elukayee
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: elukayee

Themes...PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 10

Jan 11, '17, 1:22am

A friendly hello Greg and Colin.
I just traded in my launch PS4 for the PS4 Pro due to that nasty disc eject issue (I told the store about the issue cos I'm not a dick). I wasn't going to get the Pro, but I couldn't justify paying money to replace it with the EXACT same machine, so I coughed up the extra for almost exactly the same machine.

I don't have a 4K TV so I thought to myself, how do I make this feel new? I know, a stylish new theme! I've always had the standard light blue wave thingies, and never even gone to that section of the PSN store. So I click the button in search of the perfect theme for my new machine. I see some cool galaxies, or maybe a starry night sky? All of a sudden I'm confused. There's no demo option. No way to try these out before sinking my hard earned dollars. So I end up using YouTube to see what they look like in action. Did I miss something? Is there no way to test themes before buying?

Do you guys use themes?

Thanks Luke , from Gold Coast Australia.

P.S I went with the Firewatch theme that came with the game and I'm pretty darn happy.

P.S.S I guess this could be a dear Shuhei?

EmirKhorasani
Best Friend
PSN: EmirKhorasani

PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 10

Jan 11, '17, 11:24am

Hi Colin and Greg!

I suppose this qualifies as a Dear Shuhei, inspired by trophy time in episode 69 so here it goes:

Dear Shuhei,

Some games on my trophy list I just don't like. While there is a solution available currently, in that you may hide whatever games you want from your trophy list, it requires upkeep every time you fire up a new game. I want my trophy list to represent the best of my trophies, like my The Last of Us Remastered Plat. So I suggest to you, the Trophy Case.

I think under our trophies section we should have an option to hand select which games to add to our Trophy Case, which will be the only thing displayed to other gamers! The trophy case will have the games we choose to add to it, and then as we fire up our free plus games and screw around in them for a few minutes it doesn't tarnish our public display! This way, folks like Colin and myself can display only the games we are really proud of completing or working on without the necessary meticulous upkeep as we have in the current system.

Furthermore, and here's where I really hit my stride of dreaming, what if there was a Trophy Room in VR where we could go and examine our friends' trophies! With the Vita's devotion to gimmicky interconnectedness with things like Near, I'd love to see this thinking apply to trophies! Where I could pop into Greg's trophy room, walk over, open the first and most prominently displayed case with a golden plaque at the top reading "My Name is Mayo" and pull off the top shelf a physical Platinum trophy, inscribed on it at the bottom "GameOverGreggy / 11/8/16 - 11:31 PM" and when I look at the bottom of the base there's a little Vita icon and the photo from the trophy list. How cool would it be to visit your friend's trophy collections and physically play around with them in VR, as well as admire your own trophies in a glorious hall of accomplishment?

Sincerely, 27 Plats but really 25 because I platinumed both Mayos.

CMike
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: TheRealCMike

PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 10

Jan 11, '17, 11:28am

Hey Colin and Greg, long time/first time!

Capcom recently announced the "Resident Evil 7 4D VR Candle," which is supposed to immerse players in the game even further through the power of smell. It doesn't sound too great to me, I don't exactly love the idea of my apartment smelling like zombies. What do you guys think of this trend? Which game candles do you think would smell the best, which would smell the worst? Maybe I'd be more interested if there were candles for games like Flower, Firewatch, or Overcooked.

Much love,
Carter from Birmingham, AL

P.S. Greg, sorry that my Auburn Tigers beat your Missouri Tigers in hoops last week. Hopefully better days are around the corner for both of our teams.

DanielTheAwesome
Best Friend

Re: PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 17

Jan 11, '17, 12:18pm

Hey Greg and Colin,

Do you think Nier Automata have a snowball's chance of being successful? There's a lot of positive buzz for this game following the demo. I'm surprised there's any hype at all, given that this is the 5th game in a series that has never done well critically or commercially. I'm a big fan of Drakengard and the original Nier, so I'm just happy this game even exists. But with Platinum's recent track record and bigger games surrounding this title (Horizon and Mass Effect on either side), will it fall into the same tier as Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian? #WillColinBeRight

Thanks for all you do.

