Bioshockingtheworld
Best Friend
PSN: Bazinga_Ak47

PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 10

Jan 06, '17, 2:30pm

Hello you lovely sacks of shit, I have a question for trophy time. Do you guys ever think about hitting 100 platinums? Does it matter to you if you hit it? Do you think you will eventually get there? How confident are you about this milestone or is it even a milestone to you guys at all?

Thank you for all the gaming knowledge and laughs. P.S I Love You long time and Colin keep sucking that dick.
:portilloJoker

ebrito
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: edgar_brito

Re: PS I Love You XOXO Questions | January 10

Jan 06, '17, 4:06pm

Hello Greg and Colin,

I know this question is a little late but it would be great to hear your guys' opinion. PS Plus has been getting hate for its free games from some people. Personally I think they are good games most of the time. Would you be open to the idea of paying more for PS plus ($100 a year $30 for 3 months) if they included PSNow Access? Also instead of doing 2 free PS3 Games they added 2 more games to the Service a month. I would love the idea because I would love the opportunity to play the free PS3 games but don't have my PS3 anymore unfortunately. What do you guys think? Thanks for the laughs and keep up the awesome work.

Ps I Love you... I think we should take this to the next level...

Arrerong
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Arrerong95

Jan 06, '17, 4:37pm

Hi, you beautiful bastardos!

Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden, Europe, the World. I've listened to, and loved you guys since the Beyond-era and will continue listening for a long time.

The reason I'm writing is to hear your thoughts on something I've been wondering about since the TLOU Part 2 announcement.
Why are we talking about it as if it so surely will be a PS4 game? I know that on the conference where it was announced they said that it was running on a PS4, but that, to me, is weird. If we assume that the game has just begun development, and will take many years to finish, isn't it possible, and even likely, that a PS5 launch will have happened before that? Or has the launch of the PS4 Pro postponed a new console with that many years? Personally I would love to have it be a PS5 launch game, having Naughty Dog show off the true power of the new console.

Thanks for all that you do, brightening up boring bus rides, and making me look nerdy in front of my cooler friends.

XOXO

InPopeWeTrust
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: InPopeWeTrust

Jan 06, '17, 7:28pm

You guys have been very negative about Naughty Dog doing a Jak and Daxter game saying it's a waste of talent and resources. After playing Uncharted 4, I want them to make something even BETTER! Smugglers Run! In Madagascar, Nepal, Yemen! Or even BETTER Afrika! Uncharted 4 had great photography options....filters! The next Afrika game needs filters and hashtags!!!

Question: What is a great studio and a great hypothetical game they could bring back that would be a COMPLETE waste of their talent, but still probably better and kind of good?

ponkym
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: JhonBJoker
PSN: JhonBJoker
Steam: ponkym

Jan 07, '17, 12:45am

First,it may be a little long,but its a new year and I gotta take this off my chest.

Hello lovely greg and brave colin[Yes,Look at colin awkwardly and tell him that I want some love <3].

IM SORRY GREG
THIS IS more of a confession,back,like actually 2 years ago,I was following IGN facebook page as my oficial main source of gaming news,a guy that was barely getting started into knowing the English language and gaming deeply enough to understand both,remember being a little disappointed about the sometimes repetitive news(which I understand why now),which lead me one day to sadly join the hate to ign for a little bit,I remember as it was yesterday,saw the photo for promotion of the article and which had greg on it,I wanted to show my disappointment for the issue mentioned earlier,and I pick that article/photo to show it,well,My comment was "You guys really need new crew" not saying "fire greg pls" more of like "hire more people to work and help you to get more news so it won't be so repetitive[yeah,the old me had no idea how things work] and the comment blew up,it became a top comment,you know the hate spreads quicker than love,to make it shorter,Later,maybe months after that I saw that you guys left ign,and the guilt strike was harsh,on my I only thought it was part of my fault,even tho I already know the reasons as you have explained the matter before,but I really,from the center of my heart,ask both of you and the kinda funny team,specifically you greg,I'm sorry,if at some point of your life I took part of that hate,that pain in the arse that I know you guys don't let it get to you,but I couldn't live with this anymore,more to a group of people that make by day by day so better and happy,thanks for your time. PS: I love you guys,forgive me.

