User avatar
Henry
Best Friend
Posts: 13
Joined: Jun 02, '15, 3:24pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
PSN: HenrysAwesomest
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 05, '17, 2:47pm

Totally feel the need to change the title, but I feel they missed the opportunity to call it "Kinda Funny Mornings" or to spoof names like Good Day LA somehow. :P

PS Yay for more Internet Explorers!
Booze, gaming, comics, movies, shenanigans.
Follow me on twitter @YummyHenry for all of the above!

User avatar
Kumailh
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 869
Joined: May 21, '15, 12:23pm
Location: London
PSN: kumail786

Re: Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 06, '17, 12:18pm

Today was a great example of why we all need some more internet explorers.
Image

User avatar
SorryWeAre0_o
Baller
Posts: 1164
Joined: Feb 15, '16, 7:41pm
Location: Manchester, UK
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 06, '17, 2:13pm

I thought 'The Kinda Funny Daily Show' would've been a nice shout since it's only morning in one timezone in the US when the show airs. It's still more apt than Colin & Greg live though.
Image

User avatar
Kumailh
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 869
Joined: May 21, '15, 12:23pm
Location: London
PSN: kumail786

Re: Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 06, '17, 3:31pm

SorryWeAre0_o wrote:I thought 'The Kinda Funny Daily Show' would've been a nice shout since it's only morning in one timezone in the US when the show airs. It's still more apt than Colin & Greg live though.

Twitch kinda did advertise it as "Twitches morning show" iirc, dont know if they still do it but that maybe is part of the thinking?
Image

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 778
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:13am
Location: Wisconsin

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 08, '17, 10:51am

I'll give it a chance, but less Colin off the cuff is highly disappointing. Is it more of were doing what we want or more of were seeing a need to do this?

It seems like the former, which I guess is good for you guys, but sucks for those of us that enjoy what Colin brings to the table.

User avatar
vitzpatel
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 991
Joined: May 19, '15, 2:16am
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
PSN: vitz1985
Contact: Twitter

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 09, '17, 2:28am

We all need more Internet Explorers in our lives.

Think it'll break up the format nicely with Tim and Nick switching in for Colin and Greg. We'll get a different take on news whilst still getting what made Colin and Greg Live great.

Not sure how well it'll translate as an audio show, but I'm going to continue to watch on Twitch for now as I've got the swing of subscribing with my Prime account.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

User avatar
SorryWeAre0_o
Baller
Posts: 1164
Joined: Feb 15, '16, 7:41pm
Location: Manchester, UK
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 09, '17, 3:58am

Wiskysin wrote:I'll give it a chance, but less Colin off the cuff is highly disappointing. Is it more of were doing what we want or more of were seeing a need to do this?

It seems like the former, which I guess is good for you guys, but sucks for those of us that enjoy what Colin brings to the table.


I believe they're doing it because Colin asked for it. He wants to be able to spend the first 3 days of the week focusing on 'Colin Was Right'. In addition whenever Colin or Greg weren't on the show people would complain in the Twitch chat.

I hear you though, I enjoy the show more when they react to video game news, rather than movie and comic book related stuff. I prefer hearing Colin & Greg's opinions on that subject more than Tim & Nick's. However I quite enjoyed how often they rotated things over the last few months, it helped keep things fresh rather than hearing the same things over and over again. I couldn't care less about Colin's political views (I know some love that too though) and often enjoyed just seeing Tim & Nick goof around watching funny videos.

I don't mean any of that in a derogatory way towards Tim & Nick it's just that the content I enjoy most from the guys is their video game coverage and since Nick doesn't play games....
Image

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 778
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:13am
Location: Wisconsin

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 09, '17, 10:12am

SorryWeAre0_o wrote:I hear you though, I enjoy the show more when they react to video game news, rather than movie and comic book related stuff. I prefer hearing Colin & Greg's opinions on that subject more than Tim & Nick's. However I quite enjoyed how often they rotated things over the last few months, it helped keep things fresh rather than hearing the same things over and over again. I couldn't care less about Colin's political views (I know some love that too though) and often enjoyed just seeing Tim & Nick goof around watching funny videos.

I don't mean any of that in a derogatory way towards Tim & Nick it's just that the content I enjoy most from the guys is their video game coverage and since Nick doesn't play games....


You basically touched on why it's disappointing for me. While I watch the Game Over Greggy show every week, those are not the topics that keep me coming back to Kinda Funny, even though the non-gaming topics are often highly entertaining. Having a daily show that primarily discussed what was going on in the gaming world, meandering at times in an entertaining way, was awesome.

You are right, Nick doesn't play games, and with Tim, I get the impression he's enamored by the idea of games rather than the games themselves. I may be wrong, but I can't picture him sinking an entire day into a game. There's just never any meat there when they talk games. It's a laugh fest of videos, which may be something the masses love.

