Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Re: Westworld | HBO | Spoilers

Dec 06, '16, 9:40pm

I think Felix is more of a visionary, that despite the horrors they are committing, he knows that the hosts are morally right. The things people do to them, treat them, and then confine them into their prisons, I can see a lot of people acting out in the same way (especially when they have a Wild West personality). I keep thinking back to him building/repairing that little bird at the start of his arc, it's clear that he wants to be like Ford, and perhaps this is his way of doing it.

That being said, if he does turn out to be a host, it wouldn't be a surprise, but it would damage his character IMO.
► Show Spoiler

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Westworld | HBO | Spoilers

Dec 06, '16, 11:20pm

nicktorious_BIG wrote:
- How about that room that the escape party passes by on their way out of Westworld? The one with all hosts from Feudal Japan? That leads me to believe that there are more parks besides Westworld. More parks with different time periods. Maeve is also handed a note detailing the location of her daughter and on this note it says "Park 1," which again might prove that there is more than one park.

When going past the samurai room the logo on the door was different. It was no longer WW for Westworld but was SW.

Overall, great episode.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

Killon56
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Killon56
Steam: Killon

Dec 07, '16, 7:00am

I think they made it pretty clear there are more parks. Yeah they walked past presumably Samurai World, but i think a bigger clue was the note Maeve got at the end of the location of her daughter. It said something like "Park 1 Level 15 Zone 5" Park 1 indicating that there is more than one, with Westworld possibly being the first one.
Galvatron \o/ PRAISE THE SUN \o/ Galvatron

MyFeetHurt
Best Friend
Position/Title: Forum Browser.

Dec 07, '16, 10:21am

loved the finale. Now I'm sad.

Mr_Jetton
Unsung Hero

Dec 07, '16, 2:14pm

Westworld and Stranger Things are my two favorite shows from this year. I loved the Westworld finale. I really hope the Samurai room is a hint of what's to come in Season 2. Maybe the sentient hosts liberate more parks.

Futureworld was the sequel to the original Westworld movie in the 70s. I would love to see that come into play.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Dec 07, '16, 3:57pm

Mr_Jetton wrote:Futureworld was the sequel to the original Westworld movie in the 70s. I would love to see that come into play.

Yeah I was actually thinking about how cool it would be to see this show take place in a futuristic park. Although it would also be tougher to write a show for that kind of location as well.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Dec 19, '16, 2:58am

I don't know man. My enjoyment of the series went down a lot in the last 3 or 4 episodes.

Unless Felix is a host, his motivations to help Maeve were weakly represented. Not saying he didn't have any (maybe being a visionary like someone mentioned, or loving Maeve), but it wasn't develop enough imo to justify all he does. i thought Ford went too 180 degrees, and actually preferred when his ideals differed from Albert's. I though Maeve's portrayal was often annoying, didn't care about Will and the other guy's interaction, etc etc.

Yeah.. I'll watch season 2, but I seem to have quite a different opinion than most people. My SO had the same issues I had with it, and that echo chamber probably made it worst (if you can call 2 people an echo chamber, I don't know how to refer to it).

Tidal Town
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

Dec 25, '16, 11:38pm

Ford's ideals changed when Arnold died 35 years ago. He explicitly says that.
Roll Tide | Go Braves | SMASHVILLE | Titan Up

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Jun 29, '17, 3:52pm

I've watched up to Episode 5 and I'm not impressed with how the story is panning out. Westworld isn't a stimulating show at all. Neither it's action or it's story content is very interesting. So far, the majority of the air time has pretty much been filler. Constantly repeating scenarios with the hosts slowing becoming more self aware. Pointless 'emotional' moments that focus way too much on the abused and dying hosts that will just respawn later anyway. Anthony Hopkins' character is the only saving grace in the entire show in my opinion. My boredom dissipates everytime he's on screen.

