Joanne8143
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 4
Joined: Sep 22, '15, 9:13am
Location: Manchester
PSN: joanne8143
Contact: Twitter

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 7:34am

skzyp wrote:
Awesome! Thursday I'm hoping to get something to eat, do some of the touristy things and hopefully book Alcatraz. So anyone who will be interested in Alcatraz Thursday night should let me know and I will look into booking something that day. Can't wait to welcome you to America. It is my first time in San Francisco and it might as well be another country haha. I've been to Anaheim before and it all seemed to different from Arkansas. No worries. I've been reassured that we will all be looking out for each other. I'm glad we are both so close to the venue and it is somewhat comforting knowing that there is another best friend in the same place as me. Woo!


As far as I'm aware Alcatraz night tours are all booked up, maybe Friday day time would be better? Yeah I'm travelling for the first time on my own so it was a big relief to me too x

User avatar
skzyp
Unsung Hero
Posts: 118
Joined: Apr 14, '16, 5:09pm
Location: Arkansas
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 9:55am

Joanne8143 wrote:
skzyp wrote:
Awesome! Thursday I'm hoping to get something to eat, do some of the touristy things and hopefully book Alcatraz. So anyone who will be interested in Alcatraz Thursday night should let me know and I will look into booking something that day. Can't wait to welcome you to America. It is my first time in San Francisco and it might as well be another country haha. I've been to Anaheim before and it all seemed to different from Arkansas. No worries. I've been reassured that we will all be looking out for each other. I'm glad we are both so close to the venue and it is somewhat comforting knowing that there is another best friend in the same place as me. Woo!


As far as I'm aware Alcatraz night tours are all booked up, maybe Friday day time would be better? Yeah I'm travelling for the first time on my own so it was a big relief to me too x


Aw, right on. I created a specific topic under KFL3 for a 9:10am tour. It lasts about 2.5 hours and travel time between the hotel and there should be done by lunch on Friday. I've done a lot of researching of stuff I would want to see and do and most of it fits in on Thursday. Friday would be Alcatraz, going to the aquarium near the pier (by Alcatraz tours), seeing Golden Gate, Coit Tower and then eating/getting ready for the evening with any possibly best friend movie get togethers and then getting cocktails that evening. There is so much I'd like to do and there is so little time. If you'd like to join me for Alcatraz on Friday morning you can buy a ticket online under that topic I made. There were about 20 spots available still. kfsmile

User avatar
GreedyEars
Pure One
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 26, '16, 4:37am

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 11:07am

skzyp wrote:
Joanne8143 wrote:
skzyp wrote:
Awesome! Thursday I'm hoping to get something to eat, do some of the touristy things and hopefully book Alcatraz. So anyone who will be interested in Alcatraz Thursday night should let me know and I will look into booking something that day. Can't wait to welcome you to America. It is my first time in San Francisco and it might as well be another country haha. I've been to Anaheim before and it all seemed to different from Arkansas. No worries. I've been reassured that we will all be looking out for each other. I'm glad we are both so close to the venue and it is somewhat comforting knowing that there is another best friend in the same place as me. Woo!


As far as I'm aware Alcatraz night tours are all booked up, maybe Friday day time would be better? Yeah I'm travelling for the first time on my own so it was a big relief to me too x


Aw, right on. I created a specific topic under KFL3 for a 9:10am tour. It lasts about 2.5 hours and travel time between the hotel and there should be done by lunch on Friday. I've done a lot of researching of stuff I would want to see and do and most of it fits in on Thursday. Friday would be Alcatraz, going to the aquarium near the pier (by Alcatraz tours), seeing Golden Gate, Coit Tower and then eating/getting ready for the evening with any possibly best friend movie get togethers and then getting cocktails that evening. There is so much I'd like to do and there is so little time. If you'd like to join me for Alcatraz on Friday morning you can buy a ticket online under that topic I made. There were about 20 spots available still. kfsmile


I think I'll be down for Alcatraz. Definitely need to go while I'm over, but yeah I think all the night tours are gone.
Image

Joanne8143
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 4
Joined: Sep 22, '15, 9:13am
Location: Manchester
PSN: joanne8143
Contact: Twitter

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 1:38pm

[quote="skzyp]

Aw, right on. I created a specific topic under KFL3 for a 9:10am tour. It lasts about 2.5 hours and travel time between the hotel and there should be done by lunch on Friday. I've done a lot of researching of stuff I would want to see and do and most of it fits in on Thursday. Friday would be Alcatraz, going to the aquarium near the pier (by Alcatraz tours), seeing Golden Gate, Coit Tower and then eating/getting ready for the evening with any possibly best friend movie get togethers and then getting cocktails that evening. There is so much I'd like to do and there is so little time. If you'd like to join me for Alcatraz on Friday morning you can buy a ticket online under that topic I made. There were about 20 spots available still. kfsmile[/quote]

