Position/Title: Co-founder of The R&M Network
XBL: Austindo140
PSN: mariocartwii140
NNID: Austindo
Steam: Austindo

PSN's Worst Name of the Week

Sep 30, '16, 7:54am

Hey Colin and Greg!
My PSN name, while maybe not a sexual innuendo, is quite terrible. Let me give you some backstory. The year is 2008. I had just received my PSP for my birthday that January. There was one game I was extremely excited for during that wonderful year. What was it, you might ask? Well, Mario Kart Wii of course! As a huge Nintendo fan I was so excited for the game! Long story short, while I was figuring out a username for my brand new PSN account on my PSP, my mind immediately went to the game I was most excited for, Mario Kart Wii. So, what did 12 year old me do? I named my PSN account "Mariocartwii140"

Not only is the name unnecessarily long, I also spelled "Kart" with a C!! Of course, the biggest problem in all of this was I was playing on the PLAYSTATION NETWORK. I'll never forget my days playing online in Gran Turismo 5, in which I was bombarded with remarks such as "Go back to playing Mario Kart," and, "Only babies play Mario Kart." I've stuck with the username ever since. With my level 21 trophy level, and my absurd library of digital games, there's no way I'd ever leave my account behind. Please, Shuhei, let us change our names!

hermanoguy
Best Friend

Re: PSN's Worst Name of the Week

Oct 01, '16, 6:15am

Hi Craig! [I think this ship name is way better than Grolin :) ]

I'd like to submit my own name for worst name of the week. We're going for a walk Colin!

When I was in high school I was kind of an idiot. I made my username A7XJEW, A7X because I loved rock music and the band Avenged Sevenfold, and jew...not because im jewish, but because 17 year old me thought that the word jew was funny. Yes, idiot. This name is the epitome of adolescent immaturity. (In my head I think of a faux rebellious annoying kid that wears too much black. That wasn't me, but it's the cringey aim screen name vibe the name gives me.)

Here's the kicker! This was actually the name that I made for my Xbox Live user name before I even had a PS3. Then in my junior year of college (after listening to you guys on Beyond for 6 months), you convinced me to get a PS3 (black friday 2011). As I got home excited to set up my new PS3 I came to the moment of truth.

Please enter your username. I knew I didn't want to use my awful Xbox Live name, so I sat there for a few seconds thinking. Then I thought, 'Well, I don't want to rush this decision and I've been meaning to pay to change my xbox name as well. I'll just use the same one for now and pay to change them both at the same time when I spend some time thinking about it.'

Ohhhh Doctor I was wrong. I thought, on Xbox it's ten bucks to change your name, OF COURSE you can do the same on PSN. But I tell you what Greg, I tell you what Colin, Shuhei let me down and he let me down bigtime.

Thanks for everything you do and Shuhei, I know this decision is completely in your control and there's nothing else stopping this from happening except for your thirst for control over all things PSN but please, let us change our names ;)

PS I Love You, The Ingenious Ant, and Shuhei

-Spencer

Campos63
Pure One
XBL: Campos63
PSN: AssBeeLonker69
Steam: bigpoppaj63

Oct 02, '16, 5:30pm

Hey Greg, and Colin if he wants to say hi today. I think my PSN name will make a great addition to the Kinda Funny list of worst names. When I got a PS3 for Christmas back in 2008 I was thinking of a PSN name that I'd have forever. My go to was Campos63 as this had been my 360 gamertag for years. Upon realizing this was taken I decided to think outside of the box and ask my brother for recommendations. We agreed to allow him to make the name for me thinking I'd be able to change it like on the Xbox. He grabbed the controller from me and from that moment on I am known as AssBeeLonker69. To this day we have no idea what the meaning behind the name is and laugh at the fact that I have no ability to change it. At times it can even seem embarissing when people ask for my PSN name. So for this I ask, Shuhei let us change our names! As always I love the show and you guys have more of an affect on members of this community than you will ever know.

Joel
Chicago, IL

Kinda!

