Baller
PSN: jerrikoe
NNID: JerriKoe
Steam: JerriKoe

PS I Love You XOXO Questions

Sep 27, '15, 9:42am

Rules & Information:
Please read this before you post your questions!

This thread is meant to be for questions throughout the show.
If a) you want to get a shout-out as PS I Love This Best Friend XOXO,
b) you want to present your PSN's Worst Name of the Week, or
c) you want to submit your Song of the Week,
please post in the respective threads.

1. One question per person per week: This is not only to ensure everyone has an equal chance of getting their question answered on the show, but also to encourage you to ask thoughtful questions that haven't been asked before.

2. Get your questions in early: The podcast is filmed after the Kinda Funny Morning Show on Monday (11am PT). Questions asked afterwards will most likely be MISSED.

3. On Monday at 5pm PT / 1am GMT / 12pm ACT all questions will be removed: The thread will be purged and you can start asking questions for the following week.

4. Please be as concise as possible and edit your questions: Questions that are shorter, more concise, and well edited have a greater chance of being read. Please try not to write a full paragraph, or add your own answer into the question.

5. Please try not to repeat questions: Newer and more relevant questions are more likely to be picked

6. Not every question will be read, and chances are they won't be in order: Hi. It's Greg. I hijacked this post to add this. Just because you submit doesn't mean you're on the show. <3

7. Ask real questions! Opinions, food for thought, or things you want to discuss are better suited for the week's episode discussion thread. Please look for the right one here: viewforum.php?f=45.

8. Spoilers! Watch out! We, the mods, compile the questions asked in this thread here in these spoilers below. Please don't read through them but rather through the thread itself. They are for Greg & Colin to go through for easy access to questions. They might contain spoilers to current games. So watch out!

9. Spoilers! Again? This is to all of you asking questions in this thread. Please, and I really ask you to do that, use the spoiler tags to hide anything that could give away important or even slight info of what's happening in a current game's story. You can find them in your editor as the triangle pointing up with the exclamation mark inside. Please use them!

Page 1:
► Show Spoiler

Page 2:
► Show Spoiler

JerriKoe
Baller

Sep 27, '15, 9:42am

! Message from: JerriKoe
Placeholder post #1 for more questions.

thoolihan
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: unmolded
PSN: unmoldable
NNID: thoolihan

May 15, '17, 7:58am

If you had to merge any of the big 3 (Sony, MS, Nintendo), what merger would you cook up and why?

the_shockster
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: The Shockster
PSN: Shockster

May 15, '17, 10:54am

First off love everything you guys do and I can't wait to see what comes next. Kinda Funny for life!!

Do you believe that the number and quality of exclusives on the PS4 is the main force in driving sales or is it the messaging from Sony / Microsoft.

LuukeAtMe
Pure One
PSN: The_Beast36

May 15, '17, 11:06am

Hey,
Where do you see Playstation 10 years from now? and what will the journey along the way be like. Any franchises that will still be going? What will be revived? etc.

Thanks,
Luke

Paulogy
Producer
PSN: paulogy

Re: PS I Love You XOXO Questions

May 15, '17, 11:33am

Hi Greg & Jeremy!

With E3 on the horizon, what are some of your favorite (and least favorite) PlayStation conference moments?

Could be from any of them: E3, PSX, TGS, new console launches etc., or even BEYOND the stuff that happened live on stage :-)

(RIP) XOXO,
~Paulogy

P.S. THANK YOU for all the great PlayStation coverage over the years! A huge part of what makes the PS community so special is what you brought to it. Can't wait to see what you cook up next :-)
Last edited by Paulogy on May 16, '17, 3:22pm, edited 3 times in total.
[ w w w . p a u l o g y . c o m ]

famouscustard
Best Friend

May 15, '17, 2:06pm

Hi Greg and Jeremy,

I was really bummed when Colin first left Kinda Funny, but over time I've come to accept that it's for the best. Sure I'll miss seeing Colin and Greg together, but now you can go off and do the things you both want to do, and the morning show is funnier than it's ever been. I am, however, left with one question: if I wanted to find out which games were coming to my favourite PlayStation platforms this week, where would I now go? (By which I mean will there be a future for a playstation-centric podcast?)

