Position/Title: IT Coordinator @ Delivery Hero
PSN: jerrikoe
NNID: JerriKoe
Steam: JerriKoe

PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 24

Sep 27, '15, 9:42am

Rules & Information:
Please read this before you post your questions!

This thread is meant to be for questions throughout the show.
If a) you want to get a shout-out as PS I Love This Best Friend XOXO,
b) you want to present your PSN's Worst Name of the Week, or
c) you want to submit your Song of the Week,
please post in the respective threads.

1. One question per person per week: This is not only to ensure everyone has an equal chance of getting their question answered on the show, but also to encourage you to ask thoughtful questions that haven't been asked before.

2. Get your questions in early: The podcast is filmed after Colin & Greg live on Monday (11am PT). Questions asked afterwards will most likely be MISSED.

3. On Monday at 5pm PT / 1am GMT / 12pm ACT all questions will be removed: The thread will be purged and you can start asking questions for the following week.

4. Please be as concise as possible and edit your questions: Questions that are shorter, more concise, and well edited have a greater chance of being read. Please try not to write a full paragraph, or add your own answer into the question.

5. Please try not to repeat questions: Newer and more relevant questions are more likely to be picked

6. Not every question will be read, and chances are they won't be in order: Hi. It's Greg. I hijacked this post to add this. Just because you submit doesn't mean you're on the show. <3

7. Ask real questions! Opinions, food for thought, or things you want to discuss are better suited for the week's episode discussion thread. Please look for the right one here: viewforum.php?f=45.

8. Spoilers! Watch out! We, the mods, compile the questions asked in this thread here in these spoilers below. Please don't read through them but rather through the thread itself. They are for Greg & Colin to go through for easy access to questions. They might contain spoilers to current games. So watch out!

9. Spoilers! Again? This is to all of you asking questions in this thread. Please, and I really ask you to do that, use the spoiler tags to hide anything that could give away important or even slight info of what's happening in a current game's story. You can find them in your editor as the triangle pointing up with the exclamation mark inside. Please use them!

Page 1 & 2:
► Show Spoiler

JerriKoe
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Position/Title: IT Coordinator @ Delivery Hero
PSN: jerrikoe
NNID: JerriKoe
Steam: JerriKoe

PS I Love You XOXO Questions

Sep 27, '15, 9:42am

Page 3 & 4:
► Show Spoiler

Page 5:
► Show Spoiler

ChaseKendall
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: kendallchase666

Re: PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 17

Jan 16, '17, 4:57am

Hey Greg & Colin, Long time first time.
After Microsoft cancelled Scalebound, could it be possible that Sony picks up with Scalebound where they left off? Taking the studio, and making the game an exclusive of their own.
Watching the E3 Demo again, it's like watching a finished game, or at the very leased a game with a promising concept/foundation to build upon.
Thanks!
PS. Iloveyougoddamnbastards!xoxo

narmstrong79
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 16, '17, 5:46am

Happy birthday MLK?

Skipping past the bullshit intro and just going to ask....

Could the potential success of Nintendo Switch be used to breathe life back into Vita? IF! Nintendo is 1/2 as successful as Nintendo needs it to be, they will get 3rd party support and 3rd party developers could port to Vita. A little marketing behind Vita and Sony could position Vita as already able to do the games without the gimmicky control for jerking off a cow and such.

Yes, Vita isn't as mobile unless you have great wifi, but most pS4 games, although not ideal, are playable on the damn thing.

Switch would primarily be used on a TV, and the ps4 is more powerful, Sony marketing team could steal that non hardcore Nintendo audience. "Switch to Playstation"

Or let the Vita continue to die but open up remote play for Android/Apple devices. Not sure of the legality of that. They had remote play on that one Sony phone no one bought.
Last edited by narmstrong79 on Jan 16, '17, 8:34am, edited 1 time in total.

davecasadonte
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Re: PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 24

Jan 16, '17, 5:51am

AHOY THERE COLIN AND GREG

Has Colin gotten back into Far Cry Primal? A big fan of the series myself, I didn't jump into Primal because it didn't seem to speak to what I love most about FC games, i.e. sniping and blowing stuff up, and the tribal/hallucinatory elements of 3 and 4 were definitely not up my alley. BUT, I've been itching to get back into a FC world. Am I wrong about Primal, or should I wait for Far Cry 5, whenever that may come and whatever that may be (would love to hear you guys speculate on 5 if you choose to do so).

Thanks for all you do and keep fuckin' that chicken,

David
Last edited by davecasadonte on Jan 16, '17, 6:30am, edited 1 time in total.

TheR9Phenomenon
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: TheR9Phenomenon

Jan 16, '17, 6:07am

Hey Greg and Colin

What are your expectations from Mass Effect Andromeda since the release date was announced with barely a couple months to go before the release and we barely have seen any footage from the game? Do you think the game is ready or is the release being rushed? Has the reaction to Mass Effect 3 got to do anything with it?