woahnowboys
Best Friend

Jan 07, '17, 1:37am

Hi Grol.
I want to submit a game for forgotten game of the week.
It's one that was massively anticipated by hardcore PS3 owners, and when it came out, it didn't seem to make any splash.
The game was hindered by its non-chronological storyline, making it confusing to play for many.
This game is Beyond: Two Souls from Quantic Dream.
Since then, it's been remastered for PS4 with the addition of a chronological mode, and it's excellent. The story in chronological mode is great as you'd expect from Quantic, and the game plays well and is beautiful.
I'd recommend anyone who enjoyed Heavy Rain to download it on PS4, it's cheap as chips on the PSN now, and well worth experiencing.
Love the show, I listen every week.
Keep folding that kiwi.
:kinda :kinda :kinda

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Jan 07, '17, 5:49am

Greetings from the wet, dark and cold European North, more precisely Finland - the land of Housemarque. You're welcome for Stardust, Resogun and Alienation, by the way. ColinApproves

(I have both a question and a forgotten PlayStation game to submit.)

- - - - -

QUESTION

My question concerns your opinions on Trophy lists, and particularly their difficulty in relation to the difficulty of the game proper. There are many games, such as Rogue Legacy, that aren't overwhelmingly difficult by themselves, but attempting to achieve the Platinum Trophy makes them significantly harder - Rogue Legacy, for example, requires you to beat the game with 15 deaths or less.

On the other side of the comparison, there's tougher games like Dark Souls or the aforementioned Resogun, whose gameplay already provides considerable challenge, while their Trophy lists don't make the games themselves harder in any major way, but only encourage the player to be a bit more thorough. In fact, Resogun actually leaves out "obvious" Trophies such as beating Arcade mode on Master difficulty (as you only need to beat one level for the Trophy), indicating that the developers didn't wish the Trophy list to make the game significantly more difficult than it already was.

My question to you is: Do you personally prefer Trophy lists that provide the player with an increased difficulty and additional challenges within the gameplay, or do you like a game that simply rewards a relatively thorough playthrough with a nigh-complete Trophy list, without requiring you to push yourself to beat the game under more difficult conditions, apart from keeping an extra eye out for collectibles etc?

- - - - -

FORGOTTEN PLAYSTATION GAME

I'd like to suggest Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit as a forgotten PlayStation game.

It came out in 2012 on the PS3 among other platforms, and as far as I know, didn't make much of a splash. On a random impulse, I bought it a couple years back, and ended up having a ton of fun with it: It's colorful, simple to play, and filled with dumb humor and ridiculous character designs. Its lighthearted appearance is complemented by metroidvania-esque level design, which allows for this little game to become much bigger and longer if the player chooses to go for all the optional areas.

It also seems like the kind of game that would be right at home on the Vita, if someone just wanted to port it make it into a real game - maybe giving it a damn Platinum Trophy while they're at it.

- - - - -

Thank you for the countless hours of apeshit-crazy entertainment. I hope you are well.
- Markus

ValkyrieX
Unsung Hero
PSN: ValkyrieX

The Last Guardian

Jan 07, '17, 8:08am

Hi Greg & Colin,

Colin, you recently tweeted that TLG was not in the top 20 downloaded games on PSN in December. My question is, do you think Sony knows that TLG was never going to make its money back and that releasing TLG was more of a nice gesture to the fans and an investment on some good will?

Also, what do you think is realistic sales expectations for TLG? You often mentioned in the past that games released by NIS and XSEED that only sell 50,000 copies can be viewed as successes because NIS/XSEED have realistic expectations for them. While TLG isn't as niche as those games, it's also not as AAA as games like Battlefield or Call of Duty. What is the right amount of expectations for a game like TLG?

Thanks,
ValkyrieX

Peach
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 07, '17, 9:08am

Hello Colin and Greg,

After listening to last week's podcast I was excited to hear that Titan Souls made the list of free PS Plus games for January. However, when I visited the PS Plus section on PSN, only Day of the Tentacle Remastered and This War of Mine The Little Ones were present.

