Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Re: The Official Dragonball Super Thread

Jul 04, '15, 6:04am

Jay wrote:I'm not saiyan (:P) that people should be stronger than Goku. He's the hero and I'm not saiyan (:P) at that point, that they should be super strong, I'm just saiyan (:P) as time goes on, It should be person by person. Goku was weak during the Frieza days, so you'd have to rely mainly on him being a Saiyan, but as the show moves on and now that we are past Z, it should be person by person. Goku should be powerful because he's Goku and not because he's a Saiyan.

I also hope that when this show does choose to introduce new characters, it's not just more Saiyans.

Hey, does anyone know if Uub will be in this?

I'm not saiyan ( :P ) that either, my point was that in the Dragon Ball universe, the Super Saiyan level is supposed to be beyond anything any other race can achieve, so its hard to make a Human or Namekian for examples as strong or stronger than a Super Saiyan, otherwise Frieza and his father wouldn't have been warlords for very long. Piccolo had the work around thanks to racial fusion, so perhaps if he fuses with enough Namekian warriors he can be Vegeta's level, but it's unlikely.

No, I haven't seen anything about Uub, only Buu which is weird.
► Show Spoiler

Inconspicuous
Best Friend

Jul 05, '15, 4:03pm

First episode was pretty bad IMO, Goku farming, Goten and Trunks fetching water and Gohan reading books.

Episode 2 plot doesn't look great either

Son Goku goes to Planet Kaiō to train with Kaiō-sama. Meanwhile, Vegeta, Bulma and Trunks take a family trip. Bulma and Trunks are happy with an unexpected family time together while Vegeta is bothered by the fact that Son Goku gets to train.[13]

Carluis
Best Friend
PSN: w1pe0ut_88
Steam: CallMeCarluis

Jul 05, '15, 11:05pm

Yea I think episode 1 started off rather slow... but at least it kinda picks up where it left off which was just after the Buu saga.

Godspeed
Seducer

Mar 25, '16, 2:15pm

Anyone still watching?
"Aye, I'm not surprised motherfuckers" - Nate Diaz

► Show Spoiler

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Mar 25, '16, 2:34pm

It's pretty bad.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Mar 25, '16, 9:14pm

Godspeed wrote:Anyone still watching?

I am, though I am a long way behind.

Deathtone wrote:It's pretty bad.

Yeah... I can't disagree. Not enough Piccolo IMO lol

I am hoping that once I get past both of the movies and into the original content it will pick up. I think I would be enjoying it more had I not watched the movies.
► Show Spoiler

Raging Light
Baller
PSN: XDaimyo

The Official Dragonball Super Thread

Mar 28, '16, 7:10am

This is the one Anime that absolutely refuses to stay dead.

I supposed it's fitting considering the characters do the exact same thing.

A cloud has set over Kinda Funny. Rain is in our midst. But the storm will fade. And the sun will rise once more.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Mar 28, '16, 7:14am

Soooooooooooooo. Is the dub here yet?
THE END OF AN ERA

Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

Raging Light
Baller
PSN: XDaimyo

Mar 28, '16, 7:22am

Mavryk wrote:Well let's be honest, it's his story and he really didn't do much in Dragon Ball Z. Piccolo killed Raditz, Vegeta killed Nappa, Vegeta vs Goku was a tie, Freiza was killed by Trunks, Cell defeated the Androids, Cell was killed by Gohan, and Buu is still around. Realistically, Goku didn't defeat any of the main bad guys (unless you count the movies) :lol:

That's a little unfair. He did defeat Freiza and he killed Kid Buu who was the strongest main enemy in the canon.

A cloud has set over Kinda Funny. Rain is in our midst. But the storm will fade. And the sun will rise once more.

JRV
Baller

Mar 28, '16, 8:38pm

Mavryk wrote:
Jay wrote:I'm not saiyan (:P) that people should be stronger than Goku. He's the hero and I'm not saiyan (:P) at that point, that they should be super strong, I'm just saiyan (:P) as time goes on, It should be person by person. Goku was weak during the Frieza days, so you'd have to rely mainly on him being a Saiyan, but as the show moves on and now that we are past Z, it should be person by person. Goku should be powerful because he's Goku and not because he's a Saiyan.

I also hope that when this show does choose to introduce new characters, it's not just more Saiyans.

Hey, does anyone know if Uub will be in this?

I'm not saiyan ( :P ) that either, my point was that in the Dragon Ball universe, the Super Saiyan level is supposed to be beyond anything any other race can achieve, so its hard to make a Human or Namekian for examples as strong or stronger than a Super Saiyan, otherwise Frieza and his father wouldn't have been warlords for very long. Piccolo had the work around thanks to racial fusion, so perhaps if he fuses with enough Namekian warriors he can be Vegeta's level, but it's unlikely.

No, I haven't seen anything about Uub, only Buu which is weird.

Well technically, if Piccolo wasn't still divided into parts he would've defeated Freeza, Guru says this if I remember right, and it is said a number of times Kamicolo or original piccolo is stronger then a base super saiyan. He is stronger then Vegeta when he fights 19 for example. Anyhow it is true that saiyan's only matter, to bad they don't use the super sonic piccolo story line and have him wish back og king piccolo and merge with him like in that game, that would be really cool.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Mar 28, '16, 9:23pm

Raging Light wrote:That's a little unfair. He did defeat Freiza and he killed Kid Buu who was the strongest main enemy in the canon.

