Lee J
Best Friend

Doctor Who Discussion | It's Bigger on the Inside

May 18, '17, 8:40am

Mavryk wrote:
Lee J wrote:A slow regeneration due to the Doctor's injuries throughout the series perhaps? As he struggles to guard this vault. That'd be a nice twist to the regeneration stories of the past

But why would he make a slow regen if he could just do a quick one and have someone young and fresh to guard the vault if it's so valuable. It's not exactly like this personality is the best man for the job lol. He keeps abandoning his post, which is how he got the injury in the first place.

Fair point! We'll have to wait and see on that front I guess.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Re: Doctor Who Discussion | It's Bigger on the Inside

Jun 28, '17, 6:42pm

It's almost time to say Goodbye to the 12 Doctor... but is it really? Everything is pointing at his regeneration this weekend, but I don't think he will. Normally we know who the next Doctor will be in advance because they make an event of it, and since we haven't heard a peep out of them my guess is that what we saw is the Doctor at the end of the Christmas special (hence the longer hair).

What does everyone else think? Do you think the rumors of the First Doctor being in the Christmas special are true, and we will see him Regenerate into a past self? Could the Christmas Special be a Standalone First Doctor adventure and they won't reveal the full Regen until next season?
► Show Spoiler

Lucaay!
Shadow Boxer
PSN: LegendThriller5

Jun 30, '17, 12:18pm

Wow what a series it has been. Last weeks episode was amazing, I really hope tomorrows doesn't disappoint!

I would love if by some miracle we found out who the next Doctor was without it being announced or leaked! My theory is that the cliffhanger will be the regeneration to get everyone speculating in the break to xmas. Then maybe at xmas he tries to hold off on regenerating somehow almost like how the tenth doctor did as he was making his way round the universe to 'say goodbye' to everyone.

This First Doctor rumour stuff is really crazy too, not sure what to make of it lol
*Insert Trophy Sound*
@PressXToLucy
*Please excuse my typos. I sometimes type without my glasses on and therefore can't actually see/read what I'm typing lol*

gwnner
Seducer

Jun 30, '17, 12:55pm

I'd never spoil anything, but I was an extra on the Christmas Special yesterday! Cool seeing you all speculate!

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jul 01, '17, 5:04pm

Lucaay! wrote:Wow what a series it has been. Last weeks episode was amazing, I really hope tomorrows doesn't disappoint!

I would love if by some miracle we found out who the next Doctor was without it being announced or leaked! My theory is that the cliffhanger will be the regeneration to get everyone speculating in the break to xmas. Then maybe at xmas he tries to hold off on regenerating somehow almost like how the tenth doctor did as he was making his way round the universe to 'say goodbye' to everyone.

This First Doctor rumour stuff is really crazy too, not sure what to make of it lol

Today's definitely didn't disappoint. It does leave some questions though....

gwnner wrote:I'd never spoil anything, but I was an extra on the Christmas Special yesterday! Cool seeing you all speculate!

Sweet! I hope you share some stories from the set once it airs
► Show Spoiler

Lucaay!
Shadow Boxer

Jul 05, '17, 1:41pm

This series as a whole as been really great, usually theres at least an episode I really hate but these year they've been ok at worse. I think it most be down to the fact that I've really enjoyed the team of The Doctor, Bill and Nardole. I'm actually going to miss Bill!

As for last weeks episode it wasn't the episode I was hoping for, it was lacking something for me but I enjoyed it none-the-less. I'm going to watch both the last two episodes again back to back to see how I feel watching it as one whole episode.

I'm really looking forward to the christmas episode as I like the ideas they are going for. I've also been thinking up my own theories on what I think will happen lol
*Insert Trophy Sound*
@PressXToLucy
*Please excuse my typos. I sometimes type without my glasses on and therefore can't actually see/read what I'm typing lol*

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jul 11, '17, 12:56am

Lucaay! wrote:I'm really looking forward to the christmas episode as I like the ideas they are going for. I've also been thinking up my own theories on what I think will happen lol

I think I like the idea of an older Doctors reunion in the future, have David Bradley playing the first and have Pertwee's son playing the third. I really loved the Day of the Doctor, and would love to see more of him interacting with his past selves.
► Show Spoiler

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jul 14, '17, 5:13pm

https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWhoFansLiveHere/videos/1718625238433032/

The 13th Doctor is going to be announced!