I thought maybe I misunderstood you, and decided to check the Game Deals section to see if it was listed as a discounted game. No luck there either.

I only found it using the search function. I wonder how many great games I have missed due to discoverability issues like this.

Why did this happen and what is the best way to communicate issues like this to Sony?

Thank you,
Peach

PS I really appreciate you both, but Colin is my favorite.

Skch16
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Skch1982
PSN: Skch16
NNID: Skch16

Jan 07, '17, 9:56am

Hi Collin and Greg big fan been watching for 8 months now judging wonder big ps vita fan my 64 memory is all used up need to get a new ps vita memory card show I get a new memory card for my other games on ps vita or get ps tv would u recommend ps tv for a ps vita snice day one ps vita came out thanks keep up the great work I have bought games based on your recamondations all the time u have never failed me Steve out from New Jersey

aafcoolman
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: aafcoolman

Jan 07, '17, 4:21pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking my question. I am a first year medical student and upon entering my first year one of the things I was most worried about was not having enough time for games! Luckily by listening to you guys every week during my walk to class it still allows me to keep my passion for games alive. And don't worry, even with all of the studying, cadavers, and exams, I still make sure to squeeze in a little bit of actual gaming here and there.

Every week, I listen to Colin list off all of the new Playstation trophies, and I listen to you guys talk about what platinums you are trying to get next. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I just do not get the whole trophy thing! In fact, I often find that trophies and collectibles can be distracting while playing a game and can take away from the narrative of the story. A particular scene in Uncharted 2 comes to mind when early in the game, Drake escapes that falling train and limps his way through the powdery snow, barely evading death yet again. As you walk through the snow, you can see a small shiny object flickering in the distance. Drake has just been shot, is bleeding out, just escaped a train ride to his death, and all hope seems lost, but you're telling me it makes sense that during this time he is in the state of mind to take a nice detour to collect this shiny amulet? This is just one example, but I find that in order to get all of the trophies in a game, you are often expected to complete similar actions to this that really de-immerse you from the story and drive you away from the narrative.

So here is my question. Why are so many gamers obsessed with trophies? I have found it a lot more enjoyable to just resist the urge to pick up those shiny objects, or kill 100 enemies with a rocket launcher, or whatever the trophy asks for, because it allows me to play the game how I want to play it and stay immersed in the story. What do you think?

Thank you guys for all you do. Oh, and P.S I love you,

Dr. AAFcoolman

zizo
Pure One
PSN: Musriman1

Jan 07, '17, 6:57pm

Hi Grolin!

So quick question, was Rise of the Tomb Raider successful on ps4?

Thanks

-Aziz

Ayanami-chan
Pure One
PSN: davidstubbs

PS2 on PS4

Jan 07, '17, 7:42pm

Whatever happened to the PS2 games on PS4 feature? We've had a pitiful listing of games from an expansive ps2 catalog, and Sony seems to be doing nothing to get more on. Where are the Persona, Ace Combat, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Disgaea or any number of games? I'm willing to pay money for them again to get trophies and to play ones I've never played before, why is Sony playing hard to get with this?

Sincerely Ayanami-chan

DoctorKnuckles
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: DoctorKnuckles
Steam: Doctor Knuckles

Jan 07, '17, 9:00pm

Hey Gregolin (mix of Greg and Colin, not a weird Lord of The Ringsesque name),

Let me start off by saying thank you. You guys are amazing and always make me smile when I watch PS I Love You XOXO!
On to the subject at hand though, I've noticed we (every gamer) don't talk about video game soundtracks all that much. Music is an essential part of the medium (in my opinion) and I can't imagine some games without it. Just try to picture the main menu of Uncharted without the famous theme from Nate. I can't. Playing through the Uncharted series and The Last of Us has made me realize how important music is to the immersion and the experience of a video game. I was wondering how YOU perceive music in video games. Is it good, is it bad, is it necessary, is it a distracting sound? What are your thoughts?

Hope you had a great holiday break, see ya!

P.S. Colin should definitely rap on the Main Menu of the next Mega Man game (just had the chance to watch KDL2)!

