User avatar
BuffArms
Baller
Posts: 1511
Joined: Jan 28, '16, 12:30pm

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 12, '17, 2:56pm

The_Redback wrote: Or else what?


Yeah this was a sentiment Andrea and Greg were pushing in KFGD which I don't really understand. As if their displeasure somehow will destroy PewDiePie.

The last time he got in trouble, when the WSJ ran a hit piece on him, he had 55M subscribers. Now he has 57M subscribers. The circulation of the WSJ is 2 Million. He grew by about the same amount as the total circulation of the WSJ, after the WSJ NAZI expose on him.

The power of the progressive press to ruin him is incredibly suspect.
Image
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

User avatar
Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 2542
Joined: Jan 14, '16, 3:25pm
Location: Tselinoyarsk, USSR
PSN: XDaimyo
Contact: Website

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 12, '17, 2:59pm

The_Redback wrote:
Raging Light wrote:This better be the last racist controversy I see swarming around this particular youtuber.


Or else what?


Or else nothing, lol. That wasn't a threat. I just don't want to see anymore of these easily avoidable kerfuffles.
Image

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."
.

User avatar
The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 3060
Joined: Jun 02, '15, 7:54pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Steam: The_Redback
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 12, '17, 3:06pm

Raging Light wrote:
The_Redback wrote:
Raging Light wrote:This better be the last racist controversy I see swarming around this particular youtuber.


Or else what?


Or else nothing, lol. That wasn't a threat. I just don't want to see anymore of these easily avoidable kerfuffles.


Fair call. SeemsGood
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

User avatar
Jay
Tim's Disney Princess
Posts: 5867
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 12, '17, 4:13pm

BuffArms wrote:
The_Redback wrote: Or else what?


Yeah this was a sentiment Andrea and Greg were pushing in KFGD which I don't really understand. As if their displeasure somehow will destroy PewDiePie.

The last time he got in trouble, when the WSJ ran a hit piece on him, he had 55M subscribers. Now he has 57M subscribers. The circulation of the WSJ is 2 Million. He grew by about the same amount as the total circulation of the WSJ, after the WSJ NAZI expose on him.

The power of the progressive press to ruin him is incredibly suspect.

Yeah, I really hated listening to that. They act as if they are the boss of him. As if they are the deciders of who can and can't be on the internet. They aren't his parents.

I'm not saying that he should have said it even if I don't think what he said was harmful he probably shouldn't have said it just because of how the internet reacts to things but I hate this mentality where people try to censor someone just because they don't see eye to eye on something. I believe people should just ignore something they don't support instead of trying to fight something. Don't waste the air if you want nothing to do with them but don't make it your mission to ruin someones life just because you don't agree with them.

On Colin & Greg Live today it was so cringy when Andrea was apologizing for making a joke about hitting someone. I hate how everyone has to walk on eggshells now.

User avatar
II GTA FREEK II
Baller
Posts: 1779
Joined: Nov 06, '15, 8:31am
Location: New York
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 12, '17, 4:46pm

Raging Light wrote:Not to harp on this any further but I respect Pewdiepie's apology video a lot more than the excuses you've made on his behalf. He owned up to his words like an adult and agreed that there was no excuse for that sort of behavior. That is how you resolve situations like this. This better be the last racist controversy I see swarming around this particular youtuber.

I think we both know I don't care about your respect. So I'm not sure why you wasted your time posting that. But okay, thanks for letting me know.
ColinSure

Now if you could do me a favor and keep me out of this thread from now on that would be great. Same goes for everyone else. K thanks.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.
Image

User avatar
BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 817
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 12, '17, 5:27pm

Jay wrote:I hate how everyone has to walk on eggshells now.

I hate how everyone assumes we have to walk on eggshells, now. portilloShu
No, we really don't. But, the minute we realize we might have hurt someone else? On purpose or not? Dude, c'mon. You're a freaking human being. You have feelings, too. Act according to your own conscience. And show everyone around you who you truly are. Then, everyone else will see you for who you really are, and act accordingly, as well.

That's what people are starting to do, nowadays, I believe.
And, well, if people acted towards others as they wanted others to act around them (what a novel concept, huh?), I dunno...

Maybe we wouldn't have to bicker so much, around one another. portilloTrueLove
Image

User avatar
Jay
Tim's Disney Princess
Posts: 5867
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 12, '17, 6:40pm

BetoJR wrote:
Jay wrote:I hate how everyone has to walk on eggshells now.

I hate how everyone assumes we have to walk on eggshells, now. portilloShu
No, we really don't. But, the minute we realize we might have hurt someone else? On purpose or not? Dude, c'mon. You're a freaking human being. You have feelings, too. Act according to your own conscience. And show everyone around you who you truly are. Then, everyone else will see you for who you really are, and act accordingly, as well.

