Tardis1982
Baller

Does anyone else hate Spiderman?

May 01, '16, 6:02am

I think he is the absolute worst!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since I saw him in the Cap Civil War trailer I have been debating even seeing the film. I also have never enjoyed a Spiderman comic!
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

May 01, '16, 10:21am

portilloDismissed you shut your dirty mouth.

the 90s animated series is the bomb and so is the first 2 sam raimi films.. GregPAX

we got a problem bro? portilloSeducer

really though to each his own. I like spiderman myself.
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

Tardis1982
Baller

May 01, '16, 10:33am

The films were ok the animated series is crap compared to Xmen as a character he is whinny and obnoxious!!!

I hate him!
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

May 01, '16, 10:34am

He's actually one of my favorite superheroes, so there's that. I just like his sense of humor and his light-hearted nature.

Godspeed
Seducer

May 01, '16, 2:25pm

Deathtone wrote:portilloDismissed you shut your dirty mouth.

the 90s animated series is the bomb and so is the first 2 same raimi films.. GregPAX

we got a problem bro? portilloSeducer

really though to each his own. I like spiderman myself.

Spider-man 2, my favorite superhero movie of all time.
"Aye, I'm not surprised motherfuckers" - Nate Diaz

► Show Spoiler

Anoyster

Re: Does anyone else hate Spiderman?

May 01, '16, 2:31pm

Last edited by Anoyster on Sep 10, '17, 5:14am, edited 1 time in total.

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

May 01, '16, 3:45pm

Godspeed wrote:Spider-man 2, my favorite superhero movie of all time.

It's my second favorite. The Dark Knight is the only one that tops it.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

GregB
Baller

May 01, '16, 3:46pm

Tardis1982 wrote:The films were ok the animated series is crap compared to Xmen as a character he is whinny and obnoxious!!!

I hate him!

The Symbiote/Venom/Carnage stuff in the animated series was on par with the best of the X-Men series. Some of my fondest childhood cartoon memories.

Spider-Man also probably has the best rogues gallery outside of Batman and X-Men.

prototypetom
Shadow Boxer
PSN: prototypetom

May 01, '16, 5:24pm

love spider-man!
Image Image

Booster Gold
Pure One
XBL: Red Tornado93
PSN: GonzoTheGreat93

Jun 26, '16, 10:28pm

I used to love Spider-Man, both amazing and ultimate. I have to say though, I'm not a big fan of the books marvel has been publishing as of late. After Superior Spider-Man I quit reading the main line, and ever since Secret War I've stopped reading ultimate, and the rest of Marvel all together. I'm not sure there is much that could bring me back to the web slinger.

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Jun 27, '16, 6:21am

Booster Gold wrote:I used to love Spider-Man, both amazing and ultimate. I have to say though, I'm not a big fan of the books marvel has been publishing as of late. After Superior Spider-Man I quit reading the main line, and ever since Secret War I've stopped reading ultimate, and the rest of Marvel all together. I'm not sure there is much that could bring me back to the web slinger.

I love Spider-Man, but the comics in the last 10-15 years or so have been just awful. I think they really fucked themselves over when they put out so much Spider-Man at once back in the day, so they essentially bled the character dry. Now his stories are either some of the worst regurgitation ever in comics, or something forced and/or corny. They have some very small exceptions, such as the Superior Spider-Man arc, and even that was only good for a while, until it had lost the novelty of Doc Ock being a "better" Spidey and Parker than the real Parker.

I still love Spidey as a character, as well as his classic storylines. I still get super excited for new movies and games, where they generally take the existing stories and villains and make something fun out of them, and sometimes that even turns out ok. But the comics are at a definite dead end, and I'm personally much more interested in many of the alternate reality variations, because those do new things with old ideas in a way that the original Spider-Man no longer can.

Shuklar
Producer

Jun 27, '16, 9:55am

Spider-Man is my favorite super hero, so I can't say I hate him lol. Mind you, I'm by no stretch of the imagination a comic book aficionado, so it's not like my personal interest in him is to argue his weight against others characters. I like the concept, the lore, the humanity of him, and the numerous varying enemies he faces.

