TisLevi
Portillo's Mouth Noises

PSN's Worst Name of the Week

Nov 29, '16, 5:29pm

My worst name is a story of what almost was, and what would ultimately be the end of an era..
Me and my friends were all big Xbox 360 gamers and a few of us were known for having some pretty disgusting names. One so much, that he was required to change it 9 times! We had a lot of laughs with others' reactions, but when ps4 came out i had a decision to make; keep this filth train rolling, or grow up. My friends had stuck with xbox so i was on my own in this generation and after finding out name changes weren't possible, i made the right decision. So the sun set on the glory days me and of my friends: ronchy4skin, ronchybutthole, and myself - SheBush.

Ghee Buttersnaps
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: TheATrain1025
PSN: MC_CIapYoHandz

Dec 02, '16, 11:13am

I'm sure we've all been online and seen names we laugh at and then ultimately forget. The other night I was on the trusty PS4 playing Overwatch when I come across a fellow playing a healer which is not uncommon...and then I saw his name. The_Boy_Diddler. Yes. The Boy Diddler. That's a great big ol' red flag if you ask me, but I thought I'd share with the world.

Samwise2000
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Dec 03, '16, 8:34pm

Hey Greg and Colin!

Back in the year 2010, I purchased a Playstation 3 console for the first time. Being in the sixth grade, I was incredibly naive, and didn't think about how words can have other connotations. When I created my PSN user name, I wanted to make something related to cats since I used to love them so much. The name I created was "mrpuss19", and the name haunts me to this very day. I am too scared to tell people my PSN now for fear of them thinking I am some sort of pervert! I don't want to change my account since I already have gained a plethora of trophies over the years, so for now I must live with this tragic username, as I am sure it will haunt me for years to come.

Have a nice week guys!
Sincerely,
Sam

Zenbloke
Best Friend
PSN: dwtksw

Dec 04, '16, 7:18am

Hey best friends let all spam the Twitch chat later with #NameChangeNow tell your friends let's get Sony to hear us

John Vuojolainen
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: JohnVuojo
PSN: tetraninja321

Dec 05, '16, 5:30am

Hey Greg and Colin(you don't have to wait for him to respond).

I'm John from the rainy country some call 'Finland' and my PSN name is 'tetraninja321'. You might think it isn't that bad, but you'd be wrong, as it isn't fun to constantly get friend requests and messages from randos, who think I'm a youtuber with 1.4 million subscribers. I obviously wasn't aware of his existence, when I picked my name back in 2012, but as soon as I started playing multiplayer games, people started telling me how much they liked my videos, even though my channel sucks. It was then that I realized they thought I was an asian guy living in Canada, even though it clearly says 'I'm a gamer/songwriter from Finland' on my PSN profile. It hasn't been all bad, though. I actually met my best(and only) friend, when he too thought that I was a famous youtuber. Unlike everyone else, though, he actually wanted to be my friend after I told him that I wasn't who he thought I was. He probably noticed how cool I was.

So, please Shuhei, let us change our names!

tavosansal
Best Friend

Dec 06, '16, 2:38pm

Hey guys... I will keep it short.

My wife was playing the new Battlefront DLC while I was working. I happened to glance at the TV when I saw that she was killed by 'McNutSack31'. This made me laugh uncontrollably until I cried. I thought it was pretty funny.

Anyways....please Shuhei, PLEASE let us change our names.

Gustavo

One_Can_Dan
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: danielleewilson

Dec 09, '16, 5:15pm

Hey Greg and Colin,

My PSN name isn't one that anyone would normally even take a second glance at, but to this day it haunts me. Back when I got my first PSP to get me through another wet British (OI) summer, my 16 year old self was too busy imagining all the fun I was going to have playing on my new machine to waste any thought space thinking up a name for my PSN account, so I did the obvious, and literally used my own name.

"There is no way your name is embarrassing enough that you would need to change your PSN ID!" I hear you cry, and normally you would be right.

Daniel Lee Wilson; you can't make anything crude or funny out of that - until you put all the words together

Danielleewilson

Looks an awful lot like Danielle.

Now I generally have very little interest what gender people on the other side of the world think I am, but there is a select group of thirsty teenage boys out there who strive to get their very own gamer girl, so as soon as they see the name Danielle, they jump into the messenger and try their luck. Here is a link to one such conversation: http://iob.imgur.com/uYGg/2NY5qL4JYy

While all the attention does give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, I think its about time I stopped catfishing the population of PSN.

So please Shuhei - let us change our names.

Wes
Best Friend
PSN: Wesley-Sigma

Re: PSN's Worst Name of the Week

Dec 10, '16, 2:28pm

Hello, Greg and Colin.

So, I have a funny PSN username to share. During PS+ of January of this year, one of the games offered was Hardware: Rivals (which was awful, don't ever play it) and two of my friends and I were trying to Platinum it. We learned that one of the trophies is beating your friends' leaderboard score. So my friend makes a different PSN account in order to quickly boost for this trophy -- and his name was 'CuckleberryFinn'.

