dudeshot
Seducer
PSN: chickenlittle711

Re: The Anime Thread

Sep 10, '16, 2:17pm

JRV wrote:It is odd to think I can watch persona 5 anime before game is out. Don't think I will cause spoilers but it is tempting

I thought that was just prologue to the game?

JRV
Baller

Sep 10, '16, 5:42pm

dudeshot wrote:
JRV wrote:It is odd to think I can watch persona 5 anime before game is out. Don't think I will cause spoilers but it is tempting

I thought that was just prologue to the game?

Oh, I figured episode zero was a prologue, but I am not sure about the whole series, if its is, then I might just watch it.

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: Danaxus82

Sep 12, '16, 2:17am

Just finished watching Chaos;HEad. Frustrating. It had potential, a nice eerie atmosphere but fell apart by the end.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Sep 12, '16, 5:52pm

Just acquired Ranma 1/2 seasons 1-7.
Street Fighter 2 the movie
Spriggan
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

JRV
Baller

Sep 18, '16, 1:56pm

I think the news that Funimation and Crunchyroll are working together more now is great, it will allow for them both to get more anime and for those who prefer dub to get more of them from Funimation.

Nearing fall, but honestly not that excited for most of the anime this fall, except MSG:IBO season 2. and curious about Drifters, nothing other then that at the moment honestly.

edit have you seen these they are so awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHxZpk_hvJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeX5GzN03AU

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sep 19, '16, 1:03am

Deathtone wrote:Just acquired Ranma 1/2 seasons 1-7.
Street Fighter 2 the movie
Spriggan

Ranma was weird. I watched about half a season a looooong time ago. I remember finding the premise funny at first, but I got bored of it. Maybe it's something I need to revisit at some point.

I have a soft spot for Street Fighter 2 the movie...for some reason I really like the universe. The anime series is fantastic!

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Sep 20, '16, 1:51am

Watching Paranoia Agent

Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The Anime Thread

Sep 20, '16, 3:46am

Finished Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. This is a good show, with likeable characters, a decent story and excellent pacing.

It's nice to have a protagonist with some personality for once. It's left open-ended (to no one's surprise...this is anime after all), and as usual I'm left praying for a season 2 (or season 3, depending on how you count). Still, if you like fantasy action shows, I recommend this one.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

The Anime Thread

Sep 21, '16, 10:48am

My collection is growing :-)

dizzeekid
Pure One
PSN: DizzeePK803
Steam: DizzeeDX

The Anime Thread

Sep 21, '16, 4:16pm

I am currently watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable. I've already read the manga so I mostly look forward to seeing people's reactions to the episodes.

And after weeks of neglecting it, I've finally caught up with Love Live! Sunshine!! and I am loving it.
old account tho...

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Sep 22, '16, 3:25pm

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - the animation quality has definitely improved in the second series. Considering the first series had a tight budget due to the low ratings. Glad they made those movies on the series to give the show new life and help established a great franchise. One that I am shocked Hollywood hasn't tried to destroy.

JRV
Baller

Sep 22, '16, 6:21pm

Deathtone wrote:Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - the animation quality has definitely improved in the second series. Considering the first series had a tight budget due to the low ratings. Glad they made those movies on the series to give the show new life and help established a great franchise. One that I am shocked Hollywood hasn't tried to destroy.

Yeah that is all very true. I also like how they changed the story slightly in the movie version, personally I like that ending more then the series ending.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Sep 23, '16, 5:41pm

Trying to watch Genocyber... not the best.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Sep 28, '16, 2:23pm

Watching more Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. Lol damn main character keeps getting smacked. Unintentionally hilarious or is it?

Cant wait for the new anime to come out. This passing season hasn't been to good in my opinion. I did enjoy Food Wars but it wasn't as good as the first season. The other anime I watched I didn't make it through. Huh. Well the good news with that was I watched a bunch of classics that I had put on the back burner.

I know Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans season 2 is coming. Hopefully on Crunchyroll. I'm hoping for some suprises though.

JRV
Baller

Sep 28, '16, 8:17pm

Deathtone wrote:Cant wait for the new anime to come out. This passing season hasn't been to good in my opinion. I did enjoy Food Wars but it wasn't as good as the first season. The other anime I watched I didn't make it through. Huh. Well the good news with that was I watched a bunch of classics that I had put on the back burner.

I know Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans season 2 is coming. Hopefully on Crunchyroll. I'm hoping for some suprises though.

Yeah completely agree, it was such a strange season too. Arslan was good but short, being only 8 eps, Planetarian was amazing, touch but also very short. ReLife was amazing and awesome, but it came out the same day, so I was done with it like the first weekend of the season. The only show I watched each week was Sweetness and Lighting which was amazing, and Morose Mononokean which was a big surprise for me but it was a odd season. I also agree Food Wars wasn't as good this season.

I agree, I am also looking forward to IBO. Personally I am looking forward to Haikyu season 3 which will be no less then good, and most likely awesome. The rugby anime could be okay, given it is a madhouse anime. Then I think Drifters has potential, but other then that it seems a really weak season from what I can tell so far.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Sep 29, '16, 8:10am

Finally finished Berserk.

► Show Spoiler

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

Sep 29, '16, 8:16am

Jay wrote:Finally finished Berserk.

► Show Spoiler

Because life isn't fair. Also the new cgi anime isn't as good. It's more of an eye sore.

I would recommend the manga but that damn thing has no end in sight.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Sep 29, '16, 8:52am

Deathtone wrote:
Jay wrote:Finally finished Berserk.

► Show Spoiler

Because life isn't fair. Also the new cgi anime isn't as good. It's more of an eye sore.

I would recommend the manga but that damn thing has no end in sight.

But there is so much material left and nobody wants to read a stoopit book. Books suck.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums

The Anime Thread

Oct 01, '16, 11:46am

The new anime season begins! GregPAX

WAGNARIA!! series 2!!! Nickgasm

Hoping for a good season. portilloShu

JRV
Baller

Oct 07, '16, 8:39pm

Have to admit for the most part this season nap has been very underwhelming so far. Haikyu and Drifters so far are the only interesting ones, and I know IBO will be good plus Days is decent, Yet, everything else feels meh at best for me. I hope everyone else is enjoying them more than me.

Return to “TV Series”