Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

The Anime Thread

May 17, '15, 8:41am

Just figured I would start up a thread for the fans of Anime. Talk about whatever you want.

I'm thinking about watching Soul Eater next.

Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

luciddre4m
Producer
PSN: luciddre4m-

Re: The Anime Thread

May 17, '15, 8:42am

Soul Eater was enjoyable. Definitely had a whackier vibe to it, but I liked it overall.

I just finished Attack on Titan. Is there more to it? Or do I have to start reading the manga now? The ending was a major cliffhanger.
Twitter: @luciddre4m PSN: luciddre4m- Battle.net: luciddre4m#1987
Currently playing: Hyper Light Drifter

"There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin & Hobbes

Noir
Pure One

May 17, '15, 9:03am

Some of my favorite anime:

Cowboy Bebop
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Metropolis
Hellsing Ultimate
Anything Miyazaki
Anything Satoshi Kon
Gun x Sword
Trigun

Just some off of my head

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

May 17, '15, 9:09am

How bout that Dragon Ball Super announcement?

luciddre4m wrote:Soul Eater was enjoyable. Definitely had a whackier vibe to it, but I liked it overall.

I just finished Attack on Titan. Is there more to it? Or do I have to start reading the manga now? The ending was a major cliffhanger.
I believe they're making Season 2.

Keltigon (PSN)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

LaurenceAllen
Pure One

May 17, '15, 9:11am

Wish I had more time to watch the amount of anime I use to! I've loved;
Naruto (the new on going manga is amazing if anyone is a naruto fan)
One piece
Death note
Code geass
Ano hana
Tokyo magnitude
Tokyo ghoul
Attack on titan
Steins gate

A few others too
Video games, anime, occasional pictures of a cheeky Nandos. Any of that interest you? Then follow me on Twitter :): https://twitter.com/LaurencePTW

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

May 17, '15, 9:17am

I actually started getting back in to anime back in October (although I was never really a "anime guy" before. I just watched some shit that happened to be on TV, I never really searched deep in to the library, though.)

Since October I have watched:
Darker Than Black (everything)
Sword Art Online (Season 1)
Attack On Titan (Season 1)
Elfen Lied (everything)
Claymore (everything)
Bleach (up to episode 76)
Dragon Ball (up to episode 53, even though I've watched this all a long time ago)
Every DBZ movie (cept maybe 1 or 2)

And that was really only over a few months, because the last few months I've had Anime burnout just from watching so much. So when I do get back in to it again, I want to take it a little slow.

Keltigon (PSN)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

ADHarris12
Pure One

May 17, '15, 9:20am

Some of my favorites that i can think of right now

Hunter x Hunter
FMA Brotherhood
Yu Yu Hakusho
From the New World
Durarara
Death Note
Hajime no Ippo
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Gundam 00
Gungrave
Steins Gate
Gurren Lagann
Attack on Titan
Darker Than Black
And of course DBZ, it's a classic

And I'm currently watching Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, which is awesome, and Owari no Seraph
PSN: ADHarris12

Dbinshal93
Best Friend

May 17, '15, 9:22am

Am I the only one who enjoys Case closed/Detective Conan? I'm surprised no one has mentioned Psychopass.
The Twitters: https://twitter.com/dbinshal93
PSN: dmoney5624
XL: Cooki3eMonst3er
NN:Cooki3Monst3r
Twitch: Toxiccookie93

ADHarris12
Pure One

May 17, '15, 9:30am

Dbinshal93 wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys Case closed/Detective Conan? I'm surprised no one has mentioned Psychopass.

I actually really liked it and like the dub, but it was only dubbed up to a certain point when i was watching it and i just couldn't get used to the sub. I might pick it back up at some point

TMose
Pure One

May 17, '15, 9:31am

I was just about to make a thread but I'm glad to see there's one. I love anime and have watched too many to name (I have a list though if anyone is interested in anime suggestions depending on the genre). Here are a couple things:

Favorite Animes:
-Hunter X Hunter
-Naruto
-Death Note
-Code Geass
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Gurren Lagann

Animes that are currently airing that I watch:

-Arslan Senki (manga/anime version made by the woman behind Fullmetal Alchemist in case you're a fan)
-Assassination Classroom (so much fun to watch. best premise ever: an alien destroys 70% of the moon and threatens to destroy the world. He only has one demand: he wants to be a teacher in a class comprised of bad students. Students have a year to kill him and get a lot of money or else he destroys the world)
-Kekkai Sensen (surprisingly fun to watch, very colorful, great music)
-Kuroko no Basket (must-watch for basketball fans, great even if you don't care about basketball. Maximum HYPE!!!)
-Naruto Shippuden (currently in an okay filler but that's about to end)
-One Piece (used to be very good but the anime has sucked for a few months now)
-Seraph of the End (similar to Attack on Titan but with vampires. Great if you're a fan of shonen)
-World Trigger (thinking of dropping it because it's drawn out but a friend reads the manga and tells me to keep going)

I also read to Mangas recently:

-Blue Exorcist: A guy finds out that he's the bastard son of Satan. On that same night, Satan takes over the guy's adoptive father who is also the strongest exorcist in the world. As a result, he decides to use the powers that he has from being Satan's son to become the strongest exorcist and kill Satan. There are 12 Volumes out in the US right now and it's very good.

-One-Punch Man: A guy trains so much that he ends up being able to win every fight in one punch. If you like crazy action sequences and fights like in Dragon Ball then this is for you.

Dbinshal93
Best Friend

May 17, '15, 9:37am

ADHarris12 wrote:
Dbinshal93 wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys Case closed/Detective Conan? I'm surprised no one has mentioned Psychopass.

