Jan 10, '17, 8:38pm

I'd love a Vita

Tate
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: supervegeta566
PSN: supervegeta566

The Vita Relocation Program

Jan 10, '17, 9:59pm

Recently heard about the program and I thought I'd put in a request as to why I could and could've used one.

Back in August I suffered a cut on the bottom of my right foot which manifested into a blood infection and unfortunately in early September it was decided amputation was needed after scans showed the infection got into the bone. I had a BKA *Below knee amputation* and was released three days later. Unfortunately I suffered many setbacks due to nonstop bleeding leading to multiple hospitalizations. So much so I spent around 85% of October in the hospital. Between late September and early November I've had at least 45 blood transfusions and three surgical revisions. Plus cat scans, blood test, and MRIs to try to find the cause. There was even consideration to send me to Duke, eww, or Wake Forest. Seeing as my stump bled enough from time to time to supply a Quentin Tarantino movie, obviously nothing was healing. It was finally decided in mid November that another amputation would be needed. So on November 19th I had a AKA *Above knee amputation*. Luckily I was released in time for Thanksgiving and my sanity. December went so much better, minus the butcher knife-like pain, and everything is healing up nicely. I'm now in the process of getting a prosthetic within the next few weeks and hope to be walking again by my 31st birthday in March. It's crazy how sane and positive I've remained during this ordeal. So much so that I'm surprised no one has accused me of lying. However I miss my knee a thousand times more than I miss my foot. I never felt disabled after my first amputation but definitely felt like I was after my second amputation. Losing a knee is so much more crucial than losing a foot. I could have definitely used a Vita while hospitalized and could still use one as I have always wanted one but just never bit. I even have a Vita games Amazon list since forever. I've been able to get a lot of gaming done recently since I'm wheelchair bound at the moment plus I have a cute bunny to accompany from time to time, that belongs to my lil sister. And now I'm just trying to start 2017 off on the right foot <.< >.>

You guys aren't being Catfished *or shall I say Vitafished? * Obviously I would have plenty of proof. As a long time listener to Beyond and PSILYXOXO I figured hey why not throw my foot into the Vita ring.

Tafmaet
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 10, '17, 10:46pm

I am a former member of the Xbox 360 "in crowd" and also got duped into believing that Xbox One was a "good idea". I mean with all its features, it's all I would ever need in my entertainment system. Boy was I wrong! My wife brought me into the light of PS4 with a game that had almost broken me as a man and a new owner of the PS4, Bloodborne. It took its toll on me but with the help of THE PRIDE, I pushed through. I can now say I am a PS fanboy! Sadly, I have not gotten a PS Vita and after listening to episode 69 of PS I Love You, I believe it is time. Please consider my home to be a safe haven for a PS Vita. A place free from judgement, criticism and harassment. A place a lot like where college students can now go to sip on a latte and attempt to think existentially. I can soothe it's worn soul back into the work of art that it is. Thank you for all your work in this endeavor!

dtv20
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Not yet ;]
NNID: lol nintendo

Jan 10, '17, 11:01pm

Hello
I had a vita back in the day of yore, but sadly had to sell it because i needed the money and just wasn't using it enough to keep it at the time. But now I'm stable and in college to become a 3d modeler for games (hopefully), and i have a long commute everyday and would love for something to fill that time. I already have some vita games and would love to play more. I can't go through life knowing that i missed that one adventure with Drake.

Hayden potato
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: potato453

Jan 10, '17, 11:05pm

Hello, i'm in need for a handheld. I live in a really small town and there is nothing to do here. So me and my family usually go to this other town to do watch movies, hang out at the mall etc.
This other town is 45 minutes away so I have to endure long car rides nearly every month. I would get a 3ds but none of those games speak to me. I'm a huge PlayStation fan and I think yo sold me on the hand held. I would love to adopt, play and take care of a vita.

TheJRocker
Pure One
PSN: BOODWarrior

Jan 10, '17, 11:41pm

I would like a PS Vita! My name is Josh Barron and would like to play many games on Vita but do not have much mooolaaaaa. Thank you. Love you guys.
Big girls do cry because I make them!
Twitter: @TheRealJrocker
PSN: BOODWarrior

Rasen_Blue
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Re: The Vita Relocation Program

Jan 11, '17, 12:12am

I just Made an account, and don't want to sound greedy, but I would really like a Vita. I'm starting second year of university and don't have much money to pay for to many game related items during the year, but would really like a Vita for the trips to and from Uni. Thanks for the consideration guys.