Colin & Greg Live was a part of my daily routine, so it's just a matter of getting over that changing. I would come home from work, feed and water the pup, throw up the Twitch! replay from earlier in the day on the TV and listen while I took care of odds and ends around the house before going to the gym. I'll give this a run for a while and see what happens, but it just seems like an unforced error unless Colin Was Right just ends up being so spectacular I don't miss Colin & Greg Live. We still get Greg, so we'll see, but I just loved how Greg compliments Colin so well. That's the best chemistry Kinda Funny has.

User avatar
SorryWeAre0_o
Baller
Posts: 1164
Joined: Feb 15, '16, 7:41pm
Location: Manchester, UK
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 09, '17, 10:43am

Wiskysin wrote:You basically touched on why it's disappointing for me. While I watch the Game Over Greggy show every week, those are not the topics that keep me coming back to Kinda Funny, even though the non-gaming topics are often highly entertaining. Having a daily show that primarily discussed what was going on in the gaming world, meandering at times in an entertaining way, was awesome.


I feel similarly too. I actually think Tim does a great job when he's on the show with Colin or Greg & offers some interesting opinions. It's just that when he's on the show with Nick they either don't do the news or brush over everything thats gaming related. I hope that while Colin is not there they rotate it well to keep a good balance of interesting opinions on the news and fun silly stuff. In addition, hopefully as Colin creates more and more episodes of his show he's able to be more efficient with his workflow so it doesn't take up quite so much time, allowing him to appear a day extra.

To be fair it's good to see Tim hosting the show with a laptop in front of him since the new year & they've covered some gaming related stuff today. Hope they keep it up.
Image

User avatar
Barry_burtons_beard
Pure One
Posts: 87
Joined: May 17, '15, 3:09am
Location: England

Re: Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 10, '17, 3:26am

I'm kind of mixed on it.

On the one hand, C&GL was my favourite Kinda Funny show, and less Colin and Greg has killed my interest in it. That's lame. I don't even watch it live now. I'll just wait for it to go up on YouTube, find out who was hosting it, and then skip it unless it's Colin and Greg. The rapport between Colin and Greg is just different, and it's what attracted me to their content in the beginning. I followed from the Beyond days and so they're the main attraction to me. I lose interest when they're not involved quite quickly.

On the other hand, Colin obvs wants to spend time doing other things, and so I'm totally with him doing that. If that means I only get a couple of episodes of "C&GL" a week at most then I'll get over it. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Image

User avatar
Wildblood
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
Posts: 2080
Joined: May 23, '15, 3:46am
Location: Europe
PSN: Danaxus82

Re: Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 10, '17, 4:32am

I'm not a huge fan of the show and haven't watched C&GL in forever. It's too much and too long for me to follow. Instead of tuning in every once in a while, I find myself not watching at all. I find myself preferring the short-form stuff (Colin was Right, and the weekly shows that get broken down into bite-sized chunks on YouTube). The only long-form show I follow without fail is PSILY.

That said I like the idea of how they're switching things up and it's always good to see more Nick! Personally though, I'd like to see them scrap it to free up time for them to focus on other endeavours.
Image

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 778
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:13am
Location: Wisconsin

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 10, '17, 9:36am

They're highly unlikely to scrap something that makes them a huge amount of money. Not that it's primarily about the money, it is a factor. It is, after all, ultimately why businesses exist. What a colossally stupid business move it would be to give up that kind of revenue stream. It's probably the easiest thing they do. Sit in front of a camera for an hour a day, without having to edit, while people throw tips and subscription money at you the entire time. Even if I stopped watching it I would never advise them to give that cash cow up.

I won't pretend to guess at their financials, but it's a show like this that must be a big help for them be able to hire the editor they're hiring.

User avatar
KERS4
Best Friend
Posts: 10
Joined: Oct 08, '15, 2:28pm
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 11, '17, 9:22am

I can't speak to whether less Colin will impact the show, since I havent been watching Colin and Greg Live.
The move to put it on youtube and podcast services is the biggest thing they can do to grow the show.

Since it airs on twitch whilst I am at work in the UK, i have never been able to catch the show, whereas I have been able to pop in an earphone and enjoy their podcasts whilst working away and I look forward to doing the same with the Morning Show (although I am concerned that it might overwelm my iphone memory.

Sikexplicit
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 05, '16, 7:39am

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 11, '17, 11:00am

When does the show hit podcast services?

