User avatar
One-Shot
Management
Management
Posts: 4735
Joined: May 18, '15, 7:45am
Location: Atlanta GA
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot
Contact: Skype

Iron Fist

Oct 04, '16, 5:54am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEJeWB3RA8

https://youtu.be/f9OKL5no-S0




March 17, 2017

Glad it's coming relatively soon. Makes sense since Defenders is supposed to be end of next year.


edit: added trailer

 ! Message from: Deathtone
added trailer
Image
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

User avatar
Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard
Posts: 6000
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 7:08am

Isn't Daredevil usually around that time? :O

User avatar
One-Shot
Management
Management
Posts: 4735
Joined: May 18, '15, 7:45am
Location: Atlanta GA
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot
Contact: Skype

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 8:08am

Jay wrote:Isn't Daredevil usually around that time? :O

Sure, but it's possible they are holding off season 3 until after Defenders, unless they said something different and I missed it.
Image
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

User avatar
nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 4476
Joined: Dec 02, '15, 1:36pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA / Erie, PA
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG
Contact: Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 12:12pm

Out of the different Marvel Netflix shows, this is the one that I am probably the most lukewarm about. Even with that said, I still feel like I am going to enjoy it, and maybe it might surprise me.

User avatar
Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard
Posts: 6000
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 3:10pm

nicktorious_BIG wrote:Out of the different Marvel Netflix shows, this is the one that I am probably the most lukewarm about. Even with that said, I still feel like I am going to enjoy it, and maybe it might surprise me.

Of all them I thought Luke Cage would not be as good as Jessica Jones and Daredevil but it turned out great. I still like the other 2 better but I still loved Luke Cage.

Iron fist I think has the potential to be great but I don't know enough about him or his villains to really say.

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3546
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 3:18pm

I hope it does not start out as slowwwww as Luke Cage

I hope it does more then just have a guy with power vs a punch of guys without powers

User avatar
Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard
Posts: 6000
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 3:33pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:I hope it does not start out as slowwwww as Luke Cage

I hope it does more then just have a guy with power vs a punch of guys without powers
I mean, Iron Fist isn't bullet proof. He's more like Daredevil. Where as Luke Cage was more like Jessica Jones.

Luke Cage Spoilers:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3546
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 4:01pm

Jay wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:I hope it does not start out as slowwwww as Luke Cage

I hope it does more then just have a guy with power vs a punch of guys without powers
I mean, Iron Fist isn't bullet proof. He's more like Daredevil. Where as Luke Cage was more like Jessica Jones.

Luke Cage Spoilers:
► Show Spoiler

It's good you were fine with how slow it is...but for me the show feels too similar to Dare Devil at least at the start to normal guy talking on crime and one smart powerful man controls the crime. at least Jessica which was also slow had a interesting villain with a power that was not just punching you.
Also I wish he had a reason to care about the people....they kill his best reason to fight in the first few episodes and I'm also tired of Dirty Cops

CAN we for once have cops who want to stop bad guys.....Daredevil and Jessica already done this....can they surprise me and not have cops not stupid/pointless

User avatar
nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 4476
Joined: Dec 02, '15, 1:36pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA / Erie, PA
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG
Contact: Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 4:14pm

Jay wrote:Iron fist I think has the potential to be great but I don't know enough about him or his villains to really say.

Yeah, the fact that I know little to nothing about Iron Fist's character is the reason why I am not as excited. But hey, this will probably be a good introduction to his character so it all might work out.

User avatar
Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard
Posts: 6000
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 5:35pm

nicktorious_BIG wrote:
Jay wrote:Iron fist I think has the potential to be great but I don't know enough about him or his villains to really say.

Yeah, the fact that I know little to nothing about Iron Fist's character is the reason why I am not as excited. But hey, this will probably be a good introduction to his character so it all might work out.

But the little I know about him seems cool. He's basically a Dragon Ball character.

User avatar
BuffArms
Baller
Posts: 1838
Joined: Jan 28, '16, 12:30pm

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 04, '16, 9:30pm

I liked Luke Cage, so that has gotten my enthusiasm up for Iron Fist, as Power Man and Iron Fist is a thing!
Image
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

User avatar
Mavryk
Management
Management
Posts: 5471
Joined: May 16, '15, 10:34pm
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven
Contact: Twitter

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 05, '16, 1:36am

I am hopeful for Iron Fist. Luke Cage is exactly what I expected it to be, a great quality show but with forgettable villain(s) and a good story that really doesn't add to anything. I feel that so far if you skipped Luke Cage you wouldn't be missing much in terms of further building the MCU, but it's still a good show.

I just hope Iron Fist introduces a decent bad guy. as so far I rank these Netflix/Marvel series based on their antagonists.
Image
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard
Posts: 6000
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 05, '16, 4:18pm

Mavryk wrote:I am hopeful for Iron Fist. Luke Cage is exactly what I expected it to be, a great quality show but with forgettable villain(s) and a good story that really doesn't add to anything. I feel that so far if you skipped Luke Cage you wouldn't be missing much in terms of further building the MCU, but it's still a good show.

I just hope Iron Fist introduces a decent bad guy. as so far I rank these Netflix/Marvel series based on their antagonists.

I think that is how they should be ranked. There is no hero without a villain and the stronger the villain, the stronger the hero.

User avatar
HavokX
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 733
Joined: Jun 07, '15, 8:19pm
PSN: Havok83

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 07, '16, 9:11am

Dang, i still need to watch jessica jones
Image

User avatar
One-Shot
Management
Management
Posts: 4735
Joined: May 18, '15, 7:45am
Location: Atlanta GA
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot
Contact: Skype

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 08, '16, 6:03pm

Image
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

User avatar
Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3467
Joined: May 26, '15, 11:45am
Location: Knox, TN
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 09, '16, 12:43am

Looking good.
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

User avatar
Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard
Posts: 6000
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Oct 09, '16, 4:52am

Was that voice Splinter from the current TMNT series? :D

Also, just wait till he trains so hard he goes bald. That's when the fun will really start.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TUTJ0klnKk

User avatar
Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3467
Joined: May 26, '15, 11:45am
Location: Knox, TN
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Feb 07, '17, 8:51am

We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

User avatar
BluenoseGames
Producer
Posts: 374
Joined: Dec 05, '15, 5:23pm
Location: England
XBL: BluenoseGames
PSN: BluenoseGames

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Feb 07, '17, 9:00am

Nothing really grabbed me unlike Daredevil and Jessica Jones but hey I got hooked into Luke Cage and I wasn't a big fan of the trailers for that so who knows.
"Why doesn't everyone just wear Iron Man Suits" - Colin 2016

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3546
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Iron Fist Release Date Announced

Feb 07, '17, 9:40am

It looks great...but hoping it has it's own real story.....feel like the Hand at this point are over used and another season of fighting them seems unoriginal to say the least..so I hope we get some other villain besides Ninja's

Return to “TV Series”