trogleplus
Best Friend

Gluten-free diet for our son

Dec 06, '17, 10:59am

Hello. Our son has been diagnosed with IBS and we were told to follow a strict gluten-free diet. Please help.

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Re: Gluten-free diet for our son

Dec 06, '17, 11:53am

Well, while I find your asking for help from the KF forums very flattering, I'm not sure we are the best source of information.

I think the best thing is to start educating yourself on all the foods/products that contain gluten. Start locating stores that have a section for "health" foods, flours, oils, pre-made foods that will be gluten free.

Most importantly, read, research, and don't buy into the first thing you read. It won't be easy early on, but I wish you and your family well.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

flinkempire
Best Friend

Dec 07, '17, 4:44am

a gluten-free diet may reduce symptoms, eliminate barley, rye, and wheat. you can find gluten free products in health food stores and grocery stores

trogleplus
Best Friend

Dec 07, '17, 8:52am

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask for advice like this. When I am anxious, I just want to blurt out and ask for help. I am very concerned about our child's condition. I even researched some help like this article https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/thera ... d-therapy/ if it can help out oue present situation.

Thank you.

flinkempire
Best Friend

Dec 08, '17, 6:23am

trogleplus wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask for advice like this. When I am anxious, I just want to blurt out and ask for help. I am very concerned about our child's condition. I even researched some help like this article https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/thera ... d-therapy/ if it can help out oue present situation.

Thank you.

That's okay. If you want to be sure, why not ask for a second opinion. bring your child to another doctor just to be sure

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Dec 09, '17, 4:46pm

I would talk to a physician or a dietitian before taking advice from forum users like myself.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

gwnner
Shadow Boxer

Dec 09, '17, 5:14pm

I'm on a discipline-free diet

lissa77
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 10, '18, 1:54am

There are many online stores where you can find out gluten-free diet.

Return to “Health, Food, Fitness & Sports”