! Message from: JerriKoe
Picked as PSN's Worst Name of the Week in Ep. 55 at 1:29:30.

Chuck_Guy
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: itschuck1995
NNID: Chooch69
Steam: Chutch Gruy

Oct 04, '16, 10:42am

Greetings!

I am here to submit my own name for Worst Name of the Week. Instead of something funny or silly, my name is just straight up bad. I created it back when I was in middle school (I am 21, and a senior in college now) when I got my PS3 shortly after it had came out. Being the uninventive child I was, the name I submitted and carry to this day is "itschuck1995". That's right. I simply put "its" in front of my name and added my birth year to the end of it. I came up with the idea because I thought it would be funny when someone asked for my PSN name and I said "itschuck1995" but it backfired as it just lead to confusion since everyone thought the "its" was not actually part of my username. I don't expect this to get read on PS I Love You has it doesn't really garnder a laugh but I wanted to share it anyway since it is so objectively bad.

Please Shu, let us change our names.

Chuck aka itschuck1995

Th3Projekt
Best Friend
PSN: A_Dirty_Blak_Man
Steam: projekt_steem

Oct 06, '16, 6:09pm

Hey Guys, I'm pretty sure I have one of the WORST PSN names.
I am literally ashamed to play games online because of how bad my name is.

A_Dirty_Blak_Man.

I was 13 when I first encountered the Playstation Network, and we were reading "To Kill a mockingbird" in English class. I was one of 2 African-American kids in the class, and upon hearing the quote "YOU DIRTY BLACK..." in class, my teacher (Who was reading the book aloud) decided to have a nice long awkward breath, and the entire class turned to look at me.
My response?
"HEY, I'M NOT DIRTY!"
and the class of immature 12 and 13 year olds erupted in laughter.

I am thoroughly surprised I've made it 9 years and not lost my trophies.
FOR THE LOVE OF SHUHEI SHU, LET US CHANGE OUR NAMES.

Th3 Projekt.

! Message from: JerriKoe
Picked as PSN's Worst Name of the Week in Ep. 56 at 1:29:30.
"Be Great"
PC DORKS UNITE

nicolasparis
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Amateur
XBL: NJRP
PSN: nicolasparis
NNID: nicolasparis

Oct 09, '16, 3:41am

Hey guys.

Long-time, first time. I thought I would take you on a short but action-packed ride to this week's PSN worst name. My name is Nick and I live in Paris, and coincidentally is also my last name. Being thousands of miles away from my brother who lives in Singapore, it is difficult to find the time to chat, but when we do we always game. Since he listens to every single episode of PS XOXO, like me, this would be awesome for him to hear our hilarious endeavour. This week, we booted up rocket league only to find one of the best names I have seen. His name... [dramatic pause] is "elementary school sexy boy". That's right. But this isn't the worst part. With a confidence unmatched, we were winning 4-0 until the very last minute where none other than "elementary school sexy boy" not only catches up, but defeated us in overtime. This man is the worst ... but pease Shu, let him change his name. He's probably in sheer agony every time he shares his username with his friends.

Keep up the amazing work, you guys rock.

-nicolasparis

Orpheus
Best Friend
Position/Title: Writer at HardcoreGamer
PSN: l_-Orpheus-_l
Steam: Orpheus206

Oct 11, '16, 2:52pm

Hello Colin and Greg!

So I want to propose my name as the worst name of the week, although it might not be the same kind of awful as they usually are. To tell the whole story we have to go back to the PS3, as well as dive a bit into my psyche. In 2009 I think it was, my sister and I got a PS3 and I decided to call myself Orpheus206 because I am into music and Orpheus is the music guy from Greek mythology, which I also love. I don't know where the '206' came from, but I always hated it. I wanted to just be Orpheus, so when the PS4 rolled around, I decided to abandon my name (and trophies, which I didn't care about at the time) for a new one. It was Christmas day and I was all excited to start playing, so I went through a ton of variations on Orpheus until I came up with this trainwreck: L_-Orpheus-_L

Jesus. I was one of them real dumb kids. I even knew that it would be permanent! I must have really wanted to get rid of those numbers.

