Dadas94
Best Friend
PSN: Dadas94

Re: Comics you're reading at the moment

Mar 24, '17, 9:40am

All the DC Rebirth stuff, I haven't read any of this wednesday stuff yet though, only the Superman Reborn part 4, couldn't wait to read that one :D

Flash/Batman crossover is going to be sweeet.

ashtrim
Pure One
XBL: ashtrim
PSN: ashtrim
NNID: narshes
Steam: Ashtrim

Mar 25, '17, 9:44pm

prototypetom wrote:
ashtrim wrote:Batman
Saga
Paper Girls
Black Road
Detective Comics
All Star Batman
The Walking Dead
Outcast
Kill Or Be Killed
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Reborn
Archie
Descender
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Whats Descender like? I like the look of it, but worried it could be another rehashed sci-fi pinocchio

I think Kotaku actually described this book perfectly. http://kotaku.com/descender-is-a-comic-you-should-read-if-you-like-mass-e-1707492837
The art is gorgeous and the writing is so freaking good I basically only pick this up in trades through Comixology. They are up to Vol 3, but Vol 4 comes out this summer.

imincomics
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Comics you're reading at the moment

Apr 12, '17, 6:18am

prototypetom wrote:As I'm still broke as fook - so i've started rereading Akira. SOOOOOOO goooooooood, holds up so well. The plan was for it to last me a while, but I'm halfway through Vol5 already. It's got some glaring problems, but it's still one of the best reads ever IMO.

imincomics wrote:Hi, you can also check out our Lightstep Chronicles - Retro Futurist Space Opera Comic Book.
We have just launched our first ever Kickstarter campaign today: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/im ... dium=forum

Please share your thoughts. Any feedback is appreciated. :)

I liked the video a lot (the pin-ups cracked me up, great detail), although it was perhaps a little long. I was ready to leave without checking out the details of the comic by the end. comic looks good though, if i had any money atm I might have dipped in.

Thanks a lot! :)

And, it is official: Lightstep Chronicles has been fully funded on Kickstarter! :D

We wish to thank each and every one of you for backing, supporting, telling your friends about us, lighting a candle for our cause every night, or any other creative way in which you helped get Lightstep Chronicles past the finish line! We are humbled by the attention our comic book received and can’t wait to send it out into the world. :)

If you want to know more about our Lightstep universe, follow us on our:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lightstepchronicles
Twitter: https://twitter.com/colony_66
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfOE_E ... qhZdgKv3xg

Provisionals
Pure One
XBL: Provisionals

Apr 29, '17, 4:25pm

I have finally caught up on more than two months of DC Rebirth that I hadn't had a chance to read. Some issues of were quite dull (Wonder Woman in particular) but The Button, Sins of the Father and the Batman stories have been worth a read. I am looking forward to getting some time to finally give Paper Girls a shot and I have some classic DC stories archived that I want to go back to as well
kfsmile
"The thing about perfection is that it's unknowable. It's impossible, but it's also right in front of us all the time."

prototypetom
Shadow Boxer
PSN: prototypetom

May 15, '17, 6:52pm

Recently scratched up enough pennies to buy East Of West Yr2, which is by far most anticipated hardcover since i started reading again. A couple of chapters in and it's holding up to my ridiculous anticipation and expectation so far. I re-read Yr1 in the run up to the release too, so i'm all in.

Got Scalped book3 too for pudding. Hope to pick up the second Saga HC asap too, and then back into retirement until my income improves! Hell, it'll be about 2 years before East of West Yr3 comes out i guess.
Image Image

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

May 23, '17, 3:01pm

Really loving Rebirth. Intrigued by Doomsday Clock quite a bit, and I really enjoy the potential the current Batman comics could develop into post-Thomas Wayne meeting. Plus, the Batman and Swamp Thing duo stand alone was awesome. Makes me hungry for another Swamp Thing line of comics.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

May 23, '17, 11:33pm

I borrowed a few Fables books from a friend. They're alright.