Callum, England
Last edited by famouscustard on May 15, '17, 11:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

yum9me
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: yum9me
PSN: yum9me

May 15, '17, 4:06pm

Hey guys,

Now that the Nintendo Switch has been released and we know what makes it a great system, what would you like to see with Sony's next portable system? Is a hybrid console handheld something that only Nintendo can do? What could Sony do to successfully compete against the Switch without half-assing support for either their console or handheld?

Thanks for the work you've all done on PlayStation podcasts over the years!

Jonathan from New Zealand

Real_Radec13
Unsung Hero

May 15, '17, 4:43pm

Hey Jeremy and Greg

What were some of your favorite memories of doing podcasts with the other hosts/guests? Favorite Jim Reilly, Jeff Haynes, Clements, etc. memories. After a decade doing this, you surely must have some great moments with these people when talking about PlayStation!

Thanks,

Bart from Toronto

JamesTSkywalker
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: JamesTSkywalker

May 15, '17, 5:53pm

It seems somewhat appropriate to begin my question with BEYOND!

It's the end of (another) era, so here's a question kinda (funny!) related to that: when do yoi think this generation of consoles actually ends?

It used to be a pretty simple prospect, but with the PS4 Pro and soon-to-be unveiled Scorpio blurring those lines, is it ever going to be so cut and dried again? Or, as I imagine, will we be seeing future console iterations come down the pipeline that are power upgrades and adapt to the changing landscape of games with 4K output and VR displays, but run variations of the current gen operating systems and able to play all the games we've picked up for these machines since 2013? (No need to worry about backwards compatibility on the PS5 if it's just a PS4 Pro... Pro)

Thanks guys, and all the best as Kinda Funny continues to grow.

Brien

PS I Love You But Its So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday... (feel free to sing that one, cuz I am while I'm writing it)
:kinda LIVE LONG, AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU :kinda

Noah Om
Pure One
PSN: OmNomKnight

May 15, '17, 6:26pm

Hey Greg and Jeremy! I've been a huge fan of your PlayStation podcasts since before the PS4 was revealed, and the PlayStation content you've produced between Beyond and PS I Love You has been my favorite gaming content of ALL TIME. So since this is the last chance I'll get to submit my "long-time, first-time" question, I thought, "why the hell not?"

Anyway, with this being the final show, what has been your favorite part about covering PlayStation so closely all these years? If the question does not apply to Jeremy enough, what was your favorite PlayStation related event since Beyond began?

Thank you for all the memories and PS I'll always love you,

Noah Om (Pronounced: "Ahm" - like Om Nom Nom on that ass kfwink )

Ignaciorojas
Pure One

May 15, '17, 8:05pm

Hi guys

Now that the PS 4 Pro has been on the market for at least half a year, what do you think is it's relevance? Has it made more of a splash than we all thought it would at the beginning or did ot not accomplish its goals? Will the Scorpio be a nail on its coffin?

P.S: I was lucky enough to have had my question read on the very first episode of this great podcast. I have been a fan of you guys since Beyond 300 and the early days of Up At Noon. I never imagine that you (Kinda Funny in general) would become some of my best friends, specially since we've never met in person. It would be a great honor to get my question read in this last episode.

P.P.S: Colin ate the avocados

Your friend,
Ignacio Rojas

ReactiveFuture
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Webmaster at BYU ElevenNews
XBL: ReactiveFuture
PSN: ReactiveFuture
NNID: RFuture

May 15, '17, 8:51pm

Hey guys! Thank you for all you've done. Greg, you've been very influenial on me as a gamer, and as a human being. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Anyways, what PlayStation exclusives have been most influential in your lives and careers? Are there any games in particular that have posed hard questions, changed your outlook on the world, or changed how you think about life? Thanks!

