User avatar
Tardis1982
Baller
Posts: 1281
Joined: May 18, '15, 9:17am

Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Dec 23, '16, 6:57am

This sucks evert time I want to buy a new e-book or audio book I can't do it in app. I have to either go to the actual Amazon or BN website. Why is this?
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

User avatar
BuffArms
Baller
Posts: 1385
Joined: Jan 28, '16, 12:30pm

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Dec 23, '16, 11:35am

What device are you using them on? The Android versions both have the store built in.

Does it not show up in the hamburger menu?
Image
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3114
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Dec 23, '16, 12:06pm

yeah on iphone its werid you can't buy things there...but its just an extra step to open the store on your browser

User avatar
Tardis1982
Baller
Posts: 1281
Joined: May 18, '15, 9:17am

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Dec 23, '16, 1:39pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:yeah on iphone its werid you can't buy things there...but its just an extra step to open the store on your browser


Yea it's not that bad I'm actually more curious than anything else.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1195
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Dec 24, '16, 4:05am

Yeah that annoys me too. I open the website on my phone's browser to buy stuff.

Do you have any suggestions on good audiobooks? I have a token and no clue what to spend it on
Image

User avatar
Tardis1982
Baller
Posts: 1281
Joined: May 18, '15, 9:17am

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Dec 28, '16, 11:02am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Yeah that annoys me too. I open the website on my phone's browser to buy stuff.

Do you have any suggestions on good audiobooks? I have a token and no clue what to spend it on


Not really I've been most;y listening to Star Wars books.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1195
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Dec 30, '16, 9:38am

Tardis1982 wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:Yeah that annoys me too. I open the website on my phone's browser to buy stuff.

Do you have any suggestions on good audiobooks? I have a token and no clue what to spend it on


Not really I've been most;y listening to Star Wars books.


I ended up using my token in Carrie Fischer's book. About 8h before she passed away.. very sad
Image

User avatar
SolidSilence24
Pure One
Posts: 32
Joined: Sep 19, '15, 7:38pm
Location: U.S.
PSN: SolidSilence24

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Feb 02, '17, 10:46am

Tardis1982 wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:yeah on iphone its werid you can't buy things there...but its just an extra step to open the store on your browser


Yea it's not that bad I'm actually more curious than anything else.


It's a way for the company to avoid paying a chunk of their revenue to apple. portilloTeddie

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1195
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Audible/e-reader apps lack of in app purchasing?

Feb 02, '17, 11:56pm

SolidSilence24 wrote:It's a way for the company to avoid paying a chunk of their revenue to apple. portilloTeddie


Is it? That would explain why Bandcamp also doesn't allow in-app purchases
Image

Return to “Media”