Tim's Disney Princess

World of Warcraft

Sep 18, '16, 11:42am

How is everyone enjoying Legion?

nabeyu
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Re: World of Warcraft

Nov 28, '16, 3:40am

Just came back from long break from WoW. Seems ok, but Wow is still not holding my attention like it used to.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Nov 28, '16, 4:55am

nabeyu wrote:Just came back from long break from WoW. Seems ok, but Wow is still not holding my attention like it used to.

Well, it is a old game.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Nov 28, '16, 1:50pm

I played it for a little while and then go over it. I am sure in 6 months time I will pay for another month just to do stuff till I get bored 2 weeks later.
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Nov 30, '16, 5:42am

The_Redback wrote:I played it for a little while and then go over it. I am sure in 6 months time I will pay for another month just to do stuff till I get bored 2 weeks later.

There is nothing wrong with that. A 12 year old game doesn't need a ongoing subscription. Pay for what you play.

People bitch about how sometimes WoW will go a long time without content but nobody asks them to have an ongoing subscription 24/7. It takes time to make content.

Frostilyte
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: Frostilyte

Nov 30, '16, 8:40am

Jay wrote:There is nothing wrong with that. A 12 year old game doesn't need a ongoing subscription. Pay for what you play.

People bitch about how sometimes WoW will go a long time without content but nobody asks them to have an ongoing subscription 24/7. It takes time to make content.

Good point and applicable to most MMO games, not just WoW. Though I'd hazard the ones who complain the loudest are the ones who play it quite frequently throughout the year (or it is the only thing that they play throughout the year).
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nov 30, '16, 1:42pm

Jay wrote:
The_Redback wrote:I played it for a little while and then go over it. I am sure in 6 months time I will pay for another month just to do stuff till I get bored 2 weeks later.

There is nothing wrong with that. A 12 year old game doesn't need a ongoing subscription. Pay for what you play.

Yeah, I got my fill of full time sub when I was playing non-stop from launch till cata.

nickcarter
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Host for GameSpot

Dec 25, '16, 7:54am

How I still havent hit 110 yet and seeing literally everyone I know on GD that plays already grinding Heroics/Mythics

tryhards I tell ya
on the serious side Demon Hunter is really fun, being a paladin player for 4-5 years then swapping to a class with real mobility is amazing.
How lose weight fast and safely

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Dec 27, '16, 6:55am

nickcarter wrote:How I still havent hit 110 yet and seeing literally everyone I know on GD that plays already grinding Heroics/Mythics

I mean, it has been out for a very long time.

Littleraven89
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Savagechild89

Jan 11, '17, 9:26am

I am enjoying it quite a bit. Played heavily at launch and have fizzled off as time has passed but I still at least pop on daily to either do some world quests or maybe do a dungeon or some PvP before logging out.

I don't like it as much as I liked MoP at the same time in its life but I think that has more to do with where I am in life now compared to 4 years ago.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Feb 06, '17, 7:14pm

I just bought all of the StarCraft II stuff with WoW gold. lol.

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Feb 10, '17, 6:10am

Are Murlocs playable yet? I'll get back to WoW once Murlocs are playable.

Mikomono
Best Friend
PSN: Zero_915_
Steam: Mikomono

Mar 14, '17, 5:28pm

Still no murlocs. My game time ran out 2 weeks ago, honestly legion was really fun at the start, and then everyone realized just how big of a grind this new expansion was, AP farming, legendaries, in addition to gear. It gets stale quick if you arent willing to run M+ constantly. It also incredibly alt unfriendly, which kinda sucks cuz this is the first time I've ever had an interest in alts.

Lord_Duncho
Unsung Hero
PSN: Lord_Duncho

World of Warcraft

Mar 24, '17, 4:37pm

Hi all, I've been off of WoW for years, haven't been gaming much and want to get back into WoW. Is Warlords of Draenor a standalone game or is it an expansion pack where I need to have the basic Wow platform installed first? thx -Lord_D
"...fuck it dude, let's go bowling."

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

World of Warcraft

Mar 28, '17, 6:19am

Lord_Duncho wrote:Hi all, I've been off of WoW for years, haven't been gaming much and want to get back into WoW. Is Warlords of Draenor a standalone game or is it an expansion pack where I need to have the basic Wow platform installed first? thx -Lord_D

It's an expansion pack, just like all the other ones so far. But I think you can get all the "old" expansions as well as the core game for a total of something like 20 bucks, and the latest expansion for a bit more. Could be wrong though.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

World of Warcraft

Mar 28, '17, 2:10pm

JJGee wrote:
Lord_Duncho wrote:Hi all, I've been off of WoW for years, haven't been gaming much and want to get back into WoW. Is Warlords of Draenor a standalone game or is it an expansion pack where I need to have the basic Wow platform installed first? thx -Lord_D

It's an expansion pack, just like all the other ones so far. But I think you can get all the "old" expansions as well as the core game for a total of something like 20 bucks, and the latest expansion for a bit more. Could be wrong though.

Yup. Its $25 Australian Dollars for the whole game (expect for the most recent expansion) from the online store here so I imagine it would be a similar price everywhere else.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Mar 28, '17, 3:47pm

Patch 7.2 today!

ScoobySniper74
Best Friend

World of Warcraft

May 13, '17, 12:09am

Hey guys! I am really enjoying Legion so far. My cousin and I started a raiding guild together this expansion and it has been going very well. We are very close to having 20 competent and geared players for Mythic progression and hoping to have the full Mythic roster together by the time the mythic version of ToS is available. We also accept any and all casual players. If any of you guys are looking for a semi-hardcore raiding guild (we are pushing for Mythic but still only raid 6 hours a week and aren't going for realm firsts or anything like that) and are interested, let me know. We need 1 Healer of any class (have Hpally, Hpriest, and are trialing an Rdruid right now) and some non-clothie DPS. We are perfectly willing and able you help gear you up as well as analyze your logs to help you improve your performance. If you were ever interesting in raiding, we can help you become a really good raider and help get you some progression under your belt.

We are US-Horde on Black Dragonflight/Skullcrusher/Gul'dan. We raid Tuesday/Sunday from 9pm-Midngiht EST,though Sunday nights are up in the air right now. Hope to see at least one of you in Azeroth
Bnet: Whoopyou#11131

Return to “PC Gaming”