VillainFace
Best Friend

New and need feedback on my Zelda poster!

Jan 11, '18, 2:45pm

Hi there,

I'm new but i've been a Kinda Funny fan for a real while now, been making laugh for an age.

If I may, I need your feedback on my Zelda Breath of the Wild poster, what do you like?, what don't you like? etc.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and if the poster isn't showing here then check out this link:

https://villainface.deviantart.com/art/ ... -724543259

BuffArms
Baller

Re: New and need feedback on my Zelda poster!

Jan 11, '18, 3:43pm

The line work is great. I think the character work is really good. The problem is that it is so busy and flat that is loses focus. My eye is not drawn in well to the image. I don't see what the focal point should be. I am not sure if its the composition, or if its the inking and coloring makes it hard to distinguish shapes. Either way it fails to draw the eye in well to Link/Zelda, which I assume is what you want the viewer to focus on.

I'd suggest more contrast and trying out different reds to get more separation, give it some depth. Maybe make it so Link/Zelda appear more in the foreground, and the various monsters/castle appear behind. Or move them up higher in the composition.

Or maybe make it landscape instead of portrait. Because the bottom 40% works really well on its own:

*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Re: New and need feedback on my Zelda poster!

Jan 11, '18, 4:26pm

I would make link and Zelda stand out more, with it landscape they pop a bit more, maybe make them a different shade of red or another colour entirely to make them pop

VillainFace
Best Friend

Jan 12, '18, 3:13pm

Hey there chaps, thanks for the feedback! All fair points which i'll definitely take on board for the Mario Odyssey poster i'm making next (i usually just move on to a finished poster otherwise I just get stuck chasing perfection if you know what I mean).

Thanks again!

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Jan 12, '18, 10:10pm

I’m no expert on what makes good art, so I can’t really give any actual criticisms and advice. I will say that Zelda’s, and even Links faces look just a little off. And I’ve never even played BOTW. But that’s just me nitpicking. Regardless it’s well done. As someone with no talent for art this looks really good. Good job either way.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

VillainFace
Best Friend

Jan 13, '18, 2:49am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:I’m no expert on what makes good art, so I can’t really give any actual criticisms and advice. I will say that Zelda’s, and even Links faces look just a little off. And I’ve never even played BOTW. But that’s just me nitpicking. Regardless it’s well done. As someone with no talent for art this looks really good. Good job either way.

Hey mate, theres no experts in art, everyone's equal! Thanks for the comment; it's funny you say that because I actually hand draw it on paper so that the characters look a little off on purpose - personally i'm not a fan of art in which the characters look like a one for one trace of the original, but that's just me!

Thanks again for the feedback, man you people on these forums are proving invaluable! I'm indebted to you! kfwink

Return to “Community Showcase”