TheTimidTerapin
Best Friend
Posts: 6
Joined: Sep 01, '16, 2:48pm

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 26, '17, 8:09pm

Thanks a bunch for getting this on podcasts. I know it doesn't make a whole bunch of sense on podcast because it is so visual, but it is so much easier for some of us to consume content through podcast/audio. With work, rotating shifts, and family time; getting gaming information is easier by listening on the drive to and from work and at the gym. Thanks again!!

User avatar
joeynoelle
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 726
Joined: May 17, '15, 1:55am
Location: Corona del Mar, CA
PSN: joeynoelle
Steam: missjoeynoelle
Contact: Skype Facebook Google+ Twitter Twitch

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 27, '17, 12:18am

Sikexplicit wrote:When does the show hit podcast services?


Up as of today!
Image

geogolem
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 03, '16, 11:29am

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 27, '17, 8:46pm

TheTimidTerapin wrote:Thanks a bunch for getting this on podcasts. I know it doesn't make a whole bunch of sense on podcast because it is so visual, but it is so much easier for some of us to consume content through podcast/audio. With work, rotating shifts, and family time; getting gaming information is easier by listening on the drive to and from work and at the gym. Thanks again!!


Im also thankful they got this on podcasts..... I use pocketcasts app for android.. its great.

One thing though.. I like the fact that they have added the audio podcasts and I can subscribe via pocketcasts.. but there are several videocasts that also exist in the same way as a video through pocketcasts.

A good example of this is "This Week In Tech"

for example they have 4 entries in pocketcasts:
This Week in Tech (MP3)
This Week in Tech (Video-HI)
This Week in Tech (Video-LO)
This Week in Tech (Video-HD)

I wonder if kindafunny could do something similar for "The Morning Show".. I dont really care if there are different video qualities.. but one audio and one video would be better than only the audio one they have up at the moment... I think replacing the audio with video wouldnt be good either since some people only want the audio, but putting the video up would be useful...

KURDT
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 4
Joined: May 29, '15, 6:27am

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Jan 29, '17, 2:19pm

This has become my fav of all their shows!

Bearlazers
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 28, '15, 12:26am

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Feb 01, '17, 5:03pm

:kinda not sure if this has been suggested, but it really helps improve the audio version if the hosts name the titles of videos they play. I often will pull out my phone to find the video on YouTube. Great to have it as a podcast.

User avatar
EasyModeMitch
Unsung Hero
Posts: 129
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:13am
PSN: Classicgutes

Kinda Funny Morning Show

Feb 01, '17, 11:38pm

Wiskysin wrote:
SorryWeAre0_o wrote:I hear you though, I enjoy the show more when they react to video game news, rather than movie and comic book related stuff. I prefer hearing Colin & Greg's opinions on that subject more than Tim & Nick's. However I quite enjoyed how often they rotated things over the last few months, it helped keep things fresh rather than hearing the same things over and over again. I couldn't care less about Colin's political views (I know some love that too though) and often enjoyed just seeing Tim & Nick goof around watching funny videos.

I don't mean any of that in a derogatory way towards Tim & Nick it's just that the content I enjoy most from the guys is their video game coverage and since Nick doesn't play games....


You basically touched on why it's disappointing for me. While I watch the Game Over Greggy show every week, those are not the topics that keep me coming back to Kinda Funny, even though the non-gaming topics are often highly entertaining. Having a daily show that primarily discussed what was going on in the gaming world, meandering at times in an entertaining way, was awesome.

You are right, Nick doesn't play games, and with Tim, I get the impression he's enamored by the idea of games rather than the games themselves. I may be wrong, but I can't picture him sinking an entire day into a game. There's just never any meat there when they talk games. It's a laugh fest of videos, which may be something the masses love.

Colin & Greg Live was a part of my daily routine, so it's just a matter of getting over that changing. I would come home from work, feed and water the pup, throw up the Twitch! replay from earlier in the day on the TV and listen while I took care of odds and ends around the house before going to the gym. I'll give this a run for a while and see what happens, but it just seems like an unforced error unless Colin Was Right just ends up being so spectacular I don't miss Colin & Greg Live. We still get Greg, so we'll see, but I just loved how Greg compliments Colin so well. That's the best chemistry Kinda Funny has.

I love that we see more of Tim and Nick, I'm very happy with the change to Kinda Funny Morning Show. I do miss early C&G though. I'm probably totally wrong but for some reason I get the impression that Colin just isn't into KF anymore. When Tim, Nick, and Greg are on the show I get the honest feeling that they enjoy interacting with the audience but I feel that Colin doesn't want to, which is a bummer, but I guess its better that he do his own thing. Would rather not have him on the show, then have him on the show and disliking it and making it a less fun experience overall. But then again, I don't know him so this is all pure speculation.

I'd really like to See Ryan Mcaffrey as a guest on the show. Outside of Greg he has to be my favorite gaming personality.
portilloTrueLove