Darkgriffen
Unsung Hero
Position/Title: Trophy Hunter
XBL: Tygadopolis
PSN: Darkgriffen

May 15, '17, 10:11pm

Hey Greg and Jeremy,

This being the last PS I Love You, I thought I would ask about the future. In particular the future of trophies. Being a avid trophy hunter (I recently hit 44 stars and going to eclipse 13k trophies soon) I have spent a lot of time wondering when and if the trophy system will be obsolete. The switch is sustaining without a achievement system and the top trophy hunters claim Sony pays them no attention. So please enlighten me like you used to do each and every week on PS I Love You just where do we go from here with our shiny psn profile of stats?

Thanks for every podcast and here's to the future,

Jenson West
Psn Profile: Darkgriffen

PS - I am heading to Chicago in July and gonna hit up Portillo's for the first time ~stoked~!!!!!
My current goal is to hit 50 stars on Psn, only a few more to go.
Check out my YouTube channel:
Http://www.youtube.com/c/Brokeleftstickgames

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

May 16, '17, 7:24am

Hey Greg and Jeremy,

The question I have is more so for Greg. Why didn't you ever reach out to call fans during PSILY XOXO like you did on Beyond? Some of your best moments in all of podcasting were when you and Colin were drunk at IGN and calling people that RSVPed for the live podcasts. I strongly disagree with your decision to end PSILY but I would like to know if that hilarious segment could return in another Playstation podcast in the future.

And never forget Zack's girlfriend. "EHHWAHT!?" Oreogasm

Thanks,

Will (Raging Light)
Last edited by Raging Light on May 16, '17, 8:18am, edited 1 time in total.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

Ice27
Pure One
PSN: Ice_27

May 16, '17, 8:17am

Hey Greg and Jeremy,

First off thank you! I discovered Beyond about 4 years ago now after numerous recommendations from a good friend. I never understood the point of podcasts until I had a menial desk job. Once I finally achieved my goal of working in sports media it meant 10 hours a week minimum in a car (I live in New York but commute to New Jersey. New Jersey Traffic blows, ask Altano). Every week you and Colin gave me my fastest ride home because it felt like I had 2 friends in the car with me. And to top it off they were debating important PlayStation issues like what to have for dinner, the water man coming, and of course the merits of soft TP.

My favorite part of PSILYXOXO and Beyond was the speculation you and Colin put forth. So I will ask for your speculation one final time.

What do you think the DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn looks like? More importantly what would you like to see? My spoiler free take is I would like to see something advancing the story and introducing new beasts, but I could see another line of hunters quests with more unique big bad monsters. I'll let you decide if this gets into spoilers or not but seriously people play Horizon. FuckOff

Thank you a million times over.
Eric
KFBF kflove

pepelo14
Pure One

May 16, '17, 9:54am

Hi guys

Sad that this is the last episode but excited on the future to come.

My questions are about the past. Jeremy, what did you think was going to happen to the loud Greg Miller when you left Beyond and IGN? Did you envisioned the success of this powerhouse? And for you Miller, the same question, what did you envisioned for Jeremy outside of IGN? Did you forecasted the awesomeness he would bring to the table to the companies like Psyonix and the huge huge success of a game as Rocket League?

Love you both guys, two of the most intelligent persons I follow

Thanks for everything

Jose Luis Casillas

Jefftheandroid
Best Friend

May 16, '17, 11:17am

Hey guys! Thanks for the extra/last episode and for sharing your knowledge on Playstation with us over the years. Jeremy - as always, congratulations on all of your success with Rocket League!

Microsoft has made a couple of strong plays against Sony recently and I'm curious what your thoughts are about long-term impact or how Sony will respond:

- Backwards Compatibility - Xbox has it and all signs point to a major failure for PS Now. What does Sony do now? Could a major relaunch of PS Now be on the horizon? Will we keep getting trickled out PS2 Classics? Will the Playstation back-catalog remain fragmented on the PS4 or will we someday get a cohesive library?

- Scorpio is just around the corner, and to the masses, Xbox will steal the headlines with the new/more powerful console this holiday. What is Sony's response?
    Will we get another shift in the PS4 SKU lineup in 2018?