BaconBastrd
Best Friend
PSN: BaconBastrd
NNID: BaconBastrd
Steam: BaconBastrd

Jan 11, '17, 1:17am

I know I have no chance at this point, but I sure would love all those JRPGs right now. A little Persona 4 Golden Shower? (It's topical. No, don't look it up. Trust me.).

Notice me senpai!

No Gods, No Masters

@EricMBacon
@BaconBastrd

KindiZZle001
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Gaming Enthusiast @ Home
XBL: KindiZZle001
PSN: KindiZZle001

Jan 11, '17, 2:18am

Have had 2 Vitas. One stolen and one took a big dump in my lap just like my cat did when I picked him up from cat sitter when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in WA. I know I would give one of these Vitas a loving home. Since having my daughter I haven't been able to game on my ps4 pro as much as I've wanted to lately, but I have noticed more than a 2 and a half handfuls of times that a vita would of come in handy to get my gaming in. Having a newborn I really can't afford to go buy a new vita shamefully. If you deem me not worthy for one of these orphan Vitas I'm sure I could afford to pay a penny a day to feed one of them until a loving home is found. Thanks for your time.

vitzpatel
Shadow Boxer
PSN: vitz1985

Jan 11, '17, 2:57am

Tate wrote:Recently heard about the program and I thought I'd put in a request as to why I could and could've used one.

Back in August I suffered a cut on the bottom of my right foot which manifested into a blood infection and unfortunately in early September it was decided amputation was needed after scans showed the infection got into the bone. I had a BKA *Below knee amputation* and was released three days later. Unfortunately I suffered many setbacks due to nonstop bleeding leading to multiple hospitalizations. So much so I spent around 85% of October in the hospital. Between late September and early November I've had at least 45 blood transfusions and three surgical revisions. Plus cat scans, blood test, and MRIs to try to find the cause. There was even consideration to send me to Duke, eww, or Wake Forest. Seeing as my stump bled enough from time to time to supply a Quentin Tarantino movie, obviously nothing was healing. It was finally decided in mid November that another amputation would be needed. So on November 19th I had a AKA *Above knee amputation*. Luckily I was released in time for Thanksgiving and my sanity. December went so much better, minus the butcher knife-like pain, and everything is healing up nicely. I'm now in the process of getting a prosthetic within the next few weeks and hope to be walking again by my 31st birthday in March. It's crazy how sane and positive I've remained during this ordeal. So much so that I'm surprised no one has accused me of lying. However I miss my knee a thousand times more than I miss my foot. I never felt disabled after my first amputation but definitely felt like I was after my second amputation. Losing a knee is so much more crucial than losing a foot. I could have definitely used a Vita while hospitalized and could still use one as I have always wanted one but just never bit. I even have a Vita games Amazon list since forever. I've been able to get a lot of gaming done recently since I'm wheelchair bound at the moment plus I have a cute bunny to accompany from time to time, that belongs to my lil sister. And now I'm just trying to start 2017 off on the right foot <.< >.>

You guys aren't being Catfished *or shall I say Vitafished? * Obviously I would have plenty of proof. As a long time listener to Beyond and PSILYXOXO I figured hey why not throw my foot into the Vita ring.

Having just gone through my 32nd birthday, reading this just makes me appreciate even more just how lucky I am to have my health, never mind all the other amazing things in my life.

Hope that 2017 goes a whole lot better for you and that you take to your new prosthetic like a duck to water. Can't even begin to imagine what losing a limb must be like, but I admire your resolve and how you have managed to stay sane (well, as sane as it's possible to be after watching Greg getting his back waxed - it changed me, and I fully admit to losing my marbles back in 2003).

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope that you're a recipient of the Vita Relocation Program.

:kinda

Edited - Because sometime I write like Kevin Coello Tweets... portilloKevin
Last edited by vitzpatel on Jan 11, '17, 8:12am, edited 1 time in total.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

Lune
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Luneone1

Jan 11, '17, 4:43am

First things first Ps i love you xoxo ep 69 brought me here. I
would love a ps vita. I work delivering medicine in nyc so im always riding the train for 40 to 1 hour and i have gotten tired of listening to music. I loved the idea of vita but it was to expensive on the memory side and i did make an account just to sign up to adopt a vita. Thank you guys and i been listening since the beyond days.
BEYOND!!!