Also, is a better strategy to announce games so late or to announce games early and let the hype build around it?

P.S. I love you

LordXar
Pure One

Jan 16, '17, 6:21am

Hey Greg and Colin,

Long time, many times.

Should we be at all worried about Horizon Zero Dawn coming out on Feb. 28th with huge franchises like Zelda (March 3rd) and Mass Effect Andromeda (March 21st) launching within the same time span. Will these massive franchises take up so much mind share that it will hurt Horizon's sales and possibility of becoming its own franchise? Or does the fact that its a PS exclusive shield it from these concerns?

Colin, loving #ColinWasRight so far. Keep it up.

Thanks guys,
Ray Briggs II
PSN: LordXar

why2bee
Pure One
PSN: why2bee

Jan 16, '17, 6:49am

Hey gang,

I wanted to nominate a game for this week's forgotten playstation game. I was browsing the trophy collection the couscous magnet himself, and saw a game that, based on the time in which he platinumed (a brisk 23 hours) it is near and dear to the heart of Mr. Moriarty. That game is Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. I know some may look at this as a childish game, but the reviewer on IGN, one Mr. Greg Miller, stated that the "variety of games is nice and the multiplayer is actually fun," and that despite, "staring at a cave wall isn't a very interesting storytelling device ... it's easy to get around the game." Sounds like a hidden gem to me!

Thank you for everything that do, and in the case of this turd, don't do anymore! You guys have helped me get through months of unemployment after being laid off from my previous job while looking for a new one and for that I am grateful for your hard work.

Why2bee

Snaj
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Achieving Greatness
PSN: Snaj

Jan 16, '17, 7:29am

Hello gents!

I am writing from Scotland and I have a question about my PS Vita.

I've long since been a hard defender of the PS Vita, and even recently reduced a group of guys to jealousy when I showing them World of Final Fantasy on my Vita, even as they were playing Pokémon Sun/Moon on their 3DS.

What I didn't tell them was that World of Final Fantasy eats up a whopping 5GB on my 8GB memory card, and means I've had to delete most other games from the system for now. To combat this, I thought I'd go and pick up a new memory card as I assumed the price had gone down now.

My jaw fucking dropped to see that the 16GB model is still going for about £60 in most shopping sites (approx $72), and the 32Gb model is going for about £90. What in the serious fuck?! How in the name of fuck is Sony and other websites still selling these memory cards for so fucking much almost 6 years after launch? For comparison I checked and £60 could buy a new 1TB hard drive for my PS4, and yet here this shower of arseholes are trying to sell 1.5% of the space for the same price. I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but that price is still a fucking joke.

Why in the name of all fuckery do the Vita cards still cost so much? What do you recommend for those seeking a memory card bargain? And what are the chances of these memory cards ever going down in price?

Alessandro
Glasgow, Scotland

P.S. I love World of Final Fantasy. Why don't you guys give any love for this title? Great monster-training RPG for those citizens of Vita island.

SchlongConnery
Best Friend
PSN: BERT-MACKL1N-FBI

Jan 16, '17, 8:35am

Hey fellas,

I'll get to the point. Can you ask Gio where the hell Banner Saga on Vita is? Sony was helping with this. Banner Saga 2 is already on every other platform. How has this not come out yet?

Thanks brothers.

(If you want to look into Salt & Sanctuary, Hyper Light Drifter, Mighty No. 9, and Cosmic Star Heroine too that would be super.)

MaDogNik96
Best Friend

Jan 16, '17, 9:06am

Hi Greg and Colin!

I just had a tasty bit of info for you. For anyone that is trying to ask for a PS2 classic to come to PS4 on Twitter. First off, use the hashtag "#ps2ps4", but also tweet at Dave Thach (@davethach). He is the head of international software development at PlayStation and the main guy for getting PS2 Classics on the network.

I've been curious myself as where to direct my requests in this situation. I wasn't sure if it was Sony, PlayStation, or the developer/publisher of the game. From all the tweets I see with the hashtag, people say he is the head of it, or at least the guy to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps anyone out there. I'm hoping we get Katamari Damacy some day.

This is MaDogNik96 signing off. I hope you have a Kinda Funny day. :kinda

P.S. Also, Yakuza 1 and 2, please?

Sovani
Best Friend

Jan 16, '17, 10:21am

Greeting Colin, Greg, you kick ass too,

I'm still waiting on that Hotshots Golf game. Did I miss any info on the game or have they been very quite?

Thank you,

Malcolm Roy,

P.S. I love Resogun, and by that logic I love you guys too.

stpfarms
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: stpfarms
PSN: stpfarms
NNID: stpfarms

Jan 16, '17, 11:39am

Greg and Colin,

What is going on in Europe with Sony shutting down all their studios there? Why didn't Guerilla Cambridge make a new KillZone or Evolution make a new MotorStorm? Media Molecule will be the next to go leaving London and Guerilla? What's Shu doing to compensate for these closures? It seems as though Sony is avoiding costs and banking more and more on Third parties to take the risks.