Well had it not been for Trunks, Freiza possibly could have blown up the world before Goku arrived, so I don't feel like he truly defeated him. I don't remember the ending of the Buu Saga, so I will take your word for it.

JRV wrote:Well technically, if Piccolo wasn't still divided into parts he would've defeated Freeza, Guru says this if I remember right, and it is said a number of times Kamicolo or original piccolo is stronger then a base super saiyan. He is stronger then Vegeta when he fights 19 for example. Anyhow it is true that saiyan's only matter, to bad they don't use the super sonic piccolo story line and have him wish back og king piccolo and merge with him like in that game, that would be really cool.

True, but Piccolo is weirdly stronger than the rest of the Nemekians. Nail was the closest warrior in strength and even Piccolo was stronger than him despite only being "half" of his true self. But yeah, I would love to see Piccolo reach a new level, whether thats by merging with King Piccolo or if the Namekians have a god form, as surely the Saiyans aren't the only race in the galaxy to be able to reach god like levels of power?
► Show Spoiler

JRV
Baller

Mar 28, '16, 10:26pm

Mavryk wrote:
JRV wrote:Well technically, if Piccolo wasn't still divided into parts he would've defeated Freeza, Guru says this if I remember right, and it is said a number of times Kamicolo or original piccolo is stronger then a base super saiyan. He is stronger then Vegeta when he fights 19 for example. Anyhow it is true that saiyan's only matter, to bad they don't use the super sonic piccolo story line and have him wish back og king piccolo and merge with him like in that game, that would be really cool.

True, but Piccolo is weirdly stronger than the rest of the Nemekians. Nail was the closest warrior in strength and even Piccolo was stronger than him despite only being "half" of his true self. But yeah, I would love to see Piccolo reach a new level, whether thats by merging with King Piccolo or if the Namekians have a god form, as surely the Saiyans aren't the only race in the galaxy to be able to reach god like levels of power?

I think there is a reason for it. I would guess that it has to do with Guru being the father of all the Namekians on Namek, where as Kamiccolo is not a offspring of Guru but a different group of Namekians, perhaps this is why. Before the destruction of the Namekians perhaps they had a lot of secrets, sadly no one knows especially with Guru dead and all.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

May 09, '16, 12:44am

Spoiler News

► Show Spoiler

Source: ANN
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

icyflamez96
Unsung Hero

Jun 27, '16, 10:04pm

I think this series is pretty good after you get past the movie retellings. Plot development wise, it's very interesting. Animation/art wise it is rather disappointing, but still pretty enjoyable nonetheless. Though, those aspects of it have been getting more consistent as well. Hopefully it keeps improving. Apparently they got a lot of new animation staff on DBS now.

It's gettin real.

2 gifs from the current arc.

► Show Spoiler

Gif spoiler for latest episode preview.

► Show Spoiler

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jun 28, '16, 12:52am

Too bad there was sooo much filler for the first 20 episodes....in a year I'll watch the show when ever the English dub gets to the new stuff....though as much fun as some of these ideas are.....Dragonball a this part is much more fan fare then real Anime writing

Nado8
Producer

Jun 28, '16, 3:55am

I'm waiting on the English dub. I watched the first episode but I can't get into it without the English voices. When I'm done with season 6 of Seinfeld I'm going back to watch Dragon Ball because I've never seen the whole thing. Then I'll watch DBZ again and then GT which I've never seen to the end.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Jun 28, '16, 7:30am

have they toned done the talking during fights? I remember loving the dbz video games so i equated that to loving the show so i bought the first set and the fights were taking like 4 or 5 episodes. Maybe I just got used to watching bleach where for the most part the fights were over in the same episode or just 2 episodes but it was excruciating to watch

Nado8
Producer

Jun 28, '16, 8:18am

Chaz2132005 wrote:have they toned done the talking during fights? I remember loving the dbz video games so i equated that to loving the show so i bought the first set and the fights were taking like 4 or 5 episodes. Maybe I just got used to watching bleach where for the most part the fights were over in the same episode or just 2 episodes but it was excruciating to watch

That's what made the fights so good. All the drama and tension.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Jun 28, '16, 8:31am

Nado8 wrote:
Chaz2132005 wrote:have they toned done the talking during fights? I remember loving the dbz video games so i equated that to loving the show so i bought the first set and the fights were taking like 4 or 5 episodes. Maybe I just got used to watching bleach where for the most part the fights were over in the same episode or just 2 episodes but it was excruciating to watch

the fights in fairy tail, bleach, full metal alchemist brotherhood are just as good without all the unnecessary 5 episodes of talking for 3 minutes of actual fighting

Nado8
Producer

Jun 29, '16, 5:42am

Chaz2132005 wrote:
Nado8 wrote:

the fights in fairy tail, bleach, full metal alchemist brotherhood are just as good without all the unnecessary 5 episodes of talking for 3 minutes of actual fighting

The talking was like the foreplay. I loved when they spent 2 episodes powering up, it made the fighting so much sweeter.