- Microsoft is shying away from VR for the time being, and while there have been strong sales of PSVR, Sony has gone completely silent since launch. I enjoyed my time with my PSVR, but feel major buyer's remorse for dropping $600 on the system and games... Was Microsoft right to wait? Where are all of these games we were promised and why isn't Sony shining the spotlight on them? My biggest complaint about PSVR are things that could be remedied with a hardware revision - The mess of cables and lower-res video...Is PSVR2 coming soon?
Going to miss the Beyond/PSILYXOXO thread I've followed since the very beginning. Even if something else great is coming, it's always going to be missed and was the podcast that started making me think of the games industry in a more critical way including the desire to learn more about the developers behind the games. It seems like the general layout of Beyond became a template for video game podcasts but nothing ever stacked up to the work you've both done over the years. Thanks again and here's to what's next from Psyonix and Kinda Funny!

-Jeff
Instagram - JeffTheAndroid | Twitch - remakeyourself | PSN - remakeyourself | XBL - JeffsOnHisXbox

JerriKoe
Baller

May 16, '17, 2:44pm

Hey Greg, hello Jeremy,

As we're move on into the last episode of PS I Love You XOXO, I want to ask you a few simple questions: What is your favorite PlayStation moment? What do you remember doing this day/night? If you could change anything in PlayStation history, what would it be?

[I would love to hear the answers first before you go on with what I am writing here, Greg.]

This is very hard for us fans of the show. There was a core of die hard fans of PS I Love You XOXO as well as Beyond and I think we will never forget this awesome time you brought us. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you two and Colin for doing such an amazing job with the thing we all love so much.

I will forever miss all the things PSILY, the forum posts, the sometimes very smart and great questions from the fans, the funny stories from you guys and the audience with their worst PSN names, the way you brought the people together to play, talk, hang out with each other, the beautiful art (thanks Candy Andy) on shirts and posters, the music that we got from fans, some of this was only made because of this show, the incredible guests (talking to you too Jeremy :P), and the #PSWeLoveYouXOXO movement. It was a great time, all 78 episodes. We laughed, we cried, but we laughed way more often of course. :D

PSILY taught me some stuff that I wouldn't have thought about before. It made me better at games, discussions about them, and overall a better person and I truly believe that. I met a bunch of awesome people online that I would call friends if I ever saw them standing in front of me.

Every era has an end. This was an unforgettable one and we will always love you for this. Thank you and it was a pleasure to serve you, Greg and the forum users.

From Beyond! the pond, Berlin, Germany,
-JerriKoe

PS We Love You XOXO
"No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful." - Wade Watts
G+ community I moderate: Gamer 2 Gamer, Patreon: JerriKoe

Paulogy
Producer
PSN: paulogy

May 16, '17, 3:18pm

JerriKoe wrote:Hey Greg, hello Jeremy,

As we're move on into the last episode of PS I Love You XOXO, I want to ask you a few simple questions: What is your favorite PlayStation moment? What do you remember doing this day/night? If you could change anything in PlayStation history, what would it be?

[I would love to hear the answers first before you go on with what I am writing here, Greg.]

This is very hard for us fans of the show. There was a core of die hard fans of PS I Love You XOXO as well as Beyond and I think we will never forget this awesome time you brought us. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you two and Colin for doing such an amazing job with the thing we all love so much.

I will forever miss all the things PSILY, the forum posts, the sometimes very smart and great questions from the fans, the funny stories from you guys and the audience with their worst PSN names, the way you brought the people together to play, talk, hang out with each other, the beautiful art (thanks Candy Andy) on shirts and posters, the music that we got from fans, some of this was only made because of this show, the incredible guests (talking to you too Jeremy :P), and the #PSWeLoveYouXOXO movement. It was a great time, all 78 episodes. We laughed, we cried, but we laughed way more often of course. :D

PSILY taught me some stuff that I wouldn't have thought about before. It made me better at games, discussions about them, and overall a better person and I truly believe that. I met a bunch of awesome people online that I would call friends if I ever saw them standing in front of me.

Every era has an end. This was an unforgettable one and we will always love you for this. Thank you and it was a pleasure to serve you, Greg and the forum users.

From Beyond! the pond, Berlin, Germany,
-JerriKoe

PS We Love You XOXO

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done!
[ w w w . p a u l o g y . c o m ]

Return to “Kinda Funny Games”