BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Re: What are you reading right now?

Oct 29, '17, 8:30am

channelocho wrote:I picked up Blood, Sweat and Pixels after they kept joking about Jason Schreier writing a book about the Visceral debacle. It should arrive tomorrow from Amazon.

There are some very interesting stories, in it. Very nice read, IMHO.

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Oct 29, '17, 7:14pm

I am through the chapter on Stardew Valley and find the book fascinating. I just felt the anxiety the guy making that game felt, it makes me appreciate how good the game is and the hours I have put into it. I look forward to reading the rest

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Oct 30, '17, 3:45am

Just finished The Handmaid's Tale after getting it for my birthday. Really enjoyed it. The circumstances are skin-crawling at times, because it's quite well written.

Top stuff

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

What are you reading right now?

Nov 26, '17, 4:21pm

Just began reading The Vanity Fair Diaries (1983-1992) by Tina Brown. It's essentially a collection of journal entries from the editor of Vanity Fair over the course of the 80s. I haven't gotten too far into yet but it seems like it's going to be a fun read.

JP8G
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Nov 27, '17, 12:35am

The Werewolf of Fever SwampImage

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Nov 27, '17, 5:08am

Just finished: Dan Brown - Origin

Good overall story, the ending is a bit of a let down, not a bombastic ending, but I would say a slight "let down" to the buildup of the "reveal" in the story line.

Its brain candy.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

The_Almighty_Foofy
Baller
XBL: A 2Piece Combo
PSN: PhantomPain20xx
NNID: SW-5606-2665-3891
Steam: atomic_pingas

Nov 27, '17, 6:54am

Reincarnation Blues by Michael Poore

Tells the story of a man named Milo who reincarnates into a new life after he dies. Every life he starts is drastically different from the last. Sometimes he comes back as a human, sometimes he comes back as an animal, sometimes he comes back as a tree. He's done this close to 10000 times and every time he dies, before he enters a new life, he stays in a sort of purgatory where he has developed a romantic and physical relationship with Death (who she asks to be called Suzie). Book is about Milo's love for Suzie and how their relationship is kind of at odds.

Surprisingly, not a real romantic book. It has its moments but its about as romantic as say a Neil Gaiman book. Which is actually a good way to describe this. This feels very Neil Gaiman-esque so if you enjoyed stuff like American Gods, Neverwhere, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and things like that, you'll get some enjoyment out of it.
"It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right."

"Ore wa Gundam da"

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Nov 27, '17, 10:15am

Started Artemis today.

So far it's pretty good. Interesting concept and good humor.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Felix Artifex
Pure One
XBL: PheelyksArtifex
PSN: PheelyksArtifex
NNID: Pheelyks

Dec 03, '17, 6:00am

I'm slowly making my way through The War of Art. I only read a couple of pages when I'm eating at home.

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Dec 04, '17, 7:46am

I'm listening to Artemis. Damn, Rosario Dawson can do voices, I'm legit impressed.

Return to “Media”