I also bought Adventure Time: Ice King but haven't started that yet. As usual, I'm reading my Star Trek Graphic Novel Collection volumes <3

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Jun 29, '17, 12:22pm

Batman vs Elmer Fudd - surprisingly good
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Aug 19, '17, 10:47am

Teppu - it's pretty good manga so far. It's about a female MMA fighter.
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Aug 19, '17, 7:00pm

I have been reading

Descenders
Ultimate Spider-Man
Saga
Y The Last Man

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Aug 20, '17, 4:17am

God damnit, Motor Girl is just too damn good!!!

kflove

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Aug 22, '17, 3:44am

After far too long, my copy of Smallville Season 11 Volume 8 Chaos finally arrived.

Have forgotten what the overall plot is so will go back a few issues to get back up to speed.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Aug 22, '17, 5:50am

Catching up with Giant Days, Fables and Monstress

I wish a new volume of The Beauty and Glitterbomb came out already. The waiting..

Rumik
Pure One
Position/Title: UI Designer at Criterion Games
XBL: Rumik
Steam: Rumik

Aug 22, '17, 6:08am

Oof, got so many ready to read - I have a massive digital collection. But right now I'm really into Invincible (late to the party, I'm on vol 7), Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, all the Star Wars series, and I'm really liking the new Superman run, with his son. Tho still only on like issue 3.
UK game developer, father of two girls, late bloomer portilloSeducer
Credits include Star Wars: Battlefront II, X-Wing VR Mission, Need For Speed, DRIVECLUB & the MotorStorm series
God DAMN I love those Funko Pop vinyl figures

JRV
Baller

Aug 26, '17, 3:50pm

Not a comic reader, but as far as manga go, read chapters 1 though 4 of My Hero Academia Spin-off Vigilantes, which was pretty decent, and read super chapter 27 which was decent enough.

BuffArms
Baller

Aug 26, '17, 10:16pm

The Unworthy Thor TPB. I love it, and now I am in a rage at the state of Marvel. Completely asinine that they create this great setup for Thor and then just shelve him as a side character and give his book to Jane Foster, who for the dumbest of possible reasons takes his name, even though shes probably screamed it while they were F#%#%ing over and over and over again. Who takes their lovers name?

Thor losing his powers is nothing new. Its been done quite well before, and they setup Thor without his powers very well here, and there should be a point where he redeems himself, gets it back. Like when he fought the awesome Beta Ray Bill, I loved that story, and I love that Bill shows up in The Unworthy Thor. It brought me back to the better days of comics.

Yet now its over, and if I want to read Thor I have to see him as a sometimes recurring guest star in the book with HIS NAME ON IT. Where is he intentionally weak willed and pathetic. Or as a Nazi sympathizer in the crossover event, which has the worst artwork of him (he lost an arm, and had one made of uru, but in the drawings here he has a fleshy hand...).

Why isn't The Unworthy Thor a recurring series, why is he sidelined... I know the answer, and its disgusting.

Fuck Marvel.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Aug 27, '17, 3:45pm

Still blowing my load on DC comics and loving their Rebirth lineup. Metal has been sick as well.

Marvel has had some good ones for me too lately, but Secret Wars is not my cup of tea personally. Agree with Buff on Unworthy Thor, his story is so interesting and great right now, but they pushed him to the side so to push Jane. Marvel has been odd with their comics these last few years.

Civezy
Pure One
PSN: Civezy
Steam: assassinfury

Oct 05, '17, 9:38pm

I fell off the Saga train for a bit, but I am back on!

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Oct 10, '17, 3:35pm

Just re-read the whole Strangers in Paradise saga, by the one and only Terry Moore.
One of my favorite things in life, for sure. Can’t wait for it to come back, in 2018.

I’ve always loved this Neil Gaiman quote, about it: “What most people don't know about love, sex, and relations with other human beings would fill a book. Strangers in Paradise is that book. I have long suspected that what people did in private was much funnier than it ever was erotic. Terry Moore obviously thinks so too. Strangers in Paradise is a delightful new comic, and Terry Moore is a fun writer and a fine cartoonist”.

BuffArms
Baller

Oct 10, '17, 6:25pm

Punisher: The Platoon.

Garth Ennis writing Frank Castle on MAX. Nothing better.

*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

Return to “Media”