shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer
XBL: shanest88
PSN: shanethesaint88

Re: College Football

Aug 10, '17, 3:27pm

SonofMar wrote: Especially since the Hawkeyes will forever shoot themselves in the foot in bowl games FeelsBadMan

lol they've been having a rough go of it lately in bowl games. I do remember however though back in 2005 when they upset my LSU Tigers in the Outback bowl. That was Nick Saban's last game as LSU HC. I think the Tigers got revenge though a few years ago in the Outback Bowl again

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Aug 10, '17, 5:21pm

shanethesaint88 wrote:lol they've been having a rough go of it lately in bowl games. I do remember however though back in 2005 when they upset my LSU Tigers in the Outback bowl. That was Nick Saban's last game as LSU HC. I think the Tigers got revenge though a few years ago in the Outback Bowl again

You are correct. Damn Saban...I always liked LSU though, shame that they fired Les Miles, always liked him and thought he got the shit end of the stick when it came to the high expectations LSU brass had. I mean, common, Alabama is basically a mid-tier NFL team some years NotLikeThis

That said, Iowa is always a team that breaks my heart. "Oh looky! Rose bowl!...Oh, oh no. Not McCaffrey. Ok, maybe this year we could win the Outback against Florida. Oh, wait, nvmd." Since 2010, they've gone 2 out of 7 for bowl wins. Oh how fond I remember that Georgia Tech game haha.

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

Aug 10, '17, 7:15pm

SonofMar wrote:
shanethesaint88 wrote:lol they've been having a rough go of it lately in bowl games. I do remember however though back in 2005 when they upset my LSU Tigers in the Outback bowl. That was Nick Saban's last game as LSU HC. I think the Tigers got revenge though a few years ago in the Outback Bowl again

You are correct. Damn Saban...I always liked LSU though, shame that they fired Les Miles, always liked him and thought he got the shit end of the stick when it came to the high expectations LSU brass had. I mean, common, Alabama is basically a mid-tier NFL team some years NotLikeThis

That said, Iowa is always a team that breaks my heart. "Oh looky! Rose bowl!...Oh, oh no. Not McCaffrey. Ok, maybe this year we could win the Outback against Florida. Oh, wait, nvmd." Since 2010, they've gone 2 out of 7 for bowl wins. Oh how fond I remember that Georgia Tech game haha.

I was in the fire Les Miles camp. Actually I was in it before a lot of other people were in it. And it wasn't because he couldn't beat Alabama, it was because LSU has had as much talent as Alabama and couldn't win. And the program has been slipping downward since 2011. LSU last year had the most NFL players over every other college. Not to mention his unwillingness to change the offense. It was time for Les to go. I didn't like the Orgeron hire, but we will see.

ferdonkers
Pure One
XBL: Ferdiliz
PSN: ferdonkers
NNID: ferdonkers
Steam: ferdonkers

College Football

Aug 10, '17, 7:41pm

My prediction is that FSU will beat Alabama in that week 1 matchup in Hotlanta,
also I went to FSU...

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

College Football

Aug 10, '17, 8:21pm

ferdonkers wrote:My prediction is that FSU will beat Alabama in that week 1 matchup in Hotlanta,
also I went to FSU...

I could see this haooening. Alabama isn't invincible and FSU has a great team

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 12, '17, 11:54am

shanethesaint88 wrote:I was in the fire Les Miles camp. Actually I was in it before a lot of other people were in it. And it wasn't because he couldn't beat Alabama, it was because LSU has had as much talent as Alabama and couldn't win. And the program has been slipping downward since 2011. LSU last year had the most NFL players over every other college. Not to mention his unwillingness to change the offense. It was time for Les to go. I didn't like the Orgeron hire, but we will see.

Fair point, he's like Ferentz in that regard. I do hope LSU gets back to their glory, because Georgia for sure chokes the chicken every year. FailFish

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Aug 17, '17, 6:32am

SonofMar wrote:Fair point, he's like Ferentz in that regard. I do hope LSU gets back to their glory, because Georgia for sure chokes the chicken every year. FailFish

Follow up question: Do you wish Ritcht was still the HC or are you happy with having Smart -- even with all the issues?
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Tidal Town
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

College Football

Aug 17, '17, 5:28pm

ferdonkers wrote:My prediction is that FSU will beat Alabama in that week 1 matchup in Hotlanta,
also I went to FSU...

I'll take that bet.
Roll Tide | Go Braves | SMASHVILLE | Titan Up

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 18, '17, 12:04am

BedaHouse wrote:
SonofMar wrote:Fair point, he's like Ferentz in that regard. I do hope LSU gets back to their glory, because Georgia for sure chokes the chicken every year. FailFish

Follow up question: Do you wish Ritcht was still the HC or are you happy with having Smart -- even with all the issues?

Eh I liked Ritcht but maybe Smart is the necessary move. We'll see. Regardless, college football is a fun time.

ferdonkers
Pure One
XBL: Ferdiliz
PSN: ferdonkers
NNID: ferdonkers
Steam: ferdonkers

College Football

Aug 18, '17, 9:08am

Tidal Town wrote:
also I went to FSU...

I'll take that bet.

I didn't say nothing about a bet, it's more of a wish, I'm making a wish that we beat Alabama...

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

College Football

Aug 18, '17, 11:14am

ferdonkers wrote:
Tidal Town wrote:
also I went to FSU...

I'll take that bet.

I didn't say nothing about a bet, it's more of a wish, I'm making a wish that we beat Alabama...

I cant wait for this game lol

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

College Football

Sep 09, '17, 6:59am

Big game for Penn State today! Penn State vs. Pitt.

The odds in this game are ever in our favor, but I'm still a little nervous about this one. I'm looking for a great game today though! #BeatPitt

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Sep 09, '17, 9:30am

Some good games this evening in college football. Looking forward to some time on the couch tonight while watching some of the bigger games after a long/busy day.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

Sep 10, '17, 1:45am

Fucking Notre Dame...smh. Ahh to be an Irish fan this century lol

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

College Football

Sep 16, '17, 4:50pm

Gators win yay!
Why is the Hershey factory so close to the hot pocket?

Tidal Town
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

Nov 03, '17, 7:13pm

Hey Shane: it's game time.
Roll Tide | Go Braves | SMASHVILLE | Titan Up

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

College Football

Nov 12, '17, 2:06pm

Tennessee got slaughtered and I couldn't be happier. portilloShu
Why is the Hershey factory so close to the hot pocket?

Return to “Health, Food, Fitness & Sports”