Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

The Official Dragonball Super Thread

Jun 29, '16, 5:51am

Nado8 wrote:
The talking was like the foreplay. I loved when they spent 2 episodes powering up, it made the fighting so much sweeter.

I guess different strokes for different folks. i dont need multiple episodes of build up haha

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Jun 29, '16, 9:39am

Nado8 wrote:
Chaz2132005 wrote:
Nado8 wrote:have they toned done the talking during fights? I remember loving the dbz video games so i equated that to loving the show so i bought the first set and the fights were taking like 4 or 5 episodes. Maybe I just got used to watching bleach where for the most part the fights were over in the same episode or just 2 episodes but it was excruciating to watch

That's what made the fights so good. All the drama and tension.

the fights in fairy tail, bleach, full metal alchemist brotherhood are just as good without all the unnecessary 5 episodes of talking for 3 minutes of actual fighting

The talking was like the foreplay. I loved when they spent 2 episodes powering up, it made the fighting so much sweeter.[/quote]
Nope....it's filler

That's why when ever anyone wants to get into Dragonball... I show them DBZ abridged now filler at all

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jun 29, '16, 9:58am

JerrodDRagon wrote:
That's why when ever anyone wants to get into Dragonball... I show them DBZ abridged now filler at all

is it as streamlined with fights as the other animes i mentioned?

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jun 29, '16, 11:35am

Chaz2132005 wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:

Much more...watch the abridged its funny as hell combined with all the action and 1000% less filler

I think out of your list Full Metal has the least amount of filler.....Bleach had some parts that got kinda long for no reason which is why I stopped watching years ago.....the first season monster of the week worked really well but then after the second saga it started to get kinda meh to me.

Anyway....I'm not against Dialogue in DBZ I love the Boo saga and that has lots of talking but its them just talking not people making threats for 3 episodes like in the first few saga's.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jun 29, '16, 12:14pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:
Chaz2132005 wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:

Much more...watch the abridged its funny as hell combined with all the action and 1000% less filler

I think out of your list Full Metal has the least amount of filler.....Bleach had some parts that got kinda long for no reason which is why I stopped watching years ago.....the first season monster of the week worked really well but then after the second saga it started to get kinda meh to me.

Anyway....I'm not against Dialogue in DBZ I love the Boo saga and that has lots of talking but its them just talking not people making threats for 3 episodes like in the first few saga's.

yeah bleach probably wasnt a good example since around the bount/vizard arcs it gets a little excessive especially once they go into Heuco Mundo and fight the Espada

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jun 29, '16, 2:44pm

Chaz2132005 wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:
Chaz2132005 wrote:

yeah bleach probably wasnt a good example since around the bount/vizard arcs it gets a little excessive especially once they go into Heuco Mundo and fight the Espada[/quote]
yeah that's when I left first two seasons are just great...an amazing Anime then it becomes sooo much of nothing that I just left. I'm sure it gets better but it seems like most Animes need to be shorter....much shorter.

Thats why Fullmetal and Deathnote are two of my favorites...they do not over stay there idea's

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jun 29, '16, 2:53pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:asnt a good example since around the bount/vizard arcs it gets a little excessive especially once they go into Heuco Mundo and fight the Espada

yeah that's when I left first two seasons are just great...an amazing Anime then it becomes sooo much of nothing that I just left. I'm sure it gets better but it seems like most Animes need to be shorter....much shorter.

Thats why Fullmetal and Deathnote are two of my favorites...they do not over stay there idea's[/quote]

Yeah I do love some of the shorter animes like Full Metal Panic and Eden of the East

Nado8
Producer

Jul 01, '16, 6:24pm

Chaz2132005 wrote:
Nado8 wrote:
The talking was like the foreplay. I loved when they spent 2 episodes powering up, it made the fighting so much sweeter.

