Arrow | Season 5 | DC / CW | Spoilers

Dec 14, '16, 10:01pm

Im really late to this.. as usual.

► Show Spoiler

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Re: Arrow | Season 5 | DC / CW | Spoilers

Jan 26, '17, 9:38am

Did they really bring back Laurel just so Felicity can punch her in the face? portilloDismissed

Sanjiv
Producer
PSN: Sanjiv333

Jan 26, '17, 11:21am

Jay wrote:Did they really bring back Laurel just so Felicity can punch her in the face? portilloDismissed

LMAO the show loves giving Felicity those kinds of moments. At first I was glad Laurel came back after what happened in season 4, but
► Show Spoiler

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Jan 26, '17, 12:00pm

Sanjiv wrote:
Jay wrote:Did they really bring back Laurel just so Felicity can punch her in the face? portilloDismissed

LMAO the show loves giving Felicity those kinds of moments. At first I was glad Laurel came back after what happened in season 4, but
► Show Spoiler

But like, of all the characters they had to use Felicity to punch her just to rub it in some more?

Sanjiv
Producer

Jan 26, '17, 12:41pm

Jay wrote:But like, of all the characters they had to use Felicity to punch her just to rub it in some more?

Out of all the other characters it would have to be Oliver or Felicity to take her out, because there is no connection with her and Curtis/Rene/Rory. I don't think Oliver would have punched her due to their relationship, but I agree with you that scene was unnecessary.

BTW the woman at the bar at the end of the episode was that the same news reporter from earlier in the season, I can't remember if that was her?

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jan 30, '17, 9:46pm

Sanjiv wrote:Out of all the other characters it would have to be Oliver or Felicity to take her out, because there is no connection with her and Curtis/Rene/Rory. I don't think Oliver would have punched her due to their relationship, but I agree with you that scene was unnecessary.

BTW the woman at the bar at the end of the episode was that the same news reporter from earlier in the season, I can't remember if that was her?

The one who Olly was into? Nah I don't think it was. She seems like yet another new character.

I'm glad they didn't keep Laurel around, it kills all suspense from having characters in danger.

And Talia! Played by the gorgeous Lexa Doig no less, I can't wait to see her and Nyssa together. Though I though Talia was a lot younger than Nyssa, so why is she showing up in Flash backs as an adult?
► Show Spoiler

Sanjiv
Producer

Jan 31, '17, 5:53am

Mavryk wrote:
The one who Olly was into? Nah I don't think it was. She seems like yet another new character.

And Talia! Played by the gorgeous Lexa Doig no less, I can't wait to see her and Nyssa together. Though I though Talia was a lot younger than Nyssa, so why is she showing up in Flash backs as an adult?

Okay, for some reason she just looked familiar, but I don't mind them introducing new characters instead.

Talia is older if I remember correctly, I'm not sure why shes in but I really hope this fixes the flash back mistake in season 3. Oliver needs to learn about the league of assassins because they never established him learning about them.

Sanjiv
Producer

Feb 02, '17, 7:19am

Well I'm glad that got a suitable replacement for the team that has some experience fighting. Is it just me but is Team Arrow kinda hypocritical, because they'll kill henchmen, especially Wild Dog straight up shooting guys with guns, but then say "don't kill him/her". This episode reminded me a whole lot of the Huntress episode as well. But Oliver is okay with helping this character out though, what's the deal with that?

Mavryk
Management
Management

Feb 05, '17, 7:13am

Yeah the show has an identity crisis. Its trying to become season 1 again, but its tied to the lessons that Olly has learnt over the past few years that it cant be that brutal again.

I wonder if this chick is the real Black Canary from the comics? The ending kinda hinted that they want to go that way.

Im also glad that they are giving Felicity a non-romantic subplot now, I just hope that they stick with it.

Im still not a fan of Team Arrow though. Mr Terrific kinda sucks in most situations, and Wild Dog is just a lame superhero/vigilante. Rags man is the only cool new addition, but seems to be relegated to being Felicitys exposition partner, when he should be out in the field and Curtis should be in the cave.

Lexa is killing it as Talia, and I'm glad that they are tying up loose ends with the flashbacks.
► Show Spoiler

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Feb 05, '17, 9:01am

Arrow is starting to piss me off again. I hate that they are doing everything they can to replace Laurel. They basically just want to erase everything because they made a big mistake even right down to naming the new Black Canary "Dinah" when Laurel's name is Dinah Laurel Lance. Also, Laurel's mom is named Dinah too.

I hate this whole finding a new black canary thing. We had one and she was fucking awesome and the show killed her off. Actually, we had 2, we also had Sara. I think the only Black Canary replacement I would have been okay with would have been Sara. I'm not even a big Sara fan but at least it makes sense and technically she was it before Laurel. Sara could have taken the Black Canary mantle over to Legends.

