Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

The New Celebrity Apprentice | NBC | Discussion | You're...Terminated

Jan 03, '17, 9:40pm

The New Celebrity Apprentice - NBC
Mondays 8/7c

About the Show
Sixteen celebrities are set to compete for their favorite charities when "The Celebrity Apprentice" shifts to Los Angeles for its eighth season, where twice-elected California governor and international movie superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger reigns over the Boardroom.

Advising the new head of the Boardroom this season will be world-class business minds, including investment guru Warren Buffett, one of the most successful businessmen in the world; former Microsoft CEO and Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer; Tyra Banks, a supermodel, actress, TV host, producer, accomplished businesswoman and CEO of the Tyra Banks Company and cosmetics brand, TYRA Beauty; actress, author and entrepreneur Jessica Alba, the founder and chief creative officer of The Honest Company and Honest Beauty; and Schwarzenegger's trusted confidante and nephew, prominent entertainment attorney Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger.

The Celebrities
Host: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Brooke Burke-Charvet - Actress
Carnie Wilson - Singer
Carrie Keagan - TV Personality
Carson Kressley - TV Personality
Chael Sonnen - Mixed Martial Artist
Boy George - Singer
Eric Dickerson - Professional Football Player
Jon Lovitz - Comedian
Kyle Richards - Actress
Laila Ali - Professional Boxer
Lisa Leslie - Professional Basketball Player
Matt Iseman - Comedian
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi - TV Personality
Porsha Williams - TV Personality
Ricky Williams - Professional Football Player
Vince Neil - Musician

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVz0YXl1qRQ

Current Season Results
► Show Spoiler

nicktorious_BIG

Jan 03, '17, 9:50pm

Alright, so the Celebrity Apprentice is back! I loved this show when it first came out and I have been paying attention to it ever since. Some seasons have been better than others, but I always end up coming back because I'm fascinated with watching celebrities out of their element.

Anyway, after watching the first two premiere episodes, I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on Arnold as the new host. He seems to be trying a little too hard with his role and his quipy one-liners often fall a little flat. He also just doesn't have the same tenacity and bite that Donald Trump had. Say what you will about Donald Trump, but I do believe he's the better host. He was ferocious and he always gave that expressionless stare in the boardroom. Arnold doesn't really have that same bite and he often tends to sit back and let the contestants argue, where Donald would consistently challenge the contestants. Also, the whole "You're Terminated" bit is a little too cheesy. As someone else put it, it's a slogan within a slogan. I'll be interested to see if the Governor changes at all throughout the season, but right now he could be doing a little better.

As for the show itself, I'm still enjoying it. This season features a nice round of celebrities that seem like they're going to be great at backstabbing. Snooki so far seems to be the comic relief of the show...and she's doing just as well as I thought she would. I also am really liking Boy George, Porsha Williams, Carson Kressley, and Matt Iseman. Looking forward to seeing what's to come and to see if the show will play in the shadows of Trump's era or make itself into something new.

I will also be updating the OP with the results each week for those interested.

The_Redback
Steam: The_Redback

Re: The New Celebrity Apprentice | NBC | Discussion | You're...Terminated

Jan 04, '17, 12:49am

Wow, I never expected the former governor of California to give acting a go. Good on him! ColinApproves

Seriously though, I saw a headline about him hosting this and it made me click on the article. That is casuals they are prob hoping to reach.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
Twitter: @The_Redback

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jan 04, '17, 2:57am

I hate it when people add "New" to the title.
THE END OF AN ERA

Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

nicktorious_BIG

Jan 04, '17, 7:33am

Jay wrote:I hate it when people add "New" to the title.

I think they put "New" in the name to try and distance themselves from Trump's time with the show. Although, there really isn't much "new" about it besides the host and the setting.

nicktorious_BIG

Jan 10, '17, 2:02pm

The second episode was a little more predictable this time around. I think the show is starting to develop it's storylines and the show really hammers these storylines home. We've also gotten to the point where the celebrities are starting to get a little more fed up with each other so the drama from here on out is going to be high. That's where the show gets interesting.

The writing was still pretty cheesy and the boardroom moments are a little too scripted for my tastes. However, Arnold is starting to grow on me a little more. He's never going to surpass Trump, but I think Arnold's starting to get a little more comfortable with the role. It was also cool to see iJustine on the show. She was brought in as an adviser for the viral video task. She was pretty under-utilized but it was still cool seeing her.

Mr_Jetton
Unsung Hero

Jan 10, '17, 2:22pm

It's just like the last version of the show but with a better host in my opinion. I like it.

nicktorious_BIG

Jan 17, '17, 8:57pm

It was unfortunate to see the Mens team broken up this week due to the performance of the Womens team. I was really starting to enjoy watching the Mens team and their chemistry and ability to work together. Mixing up the teams obviously puts a wrench in things, which meant some of my favorites from the womens team won and some of my favorites from the mens team lost. Anyway, I was particularly happy with the result of the last task this week.

The results have been updated in the OP.

nicktorious_BIG

Jan 29, '17, 9:54am

Just caught up with the latest episode. A lot of weird stuff happened this episode. There seems to be some people who are unenthusiastic about being on the show. One of the celebrities basically voted themselves out. Then there was some cheating that took place at the hands of Chael...which was sort of unexpected. He was definitely the person I saw doing it though. His shtick was entertaining, but I was glad to see him go.

The results have been updated in the OP.

nicktorious_BIG

Feb 09, '17, 12:48pm

Well, this season has felt like a whirlwind. The show's producers always find ways to off contestants like nobody's business towards the end, but the most recent episodes had five celebrities fired. I get that they have to whittle down the contenders to make a season finale work, but there's one final firing that just felt cheap and unwarranted. She (*spoiler*) was very strong towards the end and I actually really liked her and how she worked with guys like Matt Iseman.

There were also some really celebrity diva moments in the final episode before the finale, featuring one Boy George. It's really something special...and a little over the top. Anyway, I am going to be interested to see how the finale boils down.
► Show Spoiler

nicktorious_BIG

Feb 14, '17, 8:40pm

SO HAPPY with how the season ended.
► Show Spoiler