That's what people are starting to do, nowadays, I believe.
And, well, if people acted towards others as they wanted others to act around them (what a novel concept, huh?), I dunno...

Maybe we wouldn't have to bicker so much, around one another. portilloTrueLove

Or we could have thicker skin and a sense of humor.

User avatar
BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 817
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 13, '17, 2:00am

Jay wrote:Or we could have thicker skin and a sense of humor.

Right. In your experience, how's that working out? In the history of man? portilloSeducer
Image

User avatar
Jay
Tim's Disney Princess
Posts: 5867
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 13, '17, 7:15am

BetoJR wrote:
Jay wrote:Or we could have thicker skin and a sense of humor.

Right. In your experience, how's that working out? In the history of man? portilloSeducer

I was raised by people with thicker skin and a sense of humor. People with thicker skin and a sense of humor are usually stronger people and in the entertainment world the product was better when they could do whatever they wanted. You couldn't have a George Carlin today.

In my experience? I've never had an issue with it. Maybe issues with other things but not that. Maybe it's where I live, I dunno. I don't live in San Francisco. People aren't like that where I live. It's a lot simpler. People just do whatever they want within reason and it's never really been a problem. People are more chill here.

User avatar
BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 817
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 13, '17, 9:30am

I wish I lived there, then.
Image

User avatar
Tidal Town
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1902
Joined: May 22, '15, 3:26pm
Location: Nashville, TN
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 13, '17, 11:54am

Jay wrote:
BetoJR wrote:People just do whatever they want within reason and it's never really been a problem.

Well see now you've put a clarifying statement on it.
Roll Tide | Go Braves | SMASHVILLE | Titan Up

Image

User avatar
Jay
Tim's Disney Princess
Posts: 5867
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 13, '17, 12:57pm

Tidal Town wrote:Well see now you've put a clarifying statement on it.

Meaning not breaking any laws but people don't really get on your ass over tiny little shit like they do in places like San Francisco. It's like they've never been in the real world over there. There is bigger problems in the world than the words people are using.

I'm not saying you can go to work and call people a "Nigger" here but you also can't go to work and tell your boss to fuck off either. If someone is paying you then you probably should follow their rules. lol. It's just people aren't going to cry over it and they aren't going to make it their mission to ruin you either and privately most people I've met don't really care what you say as long as it's not meant to be harmful.

That said, I'm sure if you say it to a black person here they may overreact but that's because anybody that says it to a black person especially someone they don't know personally is looking to provoke them. Using it in a joking way here in private isn't that big of a deal though.

It's just a word. I don't care what history it has because that was a long time ago. I would never say it to someone that I thought it might hurt but even I wouldn't be against saying it for comedy. I just wouldn't on this site because there is rules here that I agreed to when signing up and I need a place to talk about Knack 2 on.

I don't really care if people think I'm racist because I know I'm not and that's all that matters to me. Also, Knack comes in all different colors.

User avatar
BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 817
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 13, '17, 4:20pm

Really. It was a long time ago. People don't use the word TODAY to mean exactly what it was supposed to mean back then, right? Riiight...
Image

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1268
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 14, '17, 2:56am

Has anyone seen Jim Sterling's video shared here ? I think he brought a new argument to the discussion (well, new to me) about how PewdiePie actions impact other Youtubers work/lives. What does everyone think about that?

Jay wrote:. I just wouldn't on this site because there is rules here that I agreed to when signing up and I need a place to talk about Knack 2 on.


Oreogasm This is hands down the best reason to be in a forum. I love this answer
Image

User avatar
A7X458
Seducer
Posts: 477
Joined: May 20, '15, 12:18am

PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 14, '17, 4:16am

Raging Light wrote:https://youtu.be/J50Mzf1KhJI

So did the media make you say that on camera, Pewdiepie?


I heard alot of people talk about this but after seeing the video i side with Campo Santo, this guy is an idiot and the gaming industry should start cutting him of now before it's to late.
Image
PSN: A7X458
Xbox Live:A7X458
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

User avatar
The_Almighty_Foofy
Baller
Posts: 1185
Joined: Jun 04, '15, 3:24pm
Location: Temple Hills, MD
XBL: A 2Piece Combo
PSN: PhantomPain20xx
NNID: SW-5606-2665-3891
Steam: atomic_pingas
Contact: Facebook Twitter Twitch

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 14, '17, 5:20am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Has anyone seen Jim Sterling's video shared here ? I think he brought a new argument to the discussion (well, new to me) about how PewdiePie actions impact other Youtubers work/lives. What does everyone think about that?

Jay wrote:. I just wouldn't on this site because there is rules here that I agreed to when signing up and I need a place to talk about Knack 2 on.