OUTLAWREAVER
Pure One
XBL: OUTLAWREAVER8
PSN: DIKU8
NNID: OUTLAWREAVER

PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 17

Jan 11, '17, 1:06pm

GREG AND COLIN, I have a question concerning the rise and fall of PLATINUM GAMES. Their logo use to be a stamp of approval on almost every game they have made. Ranging from titles like VANQUISH and BAYONETTA to the less-known INFINITE SPACE on the Nintendo DS. Now, with the recent cancellation Xbox One exclusive SCALEBOUND and shitty budget games like TMNT and Legend of Korra, where does PLATINUM goes from here?

Much love,
OUTLAWREAVER

mahobbie
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 11, '17, 1:58pm

Hi guys,

Do you think there is a market for playstation adding the ability to rate games people play directly on the system/playstation app? this could help people keep track of what they liked about the games they play.

thanks
Matt

Norman Skye
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 11, '17, 2:39pm

Hi Guys, A close friend of mine was working on Scalebound last year and when I heard it had been cancelled I text him and asked what the problem was his exact words were "It was always a nightmare project, they couldn't control the developers". I asked him what he meant and he replied "American publishers trying to get Japanese developers to make games like Americans, Totally Microsoft's fault, they should have let them get on with it"

Do you think this is a problem generally with the differences between the eastern and western publishers/developers and could this be part of the problem with games in development hell like The Last Guardian, FF XV, FF VII remake and kingdom hearts 3?

If you could give me a shoutout as it's my birthday today my real name is Sam.

falconxcrunner09
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 11, '17, 2:52pm

Greetings gentlemen,

Tetsuya Nomura stating recently stated that Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 are a long ways off from their projected release dates. I am pretty confident that Kingdom Hearts 3 will come out at some point on PS4. But do you guys think any of parts of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake will even come out for the PS4? And will Square Enix learn their lesson about announcing their games years in advance?

Thanks!

Joe F
Currently Playing: The Last Guardian

ezlo86
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: ezlo_86

Jan 11, '17, 6:13pm

Hello gents! Trophy time question.

Like yourselves, I do enjoy my trophies. They are a way of making the single player more competitive, and while I'm not a harcore completionist (44 Platinums), and since these days I don't have nearly as much time to play, I tend to platinum the games I really love and wanna spent more time with. That's why it breaks my heart seeing great games with bad and downright stupid trophy lists.

So, I remembered a few years ago seeing on a podcast of our good friends at Rooster Teeth (can't remember which one) a list put together by Burnie, Gus and Michael of what they considered to be a few rules for making getting achievements more enjoyable. Since their list was more Xbox focused, I decided to take a few cues from them and make my own list more suited to Playstation. With luck, maybe Sony will pay more attention to this matter and hire Colin as trophy advisor so he can go retire on New York or something.

Love to hear your thoughts on it! Keep up the good work

Cheers from Scotland,
ezlo86

PS: I like you as a friend

Trophy List Guideline

1 - No hidden trophies unless they are directly related to spoilers in the main game.

2 - Beating a game on a higher difficulty should always unlock the lower difficulties.

3 - Gold trophies should be a reward for doing something exceptional in the game, like completing it 100%, beating it in the highest difficulty and etc. They should not be given out like confetti (looking at you, The Order: 1886).

4 - If the game has trophies related to collectables, there should always be and option to go back and collect them after beating the game, like chapter select or free roam.

5 - Speedrun trophies should be limited to more "arcade" or gameplay-focused type games (like Mega Man, Shatter, etc). Having to speedrun a story-centric game for a trophy is contrived is not really fun at all (examples: Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian).

6 - No trophies based on luck or outside of the player's control whatsoever (playing a multiplayer match with a developer, like Rockstar did with GTA IV and RDR).

7 - Ports/remasters of old games that previously had a Platinum trophy should have a Platinum as well (Resident Evil 4 on PS4, wtf guys).

8 - Multiplayer trophies should be unlocked in about 1 hour, like playing every game mode once, win a match, customize weapons or characters, etc. No trophies that force you to grind for dozens of hours.