And to piss me off even more, WHERE THE FUCK IS THEA? My second favorite character (1st if you don't count Laurel) is barely on Arrow anymore. Instead we got all of these new characters none of us care about.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Feb 05, '17, 6:00pm

I've never been much of a Laurel fan, the actress never sold me on being a kickass super heroine. The idea in the last episode that Oliver had such high standards for the next Black Canary was laughable, as Laurel was an amateur at best.

I'm kinda glad that Thea and Quentin Lance aren't in it much anymore. Not because I don't like the actors or the characters, but because it's clear that they writers had no real purpose for them anymore, and rather than just shoe-horning them into scenes they are just gone.
► Show Spoiler

Sanjiv
Producer

Feb 06, '17, 2:36pm

Mavryk wrote:I've never been much of a Laurel fan, the actress never sold me on being a kickass super heroine. The idea in the last episode that Oliver had such high standards for the next Black Canary was laughable, as Laurel was an amateur at best.

I'm kinda glad that Thea and Quentin Lance aren't in it much anymore. Not because I don't like the actors or the characters, but because it's clear that they writers had no real purpose for them anymore, and rather than just shoe-horning them into scenes they are just gone.

I'm so happy we are not seeing Thea anymore, her character was so annoying for me. With Malcolm in legends there's really no more purpose of having her in the show. I was so angry when she suited up because she wanted to fight aliens. I'm pretty sure we'll see them again near the end of the season.

As for Laurel I think she was always better as a DA like in season 1, she didn't have to be a fighter to be a valuable member for the team. It was funny how they mentioned all these qualified women who are more capable of fighting than Laurel. I did like the fact Oliver was looking for someone to give them a 2nd chance.

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Feb 06, '17, 7:18pm

Mavryk wrote:I'm kinda glad that Thea and Quentin Lance aren't in it much anymore. Not because I don't like the actors or the characters, but because it's clear that they writers had no real purpose for them anymore, and rather than just shoe-horning them into scenes they are just gone.

But why can't Thea just be there? Like all of the other people on Team Arrow. Not everyone needs a purpose. I'd rather Thea than any of the other rookies currently on that team.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Feb 06, '17, 8:48pm

Jay wrote:But why can't Thea just be there? Like all of the other people on Team Arrow. Not everyone needs a purpose. I'd rather Thea than any of the other rookies currently on that team.

Because it would be weird if she just hanged out in the cave and did nothing. The only way she can be relevant again is if she puts on the suit, and I totally agree I would much rather her than Wild Dog or Mr Terrific. I think Raggs brings in enough "new" to have a space on the team.

My Dream Team:
Green Arrow
John Diggle as Green Lantern
Nyssa or Talia
Ragman or Constantine
Ray Palmer
► Show Spoiler

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Feb 07, '17, 12:48pm

Mavryk wrote:
Jay wrote:But why can't Thea just be there? Like all of the other people on Team Arrow. Not everyone needs a purpose. I'd rather Thea than any of the other rookies currently on that team.

Because it would be weird if she just hanged out in the cave and did nothing. The only way she can be relevant again is if she puts on the suit, and I totally agree I would much rather her than Wild Dog or Mr Terrific. I think Raggs brings in enough "new" to have a space on the team.

My Dream Team:
Green Arrow
John Diggle as Green Lantern
Nyssa or Talia
Ragman or Constantine
Ray Palmer
I really don't like the idea of super powers on Arrow. I know they've done it but I never really liked it. Unless its a villain or a drug or something.

Sanjiv
Producer

Feb 07, '17, 4:42pm

I agree super powers on arrow never really worked well, the exception was season 2 but that was just enhanced strength. Arrow has always worked best with street level threats, Damien was way too powerful for them to handle. As much as I would like to see green lantern I don't think the CW has the budget to do it right.

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Feb 07, '17, 5:45pm

Sanjiv wrote:I agree super powers on arrow never really worked well, the exception was season 2 but that was just enhanced strength. Arrow has always worked best with street level threats, Damien was way too powerful for them to handle. As much as I would like to see green lantern I don't think the CW has the budget to do it right.

That's probably the worst thing about the Arrowverse. Ever since CW started doing other shows slowly Arrow has brought in more and more super powers. Arrow is best when he's Walmart Batman.

Sanjiv
Producer

Mar 25, '17, 4:45am

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm really loving these last few episodes of Arrow. I really hope this momentum is carried out until the end of the season.

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Mar 25, '17, 2:16pm

Yeah last episode especially was pretty top notch. Some great performances.
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

Mavryk
Management
Management

Mar 26, '17, 9:30pm

Finally caught up and I have to say I agree. The past few episodes really have brought it back to the highlights of S2. My only issue with them has been Prometheus' identity. It was so obvious and boring that it's become the Flash's trade mark. I hope they continue Arrow to deal with the heavy themes of death and being a superhero vigilante, it's what this show promised to be in the first two series.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “TV Series”