Oreogasm This is hands down the best reason to be in a forum. I love this answer


I saw that video and I think there was a Kotaku article talking about the same thing. I do believe a lot of youtubers are worried about this. It is a bigger issue because like it or not, PewDiePie is the face of youtube and if he screws up, advertisers will get pissed and that could screw the pooch for a lot of content creators/youtubers. Hell, isn't the whole "Ad-pocalypse" thing on youtube partially because of PewDiePie's first screw up with the Nazi imagery jokes?

Far as I'm concerned, the guy is a fucking idiot. A man-child that doesnt fully grasp the power he has, the spotlight he's under because of that fame, and how his actions really can screw things up for everyone. He might be racist even but I attribute most of it to him being a product of internet/4chan culture where internet trolls and tough guys throw out the typical internet insult, i.e. cuck, autistic, nigger, etc. and see no problem with it.
"It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right."

"Ore wa Gundam da"
Image

User avatar
Jay
Tim's Disney Princess
Posts: 5867
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 14, '17, 6:13am

BetoJR wrote:Really. It was a long time ago. People don't use the word TODAY to mean exactly what it was supposed to mean back then, right? Riiight...

There are people that do, sure, but those ARE the racists. Those are the ones looking to be harmful and trying to provoke people. Those are the ones we should be worrying about. Not the people that use it differently or for comedic reasons and also it's not like many black people aren't saying it either. If its soooooooo offensive and powerful to them then why do so many of them throw it around like it's nothing? If you don't like a word so much why advertise it at all? Why put it out there in peoples minds?

I also really hate the "Nigga" vs "Nigger" thing when we know exactly what the word is. If people care so much about the origins then how it's spelled shouldn't matter if it has the same origins.

User avatar
BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 817
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 14, '17, 9:01am

Jay wrote:
BetoJR wrote:Really. It was a long time ago. People don't use the word TODAY to mean exactly what it was supposed to mean back then, right? Riiight...

There are people that do, sure, but those ARE the racists. Those are the ones looking to be harmful and trying to provoke people. Those are the ones we should be worrying about. Not the people that use it differently or for comedic reasons and also it's not like many black people aren't saying it either. If its soooooooo offensive and powerful to them then why do so many of them throw it around like it's nothing? If you don't like a word so much why advertise it at all? Why put it out there in peoples minds?


That's exactly what you should be asking yourself. Why say it in the first place? Maybe you shouldn't? That would be the best course of action, no? And, no, there are no people that use that word with a "secondary" meaning, don't kid yourself. There are no !racists, around, "reclaiming" it.

Jay wrote:I also really hate the "Nigga" vs "Nigger" thing when we know exactly what the word is. If people care so much about the origins then how it's spelled shouldn't matter if it has the same origins.


Dude, that's an argument to be had with people who are actually affected by the word itself, I would think. I have no perspective, being so white that a few minutes in the sun trying to catch some waves almost turn me into a tomato, the next day. I'm guessing neither do you. So, why does this bother you that much?

portilloSexyGreg
Image

User avatar
Jay
Tim's Disney Princess
Posts: 5867
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:58am
Location: The North
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 14, '17, 10:13am

BetoJR wrote:That's exactly what you should be asking yourself. Why say it in the first place? Maybe you shouldn't? That would be the best course of action
It's not the question I should be asking myself because I don't believe words have any power. So it would be pointless to censor myself. It's a question those that get offended should be asking themselves because they are the ones getting offended and they aren't helping themselves by putting it out there. If it's such a problem for THEM then why do THEY make it worse? I'm totally irrelevant to that because IDGAF. :)

Jay wrote:Dude, that's an argument to be had with people who are actually affected by the word itself, I would think. I have no perspective, being so white that a few minutes in the sun trying to catch some waves almost turn me into a tomato, the next day. I'm guessing neither do you. So, why does this bother you that much?
If they are so scared of saying the word they shouldn't be saying it at all. It shouldn't matter how it's spelled. It's the same fucking word. I don't think we need to be the same skin color as them to see that there is no difference between the words. They literally have the same origins and it bothers me because If I'm going to say the word I shouldn't have to be expected to make a distinction. If someone says "Nigga" the word "Nigger" is put in everyone's head when they hear it so what exactly is the point of changing it at all? Either say it or don't. Don't hide from what it really is.

User avatar
BetoJR
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 817
Joined: Dec 30, '16, 6:55am
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
PSN: BetoJR_FOR
Contact: Twitter

Re: PewDiePie says the N Word, Firewatch Dev uses DMCA Copyright Strikes as weapon against him

Sep 14, '17, 10:51am

I give up.
Image

Return to “Politics & Social Debates”