Position/Title: IT Coordinator @ Delivery Hero
PSN: jerrikoe
NNID: JerriKoe
Steam: JerriKoe

PS I Love You XOXO Questions

Sep 27, '15, 9:42am

Rules & Information:
Please read this before you post your questions!

This thread is meant to be for questions throughout the show.
If a) you want to get a shout-out as PS I Love This Best Friend XOXO,
b) you want to present your PSN's Worst Name of the Week, or
c) you want to submit your Song of the Week,
please post in the respective threads.

1. One question per person per week: This is not only to ensure everyone has an equal chance of getting their question answered on the show, but also to encourage you to ask thoughtful questions that haven't been asked before.

2. Get your questions in early: The podcast is filmed after the Kinda Funny Morning Show on Monday (11am PT). Questions asked afterwards will most likely be MISSED.

3. On Monday at 5pm PT / 1am GMT / 12pm ACT all questions will be removed: The thread will be purged and you can start asking questions for the following week.

4. Please be as concise as possible and edit your questions: Questions that are shorter, more concise, and well edited have a greater chance of being read. Please try not to write a full paragraph, or add your own answer into the question.

5. Please try not to repeat questions: Newer and more relevant questions are more likely to be picked

6. Not every question will be read, and chances are they won't be in order: Hi. It's Greg. I hijacked this post to add this. Just because you submit doesn't mean you're on the show. <3

7. Ask real questions! Opinions, food for thought, or things you want to discuss are better suited for the week's episode discussion thread. Please look for the right one here: viewforum.php?f=45.

8. Spoilers! Watch out! We, the mods, compile the questions asked in this thread here in these spoilers below. Please don't read through them but rather through the thread itself. They are for Greg & Colin to go through for easy access to questions. They might contain spoilers to current games. So watch out!

9. Spoilers! Again? This is to all of you asking questions in this thread. Please, and I really ask you to do that, use the spoiler tags to hide anything that could give away important or even slight info of what's happening in a current game's story. You can find them in your editor as the triangle pointing up with the exclamation mark inside. Please use them!

JerriKoe
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Position/Title: IT Coordinator @ Delivery Hero
PSN: jerrikoe
NNID: JerriKoe
Steam: JerriKoe

Sep 27, '15, 9:42am

! Message from: JerriKoe
Placeholder post #1 for more questions.

LycergicBotanist
Best Friend
Position/Title: Societies Hero
PSN: BrierPenguin

Mar 14, '17, 6:33am

hey Greg, and the solomly missed collin moriarty, i gotta say seeing you leave is one of the worst things ive heard, its gonna be a very sad day when i cant listen to my fan boy lovers talk about Playstation in a way that was almost to perfect. i hope tim gettys will get his act together get over nintendo and become the new playstation representative basically. anyway sorry love you guys and hope everything works out!!!

II GTA FREEK II
Seducer
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Mar 14, '17, 2:20pm

LycergicBotanist wrote: i hope tim gettys will get his act together get over nintendo and become the new playstation representative basically.

Don't be one of those people. Please just leave if you seriously have some sort of problem with Tim being who he wants to be, and not being someone you want. Get over it and leave.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

distant.hero
Best Friend

The Future of Mobile Gamers

Mar 14, '17, 4:52pm

Hey, Greg and Collin!
I've noticed a trend over the past few years of children receiving their parents' old mobile devices after upgrading. Many of these children use their hand-me-down smartphone or tablet as their primary, if not only, gaming device. This has me a little worried about a possible generation gap between gamers. When I babysit my friends' kids, they are always eager to play video games with me; however, the are mostly unable to grasp using a controller to play games because the only device they've used to play games on are tablets or smartphones. Do you think could lead to a generation gap between seeing many would-be gamers feeling disenfranchised similarly to how some older gamers felt in the transition to 3D (a la Colin's appearance on The Rubin Report)? I would love to know your thoughts on this possible phenomenon. Love all of the content you produce and thank you for the many hours of laughs and insight.
–Josiah

Paulogy
Producer
PSN: paulogy

Re: PS I Love You XOXO Questions

Mar 15, '17, 6:07am

Hi Greg (and Colin, if he's making a special appearance)

I definitely think you guys should keep the show going. Do whatever it takes: re-brand it if you will, switch up the segments, bring in special guests, make it every-other-week etc, but I really want to see a PlayStation-focused podcast from you guys on a routine basis. And I suspect there are thousands, maybe millions of people out there, that really need it to continue too.

I know it feels painful now, and maybe pointless in some ways, but give it time if you have to and then find a way to keep the show going. I think P.S. I Love You XOXO is a core tenet of what you guys offer at Kinda Funny, and some busy weeks it's all I have time for. But I make time for it because I see that value.

If you do continue on, I hope you name a segment after Colin. The Moriarty Wrapup perhaps (yes, it would take place INSIDE Roper's Report :-)

I guess since this spot is for questions after all, I'll ask one:
What do you make of the new No Man's Sky Pathfinder update? Does that make you want to dive back in? If not, what would?

XOXO,
~Paulogy
[ w w w . p a u l o g y . c o m ]

UltraMonkeyX
Best Friend
PSN: UltraMonkeyX

Re: PS I Love You XOXO Questions

Mar 15, '17, 4:02pm

I don't think this counts as a question, but could you guys end Colin's stay at PS I Love You the way you guys left beyond? Have Colin stay longer for it but have an outstanding ending episode?

Dolci81
Best Friend
PSN: Dolci81

Mar 16, '17, 3:46pm

Hi there,

I'm playing horizon at the moment and I have hit a mental wall where I'm struggling to proceed in the desert, I played Zelda and hit a wall in the desert, and then I started thinking. I had the same issue in dragon age inquisition too, I struggled with mad max and in ni no kuni at the desert i just couldn't do it. So my question Is the desert the worst setting in video games? Especially after nice lush green jungles or snowy mountains or is it just that I have a strange issue with sand or different shades of orange.

It would be good to know if people agree, or if I need to seek some sort of help....

David in England.

P.s. I love this show glad to see you are still moving forward, better to do what your happy doing and move on, than continue doing something your heart isn't in.

Under Goat
Best Friend
PSN: TurtleFlying

Mar 17, '17, 9:10am

R.I.P.

DannyVFilms
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Cinematographer

Mar 19, '17, 3:01pm

Disc Jam, one of the free PlayStation Plus games for the month of March, seems to be a bit of a letdown for me. It would be rash to call it a Rocket League clone, but there are some striking similarities. The menus, customizable characters, set as a futuristic e-sport, launching as a PlayStation Plus game. Do you see where I'm going with this? My question is this: what are your thoughts on games with such striking similarities that don't capture the magic of their inspirations, and what kind of conversations do you think Sony had behind the curtain to find and publish this game?