Anyway, please Shuhei, let us change our names.

Ya Boi,
Tyler :kinda

DewDurtTea
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Mwindaji
Steam: do_dirty

Oct 14, '16, 7:32am

Hey Colin and Greg,

My PSN name is Mwindaji. Yeah go ahead and try to pronounce that. It's not offensive or anything like that. It's just a bit nonsensical.

I selected my PSN name when I was in a particularly Afro-Centric phase in my life when I selected this name, (I was also playing a lot of WoW.) Mwindaji is Swahili for "Hunter". Do I speak Swahili you ask? No. Do I even know anyone who does? No. Do you want to learn Swahili you ask? No.

So I'm stuck with this PSN name which no one can pronounce. For the love of god Shuhei please let us change or names.

largestwag
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: largestWAG

Oct 14, '16, 7:55pm

Hi Colin and Greg!

Long time, first time. While I have an intense dislike for my own PSN name (which was made after a Will and Grace marathon, not realising WAG stands for wives and girlfriends of athletes making me seem like a creep) I came home today to find my partner finishing up a Destiny session and decoding some engrams at the tower.

When I glanced at the TV, I was rather surprised to see another Destiny player hanging out in the tower with a rather unusual PSN name.

This players PSN name was WrecktalFissure. I don't think a lot more needs to be said.

https://goo.gl/photos/cePgFt83GsukqhLY8

Please Shuhei, let us change our names.

Andrew from Australia - Oi

Emilyk22
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Oct 15, '16, 5:51pm

Hey Guys,

Finally found a low key weekend to play through Journey (What a magnificent game). Nearing the end a buddy enters and we team up to complete the final 20 minutes or so of the game. At the end while the credits roll, I wonder who that other player was. Then it flashes on the screen: Frostybawls334. Slightly appropriate since we were hiking up that snowy mountain.

Love what you guys do
Emily

verysuperjamous
Best Friend
XBL: ObiWanPotato27
PSN: ObiWanPotato27

Oct 17, '16, 10:59am

Hey Colin and Greg,

I have been waiting to submit this one for awhile, as I dislike my name greatly, though it isn't your typical vulgar name. Additionally, this was also my XBox Live name first. Back in 2010 when my parents finally allowed me to have a 360 (I was so ignorant) I was struck with the question of what my online name should be. I have always hated coming up with online names and character names in RPGs and my cousin was there so I asked him what he thought. He had a great sense of humor, though sometimes odd, but I was prepared to let him make the call. He suggested "ObiWanPotato" for whatever reason (he enjoyed random humor) and it made me chuckle so I used it. When it came time to make my PSN account I used it again for the sake of continuity. Why is this so bad you might ask? Well, I'm sick of it 6 years later and I was not back than nor have I ever been a Star Wars fan (something I already get enough hate for without people knowing the name). It's such a stupid name and it's tied to something I am indifferent towards. For the love of GOD Shu, let us change our names!!

Thanks for all you do.

XOXO,

James aka ObiWanPotato27 :(

I_Am_Jonny_Quest
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: I_Am_Jonny_Quest

Oct 18, '16, 2:17pm

Sup fellas. Have I got a doozy for you.

When I created my PSN profile I struggled to find a username because I detest having numbers in it. Eventually I saddled down with I_Am_Jonny_Quest. Not only is it a mouthful and a pain to type out, I am not in fact Jonny Quest. My username is based off of an incredibly racist cartoon from the sixties. It features hits like "damn dirty heathens" and in one episode the titular character rolls a gong down a staircase into some Asian goons and yells out "Here comes the oriental express." So not only am I a little blonde haired devil I've had to deal with it from people in real life too. My friends heard it and almost immediately called me Jonny Questicles and that nickname has survived to this day. I am addressed as Questicles in public. Shuhei, man, help me the fuck out. I don't wanna be a racist set of testicles anymore. Let me, and I guess other people, change our names.