I guess different strokes for different folks. i dont need multiple episodes of build up haha

In real life, I don't either.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jul 02, '16, 8:14pm

Chaz2132005 wrote:have they toned done the talking during fights? I remember loving the dbz video games so i equated that to loving the show so i bought the first set and the fights were taking like 4 or 5 episodes. Maybe I just got used to watching bleach where for the most part the fights were over in the same episode or just 2 episodes but it was excruciating to watch

Have you watched Dragon Ball Z Kai? Basically they stripped the show down to just what was in the Manga, so the fights go much quicker. I think the reason why they dragged out the fights was to give the Manga enough time to get ahead. Anime these days don't do that any more but instead they use filler arcs to waste time while giving viewers something to watch.

Since Super does not have a Manga to follow, it's fights aren't as drawn out either.
► Show Spoiler

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 02, '16, 9:25pm

Mavryk wrote:
Chaz2132005 wrote:have they toned done the talking during fights? I remember loving the dbz video games so i equated that to loving the show so i bought the first set and the fights were taking like 4 or 5 episodes. Maybe I just got used to watching bleach where for the most part the fights were over in the same episode or just 2 episodes but it was excruciating to watch

Have you watched Dragon Ball Z Kai? Basically they stripped the show down to just what was in the Manga, so the fights go much quicker. I think the reason why they dragged out the fights was to give the Manga enough time to get ahead. Anime these days don't do that any more but instead they use filler arcs to waste time while giving viewers something to watch.

Since Super does not have a Manga to follow, it's fights aren't as drawn out either.

Oh that's good to know I might check out Kai after I get some other amines I'm interested in watching

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Re: The Official Dragonball Super Thread

Oct 19, '16, 11:50am

We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Oct 20, '16, 9:01am

FUCKING DUB IT ALREADY.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Nov 15, '16, 1:43pm

How they're releasing them... I guess I'll watch ten episodes a week. Now that the first ten episodes are up .

Edit

30 episodes in. Hopefully by next week they'll release the remaining 16 episodes that are missing. That'll or they'll release ten then 6 this following week.

(Watching on Crunchyroll)

Edit

What the hell have you done to Piccolo!!

Edit

Caught up with everything now

Tardis1982
Baller

Dec 07, '16, 9:20am

One question does this wipeout GT?
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Dec 07, '16, 9:48am

GT isn't canon. At the same time they already surpassed GT power levels by a long shot

chriiiiiiiiisss
Best Friend
Position/Title: Fan
PSN: Snoop_Dragon

Dec 30, '16, 2:41am

Goku is brain dead.
Vegeta wants to be brain dead(he wants to be Goku).
Piccolo is a house-wife-babysitter.
Trunks wants to be cool for his 35 year old girlfriend.
Who's Goten?
Gohan's retired.
Krillin is an over qualified cop.
Yamcha's Yamcha.
Tien, Chiatzu, 18, are background characters.
Bulma, Chichi, shoe-horned Jaco, Roshi, Satan, Buu, Beerus, Whis, and the Pilaf gang are comedic relief(not-needed).

Super has really made me appreciate GT... (I have always hated GT)

Really think Akira has taken the wrong nods from One Piece. Over the past few years he's expressed his fandom for One Piece, and in part I think he was growing jealous of it's success and surpassment of Dragonball&DragonballZ. He slapped the Comedy tag onto Super big time, in a series where I dont think it's needed and has shown it's not needed. DragonballZ was a serious anime with tense moments, and there was always the undertone of comedy and a silly moment here or there but never like what Super is doing. The Pilaf gang serves no purpose other than to make children jokes. Maybe its an change of target-audience?

At this point I wish Super never happened and we just continued to get a DragonballZ movie every few years.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Dec 30, '16, 8:44am

Just a few days till the dub!

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jan 06, '17, 12:18am

Super is a decent Anime, but it's definitely not DBZ. The Future Trunks arc came close, but them not giving a shit to power levels really bugs me.
► Show Spoiler

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Jan 06, '17, 12:39am

I'm hoping the next arc surpasses the Future Trunks arc. The ending was the weakest was the only bad part and it was pretty bad.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jan 06, '17, 4:42pm

1 day till dub.

Return to “TV Series”