9 - No racing trophies on non-racing games.

10 - Finishing a game on the highest difficulty should unlock about 40%-50% of the overall trophies. (as opposed to games that you could play to the end and not unlock almost anything, like The Last of Us).
Last edited by ezlo86 on Jan 11, '17, 6:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

ItsThatDave
Pure One
PSN: Arnaud1218

Jan 11, '17, 6:20pm

I would like to be this weeks new best friend.

Now first off, I don't do the multiplayer game thing that often, I am just more interested in seeing peoples trophies that they're getting and games that they may be playing at the time. I'm at level 19 and I prefer people with a higher level then 15 if possible.

My name is Arnaud1218 (pronounced R no, damn French people) also let me change my name Shuhei, come on its been to long.

Also I don't like pooping before a shower. Just shitting there naked on the toilet, its not natural.

Many thanks,

Dave
Last edited by ItsThatDave on Jan 15, '17, 4:29am, edited 1 time in total.

LuukeAtMe
Pure One
PSN: The_Beast36

Jan 11, '17, 6:53pm

Hey guys,
The script for the Uncharted movie is finished, and I can't help but feel like this is a disaster waiting to happen. With recent video games movies such a Ratchet and Clank and Assassin's Creed underperforming, would it have been better to cancel this long ago or is it a good idea now that Uncharted is more popular than ever before? On a sidenote the new Kong: Skull Island movie looks like what an Uncharted movie should be, Tom Hiddleston even looks like Nate in the trailer and Brie Larson looks like Elena.

Thanks,
Luke

Toon211
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Toon211
NNID: Toon211

Jan 11, '17, 7:29pm

Hey Greg and Colin, when do you think ps4's life cycle will come to an end, once the Scorpio releases I'm sure Sony won't go out like a bitch. Just looking for your opinions. First time long time Toon211 (Toontwoeleven). P.S. Let Tim host that is all.

cinnabun
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: cinnabun

Jan 11, '17, 8:08pm

I just came to show off my new avatar.

tcannon008
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: tmoney008
PSN: tcannon008

Jan 11, '17, 8:28pm

Hey Guys!

With Horizon Zero Dawn right around the corner I had a question for the crew.

Do you think we will get an Uncharted 3/Last Of Us moment in the game? Something similar to the young Drake moment or when we got to play as Ellie?

Not necessary to read on air:
I think it might be cool if the intro or first chapter of the game was set in present day... show some backstory for what happened or perhaps elude to something that caused the machines to take over

Thanks fellas

Trevor Cannon

SDinfected
Pure One
PSN: SDinfected

Jan 11, '17, 9:38pm

Hey guys,

Below is a comparison between your Top 10 Vita Games lists from episode 67 and the top Vita downloads for the last three years (via the PlayStation Blog).

Of the 25 different titles that were top downloads only five of them made it on either of your lists (Severed, Killzone: Mercenary, Freedom Wars, Persona 4: Golden, and Minecraft). Adding in your honorable mentions the only other top download is LittleBigPlanet.

My question: what do you think about this comparison? Does this mean you're out of touch with the average Vita owner or are these download lists more indicative of games going on sale? Borderlands 2 released in 2014 and wasn't in the top 10 until 2016. Do you think this explains why the Vita failed? The "best" games according to you, the experts, only make up one fifth of the top sales over the last three years.

Thanks,

Jeremy

P.S. Yes, Greg, I finally beat Arkham Knight and Arkham VR.

PSN / Twitter : SDinfected
Twitch : Jeremy_Online

Doctor_Sneaki
Best Friend
PSN: Doctor_Sneaki

Jan 11, '17, 10:05pm

Hey Colin and Greg,

In news of Scalebound's cancellation, I wanted to ask you guys if you believe Sony may cancel one of their upcoming games too? I remember watching the episode where you both gave predictions on when the exclusives would roll out over the next few years and now I'm wondering if it can change due to something being canceled. I feel like it could be a possibility and then Sucker Punch's next game would probably take their place. Just a thought. What do you guys think? What are the odds they could cancel a game and if so which would it be?