Thanks for your time. I enjoy all the content y'all put out.

Jonny Quest, for now and apparently always.

iNomNomAwesome
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Oct 18, '16, 11:29pm

Hey guys, I've been listening to you for years, but this is my first time writing in.

My current PSN name is iNomNomAwesome, but that's not the name I'm submitting. Neither am I submitting my previous PSN account that got banned for the name "EatUrCrap".

Bear with me here, but the actual names I want to submit are the names I used to use on Xbox 360. Every time someone reported me for my "inappropriate" name, Xbox made me change my name. I went through nearly 20 names before they permanently banned me.

Examples of my banned names included:

EatUrCrap
DrinkUrPiss
DontLickMeThere
ScrotumHairFTW
YumScrotumHair
ScrotumBumpsFTW
TwistMyTitties
iTangledMyBalls
iTongueJuicyVag
iTongueTitties
iHaveGreatBalls
MyPinkYourAss (This name got reported and I had to change after less than an hour!)
MyPeePeeYourAss

But hey, at least Xbox gave me plenty of chances to change my evil ways. I never learned. I've always wanted to submit for this segment, so hopefully being on Xbox doesn't disqualify me.

P.S. To demonstrate my current PlayStation devotion, I have 38 Platinums.

TrainReqed
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: TrainReqed
PSN: TrainReqed

Oct 27, '16, 7:04pm

Hey guys,

Dave Chappelle was and still is my favorite comedian. He had the funniest show on T.V. while I was in college and my friends and I would quote him every chance we had. One show he did a bit about how white people didn't know what skeet meant in a Lil John song. He kept screaming "Awww Skeet Skeet Skeet" and we would lose it. We quoted it so much that we started rhyming anything we could with skeet. High heat wall street snow and sleet on my feet skeet skeet skeet. Turns out I got my PS3 around this time. My PS id is "Skeetonmyfeet." Apparently Playstation doesn't know what skeet is either. Please Shu a 32 year old man doesn't want "Skeetonmyfeet."

Thanks guys,

Steve

PS I set up a new email account just to change my id years ago. But I checked, Skeetonmyfeet is still active.

DCD328
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Oct 28, '16, 1:25pm

Hello Colin and Greg and greetings from Northern Illinois (Go CUBS!!),

Due to some controversy in our country, I'd like to submit my own username for "Worst Name of the Week". I've never been very good at picking usernames. I'll usually stew over it for a few hours before pickings something that I'll realize not too long after is pretty lame. That being said, I KNEW at the time of creation that Sony doesn't allow you to change your name and that I would be stuck with my choice till the end of time. So, I thought, lets just go with something generic that will never be embarrassing if I have to tell my co-workers or call into a help desk. Lets just go with my name and initials. Thus "DonaldCD3" was born! (Donald C. D., 3rd of my name) Not very original I know but it's always worked for my purposes up until the last 6 months or so. Now, on the rare occasions that I log in to play a multi-player game (mostly rocket league), I am all too often finding myself berated for being a Trump supporter, and have even had my "teammates" start playing for the other team against me on MULTIPLE occasions! This has mostly turned me off from playing online multiplayer games for the time being. I'm hoping most of it will blow over after the election, but I'm not holding my breath. Let this be a reminder to all, that none of us are safe.

Please Shu, let us change our names. And thanks a lot Trump, for dragging my family name through the mud.

Thanks guys,

Donald

agw1caveman
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: agw1caveman

Oct 30, '16, 4:00pm

I was playing Titan Fall 2 and came across this name in a match, thankfully on the enemy team which gave me the opportunity to shoot them in the face for having such a terrible name. V1RG1N__KI11ER or what I assume to be "Virgin Killer"
I put the post game scoreboard on imgur for all to see. http://imgur.com/lUxGfDb

JDay-MIZ
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Misocainea

Oct 31, '16, 6:46am

Greetings from the great city of Columbia, MO (MIZ!),

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), my PSN name is pretty safe. However, I've run into a few that absolutely kill me. While playing a few late night rounds of Overwatch with my friends, we ran into a team of exceptional PSN names. The best among them? ButtChugChamp420 and Maximum_Dong. Maximum_Dong got play of the game, and I'm still laughing about it.