For people that have gotten farther than me, should I continue with this series? I love the concept of the show and I thought the first 2 episodes were pretty good. But I feel like the plot is being dragged on extremely slowly just to tack on more episodes. I hate it when shows do that.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jun 29, '17, 6:58pm

Raging Light wrote:I've watched up to Episode 5 and I'm not impressed with how the story is panning out. Westworld isn't a stimulating show at all. Neither it's action or it's story content is very interesting. So far, the majority of the air time has pretty much been filler. Constantly repeating scenarios with the hosts slowing becoming more self aware. Pointless 'emotional' moments that focus way too much on the abused and dying hosts that will just respawn later anyway. Anthony Hopkins' character is the only saving grace in the entire show in my opinion. My boredom dissipates everytime he's on screen.

For people that have gotten farther than me, should I continue with this series? I love the concept of the show and I thought the first 2 episodes were pretty good. But I feel like the plot is being dragged on extremely slowly just to tack on more episodes. I hate it when shows do that.

I don't know if I could recommend it to someone who is half way through and doesn't enjoy it. But on reflection, the rest of the series does sort of paint those earlier episodes more positively. I would continue, but that's because I know I enjoyed it to various degrees the entire way through, but the end definitely ramps up.
► Show Spoiler

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 29, '17, 7:46pm

Mavryk wrote:
Raging Light wrote:I've watched up to Episode 5 and I'm not impressed with how the story is panning out. Westworld isn't a stimulating show at all. Neither it's action or it's story content is very interesting. So far, the majority of the air time has pretty much been filler. Constantly repeating scenarios with the hosts slowing becoming more self aware. Pointless 'emotional' moments that focus way too much on the abused and dying hosts that will just respawn later anyway. Anthony Hopkins' character is the only saving grace in the entire show in my opinion. My boredom dissipates everytime he's on screen.

I don't know if I could recommend it to someone who is half way through and doesn't enjoy it. But on reflection, the rest of the series does sort of paint those earlier episodes more positively. I would continue, but that's because I know I enjoyed it to various degrees the entire way through, but the end definitely ramps up.

I echo Mav's sentiment. If you have watched 5 hours of the show and aren't enjoying it, well, I personally would just stop. With that being said, the last few eps are fantastic. It depends what you take out of it really, I love the philosophical and existential angles with is why I think I liked the whole season.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Jun 30, '17, 1:13am

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

darwinfeeshy

Jun 30, '17, 4:14am

Yeah, it's probably just not for you.

While the last few episode are amazing, if you're not stimulated by the show at 5 episodes in, then I would just stop.

It makes me sad to say this, though, because I thought Westworld was fucking awesome (but I was watching it as it was airing week-to-week. I was deep in the analysis and theory crafting, which was a large part of the viewing experience for me).

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Jul 20, '17, 10:34am

A Great Video on the first season, freakin love this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYtFYowC7LU

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Jul 23, '17, 6:53am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phFM3V_dors

► Show Spoiler

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Jul 23, '17, 8:02am

Hell yeah, pumped for a new season! I'm surprised we got a trailer so early. I thought the second season would have been farther out. Can't complain though!

Vane wrote:
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Mavryk
Management
Management

Jul 25, '17, 12:55am

I'm also surprised they are already deep into production, the trailer looked great. I hope they don't go off the deep end in this season.
► Show Spoiler

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Jul 25, '17, 8:58am

Mavryk wrote:I'm also surprised they are already deep into production, the trailer looked great. I hope they don't go off the deep end in this season.

I think there will be a lot of slow parts still grounded like season one

I just think they want to hype people up with action in the trailers, look at Game of Thrones the trailers are all action and we have only gotten one action scene in the from the first two episodes

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Nov 14, '17, 3:32am

Ok I just watched the first episode. It was good. With that said there were two music scores that I know for a fact I heard somewhere else.
Why is the Hershey factory so close to the hot pocket?

Return to “TV Series”