I'd love it to be Colin Morgan, from Merlin and Humans. He was also in an episode of the 10th Doctor back in the day.

Who would you like to see pick up the key's to the TARDIS?
► Show Spoiler

HeyImHayley
Unsung Hero
XBL: HeyImHayley
PSN: girly-gamer16

Jul 14, '17, 5:15pm

id love to see john simms be given that chance though theyd have major explaining to do also hayle atwell or david harewood would be cool

Lucaay!
Shadow Boxer

Jul 15, '17, 2:28am

Mavryk wrote:
I think I like the idea of an older Doctors reunion in the future, have David Bradley playing the first and have Pertwee's son playing the third. I really loved the Day of the Doctor, and would love to see more of him interacting with his past selves.

Sean Pertwee does look very much like his dad so I'd allow it lol I like how this time round its the current Doctor going back to the timeline of a previous Doctor, usually its the other way round so this was a coool idea.

As for who the 13th Doctor will be, I just don't want it to be someone too predictable and not a woman either. I wasn't expecting an announcement this soon but I imagine it might be some kind of trailer as who knows how long the Wimbledon final may last! Still wish they could have kept it a secret all the way til the actual regeneration but I know in this day and age it would have been impossible to keep that from being leaked.
*Insert Trophy Sound*
@PressXToLucy

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jul 15, '17, 4:38pm

Lucaay! wrote:Sean Pertwee does look very much like his dad so I'd allow it lol I like how this time round its the current Doctor going back to the timeline of a previous Doctor, usually its the other way round so this was a coool idea.

My guess is the TARDIS didn't like the fact that he didn't want to regenerate again, so it/she took him back to somewhere it/she knew that the first Doctor would be, to try and talk some sense into him.

As for who the 13th Doctor will be, I just don't want it to be someone too predictable and not a woman either. I wasn't expecting an announcement this soon but I imagine it might be some kind of trailer as who knows how long the Wimbledon final may last! Still wish they could have kept it a secret all the way til the actual regeneration but I know in this day and age it would have been impossible to keep that from being leaked.

As cool as a female Doctor would be, as Missy proved it can be awesome, I think that it would be seen as "giving in" to the vocal minority instead of getting the right person for the job. But yeah I kinda do wish that it was kept a secret, but at the same time I really want to know. I think knowing who the next Doctor is would make Capaldi's departure easier to deal with, especially if it's someone known.
► Show Spoiler

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Jul 16, '17, 8:56am

"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

Lucaay!
Shadow Boxer

Jul 16, '17, 9:16am

Me neither... =/ Wasn't a fan of her in Broadchurch either.

I hate how if you don't like this casting people suddenly say 'You're not a real Doctor Who fan' etc... I feel in this weird position because as a female I've never really wanted The Doctor to be a woman but most woman see this as a win for equality - so am I in the wrong? Theres so many good female characters out there on TV at the moment, Wonder Woman being a great example, so I never really saw it as necessary for The Doctor to be a woman. Feels like most people who wanted this to happen don't even watch the show themselves and theres been this growing pressure on showrunners to make this choice.

At least it's finally happened so the SJWs can be happy now lol

I'll see how it goes but I hope it still feels like Doctor Who and that they chose her because she was the best actor for the role and not just because she is female.
*Insert Trophy Sound*
@PressXToLucy

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jul 16, '17, 9:54am

Not so much that I'm against a female doctor, I mean, it's weird because of the history and crap but I'm not 100% against it.

