57am
Location: Las Vegas
XBL: iiKiDxIronMan
NNID: OmarChaos

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 07, '17, 7:54pm

I'm okay with this. I understand that if Marvel had the right 2 years ago, we probably wouldn't of gotten Deadpool & Logan. With that being said, we do have them.




Now, lets sit back and think of how awesome Avengers 4 will be if this deal happens.

Seriously though, I would love to see how Marvel adds the X-Men into Phase 4.. what I assume will be the aftermath of Infinity War and Avengers 4 & not a reboot. A reboot would be easier but unless they legit kill everyone, I don't see a reboot happening.

User avatar
BetoJR
Baller
Posts: 1084
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 08, '17, 3:55am

nicktorious_BLT wrote:If that's not an option, then yeah, I think it's game over for Gotham.


To this, I say: GOOD RIDDANCE.

portilloSup

Nah, I'm actually sorry for the people who like this thing, but the series just lost me when the second season ended... It just... Gah, I can't even finish this sentence.
Image

User avatar
BuffArms
Baller
Posts: 1748
Joined: Jan 28, '16, 12:30pm

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 08, '17, 8:43am

BetoJR wrote:
nicktorious_BLT wrote:If that's not an option, then yeah, I think it's game over for Gotham.


To this, I say: GOOD RIDDANCE.

portilloSup

Nah, I'm actually sorry for the people who like this thing, but the series just lost me when the second season ended... It just... Gah, I can't even finish this sentence.


But one day Batman will show up... BibleThump BATMAN FeelsBadMan

Its like those people who waited 10 seasons to see Superman on Smallville. Just put them out of their misery now! portilloBane
Image
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

User avatar
BetoJR
Baller
Posts: 1084
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 08, '17, 9:23am

BuffArms wrote:Its like those people who waited 10 seasons to see Superman on Smallville. Just put them out of their misery now! portilloBane

I was actually one of those people... SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace
Image

User avatar
MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2593
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 5:38pm
Location: Northern California
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson
Contact: Website Twitter Twitch

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 08, '17, 11:38am

BetoJR wrote:
BuffArms wrote:Its like those people who waited 10 seasons to see Superman on Smallville. Just put them out of their misery now! portilloBane

I was actually one of those people... SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace WutFace

Who needed Superman when we had The Blur?! ThisIsFine
Image

User avatar
Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 2856
Joined: Jan 14, '16, 3:25pm
Location: HEAVEN, Rengkok
PSN: XDaimyo
Contact: Website

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Nov 08, '17, 1:14pm

Image

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."
.

User avatar
II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 2202
Joined: Nov 06, '15, 8:31am
Location: New York
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II
Contact: Twitter YouTube

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 06, '17, 3:31am

The more I see about this actually happening, the less I want it to. It's not that I don't want to see Disney, a company that makes movies I enjoy a lot, acquire the rights to properties that have mostly unimpressed me. I just don't want to see any sort of crossover stuff. I like my Marvel movies the way they are. I don't want to see the xmen pop up randomly now. I want all of that separate.

Plus I do think it's a bad idea to have all of these huge franchises under one roof.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.
Image

User avatar
BetoJR
Baller
Posts: 1084
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 06, '17, 7:07am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:Plus I do think it's a bad idea to have all of these huge franchises under one roof.


That's the crux of the matter. It's bad for monopolies to exist outside of fiction, me thinks.
Image

User avatar
Me
Producer
Posts: 257
Joined: Jan 14, '16, 9:43pm
Location: Detroit, MI
XBL: MrADay
PSN: ADay000
NNID: MrADay
Steam: ADayOOO

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 06, '17, 9:02am

BetoJR wrote:
That's the crux of the matter. It's bad for monopolies to exist outside of fiction, me thinks.


Well I mean they are Marvel's properties. They just made the mistake of signing away movie rights back in the day (or at least made a mistake not negotiating a better/more temporary contract).

As for the rest of Fox's media properties? Yeah, I would prefer that Disney didn't extend their reach THAT far.

User avatar
BetoJR
Baller
Posts: 1084
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 06, '17, 4:07pm

Me wrote:As for the rest of Fox's media properties? Yeah, I would prefer that Disney didn't extend their reach THAT far.

Yeah, they’d get their hands on their stuff, sure, but on a bunch of OTHER things as well. And that could, potentially, not be a good thing, eh? I dunno. Too much dystopia reading as a kid, I guess.
Image

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3449
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 06, '17, 4:48pm

Remember in all the movies that show shit going bad when one company owns everything...yeah this is part of that. Amazon getting too big...google is getting too big...disney is getting too big.

