BuffArms
Baller

Alt Right/Antifa/Nazis/Communists fight it out in Charlottesville, 1 dead

Aug 12, '17, 3:00pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/1-dead-19-injured-after-car-plows-into-protesters-in-charlottesville/

One person was killed and 19 others were injured Saturday when a car plowed into a group of protesters in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, hours after police broke up violent confrontations ahead of a scheduled rally of white nationalists.

The media of course calls them counter protesters. Tries to make them seem normal. But look at the signs they are holding, thats right communists, black supremacists, Antifa. The driver has not been identified yet, and the footage doesn't show clearly what happens. Of course the media spin is Trump supporter runs over peaceful protesters, the more realistic theory is Alt Right member runs over communists.

Even when they show up with a homemade flamethrower, they are still counter-protesters to the media. SeemsGood

The more the media lies about this, the more they try and engineer it for their progressive politics, the more the Alt right is going to grow. This is a reactionary movement due to the cultural marxism being forced onto people. You want less white supremacists, stop supporting the diversity programs that are intentionally discriminating against white people, stop supporting classes on 'White privilege', 'ending whiteness', or any other racist leftwing nonsense.

We cannot have the left of this country spouting off identitarian bullshit all day, and not expect a growing white identitarian movement to grow in response. You cannot argue that races V,X, and Y should be proud and strong and work together to raise up their race, and then be upset against race Z doing it.

I grew up in the 90s, and back then at least we were taught to look past skin color, look past gender, to not buy into identity bullshit. That is what we need to get back to, and to do that all identity politics peddlers must be condemned, and all racial and gender discrimination must be stopped.
Last edited by BuffArms on Aug 15, '17, 9:32am, edited 1 time in total.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Facist White Supremacists vs Communist Black Supremacists in VA

Aug 12, '17, 3:06pm

Holy shit, someone died? I was just watching that insanity this morning.

This really needs to stop.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

BuffArms
Baller

Aug 12, '17, 3:11pm

Raging Light wrote:Holy shit, someone died? I was just watching that insanity this morning.

This really needs to stop.

Yeah one person has died. I think everyone else will be okay though. This has been escalating for a couple years now. First it was leftists blocking conservatives on campuses, then conservatives holding free speech demonstrations, then Antifa and other leftists attacking free speech demonstrations, bashing their skulls with heavy objects, throwing bricks, being jailed, and now the alt right has killed an Antifa supporter.

I dont think this is where the escalation stops, I think the media coverage is so one sided its going to embolden both sides, and next time it will be worse.

II GTA FREEK II
Baller
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Aug 12, '17, 3:17pm

Just checking in to see if society is still completely fucked up. I see nothing has changed. HeavyBreathing
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

BuffArms
Baller

Re: Facist White Supremacists vs Communist Black Supremacists in VA

Aug 12, '17, 3:40pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/helicopter-c ... 08737.html

Police say a helicopter has crashed near Charlottesville, Virginia, where violent clashes erupted at the site of a white nationalist rally. However, it was unclear if the crash may have been linked to the rally.

Body Count is now up to 3. Though 2 of those appear to be an accident, though likely one that would not have happened if this hadn't turned into a shitshow.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego
PSN: LindsayKelsey

Aug 12, '17, 4:29pm

BuffArms wrote:and the footage doesn't show clearly what happens

https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/sta ... ht&fref=gc

Give me a break.

At least one person is dead in what is arguably an act of terrorism, whether the POTUS will call it that or not.

Oh but the evil left.

The_Almighty_Foofy
Baller
XBL: A 2Piece Combo
PSN: PhantomPain20xx
NNID: SW-5606-2665-3891
Steam: atomic_pingas

Aug 12, '17, 4:47pm

BuffArms wrote:This is a reactionary movement due to the cultural marxism being forced onto people. You want less white supremacists, stop supporting the diversity programs that are intentionally discriminating against white people

I grew up in the 90s, and back then at least we were taught to look past skin color, look past gender, to not buy into identity bullshit. That is what we need to get back to, and to do that all identity politics peddlers must be condemned, and all racial and gender discrimination must be stopped.

Dude, you're entitled to your opinion but how naive are you to think that nazi supporters, white supremacists, and klan members are here now because of a so called forcing of diversity on people? White supremacists were here LONG before diversity programs were put in place. You think that not having diversity programs will make them go away when the belief they hold is that people like me are lesser than them? Seriously, get over that. Its fucking infuriating. I'll admit there are certain ideas on the left that bother me as a left leaning person but the idea that white supremacists were born over the past decade? Give me a fucking break. Maybe in your world you didnt have to worry about that but its something that is instilled in me since I was child. Its a fear that people like me have to deal with.

I get that you might have more right leaning tendencies and honestly, that's fine. But every one of these types of posts you're quick to condemn the left or diversity supporters before alt-rights or Nazis or the Klan. You seem to hesitate to condemn the actual sides that have a well documented history of murder and genocide and systematically disenfranchising certain groups of people.
"It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right."

"Ore wa Gundam da"

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Aug 12, '17, 4:49pm

BuffArms wrote:

Yeah man, the 90's sure were great.

Back when gay people couldn't legally marry

Back in 1992 during the LA Riots after Rodney King was brutally beaten by police and the verdict came through that the officers were not guilty.

I'm sorry, but who exactly were the 90's better for?

What about the Million Man March (1995)?

The Million Woman March (1997)?

The Civil Rights Act of 1991?

The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990?