I actually really liked it and like the dub, but it was only dubbed up to a certain point when i was watching it and i just couldn't get used to the sub. I might pick it back up at some point

Good luck! There's over 600 Episodes and still going. Honestly though, the dub left off on a great episode (When Kudo gets kidnapped)
The Twitters: https://twitter.com/dbinshal93
PSN: dmoney5624
XL: Cooki3eMonst3er
NN:Cooki3Monst3r
Twitch: Toxiccookie93

ADHarris12
Pure One

May 17, '15, 9:40am

TMose wrote:I was just about to make a thread but I'm glad to see there's one. I love anime and have watched too many to name (I have a list though if anyone is interested in anime suggestions depending on the genre). Here are a couple things:

Favorite Animes:
-Hunter X Hunter
-Naruto
-Death Note
-Code Geass
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Gurren Lagann

Animes that are currently airing that I watch:

-Arslan Senki (manga/anime version made by the woman behind Fullmetal Alchemist in case you're a fan)
-Assassination Classroom (so much fun to watch. best premise ever: an alien destroys 70% of the moon and threatens to destroy the world. He only has one demand: he wants to be a teacher in a class comprised of bad students. Students have a year to kill him and get a lot of money or else he destroys the world)
-Kekkai Sensen (surprisingly fun to watch, very colorful, great music)
-Kuroko no Basket (must-watch for basketball fans, great even if you don't care about basketball. Maximum HYPE!!!)
-Naruto Shippuden (currently in an okay filler but that's about to end)
-One Piece (used to be very good but the anime has sucked for a few months now)
-Seraph of the End (similar to Attack on Titan but with vampires. Great if you're a fan of shonen)
-World Trigger (thinking of dropping it because it's drawn out but a friend reads the manga and tells me to keep going)

I also read to Mangas recently:

-Blue Exorcist: A guy finds out that he's the bastard son of Satan. On that same night, Satan takes over the guy's adoptive father who is also the strongest exorcist in the world. As a result, he decides to use the powers that he has from being Satan's son to become the strongest exorcist and kill Satan. There are 12 Volumes out in the US right now and it's very good.

-One-Punch Man: A guy trains so much that he ends up being able to win every fight in one punch. If you like crazy action sequences and fights like in Dragon Ball then this is for you.

Good to see some more Hunter X Hunter love. Have you tried Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works that's currently airing? I don't think I've ever seen a series with quality animation this good consistently.

ADHarris12
Pure One

May 17, '15, 9:42am

Dbinshal93 wrote:
ADHarris12 wrote:

Good luck! There's over 600 Episodes and still going. Honestly though, the dub left off on a great episode (When Kudo gets kidnapped)

Yea, i Know. I actually don't mind long-running series though

JayCiiii
Pure One

May 17, '15, 10:02am

Currently watching:

Shokugeki no Soma
World Trigger
One Piece
DIamond No Ace

Fav Anime:
Cowboy Beebop
Wolfs Rain
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Prince of Tennis
Hamatora

BitterKnave
Best Friend

May 17, '15, 11:39am

Anyone watching Is it Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? it's been actually making me laugh out loud.
BEYOND FUNNY!

PSN: Mia_Mego

hunterslasher13
Pure One

May 17, '15, 11:48am

I'm a big Sports Anime fan currently watching Diamond no Ace, Baby Steps and Kuroko no Basket, when a new episode drops I watch that immediately.

I hope an announcement for Haikyuu!! Season 2 and Hajime no Ippo Season 4 come soon though.

I watch that on top of the Shonen anime(Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Saint Seiya and JOJO)
Twitter: @hunterslasher13
ImageImage

JayCiiii
Pure One

May 17, '15, 11:59am

hunterslasher13 wrote:I'm a big Sports Anime fan currently watching Diamond no Ace, Baby Steps and Kuroko no Basket, when a new episode drops I watch that immediately.

I hope an announcement for Haikyuu!! Season 2 and Hajime no Ippo Season 4 come soon though.

I watch that on top of the Shonen anime(Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Saint Seiya and JOJO)

How do you like the Baby Steps Anime? I personally prefer the Manga

Miller
Pure One

May 17, '15, 12:38pm

I watched Death Note after hearing Tim talk about it and now I'm hooked on Anime. I've seen Death Note, Code Geass, Sword Art Online (currently watching season 2 Dub so no spoilers), Attack on Titan and Death Parade. I'm gonna check out Seraph of the End tonight.
Check out my Video Game Channel "Get Some Games"!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHeQw ... QABwQV_2Tg
Follow Us On Twitter! https://twitter.com/GetSome_Games

ADHarris12
Pure One

May 17, '15, 12:43pm

Miller wrote:I watched Death Note after hearing Tim talk about it and now I'm hooked on Anime. I've seen Death Note, Code Geass, Sword Art Online (currently watching season 2 Dub so no spoilers), Attack on Titan and Death Parade. I'm gonna check out Seraph of the End tonight.

Fullmetal Alchemist is always a safe bet if you're new to anime. I like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood more than the original, but they're both good.

hunterslasher13
Pure One

May 17, '15, 12:44pm

JayCiiii wrote:
hunterslasher13 wrote:I'm a big Sports Anime fan currently watching Diamond no Ace, Baby Steps and Kuroko no Basket, when a new episode drops I watch that immediately.

How do you like the Baby Steps Anime? I personally prefer the Manga

I'm enjoying my time with a realistic Tennis anime(I watched Prince of Tennis before this). The opening and Endings are also pretty good too.
Twitter: @hunterslasher13
ImageImage