NFL

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

NFL

Feb 08, '18, 8:02pm

MannySJ wrote:The 49ers just signed Jimmy Garoppolo to a 5-year, $137.5M deal, the biggest contract in the NFL. They're all-in, and I'm interested in an NFL season for the first time since they dropped Jim Harbaugh.

When he started playing it's the first time since Harbaugh left watching the 49ers play has been fun and enjoyable again. It's nice to look forward to watching them again.

Wonder what Cousins is gonna get paid and where he ends up.

shanethesaint88 wrote:To get him for a 2nd rd pick is the steal of the century

Christmas came early.

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

NFL

Feb 11, '18, 6:19pm

Vane wrote:It's nice to look forward to watching them again.

And Reuben Foster charged with domestic violence kfangry

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

NFL

Feb 12, '18, 5:38am

Vane wrote:
And Reuben Foster charged with domestic violence kfangry

Young man who got a nice paycheck coming out of college (with probably zero debt, or very little) is just squandering his opportunity to provide for himself.

Maybe if they were older, and I these guys would understand the opportunity they are presented with (especially after they devoted years to getting to this point) and they just can't help themselves, control themselves, or whatever it is. Whether it is this, whether it is Josh Gordon with alcohol and drugs. Individuals who clearly are making it difficult for their employers, not by their play, but buy their own off field stupidity.

Curious what the Niners will do.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

NFL

Feb 12, '18, 9:43am

BedaHouse wrote:Young man who got a nice paycheck coming out of college (with probably zero debt, or very little) is just squandering his opportunity to provide for himself.

Maybe if they were older, and I these guys would understand the opportunity they are presented with (especially after they devoted years to getting to this point) and they just can't help themselves, control themselves, or whatever it is. Whether it is this, whether it is Josh Gordon with alcohol and drugs. Individuals who clearly are making it difficult for their employers, not by their play, but buy their own off field stupidity.

Aldon Smith all over again.

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

NFL

Feb 12, '18, 3:38pm

Vane wrote:
BedaHouse wrote:Young man who got a nice paycheck coming out of college (with probably zero debt, or very little) is just squandering his opportunity to provide for himself.

Aldon Smith all over again.

ThisIsFine

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Re: NFL

Feb 13, '18, 8:21am

Johnny Manziel came out saying he's bipolar and thats why he threw his career away (even if he wasn't going to be a star).

I read the article/press release and I have to say: it rings hollow. There was a very standard statement. I'd expect a guy that had ALL that ego to actually humble himself and take ownership of all the problems he himself caused. But he didn't. I don't believe he's ready to return I don't think he would have lasted in the NFL. But I don't think we will see him again (maybe XFL?)
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Return to “Health, Food, Fitness & Sports”