Just booked my tickets for the 9:10am tour !! So much to cram into a weekend glad I'm staying longer but would still like to visit some of the sights with you and any of the other best friends that can make it x

User avatar
joeynoelle
KF Community Manager
KF Community Manager
Posts: 756
Joined: May 17, '15, 1:55am
Location: Corona del Mar, CA
XBL: joeynoelle
PSN: joeynoelle
Steam: missjoeynoelle
Contact: Skype Facebook Google+ Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 2:14pm

Just updated OP with schedule details!!! <3

User avatar
skzyp
Unsung Hero
Posts: 118
Joined: Apr 14, '16, 5:09pm
Location: Arkansas
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 10:26pm

Joanne8143 wrote:[quote="skzyp]

Aw, right on. I created a specific topic under KFL3 for a 9:10am tour. It lasts about 2.5 hours and travel time between the hotel and there should be done by lunch on Friday. I've done a lot of researching of stuff I would want to see and do and most of it fits in on Thursday. Friday would be Alcatraz, going to the aquarium near the pier (by Alcatraz tours), seeing Golden Gate, Coit Tower and then eating/getting ready for the evening with any possibly best friend movie get togethers and then getting cocktails that evening. There is so much I'd like to do and there is so little time. If you'd like to join me for Alcatraz on Friday morning you can buy a ticket online under that topic I made. There were about 20 spots available still. kfsmile[/quote]

Just booked my tickets for the 9:10am tour !! So much to cram into a weekend glad I'm staying longer but would still like to visit some of the sights with you and any of the other best friends that can make it x[/quote]


Yay! Can't wait. It will be an early morning but at least we are at the same hotel, haha. It will be a hectic trip and I'm sure go by too quickly but boy am I excited.

User avatar
skzyp
Unsung Hero
Posts: 118
Joined: Apr 14, '16, 5:09pm
Location: Arkansas
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 10:39pm

joeynoelle wrote:Just updated OP with schedule details!!! <3


Has there been a "formal" groupme or any group chat of the type during the event or is that more up to individual groups usually? Is it strange that I just imagine flocks of best friends crossing streets with arms locked in unison? portilloFlex

User avatar
skzyp
Unsung Hero
Posts: 118
Joined: Apr 14, '16, 5:09pm
Location: Arkansas
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 04, '17, 11:05pm

"Thursday Afternoon (12pm noon-ish): Pier 39 lunch & hang
Thursday Evening (7pm): Game Night at Folsom Street Foundry"

My flight doesn't land til 1245 on Thursday so I probably can't make that lunch. If there are still people over there later on I'd like to eat with some best friends and maybe check out the aquarium if there is time. I was planning on doing that after Alcatraz on Friday morning so if anyone wants to tag along let me know. Not a priority but something fun to do. I also had some questions about game time and what exactly that entails. Do I need to sign up some where? Are we talking quiz bowl style, board games, video games or combination? Is there a cover charge for the Foundry? Thanks in advance. I will probably create some new topics based around some of the places I intend to visit like the Japanese tea garden, Coit tower, Golden Gate bridge, etc. There is already an Alcatraz post for June 2nd at 910am and so are myself and another best friends are confirmed for that.

User avatar
joeynoelle
KF Community Manager
KF Community Manager
Posts: 756
Joined: May 17, '15, 1:55am
Location: Corona del Mar, CA
XBL: joeynoelle
PSN: joeynoelle
Steam: missjoeynoelle
Contact: Skype Facebook Google+ Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 09, '17, 12:45pm

skzyp wrote:"Thursday Afternoon (12pm noon-ish): Pier 39 lunch & hang
Thursday Evening (7pm): Game Night at Folsom Street Foundry"

My flight doesn't land til 1245 on Thursday so I probably can't make that lunch. If there are still people over there later on I'd like to eat with some best friends and maybe check out the aquarium if there is time. I was planning on doing that after Alcatraz on Friday morning so if anyone wants to tag along let me know. Not a priority but something fun to do. I also had some questions about game time and what exactly that entails. Do I need to sign up some where? Are we talking quiz bowl style, board games, video games or combination? Is there a cover charge for the Foundry? Thanks in advance. I will probably create some new topics based around some of the places I intend to visit like the Japanese tea garden, Coit tower, Golden Gate bridge, etc. There is already an Alcatraz post for June 2nd at 910am and so are myself and another best friends are confirmed for that.



No sign ups required! they have consoles set up for various games, plus a selection of table top games as well. There is a cover, $10 I believe? Talking with them this week, so I'll get more details and update the OP.

User avatar
GreedyEars
Pure One
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 26, '16, 4:37am

Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 09, '17, 3:00pm

IGN are doing a tour the Friday we're all there, so thought I'd post a link to it here. It's free, just need to register.