I've barely read any of the comics, yet greatly enjoyed the 90s animated series growing up (I just finished rewatching the 5 seasons last week), and did enjoy the first 2 Sam Raimi movies. The 2 Amazing Spider-Man movies weren't that good, yet there was still enough there to enjoy and worth at least one viewing.

I'm not sure how he comes across in the comics and different arcs/versions, yet in the 90s animated series, he comes across as very conflicted (not whiny) with his powers and responsibility, which is very relatable to nearly anyone as it alludes to one's own coming of age (with great power comes great responsibility, blah blah blah lol). This conflict was echoed with a number of the villains he faced, my favorites being Venom and Morbius. I also prefer the mainly scientific approach of trying to explain things, rather than a fantasy/magical/mystical or "just because" approach a lot of comic books follow.

As for the video-games, my experience is limited as well. Maximum Carnage on the SNES, Web of Shadows on the PS3, and I got bored with the Amazing Spider-Man 2 on PS4 after about 30 minutes. I grabbed Shattered Dimensions awhile back for $10, yet still have yet to bother to play it.

I guess my limited and selective exposure to him have put him in a better light than someone that's maybe consumed all the available content offerings and have had their opinion soured by the less than stellar works.

weirdeyedkid
Best Friend
PSN: weirdeyedkid0_o

Jul 04, '16, 10:21am

I love Spiderman and whats great about reading him is that it always feels fresh. Spiderman's life changes, he has ups and downs. Currently he's a billionaire in his late 20s but still acts like he has always. Plus pure Peter Parker Spidey has lead to other awesome Spidermen like Superior Spiderman, Miles Morales, Agent Venom, and Scarlet Spider. Seriously Miles is awesome and Agent Venom's first series was cool as all hell.

Sam the Dude
Pure One
NNID: sam_the_dude

Jul 04, '16, 9:10pm

I do think he was generally annoying in Civil War. I didn't really understand the hype. It's similar to the comics, but it works a lot better reading it for me than it does when it's spoken. I guess when I'm reading the comics I can project whatever tone I want into his dialogue. That or some things in comics don't always work on the screen. When Spider-Man's saying all these snarky comments in live action it's a bit irritating to me. Sort of gave me Jake Lloyd flashbacks from Phantom Menace. "Now this is podracing!" I guess I'm just the odd man out here though as almost everybody else seemed to love it. Still prefer the Raimi and McGuire's take on the character.

Nado8
Producer

Jul 05, '16, 2:17am

Spidey is my favorite bay far. Read the comics and watched the 90's animated show. I even like all the movies.

HavokX
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Havok83

Jul 08, '16, 7:59am

Spider-man is arguably Marvel's best solo hero. He rocks

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: Danaxus82

Jul 08, '16, 10:24am

On a scale of 0(hate)........5(indifferent)........10(love)
I'm a 6. I used to watch the cartoons when I was young. I didn't like the Spiderman solo series, but I did like the one with Iceman and Firestar (Firestar was cool!). I enjoyed the first Spiderman movie, it was entertaining but not touching.

I don't know...Marvel heroes were never really my thing - fun to watch sometimes, but not impactful, like DC heroes. As far as Marvel heroes go, Spiderman and the Xmen are my favourite.

TheHiketeia
Producer
PSN: TheHiketeia
NNID: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

Aug 19, '16, 3:50pm

I've never been a big Spiderman fan. Never really like the villains or story lines much, and the humor doesn't always work for me.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Aug 19, '16, 5:38pm

I think the new Spiderman is fine....I liked the last verion more

But if we got another funny good lucking person on the avengers it might make it kind boring so....they made him much more geeky this time

Manetti
Pure One
PSN: inside_thedream

Aug 19, '16, 11:35pm

Yeah I really don't like Spiderman as well. I always found him to come off as egotistical and a bully. I mean, yeah, you're a nerd and it's fun to get some back, but he just comes across as a dick.

Return to “Media”