AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: AirMcLaren

Re: Tulsa police shooting investigated by Justice Department

Sep 26, '16, 10:55am

Raging Light wrote:Is there any reasonable justification you can come up with for shooting him? Even if we assume he was on PCP?

Given the information we have at this time, I can't come up with a conclusion. I think that Crutcher was acting suspicious AF and wasn't complying with an officer in the middle of the road. I think that creates tension to a situation that didn't need it, and I think drugs are what caused Crutcher to act the way he did. If you remove drugs from the equation, none of this probably happens. It all starts with the drugs, which is why I would be hesitant to give a guilty verdict if I was a juror. I think the officer should be fired, serve community service, training, etc. I don't think she deserves 4 years to life in prison and a criminal record.

I'm not trying to dodge your question, I just think the gray area is too large at this moment to come up with a definitive yes/no answer.
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

niliuscofc
Baller
PSN: niliuscofc

Tulsa police shooting investigated by Justice Department

Oct 12, '16, 9:36am

AirMcLaren wrote:This starts to explain Crutchers odd and unpredictable behavior, assuming he was under the influence of the drugs found in the vehicle.

The unpredictability of Crutcher will make him at least somewhat accountable for how the incident played out. The officer still fucked up, but Crutcher played a part in it if he was high on drugs in the middle of the road. That could very well be enough to not get a conviction.

The assumption is correct.

Autopsy: Unarmed man shot by Tulsa police was high on PCP
To grind, or not to grind...

AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oct 12, '16, 10:17am

Well, then.

Thanks for the update. I feel like we all get so involved when incidents like this happen, but then we never follow up or through with the end result.

BuffArms
Baller

Oct 12, '16, 3:06pm

AirMcLaren wrote:Well, then.

Thanks for the update. I feel like we all get so involved when incidents like this happen, but then we never follow up or through with the end result.

I wonder how much that has to do with the media not proving 10000 web articles and 24/7 cable coverage after the protests/riots are over with, and they can't play up their narrative angle to it.

How many of those websites that covered the shooting will now have a story update pointing out that he was high on pcp at the time? 50%, 25%, 10%...

The fun part where they get to play up the civil rights defender of the people angle is over, now its the hard responsibility and shades of gray time.

AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oct 12, '16, 9:10pm

Which is ironic because in my opinion that's the most interesting part. But people in general are stupid, so...

AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 17, '17, 10:13pm

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Tulsa police shooting investigated by Justice Department | 5/17 Update: Not Guilty

May 17, '17, 11:05pm

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Tulsa police shooting investigated by Justice Department | 5/17 Update: Not Guilty

May 18, '17, 10:04am

I understand her fear.....but go do I wish we had a weapon that could just taser people to the group

AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tulsa police shooting investigated by Justice Department | 5/17 Update: Not Guilty

May 18, '17, 10:13am

Like... a Taser?

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Re: Tulsa police shooting investigated by Justice Department | 5/17 Update: Not Guilty

May 18, '17, 11:03am

AirMcLaren wrote:Like... a Taser?

Not used in many cases so more like a dart you can shot into some that stunned them

The man was on drugs no doubt a he could have become a danger but I still don't want to just shot people for that, unless we want to vote on new laws that allow any usual behavior to be a crime punishable by death

I don't think the cop is a murder, she was scared and in this day and age makes sense but just wish we had more non lethal weapons

AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 18, '17, 11:06am

JerrodDRagon wrote:Not used in many cases so more like a dart you can shot into some that stunned them

I'm confused.

That's what a Taser is and does, essentially. Prongs (darts?) shoot out of the gun and stick to the target and stuns them.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

May 18, '17, 11:09am

AirMcLaren wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:Not used in many cases so more like a dart you can shot into some that stunned them

I'm confused.