However, we didn't know that he had the idea to make a new PSN-ID and we both got a friend request saying 'CuckleberryFinn would like to be your friend'. It was an uncomfortable but hilarious username, as it references the 'cuckold' fetish, which is watching your partner getting fucked in front of you by a different person.

Also -- both friends involved listen to this show, so it would be a nice surprise if this was selected! :kinda
「NON-STOP ACTION!」

Irresistible_p
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Dec 15, '16, 8:06am

My worst PSN name of the week is saddly my own! The story is this. When I got my Ps4 (day one) I had to make a new account because I had forgotten the information for my Ps+. So over the past few years I've earned a few different nicknames (pretty unique I feel) such as Medium P, P Ness, P Nestrul, Irresistible P etc. As I type in all of these names in various different ways it seems as if they're all taken! So it's now 1am. The 1st day of the Ps4 release, and I still have yet to get on due to not choosing a name yet. So in a fit of rage thinking "I could just change my name later." I type IwillPhukU. IwillPhukU is my name on PSN... It was funny at first but now it's just annoying to see. PLEASE ALLOW US TO CHANGE OUR NAMES!!!!!

P.S my initials are P.S

Gregfan69
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Dec 17, '16, 3:49pm

Hello Creg and Gollin, recently I was using the social media platform we all know and love: Instagram. I was scrolling through it minding my own business before being assaulted by a truly terrible PSN name. Someone I graduated high school with had posted a picture of his newly purchased PS4 system. Alongside this photo was a comment instructing everyone to add his PSN account: LimpBizkitDid911. My only question is why? Why would someone make such a terrible name? Especially when Shuhei will not allow us to change our sins of the past?

RoseTheQueen
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Dec 21, '16, 10:16am

Greeting's Colin and Greg

Now we all know the infuriating naming issues on PSN, namely that none exist to change the original name no matter how awful it truly may be without being forced by Sony itself. While this may not seem like the worst at all it will all become clear how much of a naming clusterfuck and how deep this rabbit hole goes.

The year of the ps3 release my dad had one imported early so that we could get in on the ground floor for the first time in a consoles history for our household. While he mainly wanted it for the blu-ray player I was more than a tad excited to get into the next gen as soon as possible. Due to me being barely 7 at the time my dad created the account under his name, with us both believing that of course I could change it down the line I mean, it would be stupid if not (Que past me being an optimistic fuck).

As a result my account was named "waynefalcon" after my aforementioned father. And it was a bit annoying going around with another persons name and especially confusing when people would say the name in an online game but it was bearable. Cut to the summer holidays of 2014, fresh out of high school about to start college when I came out as transgender to my friends and have been going by Rose ever since. And so now i am stuck with not only the wrong name but a very very assumed male name that brings no manner of confusion and drama when i talk to people online.

Ever since I have prayed to the playstation god, one in particular, that they may show me mercy and unfuck just how awful and annoying this name is on a personal level, one day they will be merciful, but today is not that day.

RyGuy1984
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: RyCatIs23

Dec 22, '16, 11:04am

Not sure if this is also the thread that also asks Sony for us to finally change our usernames, but I hope it is, because I'd really like to change my username. Back in 2012, I registered my username online as RyCatIs23, an amalgamation of my name, my wife's name, and my son's name. However, back in July, she decided to ask for a divorce and has since turned into a complete bitch to me. So please, in order to avoid the pain of seeing her name, please let us change our usernames. Thank you.

usernameregret
Best Friend

Dec 27, '16, 5:33pm

Hey Colin and Greg

I'm glad to know that both of you aren't orphans. Like any sensible guy, I don't like minorities. Their very existence burns my soul to know that I can't exterminate every single one of them. Most people don't know it or won't accept it, but orphans make up 95.75% of the population. Because of this, I named myself

get fucked orphans (getfueckedorphans because I had to pass the profanity filter somehow).

Honestly it was a hard choice between this and

cumeatbreakfastchild

Unfortunately I couldn't fit this into the character limit and removing breakfast from the name took something away from it; also I didn't really want to get arrested due to suspicions of being a pedophile, but hey, we've all been there.

#Fight the hate. Fight the scum.

usernameregret
Last edited by usernameregret on Dec 30, '16, 11:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

charbtronic
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Agent Xero
PSN: Charbtronic

Dec 30, '16, 6:49am

Hey Colin and Greg,

First time, long time...

So I just started a new job and the other day I was talking about video games with the guy who sits next to me and he told me the story of how he got his current psn name.

When the PS3 came out long ago, he bought one early on and created his initial account. He mostly played Call of Duty online at the time, never had an issue with it. Couple years later, his name was reported after playing a game of MLB the Show and his account was locked out. He had to call playstation support to fix it. The call support asked what his name was, and he responded "VagPunisher"

He loved having this name. He recalls hearing his friend's girlfriends on the mic asking "Who's the VagPunisher?" and he would respond "Yeah let her and all her friends know ;)"

Support forced him to change his account name, and not knowing that he could change it again on his own, he came up with a generic name, Colin might like this one, "Patriots4_", which he now regrets choosing.

