General_Patton
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Re: NEW YORK AREA

Jun 06, '15, 6:28pm

Brooklyn here! I just signed up to the forum today.. I'm a little late to the party, but I'm definitely down for a meet up if that's still in the works.

Vivalafred
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jun 09, '15, 9:44pm

Manhattan in the house!

WhyNotPete
Unsung Hero
XBL: master_quagmire
PSN: metalquagmire

Jun 10, '15, 8:12am

Not sure if there's any interest in it, but if people would like to do a Kinda Funny NY Happy Hour I'll be at the Thirsty Scholar (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-thirsty-scholar-new-york this Friday at 5 pm (I'm going to try to duck out work a little early but worst case i'll be there closer to 5:30) It would be cool to establish some kind of regular meetup for the NY people.

I'll be at the front of the bar, my name's Pete. I'm like 6'2 with reddish brown hair and a mediocre attempt at a beard. The bartender knows me (his name is also pete) so he can point me out.

Hope to see you there!

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 10, '15, 8:15am

Vysage wrote:Not sure if there's any interest in it, but if people would like to do a Kinda Funny NY Happy Hour I'll be at the Thirsty Scholar (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-thirsty-scholar-new-york this Friday at 5 pm (I'm going to try to duck out work a little early but worst case i'll be there closer to 5:30) It would be cool to establish some kind of regular meetup for the NY people.

I'll be at the front of the bar, my name's Pete. I'm like 6'2 with reddish brown hair and a mediocre attempt at a beard. The bartender knows me (his name is also pete) so he can point me out.

Hope to see you there!

There will also be an Asian guy about the same height there in a hat talking to Pete, in the lighting condition of the bar it might be a little difficult to see the subtle color of Pete's hair, but Asians don't usual come in a 6'1 package, so that ought to be easier to spot.
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

Lest I continue in my complacent way, help me to remember that somewhere, a man died for me today.

As long as there be war, I then must ask and answer, am I worth dying for?

- Eleanor Roosevelt

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 10, '15, 8:15am

Also nobody got hurt during the meeting last week, so don't be afraid to show.
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

Lest I continue in my complacent way, help me to remember that somewhere, a man died for me today.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Dangeresque92
Best Friend

Jun 10, '15, 5:29pm

Did anyone else get tickets to the Times Square Playstation e# Experience?

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 10, '15, 5:30pm

Dangeresque92 wrote:Did anyone else get tickets to the Times Square Playstation e# Experience?

Couldn't you get essentially the same thing at home via IGN and many other outlets?
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Dangeresque92
Best Friend

Jun 11, '15, 5:57am

HE-PD85 wrote:
Dangeresque92 wrote:Did anyone else get tickets to the Times Square Playstation e# Experience?

Couldn't you get essentially the same thing at home via IGN and many other outlets?

They have swag, so no.

hideindoors
Pure One

Jun 11, '15, 5:26pm

Vysage wrote:Not sure if there's any interest in it, but if people would like to do a Kinda Funny NY Happy Hour I'll be at the Thirsty Scholar (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-thirsty-scholar-new-york this Friday at 5 pm (I'm going to try to duck out work a little early but worst case i'll be there closer to 5:30) It would be cool to establish some kind of regular meetup for the NY people.

Hope to see you there!

I'm literally at this bar now Woth coworkers.
- Katharine

We need to remember what is important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. It doesn't matter but work is third.

HE-PD85
Pure One

Jun 11, '15, 5:27pm

hideindoors wrote:

Hope to see you there!

Gonna come join us tomorrow?
- Mike

Semper Fidelis

- Eleanor Roosevelt

hideindoors
Pure One

Jun 11, '15, 7:21pm

HE-PD85 wrote:
hideindoors wrote:

Hope to see you there!

Gonna come join us tomorrow?

Perhaps. I am en route back to queens & am tired and I have to see how this drinking effected me tonight to see if I could continue it tomorrow. :)
- Katharine

We need to remember what is important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. It doesn't matter but work is third.

WhyNotPete
Unsung Hero

Jun 17, '15, 1:56pm

I'm going to leave an open invite for friday kindafunny happy hours. I'm at the thirsty scholar almost every friday at 5:30-6pm. I figure with e3 there's plenty to talk about. If you're worried nobody is going to be there, you can PM me to confirm.

This week i'm going to wear my "Colin was right" blue shirt, it seems appropriate.

CZor04
Unsung Hero
PSN: C-Zor

Jun 17, '15, 4:08pm

Won't make it this Friday...maybe next one, and I know I have off on July 3rd.
:kinda PSN ID: C-Zor :kinda

Antdavs24
Best Friend

Jun 18, '15, 6:11pm

Representing Queens !!! :)
PSN = Antdavs24 ... Twitter = Antdavs24

Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you. - Tyrion Lannister

32bitplayer
Pure One

Jun 21, '15, 3:13pm

Born in NYC, raised in NJ, and now living out in the Lehigh Valley in PA ... I work half an hour out near Bridgewater, NJ during the week, so I swing a trip out to the city whenever I can.

WhyNotPete
Unsung Hero

Jul 02, '15, 12:43pm

Thought I'd put this here http://bit.ly/KindaFunnyEast

We're in the initial planning stages for an East Coast Kinda Funny meetup. There's a thread at http://www.kindafunnyforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=387&start=40 to discuss it.

bgray37
Best Friend
PSN: Vendetta9304

NEW YORK AREA

Jul 23, '15, 2:53pm

Thanks to Ricky Vargas for showing me this thread! Just moved to Brooklyn from Orlando! I mean as Colin has repeatedly pointed out when talking about the Islanders, Brooklyn and Queens are ON Long Island, so I guess I KINDA count now? hahaha

rvarg007
Unsung Hero
PSN: rickvargas
Steam: rvarg007

NEW YORK AREA

Jul 27, '15, 9:04am

bgray37 wrote:Thanks to Ricky Vargas for showing me this thread! Just moved to Brooklyn from Orlando! I mean as Colin has repeatedly pointed out when talking about the Islanders, Brooklyn and Queens are ON Long Island, so I guess I KINDA count now? hahaha

Welcome!! Another person to leave sunny Florida for a place with actual 4 seasons :D (I'm from Miami and spent my last few summers with my aunt and cousins in Kissimmee)
Twitter: @rvarg007 Twitch: ricky0426 Snapchat: ricky0426

MisterMac
Best Friend

NEW YORK AREA

Jul 28, '15, 9:49am

Deep out in the homeland of Colin Moriarity for me. Suffolk County Long Island

WhyNotPete
Unsung Hero

NEW YORK AREA

Aug 10, '15, 11:39am

I mentioned this on the facebook event page, but is there any interest in forming a chat group for people in the general area?

We can use the app more people prefer, whether it's Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, groupme or whatever else people are using.