Just sell the Marvel stuff to Disney and make a deal with someone else for the other movies but if Disney owns Fox and one day gets DC (don't say they wont....we didn't think they would own star wars and marvel now..or even go after fox)
Then what Universal is left? Great

User avatar
MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2593
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 5:38pm
Location: Northern California
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson
Contact: Website Twitter Twitch

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 06, '17, 5:20pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:[...]Then what Universal is left? Great

Fun fact: Comcast is also trying to buy Fox and they own Universal.
Image

User avatar
Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 2856
Joined: Jan 14, '16, 3:25pm
Location: HEAVEN, Rengkok
PSN: XDaimyo
Contact: Website

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 06, '17, 6:20pm

MannySJ wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:[...]Then what Universal is left? Great

Fun fact: Comcast is also trying to buy Fox and they own Universal.


Comcast already owns Universal. They bought it in 2011.
Image

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."
.

User avatar
Me
Producer
Posts: 257
Joined: Jan 14, '16, 9:43pm
Location: Detroit, MI
XBL: MrADay
PSN: ADay000
NNID: MrADay
Steam: ADayOOO

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 07, '17, 5:37am

BetoJR wrote:Yeah, they’d get their hands on their stuff, sure, but on a bunch of OTHER things as well. And that could, potentially, not be a good thing, eh? I dunno. Too much dystopia reading as a kid, I guess.

Oh yeah, for sure. Fox has soooo many film contracts and business deals with major franchises at the moment.

For example:

- They have Blue Sky Studios (their animation team). They do the Ice Age and Rio movies, as well as a few other projects like the recent Peanuts movie.

- 20th Century Fox Animation Studios. An in-house team behind movies like Anastasia and The Prince of Egypt.

- Die Hard

- Planet of the Apes movies

- Simpsons

- Aliens

- Basically all of James Cameron's other movies

And on top of this list, we will probably find a much slimmer year in terms of superhero movies. Marvel won't fill in the missing volume of Fox superhero movies. They might slightly bump up production, but not by much. This might be good in the eyes of some lol.

To take things even further, Disney wants to start its own streaming service to compete with Netflix and Hulu, right? Disney owns 30% of Hulu and Fox owns 30%. They will become the majority share holders if they acquire Fox.

So I completely agree. Disney is taking on a company almost as big as itself in terms of controlled franchises. Fox is BIG!

User avatar
SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1328
Joined: Aug 23, '16, 10:42am
PSN: SonofMar
Contact: Twitch

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 07, '17, 7:45am

Eh I am not a fan honestly. I was actually getting on board with the direction Fox and Co. were going with their newer iterations of superhero movies ala Deadpool, Logan, and New Mutants looks cool. If they get bought by Disney, man my fear that all of X-Men properties and Fantastic 4 stuff will become too samey to Marvel's current brood.

Plus, seems like Disney is becoming a monopoly in a way. But whatever, Merica.
Image

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3449
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 07, '17, 10:31am

Me wrote:
BetoJR wrote:Yeah, they’d get their hands on their stuff, sure, but on a bunch of OTHER things as well. And that could, potentially, not be a good thing, eh? I dunno. Too much dystopia reading as a kid, I guess.

Oh yeah, for sure. Fox has soooo many film contracts and business deals with major franchises at the moment.

For example:

- They have Blue Sky Studios (their animation team). They do the Ice Age and Rio movies, as well as a few other projects like the recent Peanuts movie.

- 20th Century Fox Animation Studios. An in-house team behind movies like Anastasia and The Prince of Egypt.

- Die Hard

- Planet of the Apes movies

- Simpsons

- Aliens

- Basically all of James Cameron's other movies

And on top of this list, we will probably find a much slimmer year in terms of superhero movies. Marvel won't fill in the missing volume of Fox superhero movies. They might slightly bump up production, but not by much. This might be good in the eyes of some lol.

To take things even further, Disney wants to start its own streaming service to compete with Netflix and Hulu, right? Disney owns 30% of Hulu and Fox owns 30%. They will become the majority share holders if they acquire Fox.

So I completely agree. Disney is taking on a company almost as big as itself in terms of controlled franchises. Fox is BIG!

Whats funny is if Fox wanted to see Blue Sky and The Fantatasic 4 to Disney Id be like fine good fit



But my fucking god...please dont touch Planet of the Apes. Those movies are way too good to have Disney make them like Star Wars safe anf fun movies

User avatar
BuffArms
Baller
Posts: 1748
Joined: Jan 28, '16, 12:30pm

Re: 21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

Dec 07, '17, 10:35am

SonofMar wrote:Eh I am not a fan honestly. I was actually getting on board with the direction Fox and Co. were going with their newer iterations of superhero movies ala Deadpool, Logan, and New Mutants looks cool. If they get bought by Disney, man my fear that all of X-Men properties and Fantastic 4 stuff will become too samey to Marvel's current brood.

Plus, seems like Disney is becoming a monopoly in a way. But whatever, Merica.


Just because Disney is the only movie studio that can make movies that constantly get people to show up in the theater does not make them a monopoly.

There was a time when people could make good movies that did not involve Star Wars or Marvel Super Heroes. Some studio is going to figure that out again.

And you can always watch WB's latest DC CGI trainwreck SeemsGood
Image
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

Return to “Movies”