Gunner recaII
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Gunn3errecaII

Jan 11, '17, 5:41am

GregShower I'd adopt a forgotten vita. Working in the ambulance service there is many a time when i am stuck in the vehicle in the middle of nowhere waiting for the next emergency.. A vita would be a great addition on those cold lonely nights.

PS love the show, only discovered is a few months ago where have you been my entire life.

Sandwhich_king89
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: No
XBL: None
PSN: Sandwhich_King89
NNID: Jcnets0506

Jan 11, '17, 5:43am

Being a fan of playstation since the beginning of time. Of my time, of my existence. I shall not change over to other platforms....but of course I have bought them when they are cheap and not with my own money (thanks pops). Now I am older and married and working in the school system of North Carolina and as everybody knows, we dont get paid much for what we do in the schools. I am in charge of In school suspension (I wear many hats of position at work) and talk to them to make grear choices in life because if you dont, well...it will be a rough and bumpy ride. But on my spare time I talkes to them about games and fill there minds with gaming knowledge. One piece of knowledge I am lacking is...sadly...THE VITA!!!....Know a days is tough out there to pay for consoles so I would love to own and adopt one of these precious vitas and my home would be prefect....just perfect. Btw, love the kinda funy crew and kevin is the best when he laughes loud and off camera lol

GeoffreyOrtiz
Best Friend
XBL: Awol Joff

Jan 11, '17, 5:46am

I could definitely use a vita! I have never owned a Play Station console but PS I Love You is one of my favorite podcasts shows. I would love to be able to play some of the games that people have been raving about for decades.
Geoffrey Ortiz AKA Awol Joff (Xbox Tag)

Bmontythe3rd
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: bmontgomery76

Jan 11, '17, 7:17am

Love you guys if an OLED Vita comes through I would love one.

Thanks Guys.

acos2
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: husker42c
PSN: acos2
Steam: husker42c

Jan 11, '17, 7:48am

I would love to have a Vita. Thanks guys.

GeneralJonPain
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Generaljonpain
PSN: Murderfacemurder

Jan 11, '17, 8:17am

Just heard about this program when listening to ps I love you.
I have a friend who used to play psp with me and was either too dumb or lazy to every make the jump to vita.
I know he would end up using the vita more than most figured having him adopt one would be a good way to invite him to vita island.

GeneralJonPain
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Generaljonpain
PSN: Murderfacemurder

Jan 11, '17, 8:20am

[quote="GeneralJonPain"]Just heard about this program when listening to ps I love you.
I have a friend who used to play psp with me and was either too dumb or lazy to every make the jump to vita.
I know he would end up using the vita more than most figured having him adopt one would be a good way to invite him to vita island.
I of course, being of sound mind and body, and a physical champion, have had one since launch and would love to send one his way.

RadicallyFly
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 11, '17, 8:51am

What's up Greg Miller?! Elliot here (psn name RadicallyFly) checking in on your awesome Vita Relocation Program idea. Ill admit psily episode 69 quilted me to come back to the forums once more and apply for a Vita , even though to my shame I've disgraced the Vita already. I loved my Vita, between Persona 4 Golden and my all time favorite Sly Cooper franchise being with me all the time, it was my wonderful home away from home. But as I ventured into the adult world and lived in an apartment on my own, money had to be paid and some of my most prized possessions were lost to the void. My Vita was sold to a friend, a good loving home where it still resides today, for a measly sum of $100. I miss her dearly and now that I have a stable financial plan and the travel time to give the vita library the attention it deserves, I would love to be sent a Vita from my pals over at Kinda Funny. Thanks in advance and I love all you guys do.

P.s. KEVIN USE YOUR FUCKING MIC! LET US HEAR YOUR WISDOM !

erdosbeco2015
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Music Composer

Re: The Vita Relocation Program

Jan 11, '17, 9:16am

Hey KindaFunny!
I would love to have a Vita again as I was already a member of Vita Island a few years ago, but it got stolen... :/
PS I love you XOXO