Shuhei, PLEASE let these guys rectify a major error.

- Jesse

EKokosinski
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Nov 04, '16, 9:45am

While I've been listening and following the show for only a short time (April-May 2016) I've often wondered if I qualified for the PSN Worst Name of the Week. I've always been iffy on it, but the pressure of making a name in High School all those years ago as well as having established to my friends that this is in fact, my username (plus laziness), I could only come up with and keep nemi32000 for the past 16 years. Nemi and the 3, because at the time, Resident Evil 3 was what my teenage brain was obsessed over - (I mean that crop top and skirt, plus zombies!? COME ON!) and the 2000, well, because it was the year 2000. If only there was a way I could just change my name permanently to my actual name, so I could be an adult online and not hide behind this anonymous username.

Please, Shuhei, let us change our names!

Eddie

BigChief01
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: BigChief01

Nov 06, '16, 1:59am

Hi Greg and Colin

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia.

While not so bad at first glance, I feel my PSN ID (BigChief01) qualifies for Worst Name of the Week on account of its back story and the awkwardness it now causes me whenever sharing my ID with someone I've met in real life.

Giving it little thought at the time of picking up a PS3 shortly after launch, my PSN ID is actually named after my aunt's cat, who my brother and I affectionately nicknamed Big Chief given she was quite the unit. It was an account that we both used in the early days of the PS3, but with the introduction of trophies and the pride that came with grinding out some particularly tough trophies in Wipe Out HD, the account became my own.

Now, this name wouldn't be a problem for most, but I am anything but a Big Chief. Weighing in at about 58 kilos (127 pounds), I'm more regularly compared to a rake than anything that the name Big Chief might conjure up in one's mind, as is clear from the bemused looks of co-workers or family-in-law when they first hear or see my ID. This is only made worse by the fact that a couple of my friends are indeed nicknamed Big Chief in real life - much more appropriately given that are both hulking gym junkies.

The attachment I feel to my first platinum trophy in Little Big Planet, hard won platinums in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne, and various others earned over the years mean I can't possibly bring myself to walk away from this PSN ID... but how I long for the day that I can exchange names with a new friend without wishing I had made a wiser choice all those years ago (or spent more time pumping iron instead of playing video games).

Please Shuhei, let us change our names!

Mavviehue
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Nov 08, '16, 7:23am

Hello Greg, Hello Colin,

Greetings from Manchester, England. I'm a long time listener first time writer-inner.

I'd like to submit my daughters PSN name as worst name dad of the week.

Quick back story. I have 3 children all of whom enjoy playing the PS3 now PS4 from time to time. My son (6) and I enjoy FIFA and LEGO games, whilst my daughters (twins 12) enjoy minecraft, LEGO and Disney infinity.

A while back I created them all sub accounts so they could start collecting trophies for themselves and not just play as a guest or on my account. This is where my troubles began!

I decided to create them all a PSN name that followed with my wife and I's nicknames for them so my eldest daughter became "TheTitchy" and my son "TheGreatGoobian" (decent PSN names I thought) all was good so far.... it was the younger twin that caused an issue when I (and only me to blame here) miss-spelt her nickname BeanyBobbly and forever named her "BeanyBoobly".

I think she was 10 when I made the mistake and Boobs hadn't come in to the equation yet. I know that she can upgrade her account from a sub to a main when she is 18 and keep her trophies but please Shuhei let me change just 1 letter in her name so she doesn't have to go through childhood with Boob in her name!!

Mavviehue (pronounced like Matthew but with "vv" instead of "tt").

PS I LOVE YOU AND YOUR WORK (but not Shuhei until he changes the rules)