That's what a Taser is and does, essentially. Prongs (darts?) shoot out of the gun and stick to the target and stuns them.

lol
Well its not effect enough to be the first thing we use....I would rather on civilians that aren't gang members or an danger (like some person with a gun shooting people) not be killed if we can make tech that neutralizes them rather then kill them and be a viable option one

The_Redback
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

May 18, '17, 3:15pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:
I don't think the cop is a murder, she was scared and in this day and age makes sense but just wish we had more non lethal weapons

The problem is that there is no such thing as a non-lethal weapon. They are just less-lethal weapons. People die from tazers all the time or from the results of being tazed.

Its a hard situation but if you are a police officer and your are too scared/can't stay calm in the face of potential conflict then perhaps you just aren't cut out to be a cop.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
Twitter: @The_Redback
Twitch: The_Redback

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

May 18, '17, 3:39pm

The_Redback wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:

The problem is that there is no such thing as a non-lethal weapon. They are just less-lethal weapons. People die from tazers all the time or from the results of being tazed.

Its a hard situation but if you are a police officer and your are too scared/can't stay calm in the face of potential conflict then perhaps you just aren't cut out to be a cop.

There is that too but we are only human not super hero's like in the movies

Its hard because I want cops to be safe and there lives should be higher then idiots who are just being assholes, but at the sametime being an asshole should not get you killed. In this case she did what she thought she had to and I wish it didn't happen this way but I don't think she did it because of race but because the man was drugged out and moving towards his car and not following orders.
This is just way you have to try your best to do as they say, got pulled over the other day for speeding (ironically man cars zoomed past me going like 85-90 but I was somehow the target)
I had my hands on the wheels, did as he said and told him officer at max I was going 70 (which is my normal speed) and got off with a warning...but some how if I mouthed off could have ended with me being arrested over nothing

BuffArms
Baller

May 19, '17, 12:43pm

The idea that a woman who in 11 years had never before fired her weapon would be convicted for shooting a large man high on PCP who failed to follow a lawful order and reached into his vehicle was ludicrous.

If only the media would stop pushing the false BLM narrative to satisfy their politics and drum up ratings.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

May 19, '17, 12:51pm

BuffArms wrote:The idea that a woman who in 11 years had never before fired her weapon would be convicted for shooting a large man high on PCP who failed to follow a lawful order and reached into his vehicle was ludicrous.

If only the media would stop pushing the false BLM narrative to satisfy their politics and drum up ratings.

I can agree she is not at fault but can we agree it would be nice not to have to kill these people.

They may not be worth more than you can throw them to us, but they have families and friends and if we can I would rather keep these people alive.

BuffArms
Baller

May 19, '17, 1:03pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:
BuffArms wrote:The idea that a woman who in 11 years had never before fired her weapon would be convicted for shooting a large man high on PCP who failed to follow a lawful order and reached into his vehicle was ludicrous.

I can agree she is not at fault but can we agree it would be nice not to have to kill these people.

They may not be worth more than you can throw them to us, but they have families and friends and if we can I would rather keep these people alive.

It would be nice if people stopped doing such obviously idiotic stuff like getting jacked up on PCP and then going out for a drive. The police are not going out there looking to kill people. Its the people who are putting them into that situation.

AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 19, '17, 1:07pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:can we agree it would be nice not to have to kill these people.

I think it's safe to say everyone agrees with that. No one is glad this guy is dead, or that the woman shot him.

That's not the point of the discussion.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

May 19, '17, 1:27pm

AirMcLaren wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:can we agree it would be nice not to have to kill these people.

I think it's safe to say everyone agrees with that. No one is glad this guy is dead, or that the woman shot him.

That's not the point of the discussion.

Maybe its just comments then because many times seems like on most issues you are either full on for this or full on against this.

Like I said I'm fine she is off, I believe she feared for her life but would like some newer training or weapons that allowed more of these people captured if possible

AirMcLaren
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 19, '17, 1:52pm

Like, me specifically?

Did you read this post? Or this post? Specifically, this part--
AirMcLaren wrote:Once again, because I know there are those that will misinterpret what I'm saying, these men still, despite everything else, died tragically and probably unnecessarily.

Return to “Politics & Social Debates”