It's just that I know the reason they did this. It was to pander. It wasn't because they came up with a great story or they found the right actor/actress it was because they know the "#futureisfemale" feminists will lose their shit over it. It was a political move.

Doesn't mean she will be bad, we'll see, but I have to try my best to avoid Twitter today because the smugness from the people that are happy about this whole situation that are rubbing it in peoples faces talking down to them like they are babies is pissing me off.

I just wish everything wasn't so political now. Entertainment was supposed to be for escaping all this crap and now entertainment is shoving it all down our throats. Can't even watch SNL anymore. And for the record - I love The Last of Us, Bill, Ellie, and Left Behind because I feel like it was done well. So it's not like I'm against every progressive thing. It's just you can tell the difference between political moves that are 100% to pander to a certain audience and things that are just trying to tell a great story that just so happens to be progressive at the same time.

Another thing that is really going to be hard for them now is the next regeneration because if they decide to go back to a man after this there will be a shit storm. A shit storm from the same people rubbing it in peoples faces right now. Except they'll be allowed to call it sexist.

HeyImHayley
Unsung Hero
XBL: HeyImHayley
PSN: girly-gamer16

Jul 16, '17, 10:34pm

im excited to see where this goes tbh

II GTA FREEK II
Baller
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Jul 16, '17, 11:48pm

It's funny to me that so many people are upset about this. As someone who couldn't care less about Doctor Who, I saw this and thought "Oh that's an interesting change, cool", and didn't give it any more thought. Didn't think there would be this much outrage.

Y'all have fun with your time traveling phone booths. portilloDismissed
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Jul 16, '17, 11:49pm

I'm also excited to see where this goes. By having a female doctor it opens up some new narrative options, so I hope they use it well.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jul 17, '17, 2:24am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:Y'all have fun with your time traveling phone booths. portilloDismissed

Police Box* kftongue

I'm surprised they did it, but I am happy with their choice. I like Jodie in both Broadchurch and Black Mirror, though not particularly the characters she played. Yeah there is always going to be this cloud of "they just did it to appease Feminists", but I hope that will pass in time. Whether they did or not doesn't matter to the story, and there are a lot of things on reflection of the last series that did point to the Doctor's change. Missy was a great test of how people would adapt to a Time Lord changing genders, and I think Missy is probably my favourite version of the Master (not having watched the classic series). Second, it makes sense that if the Doctor really doesn't want to change, maybe he needs a fresh new perspective on things, and a woman "form" would do that. It's going to be interesting to the see this Doctor take command in a man's world. Plus that line of Bill's still stands out, one of the last things she said to the Doctor was a "woman being her type", so maybe that was running through his brain at some level.

All I want now is:
► Show Spoiler

II GTA FREEK II
Baller
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Jul 17, '17, 2:36am

Mavryk wrote:
II GTA FREEK II wrote:Y'all have fun with your time traveling phone booths. portilloDismissed

Police Box* kftongue

That was a test, congrats you passed.

That wasn't actually a test, I just wanted to avoid being wrong.
More like Doctor Who-gives a shit. Jk
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Tidal Town
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

Jul 17, '17, 12:21pm

Jay wrote:It's just that I know the reason they did this. It was to pander. It wasn't because they came up with a great story or they found the right actor/actress it was because they know the "#futureisfemale" feminists will lose their shit over it. It was a political move.

Except unless the character in question is inherently and historically female (like Wonder Woman) someone always comes out and says they're choosing a woman to lead just to push an "agenda". And that "political move" was simply casting a woman as the lead. If simply casting a woman as the lead is enough of a "political move" to push an "agenda" then, well, unless we're casting Wonder Woman, you'll always be left with "propaganda" being pushed.

The fact this is brought up by so many people in virtually every situation where a woman is cast in a role like this, I generally find the assertion from the majority of people complaining and then prefacing with "I'm not a sexist" pretty ridiculous. I'm not equating all of those people with people that beat their wives, but c'mon.
Roll Tide | Go Braves | SMASHVILLE | Titan Up

Return to “TV Series”