The Equal Opportunity Act of 1995?

Your ahistorical view of what the 90's were like doesn't hold up.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Aug 12, '17, 5:02pm

The_Almighty_Foofy wrote:You seem to hesitate to condemn the actual sides that have a well documented history of murder and genocide and systematically disenfranchising certain groups of people.

Go back and re-read his post, he already condemned the communists.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Aug 12, '17, 5:08pm

This twitter thread is great and sums up all my feelings

https://twitter.com/JuliusGoat/status/8 ... 1832925184

The_Almighty_Foofy
Baller

Aug 12, '17, 5:09pm

The_Redback wrote:
The_Almighty_Foofy wrote:You seem to hesitate to condemn the actual sides that have a well documented history of murder and genocide and systematically disenfranchising certain groups of people.

Please go back and re-read his post, he already condemned the communists.

I know what he wrote and my issue comes with him saying that this is all because of diversity efforts as if recent attempts over the past decade have spawned this far right white supremacist movement. As if efforts to create more diversity have created situations like this. Most people agree today that the condemning of these acts fall on white supremacists, not on counter protesters. They existed long before this and just because there is a more vocal effort for diversity does not essentially lower or split the blame for what happened today.
"It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right."

"Ore wa Gundam da"

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 12, '17, 5:15pm

The_Almighty_Foofy wrote:
The_Redback wrote:

Please go back and re-read his post, he already condemned the communists.

I know what he wrote and my issue comes with him saying that this is all because of diversity efforts as if recent attempts over the past decade have spawned this far right white supremacist movement. As if efforts to create more diversity have created situations like this. Most people agree today that the condemning of these acts fall on white supremacists, not on counter protesters. They existed long before this and just because there is a more vocal effort for diversity does not essentially lower or split the blame for what happened today.

Actually the blame is 100% split. Communists can't spend hours beating people at the rally with weapons to a pulp, surrounding them in a park and shooting fireworks at them, hurling bottles/rocks/bricks/nails at them for hours and then act all surprised and act innocent when it escalates. Prior to the communists turning up and attempting to suppress the speech of the initial protesters it was all peaceful.

How do I know all this? I was watching the livestreams/periscopes of the event. Quite frankly, anyone that wasn't watching that footage of the event in the hours leading up to the car crash doesn't really have any idea what they are talking about because they don't know what was happening.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Aug 12, '17, 5:21pm

Next time someone is murdered, because that's what happened, don't forget it's 50% the victim's fault.

Wow.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 12, '17, 5:28pm

Lindsay wrote:Next time someone is murdered, because that's what happened, don't forget it's 50% the victim's fault.

Wow.

Yeah, because that is what I said. Nailed it Lindsay.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Aug 12, '17, 5:33pm

The_Redback wrote:

You just said if one group escalated the situation then they are 50% liable when the other group escalates it to the point of terrorism/murder, no?

Granted, that's not what Foofy was talking about anyway.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 12, '17, 5:51pm

Lindsay wrote:
The_Redback wrote:

You just said if one group escalated the situation then they are 50% liable when the other group escalates it to the point of terrorism/murder, no?

What I was saying is that when a group of people are constantly getting literally beaten with weapons by organised groups of people in order to oppress their speech/force them to submit then there is always an inevitable escalation of violence when those people fight back. It is not surprising that something like this has finally happened at one of these events.

Ironically it was same kinds of retaliation/fighting back that really got the whole civil rights movement going in the first place.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Aug 12, '17, 5:57pm

There's a bit of a difference between saying it's not surprising (because it's not) and "both sides-ing" acts of terrorism.

Especially when in this thread we've condemned the left.

And we've condemned communists.

But we've not condemned the person who committed this act.

Nor have we condemned White Supremacists/Nationalists.

The subtext is pretty clear.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 12, '17, 6:01pm

Lindsay wrote:There's a bit of a difference between saying it's not surprising (because it's not) and "both sides-ing" acts of terrorism.

Especially when in this thread we've condemned the left.

And we've condemned communists.

But we've not condemned the person who committed this act.

Nor have we condemned White Supremacists/Nationalists.

The subtext is pretty clear.

I have already said that there is blame to be placed on both sides. Just what is that subtext Lindsay? Go on, stop playing games, what are you trying not to say outright?

The_Almighty_Foofy
Baller

Aug 12, '17, 6:03pm

I'm just more curious when we got to the point that suddenly people with nazi/kkk/white supremacist viewpoints are worth defending which is ultimately, my biggest problem. Especially when there is a clear recorded history of what they stand for and that America (at least on paper though it occasionally fails at this) has publicly stated that these values are not what the country stands for. I know we should try to hear all sides but for me personally, nazi/kkk/white supremacist viewpoints have NO seat at the table.

"Ore wa Gundam da"

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aug 12, '17, 6:06pm

The_Almighty_Foofy wrote:I'm just more curious when we got to the point that suddenly people with nazi/kkk/white supremacist viewpoints are worth defending which is ultimately, my biggest problem. Especially when there is a clear recorded history of what they stand for and that America (at least on paper though it occasionally fails at this) has publicly stated that these values are not what the country stands for. I know we should try to hear all sides but for me personally, nazi/kkk/white supremacist viewpoints have NO seat at the table.

Freedom of speech has no limitations. The good comes with the bad. What right does someone have to tell another person they cannot say something? When people get to the point where they are using violent means to make another person not say something, well, that my friend is fascism.

Return to “Politics & Social Debates”