JRV
Baller

Re: The Anime Thread

Jun 13, '17, 8:15pm

retinals wrote:personally I'm disappointed in this current anime season. I'm still watching everything but besides the kings avatar which was a pleasant surprise I haven't really been blown away by anything. (some of the shows are excellent at what they try to do just I'm not finding anything new or groundbreaking this season)

looking at the upcoming season has me worried it might be like this season again. Anything you guys are looking forward to that I should keep on my radar?

Well I don't think my suggestions would match up with your likes due to my love of the current season of Academia, but I am looking forward to Gundam Thunderbolt Season 2, Twilight Axis and maybe Saiyuki Reloaded Blast

retinals
Best Friend
XBL: Darkblade210

Jun 15, '17, 8:51am

JRV wrote:
retinals wrote:personally I'm disappointed in this current anime season. I'm still watching everything but besides the kings avatar which was a pleasant surprise I haven't really been blown away by anything. (some of the shows are excellent at what they try to do just I'm not finding anything new or groundbreaking this season)

looking at the upcoming season has me worried it might be like this season again. Anything you guys are looking forward to that I should keep on my radar?

Well I don't think my suggestions would match up with your likes due to my love of the current season of Academia, but I am looking forward to Gundam Thunderbolt Season 2, Twilight Axis and maybe Saiyuki Reloaded Blast

ill have to check em out thanks! Don't get my wrong tho I really enjoy academia I feel like its just nothing new. An extremely well done shonen tho it is really well done and ill watch it until completed. I guess ive just watched so much I feel like I can kinda predict the story nowadays in shonen shows.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Jun 17, '17, 11:33am

They should put anime soundtracks on iTunes. They'd print money.
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Jun 19, '17, 4:43am

Deathtone wrote:They should put anime soundtracks on iTunes. They'd print money.

But they do. In Japan.

kftongue

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Jun 26, '17, 12:37am

Food Wars season 3 announced! Hopefully better than season 2.

Edit: lol

https://youtu.be/Mpy8Wk1sTUM
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Jul 24, '17, 3:33pm

This has been a disappointing season for anime... just been watching My Hero Academia and DBS. MHA is the best thing on at the moment. DBS is... well it's okay... I'm only watching because of my love for DB.

JRV
Baller

Jul 31, '17, 11:46pm

Interesting Sony purchased funimation, very interesting, not sure how I feel about it, but makes sense.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Aug 01, '17, 8:16am

JRV wrote:Interesting Sony purchased funimation, very interesting, not sure how I feel about it, but makes sense.

As long as this doesn't stop simuldubs and dubs pretty close to release I'm fine with it

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

The Anime Thread

Aug 06, '17, 10:24am

https://youtu.be/vo7LsffNs88

Started watching My Girlfriend is a Gal... at first it looked like a pass... but I have it the two episode try and ended up watching 3 episodes. Which is the lasted otherwise I would have watched more... for some reason I can't look away.

gooseysoucy
Shadow Boxer
XBL: gooseysoucy

The Anime Thread

Aug 06, '17, 6:37pm

I've been looking up movies based on reviews by Bennett the Sage, if you folks have some time check out his channel, he does great work.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8q7uZVkoeMm_cyTL24GAoA

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Aug 12, '17, 3:31pm

Yu-Gi-Oh!.... Yup I have a problem lol

FallenVega8K
Pure One

Aug 13, '17, 1:46am

Chaz wrote:
JRV wrote:Interesting Sony purchased funimation, very interesting, not sure how I feel about it, but makes sense.

As long as this doesn't stop simuldubs and dubs pretty close to release I'm fine with it

I'm really hoping this doesn't affect Funimation in any way, and who knows maybe Sony will push an Anime Section on the Playstation Store or XMB seeing they have a lot under their belt now.

Also Funimation has improved 10 fold from the Funi or 5 years ago.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

The Anime Thread

Aug 16, '17, 4:20pm

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

The Anime Thread

Sep 02, '17, 6:19pm

‪‪Fairy Tale and One Piece are overrated ‬

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Sep 17, '17, 8:23pm

Guess I'm the only keeping this topic alive lol

So far...
My Hero Academia: favorite anime this season
Dragon Ball Super : huh it's ok if I wasn't a DB fan boy it'd be a pass
Welcome to the Ballroom : a sports anime involving dancing. It's okay perhaps the best new anime this season.
Gamers: well it's decent. It has its flaws but it also has its moments.
My Girlfriend is a Gal: probably the worst anime I'm currently watching. Most the time the jokes fall flat. Many of the characters aren't likable. Yet I just can't look away.

There are a couple other anime I'd like to watch but I don't have the ability to watch them.
Last edited by Deathtone on Sep 18, '17, 11:46am, edited 1 time in total.

BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Sep 18, '17, 1:58am

I love My Hero Academia and Gamers, myself, but my favorites were/are still Re:Creators (which Just wrapped up) and Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul, personally.

Gotta give Welcome to the Ballroom a try, tho.

FallenVega8K
Pure One

Sep 18, '17, 6:10am

BetoJR wrote:I love My Hero Academia and Gamers, myself, but my favorites were/are still Re:Creators (which Just wrapped up) and Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul, personally.

Gotta give Welcome to the Ballroom a try, tho.

My Hero Academia has been killing it this season as a Manga reader as well it has blown me away with how the Anime is coming along. It is most certainly a must own once it hits blu-ray. Amazing anime also Cannot wait to import that Soundtrack.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Sep 30, '17, 6:09am

I finished Gurren Legann and I have to say... I didn't like it at all. I thought it was going to be great as a saw a bunch of people Cosplaying Yoko, plus the premise was interesting, but the execution was tedious. I grew tired of the yelling and winning by sheer will power, it felt like it was written by a 12yo.
► Show Spoiler

JRV
Baller

Oct 01, '17, 2:55pm

The fall looks pretty meh from what I have seen of the line up, I hope there is at least one surprise show.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

The Anime Thread

Oct 01, '17, 6:46pm

Looking forward to The Ancient Magus's Bride this season.

https://youtu.be/cl-myhWBoGc

Return to “TV Series”