PLEASE SHUHEI LET US CHANGE OUR NAMES

Thanks guys and keep up the good work

Renzokuken
Best Friend
XBL: LeonheartPride
PSN: bbswarrior_11

Jan 03, '17, 1:07pm

Hi Greg and Colin, (wait for Colin to say Hi)

So I was playing TLOU mp the other day, as I´ve been doing regularly cause it´s such an awesome mp, and throught out a few matches I ended up playing with what I assume is a lovely individual named "TuViejaEnTangaX5" (Tu vieja en tanga), which basically translates to "Your old woman (aka your mom) in a G-string/thong". Definitely not the most outrageous one I´ve seen or heard but it provided me with a few chuckles while playing.

Please, Shuhei, let us change our names.

All the best from the middle of Patagonia, Argentina.

ryanbowes
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: RyanGaga22

Jan 05, '17, 1:32pm

Greetings and salutations Grolin,

First time, long time. When I was gifted my PS3 in late 2009 at the ripe and flexible age of 13 (which is also the same year I began listening to your lovely faces on Podcast Beyond), I was very much into one of the greatest British rock bands in music history, Queen. A particular favourite song of mine was "Radio Gaga," and as such, I decided to honour this incredible song with my username: RyanGaga22. Now this may not seem like too much of a big deal, but as 2010 rolled around, a new pop sensation crowded the radios. That is, the one and only, Lady Gaga. Now, I've come to like Miss Gaga quite a bit - I've even seen her in concert! - however, the name has not been kind to me when playing multiplayer online or with friends. I often get mocked for the name, with friends IRL or online singing "Ra ra ra aaa, Gaga ooh la la" or "Pa-pa-pa-poker face" at me amidst laughter. While I don't mind it to much, I would love to be able to change my name to my current username on most places: "boweslightyear." I think that pun is much better.

Please Shu, let us change our names.

Thank you for brightening up my life for the past 8 years, sending love from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Nickgasm Nickgasm Nickgasm

10Changs
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 06, '17, 1:53pm

Hi G&C - Long time listener. Happy New Year to you both. I would like to submit my old username for Worst PSN name of the week. It is my old one because I created a new one (since I couldn't simply change it). That username is aznsxyboy. I created it when I was a young and sexy asian boy. Many referred to me as an Adonis. Women used to look at me like I was a piece of meat. 'Hey my eyes are up here!' Alas, I am now an old, non sexy man. I am now a father of two young boys, and I'm rocking an awesome dadbod. I am still asian, so that hasn't changed. I assume Shuhei was a young and sexy asian once also, so he should want to help a brother out.

TheSisterFister
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 06, '17, 5:27pm

Hey guys,

Long time, first time.

But I have to say, I have a bit of a problem here...Every week, as I listen to the pod whilst working away, I hear these bad PSN names and I can't help but think to myself "I can beat these names!"

The difference, however, between mine and all the other names is that after that account got banned because it was deemed "inappropriate", I was completely devastated.

The name was.....TheSisterFister14

Except the way I really had to spell it was "TheSisterFistr14". Which basically told me that there was at least one other person out there with the same name since I had to spell it in such a ridiculous way.

I have since had to rename my account "RagedPineapple" which is okay I suppose. But nothing will ever beat the beloved SisterFister.

Love the show, love you guys, love fisting sisters

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Jan 07, '17, 7:33am

My PSN name isn't nearly as bad or offensive as many of those we've seen so far, but I thought I'd drop it in here for evaluation as well - and as an additional signature to the petition to Shuhei to let us change our usernames.

The name is Night-MareW - sounds pretty ok, right? Well, I thought I was being clever by using the nickname "Night-Mare" on the Internet when I was a bit younger, as it's based on my real-life nickname "Mare", (pronounced more like [ma-ray] in Finnish), short for Markus. Being from Finland, and despite my pretty good language skills, what I didn't realize was that a mare is a female horse, and the dash between "night" and "mare" sort of makes it look like I'm emphasizing the fact that the name is indeed hinting at a female horse.

As I was registering my account, the name "Night-Mare" was unsurprisingly taken, so I had to pick a different one. I've never been a fan of adding numbers to usernames, so what I did was add a "W" to the end instead. What does the "W" stand for, you ask? Well, if you figure that out, you tell me. I have no fucking clue what "W" is for, or where it came from.

So what I ended up with was a PSN name with implications of a female horse, and a random-ass capital letter at the end whose meaning completely eludes me.

For the love of God, Shu, let us change our PSN names.

Hoopy91
Best Friend

Jan 10, '17, 6:28am

This is more of a story how I got my name it's not a terrible name to be honest I'm completely indifferent to it.

When PS3 came out I was 15 so my dad set up the psn profile and used his name as he does for everything. MIGHTYGIB. (Our surname is Gibson)
We didn't really know what the master account/sub account was all about at the time so jut went with that.

Then my dad got his own PS3. With his name already in use by me he decided to call himself. THEMIGHTIERGIB.

These aren't bad names and certainly not the worst you've had on psiloveyouxoxo but just a little origin story of how mightygib came to be.

I have no idea what I would change my name to.....but it would sure be nice to think about it.......

Return to “Kinda Funny Games”