ihsan
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Re: NEW YORK AREA

May 31, '15, 8:12pm

Just registered to the forum to find a NYC thread! I'm in Queens!

Bald_Wookiee
Portillo's Mouth Noises

May 31, '15, 9:11pm

Whoop whoop im over here in Hoboken, NJ. Im going to go back and read the other posts :ugeek: but are there any meet ups planned yet?
I do Massage Therapy and Festivals. The only thing better in this life is Kinda Funny.

DataBase
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jun 02, '15, 7:28pm

hideindoors wrote:Currently in Queens, but born and raised on Long Island.

I'm in Queens too. Holy crap I'm not the only one haha

layzbean
Pure One
PSN: layzbean

Jun 02, '15, 8:24pm

rvarg007 wrote:
hideindoors wrote:It just came to me while working/counting down the minutes till is is 5pm and I can go home.

For this meet up (and really just in general), we should definitely hit up Boilermaker. It is Erick Castro's bar and I think that would a great Kinda Funny tie-in. I've been meaning to go, but haven't had the chance.

I think that makes sense! I've also wanted to go also. Here's the link http://www.boilermakernyc.com/#home

The burger on the front page looks magical.

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 02, '15, 10:25pm

I'm in Queens as well. At this rate we could just have a KindaFunnyQueens meet up on top of a NY meet up!
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

Lest I continue in my complacent way, help me to remember that somewhere, a man died for me today.

As long as there be war, I then must ask and answer, am I worth dying for?

- Eleanor Roosevelt

WhyNotPete
Unsung Hero
XBL: master_quagmire
PSN: metalquagmire

Jun 03, '15, 7:51am

I'm in Manhattan myself. I think i remember Colin saying they would be attending NY comicon in October. We should definitely get some community events set up around this.

If anyone's free this weekend, maybe we can do something casual at a bar on saturday

rvarg007
Unsung Hero
PSN: rickvargas
Steam: rvarg007

Jun 03, '15, 8:05am

Vysage wrote:I'm in Manhattan myself. I think i remember Colin saying they would be attending NY comicon in October. We should definitely get some community events set up around this.

If anyone's free this weekend, maybe we can do something casual at a bar on saturday

Yeah on the KF App it's listed under events, but i think he was saying that they don't know if they'll have a booth or panel at NYCC but they'll physically be there...

What bar where you thinking?
Twitter: @rvarg007 Twitch: ricky0426 Snapchat: ricky0426

WhyNotPete
Unsung Hero

Jun 03, '15, 8:45am

Just off the top of my head, we do Peculiar Pub in Greenwich Village or swift bar in the east village. Those are the bars that come to mind that aren't too crowded during the day and have a lot of space. If we have a small group, the Thirsty Scholar in the East village is my go to bar but it doesn't have a ton of space. I'm not particularly tied to that area but it seems pretty central.

hideindoors
Pure One

Jun 03, '15, 8:50am

Vysage wrote:Just off the top of my head, we do Peculiar Pub in Greenwich Village or swift bar in the east village. Those are the bars that come to mind that aren't too crowded during the day and have a lot of space. If we have a small group, the Thirsty Scholar in the East village is my go to bar but it doesn't have a ton of space. I'm not particularly tied to that area but it seems pretty central.

I work in that area and walk by the Thirsty Scholar a lot on my lunch breaks. Seems like a cool place. I might have to check it out after work one night...or maybe during lunch if it is a rough morning.
- Katharine

We need to remember what is important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. It doesn't matter but work is third.

KindaMatt
Seducer
PSN: MattKZ11

Jun 03, '15, 8:56am

Hey guys, I'm in Manhattan (grad student at weill cornell).

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 03, '15, 9:31am

Oh boy this thing is really coming together :) I don't know how you guys feel about this, but I have a set of Cards Against Humanity, with a few expansions and the Big Black Box :)
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

Lest I continue in my complacent way, help me to remember that somewhere, a man died for me today.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

CZor04
Unsung Hero
PSN: C-Zor

Jun 03, '15, 6:00pm

Anyone going to Special Edition NYC this weekend? I'll be there on Saturday.
:kinda PSN ID: C-Zor :kinda

TSGS92
Best Friend

Jun 03, '15, 9:06pm

Martinswagr wrote:I'm originally from Poughkeepsie/Wappingers area.

I moved to the Poughkeepsie/Wappingers area last year!

And I'm also going to NYCC this year.

CagetheHorde
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jun 04, '15, 9:39am

I'm from New Jersey (Hudson County) so I'm like 5 minutes away from the Lincoln Tunnel

oscaronthecouch
Best Friend

Jun 04, '15, 10:35am

Hey whats going everyone! Im from Long Island :)

ValkyrieX
Unsung Hero
PSN: ValkyrieX

Jun 04, '15, 1:53pm

Live in Northern NJ, but work in Midtown East.

KineticGhost
Best Friend

Jun 05, '15, 9:07am

I'm definitely down for a meetup! I'm from the Corning NY area. For those who don't know, it's about 1 1/2hr from Rochester.

Add me on PSN! Love to hang other Best Friends!
PSN: KineticGhost07

WhyNotPete
Unsung Hero

Jun 05, '15, 10:21am

I'm sure someone is planning a bigger NY meetup at some point in the future, but maybe we can do something small and casual in the mean time. If anyone's interested in grabbing a drink on Saturday i'm going to be at the Thirsty Scholar in the East Village at 4pm tomorrow the 6th. If anyone's interested in stopping by and hanging out great, if not no big deal, i can use that time to catch up on old kindafunny podcasts. I'll be wearing a grey avengers shirt.

I'm also gonna be there later today at 6 as well, i'm the tall dude with red hair in the group that usually hangs out by the entrance. My name's Pete.

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 05, '15, 1:13pm

Vysage wrote:I'm sure someone is planning a bigger NY meetup at some point in the future, but maybe we can do something small and casual in the mean time. If anyone's interested in grabbing a drink on Saturday i'm going to be at the Thirsty Scholar in the East Village at 4pm tomorrow the 6th. If anyone's interested in stopping by and hanging out great, if not no big deal, i can use that time to catch up on old kindafunny podcasts. I'll be wearing a grey avengers shirt.

I'm also gonna be there later today at 6 as well, i'm the tall dude with red hair in the group that usually hangs out by the entrance. My name's Pete.

I'ma meet you there :) Can't drink due to a medical condition, but I'll definitely hang out :)
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

- Eleanor Roosevelt

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 06, '15, 4:53pm

My fellow NYers this was awesome, more of you guys should have showed up, would have been a great time :)
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Community Connect”