"DESCRIPTION
IGN's "Kickoff to Summer" First Friday Tour is HERE…and we’ve got a few special surprises in store for guests this month!
Join us Friday, June 2nd from 1pm to 3PM PST at the IGN SF Headquarters and spend two hours hanging with your favorite IGN personalities and departments.
The team will take you around the office, walk through the studios + Lets Play rooms, take pictures with incredible life size memorabilia from your favorite movies, video games and television series, meet and greet with the IGN staff, engage in a Q & A panel with surprise giveaways, take home custom IGN swag and much much more!
Space is limited so please reserve your spot today.
See you June 2nd!"

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/igns-kicko ... 26?aff=es2
Image

User avatar
skzyp
Unsung Hero
Posts: 118
Joined: Apr 14, '16, 5:09pm
Location: Arkansas
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 12, '17, 10:06pm

Image
Are the knights of this galaxy dying out?


Greg mentioned that Wonder Woman tickets were on sale now and that he got his. Is there any update on the possible community event for the Wonder Woman movie?

User avatar
GreedyEars
Pure One
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 26, '16, 4:37am

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 13, '17, 11:49am

skzyp wrote:Greg mentioned that Wonder Woman tickets were on sale now and that he got his. Is there any update on the possible community event for the Wonder Woman movie?


I've not heard anything but I'm definitely interested in seeing it.
Image

Tylershane
Best Friend
Posts: 5
Joined: Aug 11, '15, 4:35pm
Location: Bay Area
PSN: tyler_shane3

Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 14, '17, 8:48pm

Can't wait to see ya'lls faces that weekend!! I'll be getting into the city early Saturday morning from the central coast so I'll be looking forward to the food trucks at Sparks Social!

kfglad

User avatar
joeynoelle
KF Community Manager
KF Community Manager
Posts: 756
Joined: May 17, '15, 1:55am
Location: Corona del Mar, CA
XBL: joeynoelle
PSN: joeynoelle
Steam: missjoeynoelle
Contact: Skype Facebook Google+ Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 16, '17, 4:09pm

Updated OP, but WW will be at 9:25pm at Alamo Drafthouse!

For any international people trying to grab tickets, we've had Amy and Pat use "90210" for the zip code when it asks during the payment portion and it worked!

aregularfriday
Best Friend
Posts: 8
Joined: Jun 27, '16, 12:34pm
Location: Toronto, ON
PSN: silver_guitarist
Contact: Twitter

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 16, '17, 4:28pm

Another good tip for any Canadian BF's is to remove the letters from their Postal Code and then add two zeros at the end!

joeynoelle wrote:Updated OP, but WW will be at 9:25pm at Alamo Drafthouse!

For any international people trying to grab tickets, we've had Amy and Pat use "90210" for the zip code when it asks during the payment portion and it worked!
:kinda

User avatar
CHICKS_18
Pure One
Posts: 28
Joined: May 19, '15, 10:37am
Location: Edmonton, AB
XBL: CHICKS 18
PSN: CHICKS_18
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 19, '17, 9:51am

joeynoelle wrote:Updated OP, but WW will be at 9:25pm at Alamo Drafthouse!

For any international people trying to grab tickets, we've had Amy and Pat use "90210" for the zip code when it asks during the payment portion and it worked!


FYI The hyperlink is but.ly instead of bit.ly (LOL Butt portilloYell ) kftongue
Image

SithLordThorachu
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 05, '17, 12:05pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
XBL: shorty52790
PSN: bthorn2
NNID: bthorne2
Contact: Twitch

Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 20, '17, 7:35am

It'll be my first time in San Francisco!! Looking forward to all the fun activities!! Anyone going from Louisiana or close to me??

User avatar
skzyp
Unsung Hero
Posts: 118
Joined: Apr 14, '16, 5:09pm
Location: Arkansas
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp
Contact: Website Twitter YouTube Twitch

Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 20, '17, 6:43pm

SithLordThorachu wrote:It'll be my first time in San Francisco!! Looking forward to all the fun activities!! Anyone going from Louisiana or close to me??


I'm from Arkansas! It's my first time in San Francisco but not my first time in California. We are sort of almost neighbors. kfglad

Puggle1427
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 1
Joined: May 19, '17, 1:22pm
Location: Morgan hill

Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 20, '17, 11:39pm

Do we have to pay or be a certain age to go to the Wonder Woman sceening Sunday night?

Jamf100
Best Friend
Posts: 9
Joined: May 17, '15, 5:55am

Kinda Funny Live 3 | Community Events

May 21, '17, 6:58pm

Hey I'm coming down from Philadelphia to San Francisco. from the Thursday until the Monday by myself. Any best friends wanna hang I'm down. I already bought Heelkick and wonderwoman tickets.

Return to “Kinda Funny Live 3”