Thanks for all the great content.
Chris
PS I Love You as Best Friends

Randommer
Best Friend
PSN: Randommer52

Jan 12, '17, 2:42am

Hi Greg ! Hi Colin ;-)

I am sure Colin did read the news of Yacht Club Games about Shovel Knight coming to Switch, being rename with a price increase and having all the campaigns as standalone versions (for people wanting a cheaper game with only one character). If not, here the link http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/01/switch-up/
(in short Shovel Knight will be rename Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and will have a price increase in april
the 4 campaigns : Shovel, Plague, Specter and King will be available as a standalone games for cheap
the future Battle Mode will be available as a standalone game as well
Treasure Trove will act as the "ultimate" edition and have every campaigns and modes)

I think it's a good move for Yacht Club and they will gain a lot from it, but there is a big problem, what about the trophies ?!

Can the Trophy Server have a game rename ? Will they leave the current trophy list and create a new one when the game will become Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (with better DLC trophies than for Plague of Shadow now) ? Will the standalone versions of every campaign will have their own trophy list with a platinum each or share a list like a season of a Telltale game ?

I think it's time to put your Trophy consultant hat and help Yacht Club sailing the dangerous sea of bad trophies idea and find platinum island.

PS : Damn it Greg, I write it thinking about how you will read it ! XOXO

FelipeMGM
Best Friend

Jan 12, '17, 3:37am

Hello Colin and Greg

In the last episode of #PSILoveYouXOXO while you talked about the ressurection of RIME, Colin said that Sony dropping games was extremely rare. Well, in this gen at least, that is not really the truth.

Sony has dropped its support on 4 exclusive games for the PS4 in the last year. Besides RIME, 3 Santa Monica Studio external development games have been dropped by Sony. What Remains of Edith Finch is not published by Sony anymore, and Annapurna Interactive is handling that game, which will come out on the PC as well. Wattam which is Robin Hunicke and Keita Takahashi game is also not owned by Sony anymore. Robin confirmed it will come out for multiple platforms and the game has vanished from the SMS page and the trademark which has been abandoned by Sony is now owned by Funomena (there is some indication that Annapurna will publish this one too). Last (and actually least) is The Modern Zombie Taxi Co a PSVR game by Vitei Backroom announced at PSX 2015, which has also vanished from Sony pages.

So at the moment, the only upcoming game listed on Santa Monica website is God Of War, an unusual situation for the studio in this decade. Do you guys think Santa Monica Studio (or maybe SIE in general) is moving away from these kinds of projects or are they just rebooting that part of the studio?

Also, I guess this means that Giant Sparrow is not house inside SMS anymore? Do you guys have any inside info on this?

Its worth nothing that Annapurna Interactive which is a brand new publisher, is composed by many ex SMS staff, including Nathan Gary which was Santa Monica ExDev director.

PS: Thank you for all the work you do at KF, I love you XOXO

Felipe Mesquita

Maverickk
Best Friend

Jan 12, '17, 3:49am

Hello Colin and Greg!
I know that you are no Gran Turismo Fans, but can you please
do a shoutout for all the Racing-Game-Fans of the P.S I loce you listeners. :)
I have just seen gameplay videos of GT Sport with the view from behind onto the car. I never play the cockpit view, vecause I want to see the car I'm driving. And what really annoys me is, that Polyphony
still didn't fix the stiff camera view from behind, what every racing game is doing since years and years. in GT you cannot move the camera with the right stick. I hate it.

Urthwurmjim
Best Friend
PSN: BoBaggs

Jan 12, '17, 5:56am

Colin, Greg, and last but not least...Kevin.

Hi. 2107 is shaping up to be an amazing year for Playstation. I get to play Death Stranding and Knack 2 this year. My question to you is: favorite dish soap? Your toilet paper discussion last week raised some important issues that others are way too afraid to ask (might I recommend Viva paper towels for juice AND butt spills). So I ask you, what's going to get this grease off of these pans?

But sincerely, you guys are great.

Return to “PS I Love You XOXO”