Steve

JeremiahJUX
Pure One
PSN: jvizcarra
Steam: JeremiahJux

Jan 16, '17, 12:10pm

Hello Greg and Colin!

Resident Evil 7 is finally out today! I'm a proud owner of PSVR and whenever a great title comes out for it, I'm on board. I've thoroughly played the "Midnight Update" for the RE7 Beginning Hour demo (with friends around, of course... NEVER alone) and I found myself getting really excited to play the full experience, but I'm hesitant to jump in since the game is ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING in VR.

So, I have to ask, with RE7 being such a frightening experience, would it hinder itself from become a killer app for the PSVR? Or are we still waiting for the game/experience to skyrocket the PSVR?

Thanks for all you do and the fun videos!
-JeremiahJUX

P.S. Beware of the WaterMan... ColinSure GregGunnar
The Official Kinda Funny Spider-Man Fan Representative
Fatillo Fatillo Fatillo Fatillo Fatillo Fatillo Fatillo

LightningHat
Pure One
PSN: LightningHatNH

Jan 16, '17, 12:37pm

Hi Greg and Colin,
Seeing as how the N.S. conference was pretty much a dud in terms of launch titles, it really made me appreciate all the amazing games that we have on the Vita. My specific problem though is the cross-buy promise of some games that usually tends to fade away until the vita version is forgotten about entirely. If a game is announced as being cross-buy, then why would the developers refuse to make good on their word? There are certain games I just haven't touched on PS4 because the game is clearly made for the Vita, such as Pier Solar and the Great Architects.
On top of that, why are some titles connected via cross-saves, but are required to be bought individually on the PS4 and the Vita? Why not just make all those games cross-buy? The developers can't be making that much more money to warrant this approach, can they?
Your friend,
Nathan Choquette ("Show-ket")
P.S.: I love you both

QuinnLZ89
Best Friend
PSN: qzizzleferreal
NNID: QuinnLZ89

Jan 16, '17, 12:49pm

Hey guys!

Trophy Time question for you. I know that this is the PlayStation podcast, but I have to ask a Switch crossover question, since it was just revealed. How would you all implement a trophy/achievement system on Nintendo's new console? I completely agree with Colin, that it's a tone deaf move for them to not have one. Although it's looking unlikely at this point, what would you guys like to see? I would love to see something uniquely Nintendo that also incorporates the best of the existing systems. Thoughts?

PS - Thanks for all you guys do. You both have an amazing ability to make us in the audience feel like we're your friends, even though we've never met you.

Keep up the great work!

Quinn

Phil macrackin
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 16, '17, 1:24pm

Hi Greg and Colin

Do you think the performance of the last guardian was the reason MS cancelled scalebound and if true do you think the could mean cancellations in future for example Dreams?

Thanks for all the work you do.

Rob

Hosh
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 16, '17, 2:43pm

G'day lads,

Just quickly, I've just got back onto playstation by buying a pro after skipping ps3. The first game I have started playing is The Last Of Us remastered. Yeh I'm late to the party but at least I brought a funnel. While playing the game I want to be hooked by the story but the necessity to search for crafting materials and other collectibles means I often miss the banter between npc's. Granted it's not integral to the story but in a game like TLOU it's all about world building and immersion. TLOU isn't the only game guilty of this. Do you guys have any ideas of how to rectify this or am I doomed to have replay a game to get the full story?

Cheers from Australia

Hosh

(Not sure if you blokes know what a funnel is but it is a drinking apparatus to assist in you getting fuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkked)

GeezyHeat
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 16, '17, 3:21pm

Heya fellas!

The Nintendo Switch conference actually put a bit of their focus on JRPGs and it looks to have an impressive year planned for the genre. Many would consider JRPGs to belong to PlayStation but the Nintendo handhelds have always had a good showing for these too. Do you feel that PlayStation is the true home of JRPGs or that they share it equally with Nintendo?

alex.karzis
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 16, '17, 5:07pm

Hey guys!

First time long time!

Quick little question here; Do you think sony could rectify the mistakes it made with Demon Souls, and turn Nioh into a surprise, exclusive, hit? I've been really impressed with the direction the title has been heading in especially considering that it has had such a tumultuous development and can rival that of Last Guardian and FFXV in that sense. I'm not a huge fan of Dark Souls, Demon Souls or Bloodborne, but something about the setting, gameplay and art direction has me very interested in Nioh, but it does not seem like Sony cares about getting this title to the front page.

Wondering what your thoughts are and whether this could lead to a larger conversation about exclusivity and whether it still matters

Thanks,

from Canada,

Alex