- Christophe
"Sure, kid. Let's drift..."

BoroBaker08
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: BoroBaker08

Jan 08, '17, 3:16am

Hey Greg and Colin,

Happy New Year from England!

My questions concern Sword and Sandal, Hack and Slash games.

As a lover of Ancient History, I have been naturally pulled towards this genre as I have grown up. Some of my favourite ever PlayStation games include: Spartan Total Warrior; Shadow of Rome and Colosseum Road to Freedom. They may not be 'classics' but to me they hit the spot.

I was disappointed with Ryse being an Xbox exclusive, as naturally - regardless of how good or bad the game was - this would have been something to enjoy. I am also a little concerned that this type of game is few and far between these days, although I am excited for the latest God of War installment.

So I ask you these:

Do you feel there is a distinct lack of this genre in the PlayStation ecosystem? If so, why?

Do you think any of the above choices stand a chance at being remastered, or can you think of any others I have missed?

Thank you for your show, it always brightens up my Tuesday evening.

- Luke

OnceUponAGamer
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 08, '17, 8:34am

Hi Grolin,

Long time, first time. So my question is: How is the Vita relocation program going? I would really, really like to give a lonely little Vita a loving forever home and appreciate any updates on how many Vitas have been successfully adopted. Knowing how many of these Vitas received new homes will give me hope that one day, I too may be a proud Vita parent. Thanks for all you guys do, keep up the good work.

P.S. I Love Portillo the most

BigDaddyWolf
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 08, '17, 9:56am

Hey guys, Love the show! You're constant praise of the vita has convinced me to spend my hard earned Christmas gift cards on finally obtaining one for myself. I know I know, it's my fault the vita failed (SHAME) just wanted to let you know that I'm really liking gravity rush and addicted to rogue legacy (thank you for recommending this fantastic rogue like) my next endeavor will be the plunge into persona 4 golden, seemingly every one has such high praise for it. Do you guys have any tips and tricks, advice, or anything else I should know about the game? I've never played a persona game, not many jrpgs in general. Anything I should know about the gameplay macanics or story before I dive in?
Thank you so much P.S. I love you guys xoxo

Stewy1080
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 08, '17, 10:12am

Hey guys! Hope everyone is ringing in 2017 the right way! Whatever that may be...

Have been listening to you guys and I heard the top ten Vita games podcast you posted and said I'm going back amd getting another Vita as I enjoyed it as my primary system for quite sometime.

When I went to look at prices and availability however it shocked me to know that searching on various online shops... Ahemm. AMAZON... to find pricing ridiculously outrageous. 400 dollar price point for a standard vita. I could buy a ps4 in stores for cheaper. Now I did find one second hand for a decent price. But is it right for these sellers to charge that much? I know its a little more rare to find one in certain areas of the world. But being from a small town in Nova Scotia, Canada I know that the price seems steep. Even for the Canadian dollar being crap.. What do you guys think?!

MichaelRyan
Best Friend
PSN: MichaelRyanPSN

Jan 08, '17, 11:31am

Hey Grolin!
My first question that was read out on the show was me asking you guys would you ever go back and play The Witcher 3 again.You both said you still think about going back to it.

My second question is do you still think about playing the game?
With so many good games and hopefully good consoles on the horizon :) I know it seems like there's no time but I still hold out hope I will one day get your full opinion upon completing the game and DLCs.

Thanks,
Mike in Shillelagh-land

Coync
Pure One
PSN: Coync

Jan 08, '17, 12:20pm

Hey there Greg and Colin, hope you are both well.

I'm trying to limit my spending on games this year to games that I'm either really excited about, or that I think that I'll actually be able to complete. I never really get to stick to this rule, but IF you were going to limit yourself to buying just ONE game per month for Playstation or PSVita, could you list out the games you're fairly certain would be your picks? (I know that this question isn't so relevant to you because you get the majority of your games sent to you as codes, but I'd find it interesting anyway!)

Thanks for all that you do, and congrats on the recent Kinda Funny Anniversary!

From Alex aka Coync

Return to “PS I Love You XOXO”